Living by the Word: Chapter 10, Let the Tares and the Wheat Grow Together
- ... Your problems exist only in the same way that the mirage exists on the desert, as a misperception of what actually is. "I will behold thy face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." 10 You are not told that when you awaken you will heal anybody, but that you will see Him as He is, and that is perfect, perfect now. The way to prove this and to pray in such a way as to honor God is to know that His kingdom is come on earth, as it is in heaven. His kingdom is established on earth, not will be in the future. God would not be God if He had a kingdom and kept it away from this earth now, and then was going to restore it later. God could not be God if God knew any harmony in the future tense. The only way God can be God is for His kingdom to be established where He is and when He is: now. Instantaneous Healing, the Fruitage of Nowness If you hearken well, you will also learn that in the kingdom of God there is neither time nor space. That is what makes instantaneous healing possible; that is what makes instantaneous reformation possible; that is what makes instantaneous forgiveness possible. There is no such thing as waiting in hell until your sins have been washed out; there is no such thing as waiting until you become pure; there is no such thing as waiting somewhere for something to happen, for that would take away from the instantaneity of God. That would take away from the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Anything that has to do with a future tense would degrade our sense of God, for God cannot be God except now, and this now must be infinite, this now must be the omnipresence of God, nothing less and nothing else. You honor God only in your realization of a timeless and ageless God. For this, you find authority in Scripture in such passages as "Thou art the same" 11 yesterday, today and forever. "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 12 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world." 13 None of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and the Wheat Grow Together.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 3, The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority
- Chapter Three The Peace-Be-Still of Spiritual Authority The first step in our spiritual development and progress included both a physical and mental discipline. That discipline involved remembering God, refraining from stealing, envy, jealousy, and not committing adultery or murder. It was accompanied by the restraints of the thou-shalt-not's-or-God-will-do-something- to-you. In these early days of developing and living by a moral code, people were not capable of disciplining themselves, so there had to be a hierarchy of priests to make certain that the laws were obeyed. The Body and the Mind Must Be Disciplined As generation after generation came under the discipline of the law, eventually more and more persons learned to discipline themselves, no longer requiring an overseeing power to keep them in line. Through this discipline their natures were changed and their desires brought under control. Gradually a better state of humanhood evolved, which is what always happens when the undisciplined come under discipline. Not only do they learn how to behave, but their very nature changes, and they lose the desire and the propensity for undisciplined conduct or thoughts. In the earliest stage of our existence we are disciplined as to our physical acts, and then later our mental activity also comes under discipline. When Jesus was teaching the principles of spiritual living, he said that it was not enough not to commit the act of adultery, but even thinking about it had to be controlled, because there was just as much evil in the desire or thought as there was in the act: But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28 Jesus indicated that first there must be the discipline of rising above the indulgence in an act. Next must come the discipline of the mind, so that it would be incapable of thinking undisciplined thoughts. "He that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...till of Spiritual Authority.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 9, The Consciousness of the Individual
- ... All Men Are Brothers In order to make the life of God as the life of individual being demonstrable in your experience, you must go the second step of realizing that since this is true of you, it is true of all men. There is neither Jew nor Greek; there is neither white nor black; there is neither Oriental nor Occidental, for we are all one in our spiritual identity. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father which is in heaven." 6 That makes all of us brothers and sisters, members of one family, of one household. This is the truth whether the men and women of the world know it or not. The Master says, "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 7 Now watch how it operates. When you are in any group of people, without any sense of self-righteousness, of being holier, better, or more valuable to God than the others, realize that there is but one Father, and you are all brethren. There are no barriers in that relationship, and then you can look upon any other person without judgment, criticism, or condemnation. Even if you are aware of sin, it would be with forgiveness. And what would happen to the other person? Would he not feel your lack of judgment? When a person sets himself up as better, holier, more righteous, more moral, or more honest than you, then a barrier would go up within you of defense, protecting yourself from whoever it is that is sitting in judgment on you. If a person in any walk of life has designs on you, on your money, or in any way looks to you for something that is certainly not his right or due, that sets up a mental wall in you, and you automatically begin to protect yourself. The best illustration that I can give is that a person who has been trained to be a buyer of any kind of merchandise can practically smell a salesman coming along and up goes that wall of defense, with the immediate response, "No, I don't need anything." It is an automatic response, even if in the next minute that buyer may say, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ciousness of the Individual.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 20, Problems
