Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 1, Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude
- Chapter One Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude Everybody is seeking a way out of human limitation, human failure, and human conditions, all the difficulties of human life. We, that is, those who have any degree of social awareness or social sensitivity are not only seeking a way out of lack and limitation for ourselves; we are seeking a way out of lack and limitation for all the nations that do not have abundance. We are not only seeking a way out of ill health for ourselves, we are seeking to find health and harmony for all the peoples of the world. We are not only seeking to find peace in our individual lives, we are also seeking to find peace for all peoples on the face of the earth. When I say, "we," I am speaking of all of us, in this work or out, in orthodox religions or unorthodox religions, and of those who have no religion. Every thinking person is seeking a way out of human difficulties and out of human limitation, not only for themselves, but for all the world. This concern has been going on for many, many centuries, and the wonder is that in all these centuries a way has not been found to take us out of these difficulties, these problems, and these human miseries. When we look around to investigate what means are being used to overcome world difficulties, we find that these means are usually on a material level. We have been trying to meet the needs of the world by means of all the material resources of the universe, by means of invention, science, and discovery. It is a turning to whatever exists in the material realm. Attempts to Solve Problems by Supernatural Means There are a few who turn to some particular concept of God and fare no better than those who resort only to material means. We may wonder at that until through research we discover that when the world was sparsely populated with only a few native tribes here and there on different continents and islands, and living without any religion, as the problems of human living became acute and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elf to a Spiritual Altitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter IX, The Silver Is Mine
- CHAPTER IX THE SILVER IS MINE The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts. The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the Lord of hosts. HAGGAI 2:8, 9 Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. PSALMS 127:1 "Except the Lord build the house," unless God is understood to be the source of our supply, there is no permanent supply. This "house" is our individual consciousness: When this consciousness is unenlightened human consciousness, it is barren; it lacks the spiritual substance from which supply flows. "Ye have sown much, and bring in little; ye eat, but ye have not enough; ye drink, but ye are not filled with drink; ye clothe you, but there is none warm; and he that earneth wages earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes." All this is true of you-"ye," the unenlightened consciousness. As human beings, we all have sown much and reaped little; we have worked hard and many times accomplished nothing; we have earned wages and often have had nothing left, because all this came from an unenriched, barren consciousness. Out of the barrenness of human consciousness, regardless of what we build, our efforts are not permanent or lasting. We eat, and hunger again; we drink, and thirst again; we engage in all the activities of human life, but nothing endures. "It is vain . . . to rise up early, to sit up late" trying to demonstrate supply. Then we are told: "Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways." With this admonition, comes the instruction to go up to the mountain: to go up into a high state of consciousness; to go into the high places, and from there "bring wood, and build the house." Every time we meditate or fill ourselves with "the meat ye know not of" or the water of life or the wine of life, or the bread of life, meaning spiritual substance and food, we are building the house of spiritual consciousness, a consciousness of truth. When that house has been built, the Lord says, "I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter IX, The Silver Is Mine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:28- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 13, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 13 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is a delicate subject, easily misunderstood by those not having had much experience in healing without mental argument. Therefore, it is necessary that it be rightly presented. It is possible for everyone to learn that spiritual consciousness does the work. And spiritual consciousness is cultivated through study, communion, and practice. It is the result of living every moment in the conscious awareness of good as all, and through the recognition that there is no error. Spiritual healing shows that the impartation is always from mind to its idea, and this constitutes the Word of God, which is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"; also, that the thoughts of man, the human thoughts, mental arguments, do not constitute that Word. Two things are important here: receptivity and reflection. As we become receptive to divine mind, through the stilling of the senses, divine impartations do come to us. Sometimes they are in thought original to ourselves, or, as the case may be, quotations from the Bible or other writings. Then, again there may be just a "feeling" or a sense of uplifted consciousness; a sense or awareness of rightness. When these divine ideas come to us, we reflect on them; we see them in their relation to the immediate problem. Mental argument is of itself not a healer, but it may serve to uplift thought to a point receptive to the right idea. Also, when argument is used (affirmations and denials), one should not consider the work complete, but "be still" and await the answer which never fails to come. Thus, the treatment is not the declaration, but the period after the declaration, when one is listening to "the still, small voice." The awareness, or consciousness of good that follows is the healer, the Christ, spiritual consciousness. It is important at some time in one's experience that we learn the part gratitude plays in having the correct sense of substance; to ascertain within ourselves ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1957, Your Names are Written in Heaven
