The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1956, The Christ
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The Christ Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:10-19 IN order to reach the kingdom of heaven, we must transcend the realm of mind and thought to the heights where the realm of Spirit unfolds and discloses itself. Upon entering the kingdom, we receive, within ourselves, the Word of God; the light of the Christ; the Spirit of God in man. Although we strive and press onward toward the kingdom only that the Word be received-always the Word is made flesh and dwells among us. Every time It is heard, It becomes manifest in the outer realm. Every time the divine impulse is felt, it becomes visible and tangible without. This Word of God is the substance of all form, the substance of all demonstration, the bread of life, the water of life eternal, the wine of inspiration; and therefore, when faced with any appearance of discord, inwardly we can say: "I and my Father are one. . . . All that the Father hath is mine. . . . I have meat ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1956, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1955, Higher Views of God Prayer and The Self
- ... In the beautiful words of the Psalmist, we read: "Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness." And so we come to another principle: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." It makes no difference if your neighbor is black, white or yellow, Hebrew, Christian or pagan-your neighbor is the self-same being: God expressed, God manifest in flesh. This is the beauty of holiness. This is knowing the truth about your neighbor; this is praying for your neighbor; this is forgiving your neighbor, even as you would have your neighbor forgive you. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Our Message is one of Love, and we are fulfilling the law of Love in our acknowledgment of the infinite nature of God, and the eternal nature of the Son of God. In our acknowledgment of Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Omniscience, we have acknowledged Divine Grace. We have acknowledged that the Grace of God is for us, for our neighbor, and for our enemy. In this acknowledgment we seek forgiveness of our errors of ignorance, and just as freely we forgive all others in this realization that this truth is the truth about everyone in heaven, on earth, or in hell. "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself . . . forgive and ye shall be forgiven . . .", and in this instant of realization we release all those who are holding themselves in bondage to false concepts of God, Law, Love and Life. We loose them and let them go, in the realization that all that is of God is Good-and what is there that is not of God? Oh! What a wonderful thing it is to know that there is nothing to go to God for! Conscious Union with God In order to enter into the mystical life one must master the ability to remain in the silence without thought, and this is the most difficult part of all spiritual living. In no way is this a cessation or repression of thought, nor an effort toward such: instead, it is attaining such deep ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of God Prayer and The Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:03- 150K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XIX, Attaining Divine Sonship
- CHAPTER XIX ATTAINING DIVINE SONSHIP When we have encompassed the First and Second Degrees, a new dimension of life, an entirely different area of consciousness, opens up to us. In that moment there is something within us that is no longer a quotation, an affirmation, or a recalling of truth: it is an experience. We have entered the Third Degree, where we no longer live by the standards of this world, where the values are different, and life is governed not so much by what the outer law is as by what our inner integrity is. It is at this point that we pass from law to Grace. As human beings we live under man-made laws which continue to operate as long as we remain in ignorance, and until we are awakened, we are held in slavery to all kinds of mental and physical laws. As we come to an awareness of a spiritual Presence within us, we gradually become immune to these laws because as we pass into the third stage, the Presence lives our life, and It cannot be influenced, nor can It be acted upon by physical or mental laws: It is immune to them for they are only theories, superstitions, and the universal belief in two powers. In proportion as the son of God is raised up in us, these laws do not operate, and not only are we not receptive or responsive to them, but we aid in nullifying them for others who may come to us. When an immunity is developed to material and mental laws, we live in an entirely different world because then we do not have to take the law into consideration, nor do we have to be concerned about things. Having found the kingdom of God and dwelling in it, something else is taking over the responsibility for our entire experience. The government is on His shoulder, on this divine Son which in the Third Degree is now raised up in us. In our humanhood It was dormant; It stood by and could do nothing. Regardless of what wrong was done to us, we had to resign ourselves to it unless our human wisdom or strength could provide an escape for us, and in most cases ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...X, Attaining Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 97K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIV, The Master Alchemist
