Consciousness Transformed: May 5, 1963, The Word Becomes Flesh
- THE WORD BECOMES FLESH May 5, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK IT WAS BROUGHT OUT that when we come to a spiritual teaching, we are really seeking for our own benefit. At first we do not think of our spiritual studies as having anything to do with the world; we are concerned only with what benefits we or our families will receive. This of course is natural and right because, until we ourselves have attained, we have nothing to give or to offer. If we do attain enlightenment, we soon find that it was not given to us for ourselves but for some God purpose. Be assured that whatever you receive from God is never given to you or for your benefit, because God is not so limited or so personal that he would give you a "pearl" just to wear on your finger. No, you will soon discover that whatever gift or grace you receive from God is given to you for a more universal purpose. I will take you back to the day that started me on the spiritual path. It was a day of threatened war that brought to my thought, "Where is God?" I was not religious, remember, but everyone has heard of God and so where in this danger, I wondered, is God? This started a trend of thought that years later ended with the realization, revelation perhaps, that there is no God in the world and there never has been-that God is only where God is realized, and nowhere else. In other words, where was God during all the centuries of the Hebrews' slavery under Pharaoh? Certainly of all people they prayed the hardest, but there was no God to take them out of the horrors of life under Pharaoh. Yet, when Moses attained his realization of God, that is where God entered the scene. In other words, it entered through the consciousness of Moses. Remember that Moses was not seeking God for the Hebrews' sake. No, his was the cry that is in the hearts of so many people: "Oh God, oh God, where art thou?" But you notice that, almost as quickly as he received his illumination, he was given a mission to take the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...963, The Word Becomes Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 114K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 12, Preparation for the Advent
- ... When the person was willing to give up that self that wanted to live and agree that he did not care if he died, just as long as somebody else lived, he had gone through one form of preparation and readiness for the God-experience, albeit, an extreme one. In some measure, however, every person must recognize that no more of God is going to enter his consciousness than what he makes room for by emptying out some part of his human selfhood. Forgiveness and Nonresistance as a Preparation for the Christ The whole ministry of Christ Jesus was preparing his followers for the advent, for the experience of God. Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil."3 Right here is a state of preparation. You either make up your mind to give up seeking revenge, wanting to get even with somebody or believing that it is right to get even with somebody, or you give up any thought of preparing yourself for the spiritual experience. There has to be a time and a place in your consciousness-not a time and place in space-but a time and place in your consciousness when you forsake "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"; and are willing to take the next step of forgiving "seventy times seven."4 Giving merely lip service to that idea is not a preparation for the God- experience. The preparation is when, regardless of the offenses that are aimed against you day after day, you are able to forgive seventy times seven. "I forgive them. Father, do not punish them; forgive them their sins. They know not what they do." It sounds easy when you are preaching and teaching. The difficulty comes when you practice it. A teacher must also be a practitioner, otherwise the teacher will never succeed as a teacher. Merely passing this good news on to somebody else is not really being a teacher; a teacher becomes a teacher only when in some degree he is living that idea of forgiveness, of not holding offenses ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Preparation for the Advent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 6, My True Identity
- CHAPTER 6 My True Identity I AM INVISIBLE. You have never seen me. You have only seen your, or the world's, concept of my body. Me you haven't seen, for I am hiding behind my eyes. I have never seen you. I see out there only forms. I can't see you, because you're behind those eyes looking out at me, and I can't see behind your eyes. That's where you are-not inside your skull, but looking through those eyes. Now if you have pondered in meditation this idea: "Who am I? What am I? I do not exist in my feet. I do not exist in my knees, in my stomach, my chest, my head," then where do I exist? I search myself from toenails to the topmost of my hair and I cannot find me. I ponder and ponder, "What is this mystery of my true identity? Why is it I have always thought I was either of this body or in this body? Now I perceive that I am not of this body and I never was in this body. I never could be encompassed in a body." As you ponder that in meditation, sooner or later God will reveal to you the secret of that I-how you exist, and where, and when. Then you will know why I say, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." It is not you that I am looking at but Thou, the I that you are-that which is looking out at me, that which is invisible. That is why I cannot visualize it and that is why I cannot imagine what you look like. I don't know what your form is. I do not know what your character or nature is as I look out. When I retire into the I that I really am, I can commune with you. I cannot see you with my eyes, and that is why I can't describe you. But I know you. I can tabernacle with you, I can commune with you, I can even talk with you. You may be ten thousand miles away, but I can still be communing with you because the I of you and the I of me Is all Omnipresence. Where I am, thou art. Wherever thou art, I am, for I am in you and you are in me, and we are in God, for we are One. You see, for all those difficult passages of Scripture, omnipresence is the word, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 6, My True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 21, Living in the Light
