The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 2, God and Prayer
- ... If we have a God of omniscience, we refrain from trying to influence Him. With a God of omnipotence, we can release God and stop looking to Him to do something. We do not pray to God to have the sun come up in the morning or to have the sun go down at night. No, we know that God appearing in the form of the operation of nature governs all phenomena of nature. Some persons, however, mistakenly speak to God and say, "God, You do not know that Mr. Jones is hungry, Mrs. Brown is poor, and Mrs. Smith is sick, so I am begging and pleading with You to do something for them." As a matter of fact, why should God? Why encourage a person to pray to God for something without first sufficiently enlightening him that he will not get any answer unless he changes? Preparation To Receive God's Grace There must be a fitness to receive the things of God. When a person reaches the point where he cries out, "Oh, Christ cleanse me, purify me"-not "Christ, save me from being killed"-that is the preparation for forgiveness. That is what happened to the woman taken in adultery who received God's grace after she had given up her adulterous ways and had obviously so reached the end of the road that she pleaded, "Oh, Christ!" Then her sins were forgiven. The thief on the cross received God's grace because he was reaching out for the Christ. If he had reached out for the Christ and Jesus had not been there, somebody else would have been, because no one can seriously want to be purified or made whole without the Christ appearing as a man, a woman, a book, a teacher, or a teaching. If none of those is available, somebody will be raised up to let the person reaching out know that something closer to him than breathing will release him. Why? The spirit of God is in him. There is no spirit of God separate from the spirit of man. In the absolute sense, God is omnipresent, but God is only omnipresent as the consciousness of individual being. Therefore, if there is one person in a room with a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 2, God and Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 12, Living By Prayer
- ~ 12 ~ LIVING BY PRAYER TO LIVE BY PRAYER means to reach a state of consciousness where we come into conscious oneness with the Presence, that inner Source, and live without taking thought, without struggle, and without striving. Prayer is undoubtedly the highest way of life there is. It was the way of the Master who not only lived by prayer, but often went away for forty days and forty nights of prayer. Prayer can be a hymn of gratitude that the kingdom of God, all the Father has, was established within us from the beginning. Prayer can be a recognition of our relationship with God as heir of God and joint-heir to all the heavenly riches. Prayer can be the recognition of the spiritual nature of the child of God and the spiritual nature of creation. One thing prayer must not be: it must not be a going to a God of Spirit and asking for something material. If prayer is to bear fruit, It must be a recognition of the omnipresence of spiritual good, but that does not mean expecting that prayer to be answered in terms of a new house or a new automobile. A life of prayer is a continuous recognition of the spiritual nature of God, the child of God, and the universe of God. Prayer must be a recognition of the spiritual nature of all law as being of God, and therefore spiritual, good, and full of justice. This breaks any bondage to material, mental, medical, or legal laws. Prayer is an attitude of listening. Prayer is a recognition that we do not live by anything in the material realm. Prayer is an awareness that God is not in the whirlwind, and by whirlwind we mean any of the physical manifestations of error or discord. God is not in sin, disease, or accidents: God is in the "still small voice." 1 If we want to experience the presence of God, is there any other way of attaining it than by recognizing that we must hear the "still small voice"? When we hear It, we receive some spiritual awareness. It does not necessarily mean an audible message, but every time that we receive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, Living By Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 7, 1963, Healing: To Know God Aright
- HEALING: TO KNOW GOD ARIGHT April 7, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii RELIGION IS A THING of the heart, and yet without some specific knowledge that is an activity of the mind, it is impossible to complete the religious life. The religious life has nothing to do with the church. Sometimes it may be found in a church, but a church is not necessary for religion because there are religious people in places where there are no churches. Religion is of the heart, and no one is religious except as the heart moves them toward it. That is why it is impossible to give anyone religion or a religious instinct. This is something that takes place within an individual at a certain period of his or her "ripeness." Sometimes in the Orient people use that very word "ripeness," or they speak of an individual being ripe or not ripe, and always it means the same thing-ready for the spiritual experience. Some can have this religious instinct and pursue it and yet not fulfill themselves, unless somewhere along the line certain aspects of the religious life are revealed in one way or another, which make it possible to attain illumination, attain fulfillment, attain that "peace that passeth understanding." One of these principles or facets you will quickly recognize. It is impossible to attain inner peace as long as you think of God as something separate and apart from yourself. Even if you have God "close to you" or "near you" or "caring for you," you still have missed the mark because God is the Self of you, your very own inner being, your very consciousness. Until you come into that awareness, there will always be an uncertainty or doubt, an incomplete relaxing in God. In the same way, you can never attain God realization while God remains a power, while you are looking to God to do something to someone or something. No, you cannot then be in God and at-one with God because there is no such God. That false image of God would always be a barrier. In The Infinite Way you will find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Healing_ To Know God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 3, Bringing Our Gift To The Altar
