Consciousness Transformed: September 21, 1963, The Adjustment Must be Made Within Your Consciousness-A Lesson in Secrecy
- THE ADJUSTMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS-A LESSON IN SECRECY September 21, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. I would like to speak today about healing work. The minute you become aware of discords and inharmonies in any form, on the street or in the newspapers or in your family life, you begin to reach out for the healing ministry. You may not know how, but you are alerted, and from then on you will become aware of discords in the form of sins, diseases, lacks, inequalities, injustices and these are bound to annoy you. They cannot help but annoy you now, because you know something can be done about the errors and the inharmonies and the discords that you are witnessing. The question then arises, "Do I know enough to be able to help in this situation?" Actually, it is usually in this way that you are ultimately led into the activity of spiritual healing. In other words, you are becoming very much aware of the sins and the diseases and the deaths and the lacks and the inequalities and the injustices, and as students you long to be able to do something about it. I am speaking only to those students who have had the experience of witnessing the errors and discords in the world and then being puzzled about what to do about it. That is the beginning of the spiritual awakening. Until then, no matter how much a person is seeking truth, there is no spiritual awakening because the individual is only seeking a solution to his own problems. From the moment that a student becomes concerned about what he sees on the street or what he reads in the newspapers and wants to know what to do about it, at that moment the real spiritual progress begins. It is wise at that point to try to specifically do something about the errors of which you become aware, but it is important to remember that you are not to do anything outwardly, but you have to do something silently within your own consciousness. It might be compared to the experience of walking through a school ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...usness--A Lesson in Secrecy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 5, Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind
- Chapter Five Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind We are born into a state of spiritual ignorance, and in that state we do not have the benefit of truth operating for us. It is for this reason that some of us come into the world physically or mentally handicapped, and it is possible for anything to happen to us of either a good or an evil nature. Because personal experience is the result of what is taken into the mind, as long as our mind is the human mind with its good and evil, we will live the experience of the human mind, which is a false sense of mind, both good and evil. The mind, however, in and of itself, is neither good nor evil: it is merely an instrument of awareness. A mind imbued with truth will bring forth harmony of mind, body, business, home, or family, but only in proportion to the degree in which that mind is stayed on truth. A mind imbued with ignorance, that is, one that accepts a materialistic view of life, must bring forth a life after its own image and likeness, which is also material, and therefore, both good and evil. Until we are led to some truth- teaching, however, we do not have the capacity to choose whether our mind is to be imbued with truth or whether it will remain under the domination of world beliefs. Up to that time we are in ignorance of the truth that our mind, when it is imbued with truth, will bring forth harmony, but when it is ignorant of truth and accepting the world's materialistic beliefs, it brings forth discord and inharmony. Abiding in Truth Leads to the Illumined Consciousness As we come to a truth-teaching, we learn that there is a truth which is contrary to human belief and also contrary to some orthodox religious teachings. First of all, we discover that there is no God sitting around in heaven worrying about whether we have an accident, become enmeshed in sin, or succumb to a disease. Our prayers to this unknown God are of no avail. Truth-teachings reveal that the reason these prayers have not been effective ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Unillumined Human Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 7, The Nature of God
- ... If we hope to achieve the actual experience of God-realization, the very first thing we have to do on the spiritual path is not to accept some ancient concept of God, but to realize that God that has been revealed as love. We must accept the God of love, the God that does not punish, and even if we deserve punishment, the God who would hasten to forgive us. "Your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of these things, and it is his good pleasure to give them to you." That must include forgiveness. So you see, unless you come to realize that just as God is pouring out the sun, moon, and stars, the tides, the times, and the weather, so God is pouring forth ... Thou makest me to lie down in green pastures. Oh, the mind is so still, so calm, so peaceful in those assurances. The mind is only stirred when it begins to reach up to God to get something, to want something, desire something, or fear something. Stop fearing God. If there are any of you who still fear God, stop it. Stop it. God knows more about love, care, forgiveness, in one second than the best mother that ever lived knew in a whole lifetime. And if mothers can love and forgive and care and be tender, try to imagine what the nature of God is. God is love and nothing enters that consciousness that "defileth or maketh a lie." There is no punishment in it. ... God is love, and in him there is no death, there is no vengeance, there is no hate, there is no punishment. Just think of the crimes men have committed against humanity. Then ask yourself if you really believe God would hold them in eternal damnation or punishment. Not one second longer than it would take them to realize their wrongs and ask forgiveness. Oh, no! No! Understand God as life, a life which can't end for any reason, not even for sin, or for accident, or for disease. Life can't end because God is life, and God is the life of you and the life of me. We fear disease because we fear that it will end in death, and it does because of our fears. We know ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, The Nature of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS THE READING ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT will begin in "States and Stages of Consciousness" in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture, and continue to the end of the book. The reason for this assignment is this: I want to tell you tonight that the mental and the spiritual are not synonymous. In the metaphysical world, it has been believed for many years, that mental and spiritual healing are the same thing, whereas they are actually as far apart as material and spiritual healing. What is mental healing? Mental and material healing are the same thing on two levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and lighter than the material. But they are two strata of the same belief. You have heard the terms "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental." That is exactly the same as saying "a godly devil." They are that far apart, not that one is necessarily right and one is wrong. They are different levels of