Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 10, Dominion Through Daily Realization
- ~ 10 ~ DOMINION THROUGH DAILY REALIZATION THE limitations of our experience are imposed upon us, not by anything we do or do not do or by anything we think or do not think, but by universal belief. Material beliefs have come down to us, not because we knowingly accepted them, not because we knowingly decided we would be as we are, but because subliminally these things were introduced into our consciousness. In other words, things took place in our home, which as children we had no knowledge of seeing or hearing, that registered in our consciousness. In school, things we did not consciously know were going on around us helped to form patterns within us. Prenatal influence, environment, and experiences make up the forces that limit our life experience; and they all are rooted in the universal belief of the ages. Together these things make us the human beings we are. We have the world we have because of these universal beliefs, which have created a materialistic state of consciousness. We did not choose to be materialistic. Because we were born into a materialistic age, we took on the complexion of material consciousness. All disease, sin, fear, and death itself are imposed upon us. All error has its basis in the universal belief that arises from the acceptance of two powers. On the material level of life, there are two powers; and one is used to overcome another. On the mental level, the power of thought or the power of right thinking is used to overcome error. But this is not true on the spiritual level. On the spiritual level, there is but one power. Therefore, you must recognize that what is presenting itself to you is neither presence nor power: it has no law, no substance, no activity, and no reality. Therefore, no struggle with it is necessary. "Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will show to you today." 1 There is no battle on the spiritual level because spiritual vision recognizes that whatever the power may appear to be, it is only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n Through Daily Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 10, Dominion
- Chapter Ten Dominion In the beginning God gave us dominion, an unlimited dominion over everything between the skies and the bottom of the seas. That dominion is never dominion over anything or anybody. It is always a dominion over ourselves, and when the Bible says that God gave us dominion over everything in the earth, above the earth, and beneath the earth, it means that we have dominion over our consciousness and over everything within our consciousness. Since the entire universe exists within our consciousness, by having dominion over ourselves, we automatically have dominion over everything that pertains to our lives. We Have Surrendered the Dominion Given Us This dominion that was given to us in the beginning, we have completely lost, not partially but completely. As human beings, we have no dominion over the weather, the climate, food, or over germs. We should have, but we do not have, because we voluntarily surrender our dominion and freedom for a temporary moment of peace. One of the men most responsible for the freedoms we have in the United States and one to whom we owe the most, Thomas Jefferson, said that democracy must in the end fail, that people will lose their freedom; they will surrender it; and they have. Gradually, bit by bit, we have let somebody come along and take our freedom from us, and always the reason is the same, a little temporary peace. We could go through one phase after another of our life and watch how we have surrendered certain privileges and certain liberties. Even in our home life, we do that, that is, the human world does. If there is one dominating member of a family, gradually all the others will surrender a little here and a little there, until the one with the most dominating personality is running the whole nest. Dominion is something that is given to us by God, and therefore we always have it. It has never been taken away from us. The only thing that has been taken away from us is the exercise of our dominion, and that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...First_ Chapter 10, Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 4, When We Are Tempted By Good And Evil
- IV when we are tempted by good and evil I HAVE KNOWN FROM the beginning that we were deal- ing with a spiritual universe and that the evil in it wasn't real, but I never knew why, nor did I know how we came into this state of being out of Eden until the revelation came. The revelation came in those passages where God said, "Who told you that you were naked?" 1 And then I knew that something was wrong. Then, when it said, "the knowledge of good and evil," 2 and Adam and Eve were thrown out of Eden-that gave me the whole secret. Eden represents our spiritual domain. Eden represents the state of harmony or heaven. Eden represents our immortality, our state of divine being. What threw us out of that into what the Master called "this world"? 3 There it is, as plain as anyone can read: the knowledge of good and evil-that's what did it. For weeks I didn't get over the shaking that I got from the intensity of that revelation-that the cause of all the trouble on the face of the earth is the belief in good and evil; nobody can stay in the Garden of Eden, of harmony, of perfection, while they are accepting in their mind the belief of good and evil. But everybody can go back into Eden and be pure, and have lives by grace, not by the sweat of the brow; by grace, by the gift of God, by giving up the belief of good and evil; by being willing to concede that there's no good man on earth and no bad one; no good woman on earth, no bad one; no good child on earth, no bad one. There is neither good nor bad. Thinking would make it so. Yes, you can decide that this is good, and the other one can decide that is good. You can decide this is evil, and the other one can decide that is evil. But you withdraw your estimate, your opinion, your concept, and declare that "in all of heaven and earth, nothing is good or evil-only God Itself, the Invisible, is the all-good; nothing visible, nothing that you can see, hear, taste, touch, or smell is good, nor is it evil, nor has it any qualities like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 4.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1957, Major Principles of The Infinite Way