- ~ 20 ~ PROBLEMS In the working out of a problem, it would seem to me that the first step would be to forget yourself and the problem as it appears and study more about the universal nature of good. As you begin to look away from self and personal problems and dwell more in thought on the universality of 2×2 being 4, or do, re, mi following each other, and of the law of "like begetting like," you will see how impossible it would be for you to be anywhere outside of divine law, divine protection, and divine action. When we plant a rose seed we know, of course, that only a rose can come forth. We do not go into any ecstasies of delight about the wonders of the rose seed because we know that it is not the rose seed itself that produced the rose, but the law of "like begetting like" acting upon the seed. Planting the seed in fertile soil, giving it sufficient water and sun, the rose is inevitable, and even the seed itself could not prevent the fulfillment. Also, when we place 2 and 2 together, 4 is inevitable, and this is not by any virtue of the objects or numbers that are brought together, but because of the operation of the law of mathematics. These illustrations apply to us in like manner. Divine law governs its creations. The only God there is, is principle, the principle of our being, and it would be impossible for our affairs to get outside the operation of this law. Then all the error, inharmony, discord, that is apparent to us is, as a matter of fact, not present at all, but exists only as belief and must be so understood. A belief operates as a law only until its true nature is discerned, just as the belief that 3 × 3 is 8 vanishes without any further effort on our part. We do not have to destroy it or rise above it, because it vanishes of its own nothingness, its non-existence. Let us know that "whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever;" 1 that there is not a single element of error, discord, inharmony or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 20, Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 4, Reality
- ~ 4 ~ REALITY Christian Science understands all evil to be illusion and, necessarily, it declares human good equally without reality. It reveals that physical health is as much a belief as sickness. Likewise, material wealth is but the opposite belief of poverty. In order, then, that we do not vacillate between the beliefs of health and sickness, wealth and poverty, friendship and friendlessness, it becomes necessary that we come into the understanding of spiritual reality. Obviously we cannot measure our progress spiritward in terms of days or years of physical freedom or amount of dollars income. The measure of our progress is determined by the degree of our understanding of spiritual values. The natural result of our spiritual progress is a greater degree of harmony in what appears as our human affairs, but when this harmony is the result of spiritual realization we find no fluctuation and no vacillation. This spiritual, or real state of being, is exemplified in the Scriptures in such passages as, "And there shall be no night there," 1 and the revelation of light appearing although the sun was not yet created: "Let there be light: and there was light." 2 Again in the appearance of crops before the seed is planted. In these passages we find good appearing without dependence on material aid or accompaniment. Job says, "and hangeth the earth upon nothing," 3 again indicating spiritual power dependent on nothing tangible to human sense. Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, and this so-called miracle has never been explained, nor will it ever be to human sense. That spiritual sense comprehends and can duplicate it we know, because of the frequency with which this is done by the spiritually illumined of all ages. Moses fed the multitudes and provided water; Elijah provided food and healed even death, as did the Master Christian. Every real spiritual healing that takes place today is further proof, if proof were needed, that there is a realm of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 4, Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Healing Ministry
- The Healing Ministry My oneness with God is my oneness with spiritual wholeness. The only place where disease has no reality and where it disappears, is in one's spiritual sense of life-in this intuitive spiritual sense of life that you feel when you are in the silence, when you are touching Reality. In this life, there is no sin, no disease, no lack, no limitation, no war. There is nothing going on in this spiritual sense of life but spiritual good. That is the reason I say that most of our work should be done silently and not audibly. Giving a person who has asked for help a barrage of metaphysical truths, to me, is nothing but nonsense. To me, the only way to respond to a call for help is to say, "I will help you right away." Just as fast as is possible, get back into that silence, where you can feel the very presence of God, where you can discern Reality. Then the patient will be free. When I have a headache, if a practitioner were to say to me, "Now, you know it is not real; of course you have not got a headache"; I would be inclined to reply, "Oh, go jump in the lake! I want freedom! I do not want a lot of conversation!" If the practitioner really and truly believed that the headache was not real, I would be healed long before he could assure me of its unreality. It is not how glib we are at blurting out these metaphysical truths that is going to help anybody. It is the recognition within of spiritual Reality. This you touch somewhere within your own being, and when you do, the whole human picture fades out and you begin to see divine Reality. We should get out of the habit of telling and repeating testimonies. Testimonies are legitimate when they are used to exemplify some point of spiritual practice. You may want to illustrate a certain principle and use a testimony of healing as an example, but aside from that, give up the habit of testifying, either to your own healings or to those for which you may have been responsible, or to others of which you may have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eader_ The Healing Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 130K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 6, What Have You in the House?