- CHAPTER XXIV THE MASTER ALCHEMIST Too many Occidentals believe that the mystical life is not only impractical, but largely a figment of the imagination. In this age, however, the way of mysticism is being shown to be, not something mythical, mysterious, or occult, but spiritual, and a far more practical way of life than any yet devised in the human realm. It changes life from the everyday humdrum human experience with its trials and tribulations and its ups and downs to an entirely different kind of life, one lived from within, and yet not lived by us, but rather lived through us-a life in which we pass from living by taking thought and by our own effort to living by the Spirit. The Master Christ Jesus taught his followers to "resist not evil," to cease from strife of all kinds whether by the sword or the law, and to give twice as much in return if something were taken from them. Such a teaching sounds very impractical for this day and age, but as a matter of fact, it is far more practical than living a life dependent for its security and safety upon an army, navy, and air force: not only would we be relieved of the staggering expense of maintaining them, but we would also be relieved of any danger from an enemy because in this way of life there are no enemies. It would be as impossible to live with this transcendental Presence and have an enemy as it would be to live with It and then find oneself in danger from snakes, wild animals, starvation, or any other form of physical or mental discord. This is a very difficult idea for the human mind to grasp. What the unillumined mind sees, hears, tastes, touches, and smells seems so real, and the material and mental universe looks so real, that nothing could be considered quite as ridiculous as to stand before the highest temporal authority of the day and calmly state, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above," or to say, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXIV, The Master Alchemist.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 4, Consciousness
- ... In the mystical life, you do not disdain the physical realm, nor do you belittle the mental realm. You realize that to be a whole man, in addition to the physical and mental, there must be that infinite, divine Consciousness which gives you your soul integrity and your love for your neighbor. Did you ever stop to think that as a human being a person cannot love his neighbor as himself? Have you ever stopped to think how impossible that is? A person might be able to love the neighbor he likes, but he would be very "choosey" about the neighbor that he is going to love as himself. Do you not see that only as the Soul of God is your Soul can you love your neighbor as yourself and not care whether he is a friendly or an unfriendly neighbor, but love in the sense that God loves? Have you ever stopped to think that, as a human being, it is impossible to pray for your enemies, and if you do, it is only lip service? Do you not know that humanly you cannot forgive "seventy times seven"? 3 Even if you could forgive seventy times seven, it would never be forgiveness until you forgave through that part of you which is divine, that part of you which knows that humanly you have enough faults of your own, and as you would be forgiven, so you forgive. Whether individual consciousness is aware at the physical or mental level, behind both must be the Consciousness that is aware, and that Consciousness is God. Now bring that down to the truth that the Consciousness that is God is the consciousness that you are, and you have oneness. Then you can relax your personal efforts; you can relax from taking thought for your life. Why should you take thought when the Consciousness that formed you is responsible for maintaining and sustaining you? You can relax in His Spirit and His wisdom, because His Spirit and His wisdom are yours. If you live merely as a physical being, people will speak of you as being strong or weak, meaning that you have a strong or a weak body. If you have risen into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ Chapter 4, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 14, 1963, There Is Only One God Consciousness
- ... It is given to all those students who have been with The Infinite Way writings and recordings for enough years that the letter of truth is established within them and they can enter the period of opening their consciousness to the experience. For years you have read that The Infinite Way is not a message, it is an experience, but today you must realize that the time to demonstrate the experience is here for you. This is not so for beginning students; they may have to go through a period of preparation. However, it will not be as long as your period of preparation for this reason: The degree of your attainment lessens the period of their preparing. Each one of you could take that word I and ask yourself: "Is there anything to me except conscious awareness?" In the physical realm you are conscious of your body and you are conscious of the body of others. You are conscious of the body of ocean and the body of stars, and you are aware of the body of edifices. Then you go up higher into the mental realm and find that you are aware of brotherly love, justice, mercy, benevolence, forgiveness, and you are aware of the ideas and ideals. Why not take the next step and realize: "I can be aware of the things of God because there is an area of my consciousness which is the child of God, otherwise I could not unfold it or disclose it." Do not be impatient. The Way is straight and narrow but, knowing there is a part of you that is the child of God, you can afford to be patient. There is an area of divinity incorporated in your consciousness; there is an area of your consciousness which is heaven; there is an area of your consciousness in which an angel dwells. It must be loosed, it must be released, it must ascend. Pay no attention to the mistakes of your humanhood because this will keep you out of the kingdom of heaven. Remember that you are trying to reach your divinity, that which never had humanhood. The Master revealed: "The kingdom of God is within you." 4 The realm of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Only One God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 12, Questions & Answers
