Living by the Word: Chapter 5, Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind
- Chapter Five Transforming the Unillumined Human Mind We are born into a state of spiritual ignorance, and in that state we do not have the benefit of truth operating for us. It is for this reason that some of us come into the world physically or mentally handicapped, and it is possible for anything to happen to us of either a good or an evil nature. Because personal experience is the result of what is taken into the mind, as long as our mind is the human mind with its good and evil, we will live the experience of the human mind, which is a false sense of mind, both good and evil. The mind, however, in and of itself, is neither good nor evil: it is merely an instrument of awareness. A mind imbued with truth will bring forth harmony of mind, body, business, home, or family, but only in proportion to the degree in which that mind is stayed on truth. A mind imbued with ignorance, that is, one that accepts a materialistic view of life, must bring forth a life after its own image and likeness, which is also material, and therefore, both good and evil. Until we are led to some truth- teaching, however, we do not have the capacity to choose whether our mind is to be imbued with truth or whether it will remain under the domination of world beliefs. Up to that time we are in ignorance of the truth that our mind, when it is imbued with truth, will bring forth harmony, but when it is ignorant of truth and accepting the world's materialistic beliefs, it brings forth discord and inharmony. Abiding in Truth Leads to the Illumined Consciousness As we come to a truth-teaching, we learn that there is a truth which is contrary to human belief and also contrary to some orthodox religious teachings. First of all, we discover that there is no God sitting around in heaven worrying about whether we have an accident, become enmeshed in sin, or succumb to a disease. Our prayers to this unknown God are of no avail. Truth-teachings reveal that the reason these prayers have not been effective ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Unillumined Human Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 7, Except the Lord Build the House
- Chapter Seven Except the Lord Build the House A real student of the Infinite Way feels that there is nothing more important in life than the development of spiritual consciousness, getting to know God and living the life of prayer, meditation, and communion with God. Such a student soon learns that there is rich fruitage as a result of living in this way. There is better health and more abundant supply; there is greater success in human activities; there are greater capacities revealed-mental, moral, and physical-in students who really work and live with this message. Even though students realize that and see the outer fruitage, many of them are never satisfied until they have gone a long, long way on the spiritual path developing their own inner capacities. If a person feels that way, what is more natural than to want to share the message with a neighbor, a friend, or a relative? What is more natural than to help someone else find his spiritual source? What is more natural than to want to send one's children out into the world imbued with the spirit of God? There surely cannot be an adult student of the Infinite Way who does not feel that the greatest gift he could give his child would be a knowledge of God, an acquaintanceship with God, and an ability to commune with God. The Fruitage of Conscious Union with God When a man lives consciously one with his source, he bears rich fruitage in health, harmony, inner peace, joy, prosperity, and all kinds of human relationships, not by virtue of himself, but because the grace of God hangs rich fruitage on him in the form of supply, health, home, and happy relationships. He is merely the place through which God is expressing His infinite abundance of all things. We have had years of witnessing what happens to those who live consciously one with God. Looking out at this human scene, we know that human beings living separate and apart from their conscious union with God are sick or well, have accidents or do not have them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pt the Lord Build the House.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 5, Resting in Oneness
- 5) Resting in Oneness It is a grave responsibility when someone comes to you for spiritual help. He is coming to be fed, spiritually fed; he expects help, and you cannot give him a stone. If, at the moment, however, you are not living out from that high consciousness which enables you to give that help, you may reach that state through the process of a contemplative meditation. This contemplative meditation should consist of every statement that you can bring to conscious remembrance that has to do with the truth that Spirit is the only power-not matter and not mind. Spirit, divine Consciousness, is the only power; invisible Cause is the only power. Dwell upon every truth that will establish in you the conviction that all power is spiritual, all power is invisible, and that there is no power in effect. The truth is that no effect is power, whether that effect appears as a person or a thing. Many persons wonder how long this meditation should be. The answer is quite simple. It should continue until you have lost all fear of the condition that has been brought to you for healing. You must continue working with these truths until you feel an inner release, a "click," an inner feeling that tells you that this appearance is only the "arm of flesh," 1 only temporal power, nothingness; and since it is not of God, it has no power. Since it is not of God, it has no life; since it is not of God, it has no continuity, no substance, no being, no externalized form. When you are able to rest in that realization in complete silence, your meditation is at an end. That does not necessarily mean that your patient is going to be instantaneously healed. True, it is possible for him to be instantaneously healed, but on the other hand his lack of receptivity may not enable him to accept a healing through one realization, two, or even a hundred. FERTILE SOIL Many factors enter into the healing that have to do, not so much with you as a practitioner, but with your patients. Sometimes they ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 5, Resting in Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 163K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 7, God