- ... Now I can say to you that the prophecy, if such it was, has come true: This is the year of fulfilment for the message of The Infinite Way. Jesus gave the world this Messianic message: There is a transcendental Presence and Power within the consciousness of every individual on earth, and this spiritual Presence and Power he called "the Father within"-your Father and my Father. He taught and proved that this spiritual Presence and Power heals the sick, unstops the ears of the deaf, opens the eyes of the blind, feeds the hungry, raises the dead, and gives spiritual illumination, so that the enlightened live not only by bread, but by an inner meat, an inner wine, an inner water, an inner bread of life which Jesus revealed as the grace of God. In other words, the grace of God, the activity of God's presence and power in us, is our daily bread, our supply, our activity, our wisdom, and our immortality. Throughout his three-year ministry, he proved every single point of this teaching by healing the sick, bringing forgiveness to the sinner, demonstrating supply, and revealing immortality. The disciples and apostles, and later their students, were able to prove the omnipresence of the Spirit of God in man and Its redemptive power; they broke the mesmeric Adam-dream and revealed that "henceforth know we no man after the flesh." In other words, no longer shall we believe in a good human being or a bad human being, but in the understanding of this spiritual Presence, we shall know all men as the Sons of God or offspring of God, the spiritual heirs of God- the Christ. This teaching was lost when men began to observe ceremonies and rites, arguing and disagreeing about the form of worship and eventually dividing into numerous sects, each with its own form of worship, ceremony, and creed. Attention was focused on the form rather than on the Spirit, and the essence was lost. In this past century, it was again revealed to the world that there is a Power always present and available ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Names are Written in Heaven.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 11, Attain That Mind
- ~ 11 ~ ATTAIN THAT MIND Life is much like a play, unfolding from the first to the last acts, in which the leading characters go through all manner of trials, temptations and troubles before reaching the happy ending. In this world we shall have these experiences of seeming good or bad, up or down, well or sick, rich or poor, but in the attainment of the "Mind that was in Christ Jesus," we shall have life everlasting. The story of every major prophet is one of illumination after struggles. Joseph accepted his delivery into slavery as an act of God. Elijah finally realized that through every step of his banishment God was present, seeing him through. Moses accepted the deliverance of the Hebrews as an act of God, and had proof of the Presence every step of the long, hard journey. So must we, regardless of our world experiences, and even though we go through the trials of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Paul and John, understand and realize that the Divine Presence overshadows and accompanies us every step of our way. Having touched this spiritual Hem, having made the contact, we are never alone, never forsaken, never permitted to fail. There is always the last act: the attainment of the Mind of Christ. If we recognize this truth we are living by Grace, and we let the reasoning, thinking, planning mind relax as we recognize our good as the gift of God, as Divine Ever-Presence. Should we experience any human sense of discord, keep watching for the angel of the Lord, the Christ, the Father within, and listen for the still, small V oice. It will never leave us nor forsake us. It is our permanent dispensation. Human existence before the awakening is life cut off from its Source-an accidental hit or miss affair with anything as possibilities, and most things as probabilities. Yet, even then, there is a Presence lurking in the background, only awaiting the right moment to emerge as the very Christ of our being, as our individual salvation. As students of Truth we come to the study for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Attain That Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 10, Incorporeality God Man Universe