- ... Some scholars do not believe that Jesus ever gave the Lord's Prayer to the world, while others believe that he did. The main reason for this doubt is that the Lord's Prayer is not in keeping, apparently, with the Master's teaching. The Master did not teach that it would do us any good to ask God for any such thing as daily bread. He taught: "Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him 3 . . . [and it is his] good pleasure to give you the kingdom." 4 One Bible authority claims that when the translators came to that part of the New Testament where the disciple said: "Teach us to pray," 5 the Master did not reply. Scholars believe that something was lost, and then when they found the page on which what is called the Lord's Prayer was written, they inserted it in that place. Regardless of whether or not the Master did give us the Lord's Prayer, do not forget that in it there are laws just as there are in all of his teachings. In other places as well as in the Lord's Prayer, he taught the law of forgiveness, and through that law, we "forgive our debtors," 6 for in proportion as we are able to "loose him, and let him go," 7 does our own consciousness become free. If parts of the Lord's Prayer-or all of it-have meaning for you, it does not matter whether or not it was a part of Jesus' actual words. Whatever is true, is true regardless of its source. We can get good wherever we find it. Personally, I find much wisdom in that particular passage: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." 8 Question: Should a practitioner assume responsibility for a case? Answer: Our attitude should be the same with a human being as it would be with a dog, a cat, or a crop. The truth we know should be outwardly manifested in healing, whatever the condition may be. However, just because we accept the responsibility does not mean that we shall always be able to bring out the healing. A human being differs from plants, crops, or animals because a human being has the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 175K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 12, Fulfillment of Spiritual Identity through Meditation, Contemplation, and Communion
- ... From the time any leader, prophet, saint, or seer in the Old Testament attained God-awareness, he lived a charmed life, a life that really demonstrated the omnipresence of good. It is not only evident that the Master's health seems to have been perfect, but his consciousness was a sanctuary into which others could come and find healing, food, supply, peace, and forgiveness. What would it not mean to those of us carrying around some burden of guilt for some act of omission or commission, if we could be led into the consciousness of an individual and there find forgiveness and the consequent peace that would come upon us? Some of us have found such persons in the ministry of the church, the metaphysical ministry, or the mystical ministry and, just by being in their presence, they have conferred upon us a feeling of peace, a feeling of noncondemnation, noncriticism, forgiveness, healing, and comforting. The Christ-Peace Cannot Be Found in Those Seeking the Peace Only the World Can Give The goal is that you and I attain Christ-consciousness, thereby bringing to ourselves the Christ-peace, the Christ-health, the Christ-wholeness, the Christ- forgiveness, the Christ-joy, and then, by virtue of our attainment, our very consciousness becomes a sanctuary into which we draw our family, our friends, our neighbors, and all those who are receptive. Everyone who touches our ... Therefore, for the world there is no safety or security in God except in proportion as the Christ is recognized as the consciousness of man and as man begins to live the Christ-life. It is not sufficient to know that the Christ functions through love: it is necessary that we adopt love as a way of life, and that means living the life of constant forgiveness, the life of praying for our enemies, the life of praying for those who persecute us, the life of benevolence at every level of consciousness-not only helping our fellow man financially, but more especially through prayer and communion. If we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ontemplation, and Communion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1957, Major Principles of The Infinite Way
- ... You will always know a Christly man or woman because those who touch them on life's highway find life eternal, health, and wholeness, and receive spiritual blessings through their contact with these men and women. The Nature of Prayer To understand the nature of God in this way and to understand the Christ- mission must, of course, reveal to you the nature of prayer. Now, you can no longer pray for anything, but must confine your prayers to asking, seeking, and knocking for spiritual wisdom, spiritual guidance, spiritual bread, wine, and water. When you learn to turn to the Father for the revelation of God in your experience-for the actual demonstration of God in your experience-then, and only then, are you beginning to understand the nature of prayer. It is important while studying the nature of prayer to read the New Testament very carefully and to note that the Master makes it more important that we pray for our enemies than that we pray for our friends. There is a reason for this. You see, understanding and forgiveness are two of the major qualities of Christ- consciousness. For this reason, the Master taught that we are to forgive seventy times seven and that we must forgive our enemies, those who oppress us and those who hate us and despitefully use us. And so until we learn to pray for our enemies and to forgive them, we are really not praying in the sense of prayer as revealed by the great Master. As you read what I am saying to you about the nature of God, the nature of the Christ-mission, and the nature of prayer; it is almost certain that you are pausing at the end of every paragraph to read over again what is written and probably to weigh the meaning of what you have read. If so, you are beginning to meditate, to ponder, and to dwell on truth and in truth; you are obeying the Ninety-first Psalm: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High," and to him, of course, come none of earth's tragedies. While you are thus pondering within yourself the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciples of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 155K
Find Similar Documents