God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 7, The Last Enemy
- ~ 7 ~ THE LAST ENEMY Everyone is interested in the subject of immortality-immortality here and now, in this body, not merely an immortality to be attained after death. It is in this very body that immortality must be experienced-this very body which we are now using as our instrument. We shall not lose our body, but we will lose our false sense of body and come into the realization of the true nature of body. By losing the sense of disease, accident, and old age, and coming into a higher realization of perfect body, there is no loss of body: There is just the loss of a false sense of body and the realization of the true nature of body. In the same way, experiencing immortality here and now involves no loss of body, but only the loss of a false sense of body. In our daily meditation, let us realize immortality here and now-the immortality of this body and this universe-in order that we may lose the false sense the world entertains of the body and of the universe. "The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death." 1 That may seem very discouraging to many people. Of this we can be sure, however, whether or not it is the last enemy to be overcome, it will never be overcome until we begin the overcoming, until we begin to do something about it. Just going on from one year to another, aimlessly saying, "Oh, well, death will be the last thing to be overcome," is not going to postpone it. If we want to postpone death and finally overcome it, we must begin now. What is death? Death appears to be a momentary cessation of consciousness. But consciousness cannot be or remain unconscious. In fact, consciousness can never become totally unconscious. What we call death is but an apparent lapse into deep unconsciousness, from which we become conscious again, usually upon the same level as that upon which we fell asleep. Body Expresses the Activity of Consciousness The first step in beginning the overcoming of death is the realization that the body does not have any intelligence ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 7, The Last Enemy.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 10, Dominion
- Chapter Ten Dominion In the beginning God gave us dominion, an unlimited dominion over everything between the skies and the bottom of the seas. That dominion is never dominion over anything or anybody. It is always a dominion over ourselves, and when the Bible says that God gave us dominion over everything in the earth, above the earth, and beneath the earth, it means that we have dominion over our consciousness and over everything within our consciousness. Since the entire universe exists within our consciousness, by having dominion over ourselves, we automatically have dominion over everything that pertains to our lives. We Have Surrendered the Dominion Given Us This dominion that was given to us in the beginning, we have completely lost, not partially but completely. As human beings, we have no dominion over the weather, the climate, food, or over germs. We should have, but we do not have, because we voluntarily surrender our dominion and freedom for a temporary moment of peace. One of the men most responsible for the freedoms we have in the United States and one to whom we owe the most, Thomas Jefferson, said that democracy must in the end fail, that people will lose their freedom; they will surrender it; and they have. Gradually, bit by bit, we have let somebody come along and take our freedom from us, and always the reason is the same, a little temporary peace. We could go through one phase after another of our life and watch how we have surrendered certain privileges and certain liberties. Even in our home life, we do that, that is, the human world does. If there is one dominating member of a family, gradually all the others will surrender a little here and a little there, until the one with the most dominating personality is running the whole nest. Dominion is something that is given to us by God, and therefore we always have it. It has never been taken away from us. The only thing that has been taken away from us is the exercise of our dominion, and that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...First_ Chapter 10, Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Soul
- SOUL THE SOUL is a part of man which is little known and only seldom realized. Often those in the depths of some deep sorrow break through the mist of material sense to the recesses of their inmost being, where they discover the Soul, or Reality, of being. They become Soul-conscious, and find new values, new resources, new and different strength, and an existence of an entirely different nature. The exercise of the Soul-faculties results in breaking the illusions of sense. All human discords are products of material sense and are experienced through the five physical senses - that is, all mortal inharmonies are seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled. Existing only in this material state of consciousness, discords and disease have their being merely as false sense, or illusion, though naturally seeming very real to the senses. There are many means of securing temporary relief from erroneous conditions of health, wealth, and other inharmonies of daily existence. Complete and final destruction of error comes only through the achievement and exercise of the faculties of the Soul. The Soul is that part of man which lies buried deepest within him and is therefore seldom realized. We use our mathematical faculties and our musical faculties because these lie nearest the surface of our being, and much more than these, even, our ordinary business faculties and our sense of direction, or even our artistic sense, but artists and authors and skilled musicians go deeper within their being and bring forth the great harmonies of fine music, good literature, paintings, sculpture, and architecture. Hidden even deeper than these, yet within the reach of our own consciousness, lies the Soul and Its faculties. These Soul-powers, when touched by us, come forth from within us and reach every avenue of our daily life, giving inspiration, beauty, peace, joy, and harmony to each moment of our existence and clothing every event in our experience with love, understanding, and success. Those too ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iles/The Infinite Way_ Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter V, Transcending Mind