- ~ 7 ~ GOD When we say, "I am God," or "I am a law unto my universe," we are not saying that a human being is God, or that a mortal is spiritual. Never forget that it would be nonsense to try to spiritualize mortal man, or to make God out of a human being. That has been one of the mistakes of religion throughout the ages- setting apart some individual and making him God, taking some person, some human being, and making of him a God. The truth is that only God is God; but God is the individuality and the identity, and the reality of each one of us when we have overcome our sense of humanhood. Often when you see people who work from the standpoint of "I am," you will find them confused, walking around saying, "I am God." They are the very people who are apt to be walking around with an empty purse, a diseased body, or a pair of eyeglasses, and yet they continue to say, "I am God." You can see how ridiculous that is, because that is not God at all. I am God. That I is a universal, infinite, omnipresent Being, and It is the reality of your being and of mine when the human sense of self has been overcome. You do not lift the human sense up and make it immortal or spiritual. That is the reason treatments that say, "You are spiritual," or "You are perfect," or "You are rich," are of so little value. Such statements are not true at all. If they were true, you would not find it necessary to repeat them. Can you imagine Rockefeller or a Carnegie or any man of recognized wealth, walking around saying, "I am rich?" And you almost never hear a healthy person say, "I am healthy." When you make these affirmations, it is because you believe you are the opposite; you are trying to fool yourself into believing that you are something that you really are not. When you simply repeat the words, "I am God," that is not true; but when you hear those words within you, that is Truth. That is God announcing Itself as the reality of your being. When you hear a voice saying, "Know ye not that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ster Speaks_ Chapter 7, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 12, Christ As the Consciousness of Mankind
- ~ 12 ~ CHRIST AS THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF MANKIND What is it that sets spiritual teachers and persons who do healing work apart from the rest of mankind? Is it not that in some way, at some time, and for some reason they were drawn to the study of truth? Then as they began to fill their minds with truth through books, lectures, and classes, eventually something happened within them. They made a transition from "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 1 to that man who has his being in Christ. At a particular moment in their experience, these persons attained some measure of the transcendental Christ-consciousness, that which is beyond the human. From then on, error, evil, sin, disease, false appetite, or lack lost its reality to them. As persons came to them with physical, moral, or financial problems, or problems of human relationships, the error or evil disappeared just as darkness leaves a room when the light is turned on. The darkness in the room does not go anywhere because what we call darkness is but an absence of light. In the presence of light, there is no darkness. As mere human beings, we cannot function as practitioners or spiritual teachers. We may have the will, the desire, and the hope; but will, desire, and hope do not heal, reform, or enrich. To lift a person above his humanhood, one must have the experience of spiritual illumination or of the transcendental Presence. When that comes to a person, he is set apart, and in the measure of his fidelity will he be successful as a spiritual healer or teacher. Many students have the desire to heal, to teach, and to give to others, but they cannot. To these I say, "Be patient: you will. Wait, however, until the Spirit of the Lord God is upon you and you are ordained to do these things." Students must be content to remain students and not try to be practitioners and teachers until the experience that results in their being set apart takes place within their consciousness. At one time, when the Spirit of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Consciousness of Mankind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:25- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 5, Universal Hypnotism
- CHAPTER 5 Universal Hypnotism WE ARE not healers of the body. Our work does not change the body at all. Our work changes the consciousness of an individual. One of the great stumbling blocks is that most people have a definite idea of what it is they're seeking when they ask for help, and of course that may not fit at all in the spiritual picture. I have told of my struggle having five practitioners help me to increase my business. With each practitioner, my business got worse until I didn't have any. Now that surely looked like a lack of demonstration. However, you see, it was my perfect demonstration, because only when I had no money left did I go into this work. I suppose if my business had prospered, this work would have been delayed, or even prevented, in this lifetime. So it is that many people come to us for help, but they have a definite idea of what it is that they want. They have a definite idea of how harmony should appear in their experience, and sometimes even when. However, you see that really is not a part of our ministry. We do not aim at having instantaneous healings. They're wonderful when they take place, if they fulfill their spiritual mission; but that is not our object. Our object is the changing of consciousness-the changing of an individual's consciousness from a material sense of life to the spiritual awareness of life; from a material sense of religion to a spiritual sense of religion; from a material sense of supply to a spiritual sense of supply. You see, we are the ones, when the right help is given, who should be responding in accordance with God's will. However, we fight this by having in our mind how the demonstration should come out, and when, and to what extent, and so on. It is like parents who sometimes write to me for help. Their son is responding to the military draft. Will I help him pass and get into the draft? Another parent is desirous of having their son flunk the draft. Now you see, you can't pray to God both ways. A ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Universal Hypnotism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 103K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 8, Rising Above This World
