Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Healing
- ... Let your freedom from the need of these be in your inner realization. Never boast or brag of your freedom from material means - that would be a sure sign you haven't the realization. Let your assurance of permanent Grace be an inner conviction which is outwardly felt by those with whom you come in contact. Never voice it except in the closed closet with a student who is on the brink of discovery. It is wiser to live your revelation than to speak it. Jesus walked on the water, but he did not advocate it as a general practice; he fed the multitudes, but he knew that we would have to grow to the stature of Christ before we could accomplish it, and therefore, he did not reproach those who worked for their daily bread. Live your demonstrated spiritual consciousness and let your living preach it. Do not take your patients or students a step further than they can see at the moment. If they try to walk on the water too soon, be alert - be present to raise them. Always stand by with love, forbearance and forgiveness. Life becomes an adventure when we realize the presence of the Christ. No longer is there concern or anxiety for some person "out there" or for some circumstance or condition. Life is now lived one moment at a time and that moment is now and that moment is God's moment. If your life is not an adventure now; if you are not living in a joyous expectancy, a confident assurance, then there is still a concern for some one or something "out there" instead of a relaxing in the consciousness that all Life is self-sustained. You are not necessary to anyone's demonstration of life or security. Your consciousness of this truth would help to set free any whom you may be holding in bondage to the belief of human dependency. When one avenue of supply closes, another opens to fill this moment with God's fullness - as long as one abides in the consciousness of the Presence. The world becomes your playground when you lose fear and concern in the recognition of the presence of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter X, Spiritual Unfoldment-Not Human Birth or Death
- CHAPTER X SPIRITUAL UNFOLDMENT-NOT HUMAN BIRTH OR DEATH In God's creation, there was light before there was a sun. In God's creation, there was a crop before there was a seed planted. In other words, there were no material processes. That is the secret of Melchizedek: Melchizedek had neither father nor mother-no physical process was involved in his coming into being. Do you not know that that is the true life of you and of me? Do you not know that, in our true identity, we are Melchizedek, having neither mother nor father? "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." In the Adam-dream, there is incarnation after incarnation, but in our true identity, there is no process of birth or death: There is always the I: I stand back of me, and I know all that is happening to this person called "me," and to this thing called "my body." But I am not identified with it. I am here, and I was here before I was conceived in my mother's womb, and I will be here if I should ever go through the experience of passing on. I will be out here witnessing it. It will be an experience that will be happening to my body, but not to the I, just as my birth was not to the I of me. I know that I am I, and I know that I took this form, transforming it from childhood to youth, youth to manhood, young manhood to maturity; and I know that this transforming process will continue until one of these days I shall evolve out of this sense of body into whatever the true identity or form of my body may be, because there is an I, and I am that I. I stand here as a witness. I am aware of myself as a person; I am aware of my body. I am aware of you as a person; I am aware that you as a person have a body, and in most cases I am aware of your true identity, I can almost feel the reality of you which lies behind your eyes: That is you; that is where you are. This other thing out here is only the form that you have assumed in this experience for the purpose of expression. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t--Not Human Birth or Death.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 4, Science of Creation
- ~ 4 ~ SCIENCE OF CREATION We never attempt anything without meditation. We never begin any work without going into the depths of our being to make conscious contact with God. We are one with God-"I and my Father are one" 1 -but that oneness is of no help to us, except in the degree of our realization of it. There must be a conscious awareness of our oneness. This does not mean merely declaring, "I and my Father are one," stating or affirming it while we are grabbing our hat and coat to rush downtown. Something happens to us when we go within and make the contact for that feel of the Presence. It is an experience as vibrant and alive as an electric contact. In our humanhood, we are cut off from the Source. That is what constitutes humanhood: a selfhood apart from God, a selfhood separate from God. But humanhood is a dream. We are never really separate from God, even though the effect on us is the same as if we were. To rise above humanhood, that is, above the experiences of a human being and human events, it becomes necessary, actually, for us to feel that we have God within our own being-to make a God- contact. For that reason, in all my writings you will find that attention is called to the necessity of beginning with this conscious awareness in the morning and continuing with it throughout the day until sleep comes at night, abiding constantly in the consciousness of the presence of God. Heretofore, we have for the most part, been satisfied to learn something of truth from a book, or to make some affirmations. From this time on, that will not suffice. At some time during the day and during the night, you must make this conscious contact with the inner Being, which we call God. Then, for the rest of the night, you can abide in that. But make that contact; make it a reality. In proportion as you consciously make that contact, your life will be rebuilt. In proportion as you learn to turn within before undertaking anything, whether it is writing, cooking, speaking, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, Science of Creation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 4, This Is Immortality
