The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter V, Love Thy Neighbor
- ... If we are harboring within us personal animosity, or if we are indulging in national or religious hatred, prejudice, or bigotry, our prayers are worthless. We must go to God with clean hands in order to pray, and to approach God with clean hands, we must relinquish our animosities. Within ourselves, we must first of all pray the prayer of forgiveness for those who have offended us, since they know not what they do; and secondly, acknowledge within ourselves: "I stand in relationship to God as a son, and therefore, I stand in relationship to every man as a brother." When we have established that state of purity within ourselves, then we can ask the Father: Give me grace; give me understanding; give me peace; give me this day my daily bread-give me this day spiritual bread, spiritual understanding. Give me forgiveness, even for those harmless trespasses which I have unwittingly committed. The person who turns within for light, for grace, for understanding, and for forgiveness never fails in his prayers. The law of God is the law of love, the law of loving our enemies-not fearing them, not hating them, but loving them. No matter what an individual does to us, we are not to strike back. To resist evil, to retaliate, or to seek revenge is to acknowledge evil as reality. If we resist evil, if we refute ... Let us never accept a human being into our consciousness who needs healing, employing, or enriching because if we do, we are his enemy instead of his friend. If there is any man, woman, or child we believe to be sick, sinning, or dying, let us do no praying until we have made peace with that brother. The peace we must make with that brother is to ask forgiveness for making the mistake of sitting in judgment on any individual because everyone is God in expression. All is God manifested. God alone constitutes this universe; God constitutes the life, the mind, and the Soul of every individual. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor" has a much broader ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Love Thy Neighbor.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter X, The Vision to Behold
- CHAPTER X THE VISION TO BEHOLD In the beginning in the Edenic days, man was complete, whole, and harmonious- one with God. By the grace of God everything flourished, and there was peace. What man is now striving to attain in his search for God is the re-establishment of that Edenic state of complete peace and harmony, a state in which we are not at war with one another, but in love with one another; a state in which we do not deprive others, but share and give to others. The hope of man has been that by finding some supernatural power he would be able to recapture that state of bliss on earth. It must be clear to every thinking person, however, that in his attempt to find harmony, man has been searching in the wrong way and in the wrong place. Individual harmony and world peace will never be established by searching for some supernatural power. Man's need is to re-establish himself in his original Edenic estate which is oneness with God. Hundreds of years of frustration and failure should have proved to the world that it is not the work of a God to do this for us: It is our work to do it for ourselves by establishing that original relationship of oneness. The Master said, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free." Nowhere does he indicate that this is God's responsibility. Time and time again he reiterates that it is our responsibility: "Ye shall know the truth . . . Ye shall love the Lord thy God . . . Ye shall love thy neighbor as thyself . . . Ye shall pray for the enemy . . . Ye shall forgive seventy times seven . . . Ye shall bring the tithes into the storehouse." In no place and at no time does he place the responsibility for our sense of separation from God upon God, but upon us. To us is addressed the entire teaching of Jesus Christ-not to God, to us. Lest, however, we should flounder, the Master has given us the way, the where, the when, and the how of this demonstration of unity: The way is prayer; the where is the kingdom of God within ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter X, The Vision to Behold.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 12, Mind and Its Idea One
- ~ 12 ~ MIND AND ITS IDEA ONE Mind and its idea, life and its expression, these are one, inseparable and indivisible. The continuity of life is maintained by infinite and eternal law, or principle. The Son of God is forever one with the Father. That which God has created is forever manifested. In other words, life cannot be deprived of its manifestation; spirit cannot lose its formations, mind cannot be separated from its ideas; love always expresses itself, and the varied expressions of love are eternal and immortal. This is true of God and man, of God and his activity. God, life, truth, love, harmony, perfection, all these are infinite in being and in manifestation. Error, evil, disease are appearances without entity or identity, without presence or power, without law, action, volition, or continuity. Having no law to enforce them, they have no being; having no cause or creator, they do not exist as effect. Infinite life, its activity and harmony are eternally expressed as God's manifested being-man and the universe. There is not a single element of error, discord, or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, in spirit or its formations, in life or its expressions. This is the law of life and the law of mind-the ever-operating law of good. It reveals the reality of being, dispelling the false appearances of sense. This is the law unto you. The basic premise of Christian Science is that God is infinite being and that man is that being expressed in all its perfection and harmony. Therefore, a sick, sinning, evil, unkind, ungenerous man has no existence anywhere at any time, and the belief that there is such a man must be overcome in your thought. "Man is the expression of God's being" 1 -"God is infinite, therefore ever present, and there is no other power nor presence." 2 It follows, then, that you are being called upon to refute the testimony of the senses and to behold "in Science the perfect man . . . where sinning mortal man appears to mortals." 3 This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 12, Mind and Its Idea One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 100K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 6, The Realm of Spirit