- ... I have God in my consciousness. I have the kingdom of God within me. I have the grace of God within me, and wherever I go I have that to give. I need never open my mouth. I can keep as silent as I want to be, and yet I can be a blessing wherever I am by the recognition that the presence of God is with me wherever I am, and that presence of God is a benediction to all whom I meet. We must be very sure that we want that presence of God to be a benediction to our enemies as well as to our friends. We have to be sure that we want that presence of God to prosper everyone equally. They will not all prosper equally, because they will not all open their consciousness to it, but we have to want it for them; we have to pray for our enemies; we have to forgive seventy times seven. It makes no difference whether they accept it; it makes no difference whether they know it. We are making our demonstration at this moment, and that demonstration calls for what we have in the house, and we have to give it: we have forgiveness and we have love; we have sharing; we have praying for the enemy; we have praying for our friends; we have the kingdom of God within us. Sharing Material Good The sharing of our material good is especially important to the persons who have such a fear of the lack of money that they hoard it. For them it is a very good thing to be compelled to break loose and begin giving and sharing, because they may have been making a God out of hoarding their possessions, and as long as they are doing that they cannot expect to make spiritual progress. The giving of our material goods is really the least of the spiritual graces. If there is somebody who is fearing to give up those last few drops of oil or that last bit of meal, then it is good that in some way or other he be compelled to give. Many years ago a very successful and prosperous practitioner had a patient come one day and ask for help. She told the practitioner that she was not in a position to pay for it, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 8, The Healing Ministry
- ~ 8 ~ THE HEALING MINISTRY My oneness with God is my oneness with spiritual wholeness. The only place where disease has no reality and where it disappears, is in one's spiritual sense of life-in this intuitive spiritual sense of life that you feel when you are in the silence, when you are touching Reality. In this life, there is no sin, no disease, no lack, no limitation, no war. There is nothing going on in this spiritual sense of life but spiritual good. That is the reason I say that most of our work should be done silently and not audibly. Giving a person who has asked for help a barrage of metaphysical truths, to me, is nothing but nonsense. To me, the only way to respond to a call for help is to say, "I will help you right away." Just as fast as is possible, get back into that silence, where you can feel the very presence of God, where you can discern Reality. Then the patient will be free. When I have a headache, if a practitioner were to say to me, "Now, you know it is not real; of course you have not got a headache"; I would be inclined to reply, "Oh, go jump in the lake! I want freedom! I do not want a lot of conversation!" If the practitioner really and truly believed that the headache was not real, I would be healed long before he could assure me of its unreality. It is not how glib we are at blurting out these metaphysical truths that is going to help anybody. It is the recognition within of spiritual Reality. This you touch somewhere within your own being, and when you do, the whole human picture fades out and you begin to see divine Reality. We should get out of the habit of telling and repeating testimonies. Testimonies are legitimate when they are used to exemplify some point of spiritual practice. You may want to illustrate a certain principle and use a testimony of healing as an example, but aside from that, give up the habit of testifying, either to your own healings or to those for which you may have been responsible, or to others of which you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, The Healing Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 125K
Find Similar Documents