consciousness and they are as far apart as the North and South Poles. The reason for this mixture of the spiritual and the mental goes back to the beginning of mental practice. Mental practice was originated in Germany by Franz Anton Mesmer, the physician who discovered animal magnetism. He discovered that there is an invisible vital fluid, a mental fluid that passes through the practitioner and the patient and that it acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students came to New England, landed in Portland, Maine, and found a student there named Quimby. Mesmer's student taught this mesmerism, then known as hypnotism or animal magnetism, to Mr. Quimby and for many years they engaged in this activity for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby later became known as Dr. Quimby, and came to have with him a young patient, or student, who worked as assistant. This boy developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental cause for the physical diseases of people coming on the platform. He passed this on to Mr. Quimby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 14, 1963, Removing the Veil
- REMOVING THE VEIL July 14, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Almost everybody comes to the study of The Infinite Way for the "loaves and fishes." Only rarely does anyone come to learn the truth of life; but sooner or later those who remain in this message are forced into making a decision: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve," God or demonstration-seeking God or seeking through God to get more and better human good. As we seek and discover the kingdom of God, things are "added unto us" on the spiritual path, but by then we are no longer interested in the things. We learn that Moses put a veil on truth and Jesus Christ removed it; but remember if Moses placed a veil on truth it must have been unveiled when it came into his possession or awareness, and of course it was. Truth had been revealed in Egypt, and because of this Egypt knew centuries of great prosperity and experienced the discovery of great natural laws. Moses received his earliest training in Egypt and, while he did not receive truth there, eventually he was turned in the right direction so that truth could be revealed to him at the right moment. Because it was revealed, it enabled him to be the means through which the Hebrews were taken out of slavery and brought into the promised land. He veiled the truth from the people, perhaps because of some early experience in trying to reveal it, or because his Egyptian training had convinced him that truth should be veiled. Many Hebrew prophets between Moses and Jesus discovered the truth, but there is no known record of any of them, with the possible exception of Isaiah, making an effort to reveal to the people the secret. Jesus removed the veil and he was crucified for it. Authority, whether in the church or in the government, did not rest well if the people knew the truth. That condition does not exist at the present time; the church today is as eager to know the truth as the people are. It is very much aware that at the moment it has not found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...14, 1963, Removing the Veil.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 5, A Purified Consciousness
- A Chapter Five A Purified Consciousness s we become receptive and responsive to the experience of God, we can embrace the whole universe within ourselves in meditation: This universe of God's creating is within me and within all being. God's love enfolds and upholds it. God's love enfolds all who are therein. God's love permeates this universe. All that exists in this universe God created, and it is spiritual. All that exists is of God, and God is the good unto this universe. Whoever it is, wherever it is, whatever it is, it is neither good nor evil but wholly spiritual, as of God. The good which is God permeates and maintains it. Every individual embraced in my consciousness is the son of God, the child of God, the offspring of God, God's own creation-not good and not evil. All those embraced in the spiritual universe are of God and therefore spiritual. Neither Good nor Evil in Form or Effect We do not label anyone good or evil. We place no labels on anyone, nor will we label any condition as good or evil. The moment some form of physical, mental, moral, or financial discord comes into our thought, we strip away the label of good or evil. We see it as a condition that exists, but a condition that exists not as good and not as evil. With such an attitude, we let it be translated into that which it is and thereby behold a harmony or a wholeness where heretofore there was discord or disease. Let us begin with this moment and remember that there is neither good nor evil in this world. Let us place no labels of good or evil upon anyone or anything. We acknowledge God as the only good, and we acknowledge that all that exists partakes of God's goodness. Regardless of any appearance that may be in our thought at this moment, we acknowledge that evil has no real or permanent existence. Whatever the appearance, we will call it neither good nor evil. It is a state of duality to behold good and evil. Whatever we see as a person, situation, or condition becomes good or evil in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, A Purified Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 12, Prayer & Receptivity
- ~ 12 ~ PRAYER AND RECEPTIVITY NOW, THE KIND OF TREATMENT we have been talking about is legitimate, only do not stop there; do not let anybody on this path stop there because you haven't yet prayed! All you have done is give yourself a treatment. All you have done is to mentally reassure yourself that the appearances aren't real, but you haven't yet felt the Christ. And what we are interested in is Christ-healing. What we are interested in is the actual Father within-the Christ that liveth in me-the actual awareness of the presence and power of God, dispelling the illusion of sense. We are not satisfied with anything less than that! Therefore, if you give yourself a treatment-again I repeat: never give a treatment to a patient or to a condition-give yourself a treatment to refute the appearance or the person. Then sit there in the silence with that ear of expectancy and let the answer come. Many times it will not be necessary for some of you to go that far; most of the time you will not find it necessary to use that argument. You can take a step higher than that. That step is, when a claim of any kind presents itself to you, whether your own or someone else's, you can take the attitude of sitting down and finding the center of your own being. How you do that, of course, is something else again. I can't give you a process. You may take the word God or Christ or truth, and keep it in your thought and always bring your thought back to that, keeping it up until that awareness comes. That is even higher than using the argument, and you can do it if you are keeping yourself in a spiritual condition. Don't think you can do it if you are coming down continuously to this mortal level of living and indulging all this sense business with horrible movies and disgraceful novels and all that kind of stuff that the rabble fills time and mind with. Don't think you can give part of your time to that and at the same time be in a state of spiritual consciousness where you won't need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, Prayer & Receptivity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 121K
Find Similar Documents