- ~ 8 ~ RISING ABOVE "THIS WORLD" As human beings, we are made up of theories and beliefs-false education, false religious knowledge, and superstition. For example, there are few persons in all this land who do not believe that God punishes and God rewards, and furthermore that God will destroy all their enemies and discords if, through some kind of hocus-pocus or abracadabra, they can get on the right side of God. It is difficult to empty out the old bottles and free ourselves from the concepts to which we have clung throughout the years. It is not easy to develop a flexibility which permits the old forms to be broken up, making way for the new wine of the spirit. Every time we are faced with some absolute spiritual truth, we unconsciously reject it and then experience repercussions because of the inner conflict that is set up. We are continually looking back and comparing this new truth with what we have heretofore believed and which is so firmly rooted in us that it really goes beyond belief to absolute conviction. In fact, we would sacrifice almost anything in the world before we would give up our cherished beliefs. "The Wisdoms of The Infinite Way" 1 contain some of this new wine that will help sweep aside old concepts. Every one of these "Wisdoms" came through revelation, most of them by my being awakened in the middle of the night and having to get up and write down the particular "Wisdom" that revealed itself. All told, they comprise only a few pages, and yet the contents of those few pages were two years in being unfolded to me. The study of these "Wisdoms" can carry the student into a whole new realm of consciousness as it has already done with some of the few students who were given these "Wisdoms" for study and meditation long before they were released to the public in an additional chapter in The Infinite Way. All Illusion Is a Mental Image in Thought From birth, we are faced with appearances, which are the source of all the troubles that befall us. To ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 8, Rising Above This World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 3, Becoming Aware of God's Ceaseless Activity
- Chapter Three Becoming Aware of God's Ceaseless Activity This latter half of the twentieth century is perhaps the first time in recorded history that so many persons in the Western world have been seriously interested in a mystical message. When I say "so many," do not understand me to say that I mean great numbers, but I do mean that for a message of this nature the number is large. There are probably sixty thousand homes in the world in which the Infinite Way is read, but in those homes probably only ten thousand students earnestly study it. How many there are who actually practice it is something I have no way of knowing. Those who are serious in their study will bring forth a fulfilled experience in their lives, and their number is sufficient to make a real contribution to the world. What determines the nature and the extent of our contribution to the world, however, depends on the extent of our own individual demonstration. For many years I had absolutely no interest in any "you" anywhere in the world, none whatsoever. I had only one interest in life, and that was discovering the secret of why God is not in the human universe, how He could be brought into it, and more especially how He might be a part of my experience. My interest in the world was purely academic; there was no thought that this work would actually help the world. My goal was to seek God for myself, to see if God could be brought into my personal experience. First Attain the God-Experience Yourself I was living the same kind of a human life that nearly everyone else lives on earth, and even with some of its successes, it was not satisfactory. In fact, with a considerable measure of success, there remained an irresistible drive to find out if God could be brought into my experience so that something of a different nature could take place. What that would be, I had no way of knowing. Therefore, my experience for years and years had nothing to do with the world: it had to do with my seeking, my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of God's Ceaseless Activity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Nine, The Temple Not Made With Hands
- CHAPTER NINE THE TEMPLE NOT MADE WITH HANDS There is within every person the Christ-Self, the real Self, the I. On the spiritual path, the goal is the attaining of conscious union with that Self, or the attaining of the realization of the Christ as our identity. This requires a "dying daily" to the human part of us, the outer part, and being reborn as this true identity; dying to the limited sense of self and being reborn into or as our perfected Self, the Christ- Self. On the other hand, if we can overcome the human self, if we can die, if we can put off that human self with its belief in good and evil and awaken to our true identity, then we are through with patchwork, through with demonstrating some good today and wondering what we will have to meet next year. Within each of us is the perfect Self that has never fallen, has never left heaven, and therefore can never gain heaven. It is already a state of heaven; it is already living the perfected life, the spiritual life, the Christ-life that can never be crucified, can never be resurrected, cannot ever be ascended. It already is the perfect Self, the son of God, or the Christ within us. It has been called "the hidden manna," the "pearl of great price," the robe of immortality. That son of God is you; it is I. Actually, it is our Self, and we do not patch It up; we do not demonstrate for It; we do not heal It; we cannot even make progress with It. We can, however, bring to light in our experience this perfected Self, our Christ-Self. But in order to accomplish this we do not go into meditation with the idea of meeting an outside problem, for our spiritual goal is not developing a self that has no problems, but dying to the self that has them or does not have them, and being reborn to our already perfected Self. TO GIVE SPIRITUAL HELP, REJECT ALL CONCEPTS When we go into meditation, we cannot take into it any thought about the problem. This applies to any situation or person. For example, if we have children or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Temple Not Made With Hands.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 110K
Find Similar Documents