- ... It is exactly as if this room were filled with God but no one was aware of it, they were in darkness or sin or disease or lack-as if there were no God in this room. Then one individual realizes, "God is. I Am. God is closer to me man breathing, nearer than hands and feet. I and the Father are one . . . and all that the Father hath is mine. The Lord is my shepherd here and now." And one can rest, can be still, and be a transparency-then the presence and power of God can penetrate the consciousness of those who are in darkness. At the beginning of our prayer we do use words and thoughts leading up to that final stage of realization. As we do world work, thinking of those in this world who are influenced by evil, those who are outlets for evil, we realize, "Father, forgive them. They know not what they do." Let us not hold them in condemnation either, but open their consciousness to this light that they may be freed of whatever it is that binds them to personal sense. With that, there is the removal of condemnation because we have declared that it is not sin, it is merely ignorance. It is not darkness, but an absence of light. So in our forgiveness, in our understanding of the impersonal nature of all evil, we are a transparency through which this transcendental presence can function in the consciousness of the world. You never know where it touches or whom it touches. You have no way of knowing how the light, which reaches earth through the transparency of those in prayer, influences legislation, how it changes decisions. You have no idea how far-reaching it is. That is why some who have attained the light do retire from this world in order, as they would phrase it, to live the life of prayer for the world-not for individuals, but for breaking down the duality in human consciousness. By remaining in their caves or remaining in their little homes somewhere alone, they permit themselves, by praying without ceasing, to be a transparency through which the light comes. And ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 21, Living in the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 125K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 12, Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience
- Chapter Twelve Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience The first coming of the Christ is the coming of the Christ to individual consciousness, the Christ expressed as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Buddha, Lao-tzu, Jesus, John, Paul, and all who followed. With the evolution of consciousness, we are entering the period on earth which is referred to in scripture as the second coming of the Christ when that divine primal Consciousness will become the consciousness of all mankind, universally, and the new generation will not have to be taught metaphysics, mysticism, or religion, but will be born into it. That is about to take place. Up to now religion has been on an individual scale and has been taught with the hope of bringing individuals to spirituality. Then the next generation comes into being, and the people have to be taught all over again because they were born into the same belief in two powers. By the time they were brought to some measure of understanding, they died, and the next generation was born, and again they had to be taught. That is going to be ended. Even the children of the next generation will be born into spiritual consciousness because now that this consciousness is being revealed on earth, everyone who comes to earth will come into Christ-consciousness. Our Measure of Attained Spiritual Consciousness Becomes the Heritage of Future Generations Those of us on earth today and in times past were born into carnal consciousness because there was no other consciousness here. No matter of what religious persuasion we were, it was still a carnal consciousness, made up of good and evil, health and sickness, made up of the belief of a life-span of threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty. In other words, we were born into a material state of consciousness, even if it was what might be considered a perfect material state. What we are now establishing is spiritual consciousness on earth. Through our reading, study, meditation, and practice, we have entered ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s As a Universal Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 10, Incorporeality God Man Universe
- ~ 10 ~ INCORPOREALITY: GOD, MAN, AND UNIVERSE A person can rise to mystical consciousness only by the straight and narrow path, a path which has been known to every mystic throughout all the ages. It has been taught so many times that by now you might think we would all be established in the mystical consciousness. The truth is that the interest of the world has never yet been in attaining mystical consciousness, but only in attaining the fruits of it, what the Master called "the loaves and fishes." The world has always wanted peace, but not that which will produce peace. The world has always wanted prosperity, but not that which produces prosperity. That it wants to avoid. It wants health, but not that which will produce health. The world has been taught to pray, not for what would give peace, prosperity, and health, but for the peace, prosperity, and health themselves. There is no way to attain these through prayer. Every prayer, therefore, whether it has been a Hebrew prayer, a Christian, Hindu, Vedantic, or any other kind of prayer, has failed because it has been directed toward getting "loaves and fishes," the "things," instead of that which produces the things. Attain the Fabric, and the Form Follows All creation comes forth from a source, and if you have the source you can have the creation. But there is no way to get the creation separate and apart from the source of the creation. It is as if you set your mind on having a desk, and someone said to you, "But you must have a piece of wood before you can make a desk." "Oh, do not bother me with that; do not bother me with that! I want a desk." "I know, but-" "I want a desk." "But there is no such thing as a desk until you have the wood!" So, if you want a desk, you will have to go and get yourself a great big tree and then you can have, not only the desk, but you can have a chair, too, and you can have shelves. In other words, you must have the wood before you can have a desk, but just as many persons try to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rporeality God Man Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 12, The Prince of Peace