- ~ 4 ~ THIS IS IMMORTALITY LIFE, REAL LIFE, is lived in consciousness; it is lived in the secret place within ourselves. We do not begin to suspect what the God-life can be until we have contacted that fountain of Life within us. We are not really living if we think of life as something that exists between what is called birth and death. This is not life. This life is, as one of the ancient mystics called it, a parenthesis in eternity. It is often pictured as a circle and is usually spoken of as being eternal. But if we live only inside the parenthesis that begins with birth and ends at death, we are missing the greatest part of life, the eternal, infinite, and immortal structure in which we discover God's creation. In this brief interval called the parenthesis, we live largely in man's creation, and we miss God's creation. We miss the life and love of God; we miss sharing in the life and love of one another. If we know each other only as human beings, we are cheating ourselves of a tremendous delight. We are offspring of God, filled with the love, the life, and the Spirit of God, and this we must recognize. All the joys of spiritual being are embodied in us for sharing. That is why we are on earth. When the Master said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly," 1 did he mean that one man out of all the world's history had come to earth that we might have life? No, he meant that I within each of one of us has come that you and I might enjoy a more abundant life with each other. He also said that he had come to bring resurrection and life eternal. Then why have you and I come? Would it not be a sad commentary on God, if one of us were here to bring joy, peace, health, and freedom to the world, and the rest of the world were to do nothing but sit back and receive it? It would be unfortunate if it were given only to a dozen mystics to know and enjoy God and the spiritual nature of mankind. But life is not like that at all. It ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, This Is Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 8, Let The Spirit Bear Witness
- ~ 8 ~ LET THE SPIRIT BEAR WITNESS WHEN YOU MAKE CONTACT with the Spirit of God that is within you, you bring into your experience the divine Power and Presence. The work of The Infinite Way is attaining the conscious awareness of that Presence. When you realize that It is "closer . . . than breathing" * you stop the search for It in heaven or in holy mountains, and you begin to rest. In that resting you open out a way for the Spirit to announce Itself and perform Its function. Was not the ministry of the Master the healing of the sick, the raising of the dead, the feeding of the hungry, the forgiving of the sinner, and the overcoming of the discords and inharmonies of life, regardless of the forms in which these discords may have appeared? Is not the Christ-ministry today primarily one of overcoming what the Master called "this world," whether it appears as sin, temptation, false appetite, lack, or limitation? For most persons, it is a simple thing to acknowledge that there is an indwelling Christ, but it is difficult to prove It, to manifest It, or to bring It forth. But this will follow if, and only if, something within you says, "Yes," when you hear or read of the Christ-presence within. It was the Master's awareness and conviction of that Presence that did the miracle works of which you read. All those engaged in spiritual healing know that healing takes place only when they come to the end of prayer or treatment and have an inner release or feeling: "It is done;" or "God is on the scene." Prayer or treatment that consists only of words or thoughts, no matter how sublime or how true they may be, is ineffectual and brings forth no response from the Divine. Only the prayer or treatment that transcends words and thoughts and attains an actual contact with the Spirit brings fruitage. I am not saying that you should do away with prayers or treatments that consist of words or thoughts. Heaven forbid! These are the tools you use; these are the instruments you use to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Let The Spirit Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1955, Christmas 1955
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Christmas 1955 A CHRISTMAS message should be a message of peace. Our thoughts turn from the peace the world is seeking to the true peace-"My peace" which, when men are ready to receive it, comes with healing of mind and body. The world seeks a peace that can never be found while its sense of peace is but an absence or cessation of war. This peace, even when accomplished, is temporary, because it is based solely upon conferences and relationships between men and nations. True peace is achieved only as we lay down the armor of flesh; as we put up the sword of defense from the fears and hatreds of the world: as we cease warring with the conditions of earth. Lasting peace reigns only when men's relationship to man is based upon his relationship to God. Peace is realized as we find union with our fellowmen through the experience of God. Peace is attained as we behold the Son of God ruling first our lives and then our neighbor's. The world is seeking peace "out there" but peace is to be found in entertaining the Prince of Peace within our own individual beings. Let us, therefore, no longer seek the peace the world is seeking but, rather, "The peace of God which passeth all understanding." "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." The Christ on Earth "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street. A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law. Thus saith God the Lord, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cember 1955, Christmas 1955.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 131K
Find Similar Documents