- CHAPTER V TRANSCENDING MIND In the beginning, there was only one state of consciousness, the spiritual, but ever since the so-called Fall, man has been divided into three states of consciousness -the material, mental, and spiritual. Spiritual consciousness, when made flesh, is the perfect, immortal body, but few of all the billions of people who have lived on this planet have achieved spiritual consciousness, very few. Instead, throughout countless generations of humanhood, the world has been living in a material and mental state of consciousness, and for the most part, all that has been known is a material sense of the world, a world in which men make their living by the sweat of their brow and in which everything they do is done by physical or mental means. Even today the world has not risen too far above that physical sense of a universe, despite the fact that in this last century more of the mental has been revealed, although revealed primarily in the sense of the mental governing the physical. Out of that has come what is known as the science of right thinking, designed to manipulate the human scene. For example, if a person does not have a home, all he has to do is to catch hold of the right thought and the home appears, or if he does not have a satisfactory companion, just a little right thinking, and the old companion vanishes and a new one appears! If he suffers from some physical discord, just a little bit of right thinking, holding the "right thoughts," and lo and behold, the diseased body disappears and the harmonious body appears in its place. Even when this sort of mental therapy is effective, and it often is, those using this technique are still left with a physical universe-a physical body, a physical companion, a physical anything subject to the laws of good and evil-and the very next day it is possible for the discords and inharmonies to begin all over again. One part of the body is healed, and then another one speaks up; the problem of supply is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Transcending Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 6, Lifting of Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ LIFTING OF CONSCIOUSNESS The knowledge of the letter of this message, alone, is valueless. The real value lies in spiritual realization, accompanied by healing. "By their fruits ye shall know them." 1 To be able to memorize and talk about the Infinite Way, and yet not to be able to perform a reasonable degree of healing work, serves little purpose. There is already too much writing and printing of books, and, according to Scripture, too much talking about truth. Those who carry on this work must be those who have some measure of realization, who are not afraid when called upon to give help, and who can bring out healings. The world does not need any more teaching: It does need more healing. Ours is, and will continue to be, a healing ministry, as long as those who are carrying on this ministry have caught enough realization of truth to do healing work. Some day people may read the Infinite Way books, and talk or preach about them, and then reply, when asked about healing, "Oh, that happened in Joel Goldsmith's own time, when he was still around." That is what we want to avoid. We want each one to catch the spiritual vision, and to go forth and do likewise. There is enough spiritual reading in your Bible so that no words of mine are necessary. The Gospel according to John is enough. No other book is really necessary. If you could catch the spiritual vision of that book, you would need no metaphysical books. It is the most spiritual writing known to man. There is enough truth in it for all the healing ministries that will ever be called forth by human need. But the writings of today, because they are in our language and of our day, clarify those older writings. For that reason, our study and practice are made easier if we utilize the more recent interpretations. When I say that only those should become active in this work, who are willing to be called upon for healing, I mean that we want to be doers; we do not want simply another generation of preachers. No ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Lifting of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 10, Gaining The Consciousness of Good
- ~ 10 ~ GAINING THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOOD Consciousness is the real secret of the world. When you think you are searching for God, what you are really searching for is an understanding of consciousness, because consciousness is God; God is consciousness. These are interchangeable. Consciousness is God, and God is consciousness. When you have found the inner meaning of consciousness, you will have found God. When you find God, you will have discovered your own consciousness. You can now more nearly understand what I meant when I said, and have repeated several times, that the purpose of this work is not to give you more truths that you already know. I am sure that you already know all of the letter of truth there is to be known. It is so easily available, not only in my writings, but in many others. So I repeat: The purpose of this work is not to add one iota to your intellectual knowledge of truth, but to quicken the unfolding of consciousness-the unfolding of the divine consciousness as your individual consciousness. The key to what we call "demonstration," that is, to a successful and happy life, a joyous and complete existence, is consciousness, gaining the consciousness of good in one form or another. If we were asked what the object of our work is, I suppose we might say, "We are searching for God." To most people God is a vague term. Would you know what to do with God after you found him? Actually, if we were honest with ourselves, we would say, "I am seeking a sense of peace, a consciousness of harmony, a consciousness of health, a consciousness of the wholeness of being." We can sum that up, too, in the phrase, "a consciousness of happiness." If we are happy, we have all these things, and our happiness is all inclusive. Someone has said that happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight on you. If it is true that the kingdom of God is within you, happiness cannot be found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g The Consciousness of Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 7, The Consciousness Of Omnipresence
- ~ 7 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OMNIPRESENCE WHEN WE COME TO A CERTAIN PLACE in our spiritual development, we wonder how there could be such a God as has been worshiped in the last four thousand years, whether the Hebrew God, the Christian God, or the Buddhist God. Through prayers to that God, wars have not been wiped out, nor has peace been brought to earth. Furthermore, whatever of longevity has been demonstrated in this last half century has come by way of the increased knowledge materia medica has attained through research, resulting in a better understanding of nutrition and sanitation. Today many ministers are willing to admit that a new concept of God must be presented to the people, because what has heretofore been presented has not been God but merely an image, and a false one at that. It is not easy to come to a place in consciousness where we are willing to acknowledge this and then ask ourselves, "What is God?" The question is: What is God, not who, because to think of God as who would be to substitute one false image for another. Think for a moment of Omnipresence, a Presence filling all space, a Presence right where we are, whether we make our bed in heaven, in hell, or whether we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death."1 What is that Presence that is Omnipresence and at the same time All-power and All-wisdom? What is It? What is this Presence that is always with us, whose pleasure it is to give us the kingdom, this Presence that knows our needs even before we do, that which goes before us to make our way straight, that which prepares mansions for us? What is It? As we turn these questions over and over in our mind without fear that there is any God that is going to punish us for such questioning, as we divest ourselves of faith in that which has never warranted our faith, we find that that Presence has not done all those things for us because we have not understood what It is and how It functions. We must empty out the vessel filled with all these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciousness Of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 18, Gratitude - A Spiritual Interpretation of Holidays