- ~ 12 ~ THE PRINCE OF PEACE The full significance of Christmas can never be known except through an understanding of the unchanging nature of God, the God who is eternally and everlastingly the same yesterday, today, and forever. That which is of God always has been, that which has been is now, and that which is now always will be. To understand this reveals that the real Christmas did not begin two thousand years ago: it began in the beginning, before time was. What took place two thousand years ago was merely the revelation of an experience that has been continuous, not only since "before Abraham was," 1 but since before time was. God did not inaugurate anything new two thousand years ago. The true meaning of Christmas is that God planted in individual consciousness the seed that was to evolve as his Son. No one has ever existed, exists now, or ever will exist without this spiritual influence and power having been implanted in his consciousness from the beginning. The function of the Son of God was made clear through the ministry of Jesus Christ when he revealed, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" 2 -not I, Jesus, but I, the Son of God. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. . . . I of mine own self do nothing . . . 3 I am the bread of life . . . 4 I am the resurrection, and the life." 5 That was the Son of God speaking. Jesus was not all this: it was the Son of God speaking through him-the same Son of God which is in the midst of all of us as it has been in the midst of every individual since the beginning of time. Go Within to Find the Peace Established from the Beginning There is a story which tells of an ancient king who himself was peaceful, just, merciful, and kind, but who had a neighbor-king intent on war and conquest. Because of the nature of his being, the just and merciful king sent an ambassador to the neighboring king to seek peace. Meanwhile, to protect his people, he began to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, The Prince of Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 5, Transition in Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ A TRANSITION IN CONSCIOUSNESS Good Evening. We have just had our usual meditation, but in this particular meditation we began by placing ourselves as superior to mind and body, which is our natural birth-right. That is, we took the word I 1 , which I am: I, Joel; I, Mary; I, William. Whatever your name may be, you identify yourself with the word I. That I of course is your being, the being which you are. Your mind is something you possess and your body is something you possess. The mind is not you; the body is not you. I am you, and I was given a mind and a body through which to perform your functions on earth. The mind is that instrument which you use for thinking purposes, reasoning purposes, or any purpose of awareness. Through your mind you become aware, through your mind you know, through your mind you think, through your mind you receive decisions or make judgements. The body is a physical instrument and it takes its orders from you through the mind. I say to this hand, "Up," and the mind communicates that to the hand and the hand obeys the mind, which in turn obeys me. I have dominion over the mind and over the body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion which was given to me by God in the beginning, and suppose I turn to the mind for its judgements or to the body for its conduct. I would soon be in all kinds of trouble, just as those who have not learned to accept their dominion over mind and body are in trouble much of the time. The mind was given to you, the body was given to you. When you sit down to meditate, the mind does not wish to come under control, not because it has a wish or will of its own, but only because you haven't assumed dominion and it is accustomed to doing what it wants. I'm afraid it's much like the horses I've ridden: they don't acknowledge my control a bit, they just take me where they want to go. That's because I don't know how to assume dominion over a horse, and so he has his fun with me. So it is, the mind has its fun ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Transition in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 133K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 11, Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way
- Chapter Eleven Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way In most organizations there are rules which must be obeyed, even if at times better results might be accomplished in some other way. Since there cannot be one rule for one person and a different rule for another person, there has to be one rule which everyone must obey. In the Infinite Way, although there is no organization in the sense of a set of rules, it is possible to have a minimum number of rules and at the same time be flexible so that there are occasions when the rules can be disobeyed. To illustrate this, I have suggested that tape group meetings should be opened and closed with a meditation, with no discussion before or after. That is a rule, and if the leader breaks it, it will mean that he has no interest in a successful tape group activity because it is impossible to discuss truth. Truth is a subject that does not lend itself to discussion because truth is not human; truth is not something that is dependent on your opinion or mine. Truth Is God Revealing Itself In the class work there are times when a message comes through that I knew nothing about until the moment it came through. It may have sounded strange to students who heard it, and they probably would have liked to discuss it with me. There was nothing to discuss, however, because I had nothing to do with the message coming through except to be a transparency for it. There are many principles in the Infinite Way, but not one of them lends itself to discussion. I, myself, would not discuss them with anyone. I state them; the students take them or leave them, but I permit no discussion. This is because from the beginning of my work the principles that have come through have been proved practical and workable with me as well as with students. How then can I permit any argument about them? At one time a publisher wanted to publish one of my books and after having it read by a member of his staff handed me a couple of pages ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nt Through the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 112K
Find Similar Documents