- ~ 10 ~ INCORPOREALITY: GOD, MAN, AND UNIVERSE A person can rise to mystical consciousness only by the straight and narrow path, a path which has been known to every mystic throughout all the ages. It has been taught so many times that by now you might think we would all be established in the mystical consciousness. The truth is that the interest of the world has never yet been in attaining mystical consciousness, but only in attaining the fruits of it, what the Master called "the loaves and fishes." The world has always wanted peace, but not that which will produce peace. The world has always wanted prosperity, but not that which produces prosperity. That it wants to avoid. It wants health, but not that which will produce health. The world has been taught to pray, not for what would give peace, prosperity, and health, but for the peace, prosperity, and health themselves. There is no way to attain these through prayer. Every prayer, therefore, whether it has been a Hebrew prayer, a Christian, Hindu, Vedantic, or any other kind of prayer, has failed because it has been directed toward getting "loaves and fishes," the "things," instead of that which produces the things. Attain the Fabric, and the Form Follows All creation comes forth from a source, and if you have the source you can have the creation. But there is no way to get the creation separate and apart from the source of the creation. It is as if you set your mind on having a desk, and someone said to you, "But you must have a piece of wood before you can make a desk." "Oh, do not bother me with that; do not bother me with that! I want a desk." "I know, but-" "I want a desk." "But there is no such thing as a desk until you have the wood!" So, if you want a desk, you will have to go and get yourself a great big tree and then you can have, not only the desk, but you can have a chair, too, and you can have shelves. In other words, you must have the wood before you can have a desk, but just as many persons try to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rporeality God Man Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 1, The Dedicated Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ THE DEDICATED CONSCIOUSNESS There are two kinds of people on earth: the illumined and the unillumined, or to put it another way, the living and the walking dead. The living are drawing forth life from the Source and at least in a measure have dedicated themselves to some purpose. The walking dead are living an animal form of life, not drawing forth life or inspiration from anything but what can be found in the air or food. No one really lives, however, until he has found something greater than himself, something to which he permits his life to be dedicated. If this is true, why are there not more persons of dedicated consciousness? Because dedication comes as the grace of God. No one can seek it. He may desire it, but that is as far as he can go. No one can strive or struggle for it because it is not won that way. It comes as Grace, and that Grace comes when something of a spiritual nature is introduced into the consciousness of an individual. He must learn how to open his consciousness to the inflow of the Spirit and make it a matter of praying without ceasing, not just a period in the morning before starting out to work, but one of continuous dedication to a spiritual purpose. At some time in our experience, it is necessary to make a choice as to whether or not the spiritual goal is worth striving for. If we decide it is worthwhile, we will make some effort toward that consecration. But our effort will lead us to the point where we recognize the futility of our own efforts and realize that unless we have been dedicated by God, all our self-dedication will come to a very quick end. We have to make the decision to practice principles of spiritual living and to remember them consciously. Then, as time goes on, this practice provides the preparation for the entrance of God into our consciousness. OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO GOD'S DEDICATION In our spiritual ignorance, we did not know that from the beginning the spiritual Presence has been standing at the door of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Dedicated Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 10, 1964, Omnipresence
- OMNIPRESENCE May 10, 1964 RELAX AND LET the mental strain fall away, because we wish to be transparencies through which the Spirit can flow. Remember you are not here to get anything. When we have large lecture audiences, it is to be expected that many people come to receive something or to gain something or to learn something. This is legitimate, just as it is legitimate when we first come to a metaphysical teaching to seek something in the outer realm: better health or increased supply or improved relationships. However, in a small group of this nature, you have learned at least in some measure that anything you are going to get is only in proportion to the flow of the spirit. Therefore, your mind should not be on achieving something or on learning something, but rather resting in the assurance that there is a spirit in man. Let this spirit flow, and the spirit that flows through you will feed you; but it will do something far more than that, because it will feed each one of us. What feeds me will continue to feed you; what feeds you will continue to feed me. What feeds us will feed those in this room and, because the flow of spirit cannot be limited or stopped, it will continue to flow out of this room into the world. Just as the life of the tree not only feeds the tree but produces fruit on the tree, so it is in our spiritual life. We no longer think in terms of feeding "me and my family," but we let it produce enough fruit to feed the world. Relax and take this as a law to remember: The only tension there is in meditation is when you are trying to get something. The moment you release the desire to get, you will relax. A little now about our trip. In Portland, Seattle, and Chicago, Mrs. Daisy Shigemura of Hawaii, Mrs. Eileen Bowden of Canada, Miss Lorene McClintock of New York, Mrs. Virginia Stephenson of California, and Miss Lorraine Sinkler of Chicago will be conducting Infinite Way teacher classes on meditation, spiritual healing, and ways and means of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... May 10, 1964, Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 115K
Find Similar Documents