Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter One, The New Life by Grace
- CHAPTER ONE THE NEW LIFE BY GRACE This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 Ye shall rejoice in all that ye put your hand unto, ye and your households. Deuteronomy 12:7 God is pouring Itself* forth and expressing Itself as harmonious being and as a harmonious universe. The world, however, is not enjoying the harmony of that universe or the harmony of God's being, but that is not because God is withholding that harmony from anyone. There is no God that can be induced to do anything especially for you or for me, no God that will move out of Its orbit to do something for any one person that It is not at this very moment doing for everybody, whether or not all the everybodies avail themselves of what God is giving them so freely. As you read this, review in your mind these questions: Do you believe that God is withholding anything from you? Do you believe that there is a God who can give you something, but at this particular moment is not giving it to you? Do you believe that? Is there anything that the hand of God is withholding from you? Is there any way that you can reach God to get God to loose something that you would like to have, and give it to you? Most of the religious teachings of the world are based upon the belief that there is a way to influence God and thereby persuade God to act on our behalf. And now I ask you, do you believe that? Do you believe that you can find a way in which you can coerce God, influence or bribe Him with money, prayers, sacrifices, tithes, or with promises to be good? Do you believe that any of this influences God on your behalf? Do you believe that there is a way to open God's hand and make it let loose of the blessings which you think He is withholding from you? Release yourself from the belief that there is a God withholding anything from anybody, anywhere, for any reason. God is not giving something to one race and withholding it from another or to one church and withholding it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... One, The New Life by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace
- Chapter Two Freedom By Grace Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 In our human experience, we live primarily by our own efforts, by virtue of air, food, water, and investments. We live by all the things of the outer world. Almost from the beginning of time, it has been known that while this materialistic way of life may result in the attaining of the things we seek, it seldom brings real satisfaction after they have been attained. Although living in the world with a total reliance on the things of the outer world does sometimes result in the attainment of what we may have been seeking, it usually leaves us frustrated because we have neither become complete in ourselves, nor have we attained an inner satisfaction or a sense of rightness. Material Progress Does Not Necessarily Conflict With Spiritual Values For this very reason, throughout all time there have been those few persons devoted to something higher than material accomplishments. Referring to the material good of this world, however, as "just material accomplishments" is not meant to place it in the category of the unnecessary or the evil. Let us not make the mistake of believing that there is no value in these great accomplishments on the material level, because that is nonsensical. The world is better off than in any previous generation, because of the invention, science, discovery, exploration, mining, and research that have been going on for years. We need not decry these material advances. The tragedy is that our moral and spiritual development has not kept pace with our material achievements. I realize that too often we hear discussions and read articles or books giving the impression that materialism is some kind of an evil, that the development, as well as the conservation, of our natural resources, and the discoveries of the many conveniences which we enjoy today in some way are wrong. To take such an attitude is to revert in a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Freedom by Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1958, Security Through God-Realization
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE Security Through God-Realization STUDENTS of The Infinite Way often ask if there is any specific daily prayer, treatment, or protective work in which they should engage. If they will remember that nothing takes place except as the activity of consciousness, they will understand the importance of a daily, specific practice which may be termed "knowing the truth." Unless students consciously know the truth, that is, the correct letter of truth, they will never attain the spirit or consciousness of truth. The Infinite Way is an absolute principle, but The Infinite Way does not close its eyes to the discords and errors of this world. It looks fearlessly at error and realizes that it comes from its father, the devil-hypnotism, illusion, nothingness. One of the most important subjects in our entire work is understanding the nature of error-not looking to find some physical, emotional, or mental cause for disease, but knowing the nature of error, that is, the understanding of what lies behind error. Never for a moment believe that you can arrive at a state where you can ignore error. You must learn to face the situation which confronts you and, in facing it, realize the nature, not only of the specific error with which you are dealing, but the nature of all error, which is nothing more nor less than that ancient knowledge of the tree of good and evil. To the person of spiritual perception, good and evil do not exist as powers in the world-not in men or in conditions. Begin to sit down quietly each day until you can bring yourself to a realization that there is now no condemnation to anything in this world. Through this process of meditation, cogitation, and contemplation, eventually you will come to see that God is all, and this will be not merely a statement but a realization: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 1 Whether you are faced with sin, disease, poverty, lack, or limitation, whether you are faced with an overwhelming ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Through God-Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 2, Letting the Seed Take Root