- ... You will always know a Christly man or woman because those who touch them on life's highway find life eternal, health, and wholeness, and receive spiritual blessings through their contact with these men and women. The Nature of Prayer To understand the nature of God in this way and to understand the Christ- mission must, of course, reveal to you the nature of prayer. Now, you can no longer pray for anything, but must confine your prayers to asking, seeking, and knocking for spiritual wisdom, spiritual guidance, spiritual bread, wine, and water. When you learn to turn to the Father for the revelation of God in your experience-for the actual demonstration of God in your experience-then, and only then, are you beginning to understand the nature of prayer. It is important while studying the nature of prayer to read the New Testament very carefully and to note that the Master makes it more important that we pray for our enemies than that we pray for our friends. There is a reason for this. You see, understanding and forgiveness are two of the major qualities of Christ- consciousness. For this reason, the Master taught that we are to forgive seventy times seven and that we must forgive our enemies, those who oppress us and those who hate us and despitefully use us. And so until we learn to pray for our enemies and to forgive them, we are really not praying in the sense of prayer as revealed by the great Master. As you read what I am saying to you about the nature of God, the nature of the Christ-mission, and the nature of prayer; it is almost certain that you are pausing at the end of every paragraph to read over again what is written and probably to weigh the meaning of what you have read. If so, you are beginning to meditate, to ponder, and to dwell on truth and in truth; you are obeying the Ninety-first Psalm: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High," and to him, of course, come none of earth's tragedies. While you are thus pondering within yourself the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciples of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 155K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Five, The Two Ways of I
- CHAPTER FIVE THE TWO WAYS OF I Those of you who are on the spiritual path are living in two worlds, the material and the spiritual. It may be that some of you at the moment are experiencing very little of the spiritual world, but surely you do occasionally catch glimpses of it in or after a meditation. The experience of this expanded consciousness may come, too, when you have asked for help, have been temporarily lifted out of yourself- out of your problems or out of your body-and for a brief second have caught a glimpse of a consciousness beyond that of the "natural man,"1 the man who never enters heaven, never receives a blessing from God, and is never under the law of God. The consciousness of the natural man is just a branch of a tree that is cut off and is withering, gradually approaching threescore years and ten-a few more or a few less-never even suspecting that there is another realm. While in the consciousness of the natural man, something within turns you in the direction of a spiritual teaching, and if this teaching happens to be the Infinite Way, you are led not merely through some principles of metaphysics, but into the practice of principles that must eventually result in meditation. It is in meditation that this glimpse of the spiritual kingdom is given to you, because in meditation you are not seeking things. You are not seeking health, prosperity, or companionship: you are seeking the kingdom of God, and "in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh,"2 the Christ reveals Itself, and spiritual grace takes over. It might be a momentary glimpse which leaves you for days and does not return, but if you are really determined to follow this path you will keep at it until that awareness does return, not once but again and again. The more often you seek it and the more often you attain it, the closer you are to that place where you are living more in the kingdom of God than in the world. THE LIGHT IS GIVEN TO BE A LIGHT Sometimes people think that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter Five, The Two Ways of I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 97K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter I, The Two Worlds