- ... The only way we can dissolve them into the eternal now is to rise above the human way, the human mind, the human will, the human soul or consciousness into the Divine, and there become so at-one with It that It becomes our awareness-It becomes us. It is for this reason that I ask those who are serious students of The Infinite Way to meditate not less than three times a day. In the chapter entitled "Meditation" in the book The Infinite Way, there is an outline of some process of thought that should engage us from the first moment when we awaken in the morning. I recommend that before anyone steps his foot out of bed that he lie there for one, two, three or five minutes and ponder the idea of the omnipresence of God. "Here where I am, God is. Here, in the beginning of this new day, God takes over. Here God becomes the directing influence of my day. I dedicate this day to the work of the Father; I dedicate this day to the life of the Father. In this day I hold within myself no condemnation, no criticism, no judgment, no faultfinding, but insofar as it lies within my power-love, forgiveness, understanding and co- operation. I dedicate this day to maintaining the integrity of my own being, and I promise myself that insofar as I am given Grace, I will not violate my own integrity, my own higher sense of right." While we are making our physical preparations for the day, there is no reason why we should give thought to the problems of the day. Sufficient unto the hour is the evil of the hour. While we are making our preparations we can again contemplate the idea of God-the idea of God being the only presence and the only power; the idea that only God can bring something to our attention during the day; the idea that only God will be active in us, or in those we contact during the day. Then, instead of saying grace, we teach that we are never to eat a bite or drink a drop without at least blinking the eyes as a conscious "Thank you, Father." We take nothing for granted. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 6, The Realm of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 3, God Revealing the Infinity of Being
- ~ 3 ~ GOD REVEALING THE INFINITY OF BEING The words of wise men are heard in quiet more than the cry of him that ruleth among fools. Ecclesiastes 9:17 We are surrounded at all times by what Scripture calls "angels," which hover about us always. Within us are those divine ideas or spiritual impulses which guide, lead, and direct us, even though as human beings we are not aware of them. As human beings, brought up with the ordinary church experience or with no church at all, we are not aware of the fact that we are constantly under divine government, divine guidance. In reality we are under the law of the Spirit of God, and under the spirit of the law of God. In practice, we walk around like the Prodigal, thinking, "I, of mine own self, am something and I am going out into the world to make a name for myself, to earn a living for myself, and to become something great of and by myself." Thereby, we set up a counterfeit identity and develop concern about the health, wealth, success, and contacts of this counterfeit identity. Yet, all the time, even though probably we have never thought of it, we have been completely surrounded by an atmosphere of love and completely enveloped in divine Being. As a matter of fact, we are divine Being. We are the Father-consciousness Itself, but we have walked about in the world, believing that consciousness to be something small, finite, insignificant, and unimportant. The purpose of this ministry is to bring us back to the Father's house, back to a consciousness of the presence and power of God. We are in this work but for one purpose-to be led back to the kingdom of our own consciousness in which God is manifested as divine wisdom, as divine love, as life, truth, permanence, immortality, and eternality. Synonyms for God For a moment, let us consider the synonyms for God, taking just a few with which we are familiar. We know God as infinite being, and therefore, we take each of the synonyms for God as representing the allness and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aling the Infinity of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 146K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Six, I Am the Vine
- What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could our own child do anything that would change our love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, how much more love is pouring forth from our heavenly Father! Can we accept the fact that God is love, not God is love if we behave in a certain way, or not just when we are worthy and deserving? Can we accept the fact that God is love, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did he at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did he ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did he, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in his ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration, or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: Since God is love, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn the electricity on or off and we can turn the water on or off, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. God is, and God is love in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider the principle: God is life. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. God is life. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, or a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words "I," "me," and "you" enter the picture, and we say my life or your life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Six, I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 114K
Find Similar Documents