- It does not mean that we attempt to compel them to be on good terms with us; it means that we, in our hearts, bear no grievance toward anyone. To pray for someone else's forgiveness has no power, insofar as influencing God in our behalf, but praying for our enemies is a release to us. It is an acknowledgment that we have held somebody in bondage to a wrong and, therefore, it is really asking for our own forgiveness. ... As we are shown the things about ourselves that require correction, we enter into the spirit of forgiveness. We cannot attain the realization of God without making of ourselves a fitting temple to receive God. This does ... They know not what they do. I pray that Thy grace fill their hearts and Thy forgiveness touch their lives. ATTAINING THE ATTITUDE AND ALTITUDE OF PRAYER Prayer which takes an attitude of praying for the world and reaches that high altitude of forgiveness and of praying for the enemy is a way of life. An attitude of forgiveness and the altitude that comes from praying for the enemy must be reached in order that we may be unselfed, because only in being ... We do not condone his faults; we do not agree that he should go on in his evil ways. We understand that all evil is the product of ignorance, and therefore we pray for his forgiveness. When we live in that attitude toward ... PRAYING WITH AN UNCONDITIONED MIND We should never permit ourselves to be defiled by thinking defiling thoughts of others. Toward those whom we see in what we think of as sin, our attitude must always be one of forgiveness... RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL THROUGH THE REVELATION OF SPIRITUAL IDENTITY As we rise into the consciousness of this truth and know it, it frees us from the belief that we are human beings in need of forgiveness. It frees us ... It is not the love that comes to us from God; it is not the love that comes to us from other persons, high or low. The Master taught that love must be expressed in forgiveness, in praying for the enemy, and in all forms of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nging Our Gift To The Altar.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 7, The Practicality of Illumination
- Chapter Seven The Practicality of Illumination The spiritual path is a difficult one, without any question. The Master warned about that when he said, "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." 1 Indeed, very few! The spiritual path is difficult because ever since the fall of man, that is, since man entered into a material state of consciousness, his attention has been centered on worldly pleasures and profits. From the earliest days of humanhood, dependence has been placed on might and power-bows and arrows, swords, dynamite, gunpowder, walls, barricades, fortresses-all for the protection of life and property. Over the centuries a material state of consciousness has developed, a consciousness seeking always for something out in the world to supply satisfaction, safety, security, peace, supply, and health. When the transition is made to the spiritual path, all this has to be reversed, and that is what is called "dying daily," being reborn, surrendering, giving, or yielding one's self to God-nonattachment as it is called in Oriental teaching. All this, however, must not be misunderstood. It does not mean that we do not eat or require food; it does not imply that there is anything wrong with wealth or health. All these are implicit on the spiritual path, but without attachment or dependence on them. Transferring Reliance from the Visible to the Invisible On the spiritual path, all attention is transferred from the visible to the invisible, and it has been taught by the Master in this way: I have meat to eat that ye know not of. John 4:32 I am the bread of life. John 6:35 I am the resurrection, and the life. John 11:25 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Matthew 4:4 I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. John 10:10 It is not that we claim that protection, food, clothing, and housing are unnecessary, that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...racticality of Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 126K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 21, 1963, Resting In Consciousness
