The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter II, Release God
- CHAPTER II RELEASE GOD Only the very courageous can embark on the spiritual journey, and only those of great strength and vision can hope to continue on this Path. Nearly twenty centuries ago, the Master made it clear that the way is straight and narrow and few there be that enter. That this is true is borne out by the fact that up to the present time very few have been able to remain on the spiritual path and continue to go forward. It is not easy to surmount superstition, ignorance, and fear, and, despite prejudice and previous failures, to set forth in search of new horizons. We cannot adopt new ideas while still clinging to the outworn beliefs of the past: we must be willing to relinquish our old concepts. That is where the courage comes in, and the daring. It takes courage to leave behind that which has proved to be unsatisfactory in our experience. It takes courage to look at ourselves objectively and ask: Have I sincerely worshiped God? Have I in some measure lived up to my convictions about God? When we turn to the search for God, we should be bold enough to ask ourselves: Am I satisfied with such answers to prayers as have been given to the world? Do I believe that such truth as has been revealed is all the truth there is, or am I seeking for something yet unknown except to those few mystics who have experienced the truth, tried to impart their knowledge, failed, and gone on their way? Man's heritage is spiritual freedom, and if the revelation of Jesus Christ has taught us nothing else, it is that we are entitled to live in the full freedom of the Spirit as children of God, not as prisoners of the mind and body. Freedom is not a condition of mind or of body: freedom is a condition of the Soul. If we do not find our freedom in Soul, we will find only limitation and bondage in our experience. Freedom cannot be given to a nation or to a race of people: freedom must first be realized in individual being, and then some measure of that freedom can be shared with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ty_ Chapter II, Release God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 2, 1963, True Prayer-The Experience of God
- ... To come to this place in consciousness means that a great part of your spiritual journey is behind you, because you cannot attain this lightly, easily or quickly. You have been led up to this, as you will discover when others come to you for spiritual wisdom. You will learn that it is not an easy matter to say to them: "We are not going to God to have your fever reduced, and we are not going to God to get increased supply," for the answer you will receive is: "What then is the use of going to God?" When you have arrived at the place where you can accept such a statement, you have arrived at the place where you have given up human aspirations for spiritual revelations. We do not become ascetics. In giving up the world it is not in the mistaken sense of asceticism in which, by depriving ourselves of everything pleasant, we believe we are pleasing God. On the contrary, be assured that God is only pleased in our joys-in our fruitage. We know this from Christ Jesus, who was sent to earth to "do the will of the Father," and the will of the Father is that we have health and happiness and forgiveness of sins and life eternal. There is no asceticism in the Master's teachings. He took only their sins-never did he take from anyone any form of good. Once you stop seeking in your prayers "what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink and wherewithal ye shall be clothed," you will find they are being added unto you. "Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things," 18 only I must not seek sufficiency, I must seek grace. For thousands of years men have prayed for an end of war, for an end of injustice, for an end of slavery, and disease. All of these human conditions are still going on, and those that are not going on have not been overcome by prayer but by men. Many diseases have been overcome and lost from the world because of medical and surgical discoveries, but you recognize the fact that Christ Jesus revealed that this could be accomplished without human aid. So we are not to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ayer--The Experience of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 7, God, The Source and Substance
- CHAPTER 7 GOD, THE SOURCE AND SUBSTANCE Regardless of the degree of spiritual consciousness we have, some around us may not respond. Even the Master, Christ Jesus, could not avoid his Judas, or his doubting Thomas, or his denying Peter, or his disciples asleep in the garden. Peter eventually awakened and undoubtedly atoned in a measure, and probably Thomas did as well. Of Judas's eventual awakening to the spiritual Light we have no record. We do know there must have been a time when Saul of Tarsus could not respond to this spiritual impetus, yet eventually at a certain moment he not only responded to it but he also became a living witness to it. There are moments in the lives of many when they cannot respond to the spiritual influence that is about them. But eventually they will respond, in their time. With some it may take days, weeks, months, or years. With others it may take many lifetimes. But sooner or later, at some time, every knee will bend- every knee! So we need not despair if we find some in our families, in our church groups, or in our national or international life who are not at this moment responding to the spiritual impulse. That brings us to a very important point. In our experience, we are apt to believe that we are being held back by the lack of demonstration on the part of someone around us or that, for one reason or another, their lack of demonstration may be having an adverse influence on us. That would be true only in the degree that we permit it. If we are not yet ready to leave those who are holding back our demonstration, the blame is ours for clinging to the universal belief that our good comes from others or that their good comes from us. To understand how and why this is so, you need to know your true identity and your relationship to God. Your True Identity and Your Relationship to God The Master Jesus tells us that in order to attain the heights of Christhood, we must leave mother, father, brother, and sister for His sake. We must ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d, The Source and Substance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 10, Call No Man Your Father Upon the Earth