- Chapter Two Letting the Seed Take Root Truth is not difficult to understand. As a matter of fact, it is very simple. That is why the Master said that children can receive it. "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." 1 Be as a little child, and you will be able to receive truth, but as an adult, or a mature person, you will find truth very difficult to receive. Truth Is a Seed You may hear or read a statement or a principle of truth and even recognize that this is the truth, and yet nothing happens to you. Reading statements of truth does not change anything, and you may think, "Why did I have to read that?" "Why did it seem true to me?" or "Why did it not do something for me?" That is because truth is a seed. Every truth heard or read that makes you feel it is truth, is a seed that is being taken into your consciousness. You can no more expect it to do something for you tomorrow than if you planted an apple seed today and expected to find apples growing in your yard tomorrow. If you plant the seed of a tree, it may be months before you will see even the tiniest bit of green showing above the ground, and you could well wonder what was taking place all that time, but you know what was taking place. The seed broke open; the seed took root; the seed began to absorb food from the ground; and then suddenly that food was transformed into a shoot and appeared above the ground. If you are patient, it will become a bush, then a tree, and if you are still more patient, it will become blossoms, and then probably apples or peaches or pears. So when truth touches your consciousness, do not think that you are now in heaven or that now that you have received this truth all the rest of your days are going to be spent in heaven on earth. No, you have merely had a seed of truth planted in your consciousness, and if you abide in that truth, if you let that seed abide in you, if you ponder it, it will come ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letting the Seed Take Root.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter One, The Mystery of the Invisible
- CHAPTER ONE THE MYSTERY OF THE INVISIBLE All through the ages men have sought to understand the mystery of life. They have searched for that something called the secret of life, particularly the secret of success and happiness; and like those who sought for the Holy Grail, they have looked for it every place in the world except where it is to be found. The truly successful people of life are not readily identified because, while it is easy to find the person who has acquired the most millions or the one who has gained the greatest fame in some area, it is not always easy to find those who have attained real success. Success should bring happiness, and especially inner peace and security. True success means something far different from the mere acquisition of things or the attainment of personal power or glory. Spiritual living may carry with it just as much of fame and fortune as material living. These are acquired, first of all, not as the goal, but as the added things; secondly, not from without, but from within through an understanding of their Source. In material living, whatever can be gained from without is of necessity limited, but there is absolutely no limit to the attainment of a person who has discovered the secret of the inner life. Therein lies the difference between material and spiritual living. The secret of the inner life is revealed through meditation, which, in its earliest stages, is an act of conscious awareness whereby we make contact with an area of consciousness within ourselves, which is actually the storehouse of our live. There was a time when man was a pure, spiritual being, when he lived entirely from within himself, when his thoughts always remained at the center of his being, and life flowed out from within. Ideas came from within, means of action came from within, and whenever there was an apparent need, all that he had to do was to close his eyes, go within, and let it come forth into expression. We have no actual knowledge of this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Mystery of the Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:55- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 9, Freedom in God