- RESTING IN CONSCIOUSNESS April 21, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I THINK I AM GOING to make a suggestion. Mentally relax, and take the attitude that you are not going to try to understand what I will say. Instead, let my words be like seeds dropped into your consciousness and then let them mature. Get away from any mental efforts to understand, because I am going to try to say something that will not lend itself to being understood. Since this is just another in the long series that we have had, every one of these Sunday talks has been leading up to this, so that it will be a cumulative effect. It is not as if each one of these Sunday talks were separate and by itself, but they form a continuity and this makes a cumulative effect. Today should be a logical follow up and, since what has gone before has formed the consciousness with which you hear today, it will be better if you relax, let my words fall on your ears, and then let happen whatever may. You will not lose anything by it even if you do not remember, because when the seeds break open and take root, the message will reveal itself to you as if you had never heard it before. It is like a student who just wrote me that, after studying for ten years, he had had the most wonderful revelation that there is no power in effect. To him it was as though it was an original revelation and that is good, because it came from within and established itself. During all of these weeks, the nature of the message has been to reveal God as your individual consciousness. To be able to realize that enables you to sit back as comfortably, as joyously and confidently as a baby sitting on its mother's lap. You know the baby is in heaven because it has its only God right there. Its mother is that; mother is protection, food, clothing, housing, and she is love in every form. And so it is, to glimpse God as your consciousness enables you to relax and rest, and "live and move and have your being" in him. All the responsibility ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Resting In Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 1, Invisible Selfhood
- In other words, I, even as Jesus or even as Joel, am linked up with the invisible Selfhood so that the Selfhood of me is the Allness of me, and it is It which doeth the works. However, it is not an It out there, not an It up there; it is an It that is my very being. Therefore to come into the completeness, into the fulfillment, of the Christ experience is to know the nature of God aright-to know that you are not dealing with a figure that you have to beg from, plead with, worship, and fear; not one that you have to be afraid of, that you have to sacrifice to or for. Know this Truth: that you are dealing with Life itself, always in expression. You are dealing with pure Life, a Life-being that is too pure to hold you responsible for even the sins of omission or commission. Therefore release yourself from these complexes and realize that in the instant that you understand God as your true Being, you begin to purify your own consciousness so that the state of consciousness that enables you to do wrong no longer exists. In that there is the forgiveness, and only in that. While we have the capacity to repeat our sins, we are in the position the Master spoke of when He said, "Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." He recognized that even though He lifted up the sinner to a certain extent, they still had the capacity to go and sin again. They had not completely received the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, and that was a task that each individual had to do themselves. Any spiritual practitioner or teacher can forgive you your sins and release you from the penalty, but it only lasts a short time, because you still have the capacity to return to that same state of consciousness and to perform the same actions, or thoughts, or deeds. Dwell in this conscious realization of an indwelling Presence: "I can do all things through Christ"; "I can do all things through Christ which dwelleth in me. I can do all things through the indwelling Spirit." If it so be the Spirit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Invisible Selfhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 4, The Hidden Kingdom
- Chapter Four The Hidden Kingdom We have been erroneously taught to pray to God for things like money, automobiles, homes, companionship, marriage, or divorce, and that, under certain circumstances, God will grant our requests. We have also been taught that we can pray for peace on earth, while at the same time our armies are out fighting, using the most sophisticated and deadly weapons. When the metaphysical movement began, this type of petitionary prayer was changed into an affirmative type by which we hoped to accomplish better results. We became convinced that if we just made the right declarations, we not only could get an automobile, but we could name the particular make of car we wanted. We not only could get a home, but we could select the climate in which the home should be located. We could pray for a wife or a husband and could even pray for a divorce. All things, we were told, are possible to God, if we just used the right combination of words and thoughts. To a God of Spirit, Pray Only for Spiritual Things Certainly, this new type of prayer has not been any more successful than the old form of prayer. One element was forgotten, one! "God is a spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." 1 We must take no thought for anything of a material nature, not for what we should eat, what we should drink, or with what we should be clothed. That includes taking no thought for money, because it is money that brings us food, clothing, and housing. When we pray, let it be "Give us this day our daily bread," 2 meaning, give us Grace for today, give us Thy substance, Thy truth, Thy word. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." 3 So we must pray for that Word. The Word is incorporeal and spiritual, but somehow, when we pray for the Word, the bread comes, and the meat, the wine, the water, the clothing, and the housing. God is spirit, and if we ask anything of God-not in the name of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, The Hidden Kingdom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 121K
Find Similar Documents