- ... You have merely accepted that God from someone's teaching, and now that you have put yourself under that God, you sit around waiting for your rewards, which somehow do not come in this world, and you wait for your punishments, and they seem to come twice a day. But then you are more expectant of the punishment than you are of the rewards. Those are images you have made in your mind. You subject yourself to all kinds of man-made laws, but when you remove yourself from man-made laws and bring yourself under Grace, you then understand what the Master meant when he said, "If any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also," 12 meaning that if someone takes your diamonds, give him your rubies, too. In other words, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," 13 and it is yours by Grace. If someone is ignorant of that and takes what belongs to you, do not fear, it will be replaced because "the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof," and it all belongs to you. Once you give up the protection of man-made law, you come under Grace. Once you give up the law of an-eye-for-an-eye and a-tooth-for-a-tooth, you come under the Grace of forgiveness, but this comes only as a transition in consciousness. You are under the law as long as you are holding somebody else to that law. When you bind another, you have bound yourself; when you free another, you have freed yourself. Consider how many man-made laws you have accepted for yourself and for others. Do not wonder that you are under the law and do not think that you can come under Grace while holding somebody else in bondage to the law. You are under Grace when you free all persons from being under the law, holding no one in bondage but acknowledging your Christhood and theirs. A Life of Grace Has No Needs "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." 14 God is your Father; therefore you are the Christ, the son of God. Tell me, what is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Your Father Upon the Earth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 1, The Ministry Within
- ... You must either come to that conclusion or you must come to the realization that there is another way and that you must discover it. For many years I could not find the answer to that problem. I could not find out how to bring God into individual experience, how to bring the comfort, the healing, the raising from the dead, the forgiveness of sin, and the life everlasting that the Master promised. To me these were merely words in a book. Then came the experience that brought with it the ... If you are to receive forgiveness for your sins, do not look for it anywhere externally, but in you. If you are seeking healing, even while accepting the help of the consciousness of one further advanced than you are, remember to turn within. Healing is an activity of the ministry of the Christ. "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 5 This I, this Christ- kingdom, is within you. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 6 That Christ-ministry is within you; the Christ-forgiving-ministry is within you; the Christ-raising-of-the-dead-ministry is within you; the Christ-feeding- ministry is within you. The entire Infinite Way teaching is based on the principle that you must turn to the Christ-ministry for healing, for salvation, for forgiveness, for food, housing, transportation, for the healing of sin, disease, and death. And where do you turn to find the Christ-ministry? Where but within yourself? Man Shall Not Live on ... You need take no thought for your life, for what you shall eat or drink or wherewithal you shall be clothed. Turn to this Christ-ministry which is within you, and when you hear the words, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee," 7 or when you have the feeling of "My peace I give unto you," 8 your healing and the forgiveness of your sins will have been accomplished. In one way or another the still, small voice utters, "Neither do I condemn thee 9 . . . . Thy sins are forgiven." 10 The Healing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, The Ministry Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1958, The One Great Miracle
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The One Great Miracle SPOKEN or written words can never adequately convey the idea of the Christ. There is no way to understand the Christ except through the spiritual capacity of discernment-the Soul-capacities. Words are always inadequate. In Hebrew Scripture, the term for the Christ is the Messiah. The Hebrews have always looked forward to the coming of a Messiah, but no one knows whether, in the beginning, they were expecting a man or whether they understood the term Messiah to mean a power or a presence. But whatever their concept of the Messiah, they knew Its function and what might be expected of It: The Messiah was to bring them freedom. That may be interpreted as political freedom since they were political slaves, or as economic freedom since they were in bondage to poverty, or as physical or moral freedom since there is no doubt but that they were slaves to sensuality and to the characteristics that were bred in the conditions in which they found themselves. It may be that they thought of the Messiah as freeing them from outside influences, or they may have understood the word more correctly than we imagine: They may have understood the Messiah to be that which freed them from themselves-from their slavery to sense, their slavery to false ideas, their slavery to ignorance. To me, the Messiah is that which frees us from ourselves, from a limited sense of self. We are never enslaved by anybody or any condition, except by that which we have either made or accepted for ourselves. We make our own conditions of slavery or we passively accept conditions without a realization that there is that within us which could set us free. The Hebrews, however, did come to a place where their expectancy was a man. Isaiah speaks of that man as the Prince of Peace, the mighty Counsellor, one whose name shall be called Wonderful. To a man of such enlightenment as Isaiah, it may be that although using the term, "man" or "he", he really was referring to a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1958, The One Great Miracle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1957, The Secret of The Healing Principle
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE The Secret of the Healing Principle SPIRITUAL healing is based on an understanding of the spiritual principle of life. This principle is that God maintains and sustains the universe, including every person in it, in absolute integrity. Contrary to that teaching is the world of appearances, the dreamworld, a mesmeric world which has no law to support it, no substance to sustain it, and no continuity except such as we, in our ignorance, give it. Once this truth is perceived, you will have a healing principle which will stand, regardless of the nature of the problems that are brought to you. This does not mean that you will heal everybody or every condition, not because the principle is not adequate to meet every situation, but because the people involved are not yet ready to live this principle or to live by this principle; they are not ready to give up those things which would interfere with the demonstration of the principle. In other words, Jesus, himself, did not attempt to take the rich man into heaven. It was not because of the man's wealth, in and of itself, but because the man's faith, confidence, and hope were in his wealth; all his expectations and hopes in life were based on the amount of his possessions, and such a man cannot be lifted into spiritual consciousness. So it is that there are people seeking healing, but seeking only the healing of their pains and discords, not a spiritual healing which would transform their lives. This principle is so absolute, however, that given a fair opportunity with anybody who is at all receptive to the spiritual way of life, harmony will be brought into the experience of that person, and he will come into spiritual enlightenment. The Fabric of "This World" The principle which is the secret of all healing is an understanding of the nature of error. Error is never a person; it is never a thing; it is never a condition. Therefore, never take into your thought, or attempt to handle in thought, a person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...et of The Healing Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 135K
Find Similar Documents