- CHAPTER 9 FREEDOM IN GOD Some nations seek political freedom-freedom from dictators and concentration camps. Other nations seek freedom from religious bondage-from teachings that hold them in bondage and make them slaves of men rather than servants of God. Any nation that has gained political, economic, or religious freedom has had to fight hard to attain that freedom and must work even harder to retain it, because there are those who would take that freedom away. There is not one moment of the day when someone, somewhere, is not plotting to control the minds and bodies of individuals, to control nations and the world itself. Not all the enemies are in foreign countries; some can be found within a country itself. The freedom we seek is a spiritual freedom-a freedom in Christ, in God. It is not a freedom from anyone or some circumstance or some condition of lack, limitation, sin, or disease-although we may have started out seeking only that kind of freedom. Spiritual Freedom Spiritual freedom is a freedom attained in God. There is no such thing as freedom from anything or anyone. The longer we attempt to gain freedom from sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation, the more we are kept in bondage to such conditions. What we must seek is freedom in God, in Christ-a spiritual freedom. Originally, we were given spiritual freedom as a divine inheritance, but there was an experience in consciousness called "the fall of man" or the "prodigal experience" in which we set up a selfhood apart from God. We thereby lost our divine inheritance, and spiritual freedom is no longer something that is given to us. Now we must struggle to regain our spiritual freedom. We cannot regain it until we return to the state of consciousness we call oneness, unity, or union with God. Like the prodigal son, we must return to the Father's house. Our spiritual freedom is not gained through the efforts of others. The efforts of others can only instruct us and give us a little wisdom. Throughout the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 9, Freedom in God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Twelve, The Principle of Nonpower
- CHAPTER TWELVE THE PRINCIPLE OF NONPOWER Christmas holidays hold many important lessons for us, and it would be well to approach this season with an understanding of the nature of all our holidays, or holy days, as symbolizing important aspects of the spiritual life. In ancient times when truth was taught only to those who had some measure of education-and usually this meant only to those in the upper stratum of society -in order to keep these teachings from the uneducated masses who might, in their ignorance, misunderstand and misapply them, all teaching was done by symbols. That the Master recognized this fact and the desirability of giving the most sacred teachings only to the few is evidenced by his cautioning his followers against casting pearls before swine lest they be trampled upon. Because truth could be misunderstood, every attempt was made to keep it from those who might misuse it. You may wonder whether it is possible to misapply truth or to use it destructively, and that of course would depend upon what truth you are thinking about and the truth about what. For example, today the area of learning related to the realm of the mind is almost completely untapped. No one up to the present time has undertaken a study of the mind from a correct standpoint even though thousands of years ago the secret of the mind was known in its fullness. With the complete knowledge of mind and its operation in those early days came the abuse and misuse of such knowledge. Separate and apart from the ancient schools of wisdom, other schools which were called black brotherhoods, sprang up. In these brotherhoods, the membership consisted of some of the students who had received their original training in the wisdom schools and who perverted their knowledge to evil purposes and sometimes used it merely for personal or selfish ends; but whatever the purpose, the knowledge was used erroneously. Out of that, in all the primitive races, there sprang up practices in which the mind was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Principle of Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:01- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 12, Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs
- 12) Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs For the most part, those who have been interested in a metaphysical or spiritual approach to life have thought almost entirely in terms of what it would do for them. They have been primarily interested in whether it would heal them or their families, prosper them, or perhaps be the means of their finding some happiness, a home, or better health. I know that you realize that those days are past. It really is not going to make any great difference whether we are sick or well, rich or poor, happy or unhappy if the world does not stay in one piece. This, therefore, is the time when it should be comparatively easy to follow the Master and take no thought for our life because suddenly our life as an individual entity is of secondary importance. The thing that is of greatest importance now is the life of this world. We can very well accept the fact that if the world and its people survive we too will survive, but if they do not, what difference would it make if we were able to demonstrate our health and supply and the rest of the world were not around to help us enjoy it? Today everyone who is embarked on a spiritual way of life should have a concern far greater than the demonstration of his own daily harmony, and that concern should be for the survival of the entire world. The question now is: Is there a principle of life, a spiritual principle, that will govern the world? Is there a principle which can now be relied upon to prevent the destruction of civilization and the extermination of mankind? There can be no question but that an individual can rise so high above the immediate circumstances on earth as to make himself immune to the disasters of this world, but if that is all that is concerning him, he may find the world a lonesome place to be. This is the age in which everyone who is seriously on this Path should forget his own problems and be willing to lose his life, if need be, in the search for, and the demonstration ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rinciples and World Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 160K
Find Similar Documents