- ~ 18 ~ GRATITUDE: A SPIRITUAL INTERPRETATION OF HOLIDAYS Question: Will you speak on the subject of holidays, how they are to be interpreted and observed from a spiritual standpoint, as for instance, Thanksgiving? Of course this would include Christmas, or the Fourth of July, or the Presidents' birthdays. Answer: This is really a beautiful experience. The Master prayed that the disciples be left in the world, but not of it. And as you know, this has been my vision right from the beginning: the word made flesh-not to leave this world but to be right in it, not subject to its false laws, but rather to open ourselves to reality and watch that reality become evident in visible form. How we understand and observe these holidays is part of that vision. We realize of course, that Thanksgiving originated with the Pilgrims when they came to this land. They faced seeming lack and stress, yet they met their needs in many different ways. And they offered thanks. Actually, we don't know whether that really happened in the way that has been passed on to us because the Thanksgiving holiday came into existence after even their grandchildren were gone. So, we do not know whether Thanksgiving actually was celebrated by the Pilgrims or whether it was a later invention ascribed to them. But it really makes no difference because the idea itself is good. They were in this cold, barren country surrounded by warring Indians, and yet, through all of their hardships, their daily needs were met. It is logical to believe that a time came when someone would remind them of how much they had to be thankful for, and there may have been a ceremony and then later it was incorporated as a national holiday. You know, as far as we are concerned today, we have very little feeling about the Pilgrims and how they celebrated their Thanksgiving. Today, the holiday is an opportunity for us to remember that we, too, have much for which to be thankful. It is really an opportunity for a sabbath day, a day of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Interpretation of Holidays.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1958, Break The Fetters That Bind You
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Break the Fetters that Bind You MANY of the difficulties and struggles in our experience come because we are living on different planes of consciousness, sometimes on one and sometimes on another, and often these planes are in conflict one with another. On one plane we are physical beings with minds, the body being the dominant factor; on another plane we are mental beings with bodies, that is, we are a mind and a body, and the body is governed by the mind. It may be governed by a conscious activity of mind or it may be by an involuntary activity of mind. In recent months, there have been many accounts in magazines and newspapers of the experiments which have been conducted in the area of subliminal perception through the medium of television and the motion picture. In the first experiments, which were held inside a moving picture theatre, the audience was instructed to go into the lobby during the intermission to buy popcorn and coca cola. Even though they did not know such a suggestion had been given to them, because the slide had been flashed across the screen so rapidly that it was invisible to the eyes and, therefore, did not register consciously in the mind, the majority of those in the theatre were impelled to obey this suggestion. Whether or not they wanted the popcorn or coca cola made no difference. The impulsion was so strong that they felt compelled to go out and buy it, giving their good money for something they may not have wanted and otherwise would not have bought. It was not necessary for them to be aware of the suggestion, to see or to hear it, and there was no knowledge that it was even being made. If a person is not alert, he will obey such subtly given instructions because this technique is not aimed at the conscious mind; it is aimed at the subconscious. These experiments show the extent to which the body obeys the dictates of the mind. On the human level of consciousness, that is exactly what happens. The body is subject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...k The Fetters That Bind You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Seven, Impersonalizing Error
- CHAPTER SEVEN IMPERSONALIZING ERROR There have been hundreds of mystics in the history of the world who have been lifted so high in consciousness that they have realized I, and yet many of them were never able to round out a happy, healthy, or successful life, nor did they ever raise up a body of students capable of revealing to the world the divine harmony that is here for everyone. Why was this? Why, when they had reached such great heights, were they still plagued with the discords of this world? The reason is that they never grasped the importance and significance of the nature of error. Without an understanding of the nature of error, this world is not going to be any different in the next generation than it has been in this one. We all know that there have been many revelations of I, but we also know that these revelations have not saved the world. The revelation of the nature of error in combination with the revelation of I, however, can and will. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NONPOWER OF EFFECT IS ESSENTIAL It is true that the nature of error was taught in some degree in the early years of metaphysical teaching and healing, but the real significance of the principle of the nothingness and nonpower of disease was not understood. It was believed that mind, which was made synonymous with God, was the power that healed the disease - in short, that God was the power that removed it. However, if you accept the truth that God is omnipotent, you most logically follow that with, "Well, then, nothing but God is power." That must mean the powerlessness of anything and everything that is appearing to you as power, whether it is person, thing, circumstance, or condition. You can then look at it objectively and realize how impossible it would be for it to be a power or have a power, if God is omnipresent and omnipotent, the only presence and the only power. The more aware you become of the nature of God as omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, the more aware you become of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...even, Impersonalizing Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 107K
Find Similar Documents