- CHAPTER I THE TWO WORLDS There are two worlds. There is "this world," and there is "My kingdom." There is the world that we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, the world that we live in, in our business and in our home with our family; and there is the world within, where we live when the Christ has been raised up in us, the world inside our consciousness where we are alone with God and where we tabernacle with the son of God in us. On one hand, there is the mortal man, and on the other, the spiritual son of God. Paul, who was spiritually and inwardly taught by the Master, described mortal man as the "creature," the "natural man" who "receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"; and explained that "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Until we learn about the man who has his being in Christ-the man we must become-we are that "natural man," that "creature," that mortal who must put off mortality, that man who must "die daily." Progress on the spiritual path will be much more rapid once it is understood that this human or mortal man, this "creature," the "natural man," is entirely cut off from God, is never under the law or protection of God, and is never governed or sustained by God. If he were, could there be murder, rape, arson, or war? Could there be death if man were God-governed? Could there be disease? Could an airplane go hurtling out of the sky to kill all the people in it? If man were God-governed, would not disease have diminished? But has it not rather increased? For every disease that has been brought under control, have not two new ones, more deadly than the old, made their appearance? Yet every day millions upon millions of prayers go up to God; and then when a solution to the problems of the ills of the flesh comes, does it come from God or from a bottle of medicine, an antibiotic, or a new surgical discovery? Do not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter I, The Two Worlds.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 83K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes for the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the nonpower of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 149K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 2, The Meaning of Living Spiritually
- ... Therefore, whatever we are seeking in life, we must stop seeking for and come into the agreement that it already exists within our own being. Then, as in the experience of the widow with the cruse of oil, the cruse never runs dry, even though in the beginning our material sense perceives that we have only a few drops.9 But the cruse of oil did not fail. A spiritual master sees what the materialist can never see, and that is the infinite unfailing source of supply once we begin to let it flow. This is true of every area of our experience. It is true of forgiveness. Let nobody expect forgiveness, because there is no God to give it to him. Forgiveness has to come from within a person's own being, and then it comes back to him. "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."10 There it is clear as a bell for everyone to see, to read, to hear. Our debts, or our sins, are forgiven in proportion as we learn to forgive. Do we need companionship? We cannot get it. There is no way under the sun to demonstrate companionship, because it ... The Master very clearly says, "I can of mine own self do nothing." So all the words and thoughts that we repeat have no effect whatsoever on the problem or on the condition. The effect is to lift us into a higher atmosphere where fear and concern disappear and we are then ready to enter that silence which is meditation. We are ready to listen for the "still small voice" to receive the inner assurance of God's grace. Then the healing takes place, harmony appears, employment is found, supply, the overcoming or the forgiveness of sin. It is not you or I as human beings who can forgive sin. It is not you or I who can ever counsel or give advice to anybody on his human problems. But we can be still and we can let the inner assurance of divine grace come, and then it will bring the advice or counsel needed, the guidance and direction. It will bring healing, harmony, and whatever form of good may be necessary at the moment. For too long, too many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aning of Living Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 10, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- ~ 10 ~ AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME Truth received and embodied in consciousness eventually becomes known throughout the world without any human effort or human striving. By abiding with truth within oneself, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as you might like to have it happen, but you must learn that in the realm of truth "a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past," 1 and one day as a thousand years. There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made. Then suddenly more progress is made in one day than in the preceding thousand years. An Idea in Consciousness Must Manifest Itself The process of consciousness coming into expression in changing and better forms is a painfully slow one, and in religion the world has been more backward than in almost any other area of human experience. Until after the middle of the nineteenth century, religion in the Western World was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest bit of light. But in the middle of the nineteenth century, some of the Oriental Scriptures were translated into English and German and later into French, although it was in England and in Germany that they took root and the first spiritual light began to dawn. Then, in the United States, there was the period of the Transcendentalists in New England and the founding of Christian Science and Unity. All these were the light casting its shadow into visibility and prophesying things to come. "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come," 2 and the idea of freedom, liberty, justice, and equality is an idea whose time has come in this age. Colonialism, the holding in bondage of one people over another, has to go. Nothing today can stop the breaking down of racial, religious, and nationalistic prejudice. Unfortunately, the world, not knowing how to achieve this by spiritual means, has had recourse only to the human means of force. To ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents