The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: No And
- No And! The secret of meeting error lies in knowing its nature. And the nature of error can be summed up in such words as "carnal mind," "suggestion," "appearance," or "hypnotism." The nature of error as hypnotism, or the carnal mind, can be illustrated in this way: If there were a plant in the room where you are now sitting and if someone hypnotized you, he could make you believe that, instead of branches, snakes were growing out of the flowerpot, and you would accept and believe it. Through hypnotic suggestion, the hypnotist has taken temporary control of your mind, and because you are apparently unable to act independently, you follow his suggestion to its logical conclusion. A fear of the snakes is set up in you; you run away from them and may even pick up a knife with which to chop off their heads-all this based on the belief that snakes are actually there. No matter what you might do to those nonexistent snakes, you still could not change the fact that as long as you remain hypnotized you will see snakes. There is no possible way for you to be rid of those snakes except to become dehypnotized; there is no way to get rid of your fear of snakes except to become dehypnotized; there is no way to put up your sword except to become dehypnotized. In other words, as long as the hypnosis lasts, all the component parts of the picture are there, are they not? Now just as it is possible to hypnotize you into believing that there are snakes in the room, so is it possible to hypnotize you into believing that there is a selfhood other than God in any place where you happen to be. As soon as you have been hypnotized into believing in a selfhood apart from God, you then logically accept all the beliefs regarding this selfhood: birth, growth, maturity, and ultimately death. There is only one way to be rid of the human picture, and that is to understand that there is no person and there is no selfhood other than God in the room or in any other place. But the hypnotized person ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith Reader_ No And.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 1, Oneness with God
- ~ 1 ~ ONENESS WITH GOD Spiritual teaching is an unfoldment of the activity of the Spirit of God in individual consciousness as revealed by the Master, Christ Jesus. Every spiritually illumined teacher throughout all ages has recognized that out of the depths of the silence, out of the depths of the Infinite Within-ness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily lives. The Infinite Way differs from many other metaphysical teachings. In those teachings we find that the emphasis is placed on the term "wrong thinking," and we learn that we, as seekers, have been held responsible for our disease or for our lack of healing. In some way or other, it was our wrong thinking that was responsible. But that is not true. The error is never ours. The error was here long before we appeared on the human scene; and if we are not careful and if we do not help to eradicate it, it will be here for somebody else to be victimized by long after we are removed from the human scene. It is always an impersonal error, a universal belief. We can never lose true teaching, after it has become a part of our own being. Once we understand this teaching, once it really becomes a part of us, it cannot be lost; and if the whole world said that we were wrong, our own demonstration of it would be the proof that it was right. But until that time when it is ours-when we know that we really have it-let us hold on to it within ourselves. The Master said to the leper who was healed: "See thou tell no man." 1 After it is really ours, we can go and show the priests, but until that time comes, let us wait a while, and let it solidify within us. We have books to read which help us in our unfoldment-books of a spiritual nature, dealing with spiritual subjects. We have Scripture. And more and more we should learn our Bible, because the Bible is the Book of Life. Much of the world has missed the mark by reading the Bible from its historical and literary points of view; whereas it is filled from cover to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 1, Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 14, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 14 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED THE REAL PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL TEACHING is not merely to show students how to make the demonstration of daily living and daily harmony, nor even the demonstration of peace and health in a human way. There is something more important in life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or prolonging physical life a few years, or increasing a person's income by ten or even a thousand dollars a week. The real import of The Infinite Way is that we realize that life is Spirit and therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual and our entire existence show forth the harmonies and perfections of Spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7,8 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Judging the world from the evidence of the five physical senses, we would have to admit that God is mocked. Surely, God never planned for Its creation any such scenes or experiences as we witness in the human world, and so, judging by human experience and from what we see about us of sin, disease, wars and depressions, it is practically impossible to believe that God is not mocked. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth." 1 How can we reconcile that statement with the statistical fact that not only are our highways filled with death every day, but that we send the flower of our youth off to war to make sure they get killed even faster than would be the normal incidence in traffic accidents? Yes, in the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in healing work-spiritual, mental or medical-or with those suffering from cancer or tuberculosis would certainly be tempted to agree that God is mocked. Yet Scripture says that God is not mocked. It also says ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 14, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 10, A Harmonious Universe
- CHAPTER 10 A Harmonious Universe THERE IS an ancient Hebraic belief that when the Messiah came, He would be a great and mighty king and general, that he would free the Hebrews from the slavery of Rome, and probably even free them from the horrible influences of their own Temple, their own ecclesiastical hierarchy. When the Messiah came-as Jesus-He said, "I have overcome the world." This must have been terribly mystifying to the Hebrews, because they were still under Rome and they were still under the hierarchy of the Temple. As far as they could see, the world was just as wicked as it had been before, and certainly it was just as rough on them as it had been before. The only things that He showed forth at all in His ministry to them were some individual healings and two or three feedings, which is not really great demonstration over a three-year period, if you are judging by these outer changes. So it is that we are very apt to think of God, or the Christ, as temporal power, and then try to send it out to do something for us, like changing the weather or stopping fires or bringing peace on earth. The longer we look in that direction, the longer we shall fail. The function of the activity of Christ is to transform consciousness. The outer world is only a product, or the added things, of the change of consciousness. In other words, if we have come to a place of peace with ourselves, between ourselves; if we have attained a state of consciousness in which we manifest love to each other-joy, gratitude, cooperation-it is only because we have had a change of consciousness to that degree. There could be no peace in the outer experience except in proportion to whatever change has taken place in our own consciousness. Instead of looking out and wondering what Truth will do for us or what this one or that one will do for us, if we are looking out in the sense of gratitude that we have a contribution to make in spiritual sharing, we have had a transformation of consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, A Harmonious Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 9, The Consciousness of the Individual
- ... All Men Are Brothers In order to make the life of God as the life of individual being demonstrable in your experience, you must go the second step of realizing that since this is true of you, it is true of all men. There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither white nor black; there is neither Oriental nor Occidental, for we are all one in our spiritual identity. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father which is in heaven." 6 That makes all of us brothers and sisters, members of one family, of one household. This is the truth whether the men and women of the world know it or not. The Master says, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 7 Now watch how it operates. When you are in any group of people, without any sense of self-righteousness, of being holier, better, or more valuable to God than the others, realize that there is but one Father, and you are all brethren. There are no barriers in that relationship, and then you can look upon any other person without judgment, criticism, or condemnation. Even if you are aware of sin, it would be with forgiveness. And what would happen to the other person? Would he not feel your lack of judgment? When a person sets himself up as better, holier, more righteous, more moral, or more honest than you, then a barrier would go up within you of defense, protecting yourself from whoever it is that is sitting in judgment on you. If a person in any walk of life has designs on you, on your money, or in any way looks to you for something that is certainly not his right or due, that sets up a mental wall in you, and you automatically begin to protect yourself. The best illustration that I can give is that a person who has been trained to be a buyer of any kind of merchandise can practically smell a salesman coming along and up goes that wall of defense, with the immediate response, "No, I don't need anything." It is an automatic response, even if in the next minute that buyer may say, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ciousness of the Individual.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1959, Spiritual Freedom
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Spiritual Freedom IN the human scene, most people are primarily concerned with themselves, and after themselves, with their family, and after their family with their business or profession; but as they rise in spiritual consciousness, the problems of their community and those of their nation become important to them, and the higher they rise spiritually, the more keenly are they aware of world problems. It is doubtful if anyone can attain a very high level of spiritual consciousness without being made more aware of the world's problems than before he attained such spiritual consciousness. Why must that necessarily be true? The answer can be found in the one word "freedom." Above all others, the spiritually illumined person understands the real meaning of freedom, and because he himself has experienced it, he longs to share that same freedom with the whole world. He has discovered that actually the only problem facing the world is a lack of freedom. The human race is not and never has been free. It is enslaved-physically, politically, and economically-first of all, by itself, within itself, and within its own body. Moreover, it is chained by the physical habits and by the political and economic theories and beliefs of generations. For example, witness the extent to which the entire race is in slavery to money. It is only the mystic who is free of the limiting belief that dollar bills, pounds sterling, or some other form of currency controls one's destiny. The greater the heights of spiritual consciousness you reach, the more keenly will you become aware of the many, many forms of slavery which are binding men and women to a life of dissatisfaction and frustration, and simultaneously the stronger will become the urge within you to see them set free. That is why some people in the earliest stages of their spiritual growth become zealots with the drive of a Paul. They want to go out into the world and free all men, and like Paul, they often end up ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uly 1959, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 155K
Find Similar Documents