Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Gratitude
- Gratitude THE MEANING OF GRATITUDE IT HAS BEEN SAID that "By their works ye shall know them." This truth applies most aptly to Gratitude. Gratitude reflects itself in works. The higher the concept of Gratitude . . . the greater the works of the Being reflecting that Gratitude. The act of expressing Gratitude is in truth the act of recognizing and acknowledging (within yourself) the Source of all your good . . . which is God. It is impossible to express Gratitude without expressing Love, as they are both components of God and, therefore, inseparable from God. Gratitude is akin to Love. Gratitude, like Love, is God expressing Itself through man as man. It is impossible to love without expressing some degree of God through your consciousness, and so it is, also, with Gratitude. It is impossible to BE grateful without expressing some degree of God while you are BEING grateful, for Gratitude is of God . . . not of man. Gratitude has a meaning far beyond the word gratitude, itself, or even any idea connected with gratitude. It goes deep into the reality of being. Gratitude, as it is generally understood, of course, is an outpouring in appreciation for that which we have received. Gratitude SEEMS to express our appreciation for benefits received but, actually, such is not the Truth about Gratitude. The Truth about Gratitude is this . . . you cannot be grateful and you cannot be ungrateful. It does not lie within the power of any individual to be grateful or to express gratitude . . . nor does it lie within the power of anyone to withhold gratitude. GRATITUDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MAN. Gratitude is one of the many phases or aspects of Love . . . and Love is God . . . therefore, Gratitude is really a form of God activity or God expression. It is, therefore, true that ONLY God can express Love . . . ONLY God can express Gratitude. We can only be the vehicles through which God pours Itself as Love or as Gratitude. GRATITUDE AS RELATED TO SUPPLY GRATITUDE IS CLOSELY AKIN to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Joel Goldsmith_ Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 16, 1963, I-That Is All
- I - THAT IS ALL June 16, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. First of all, to those of you who are here with us today for the first time, may I welcome you for myself and for all of us in this group. You may perhaps know that we of The Infinite Way activity do not advertise or proselyte in any way, and there is a reason for this. We recognize the fact that we really have nothing to give, except to those who are led to receive it. In other words, whether or not you receive anything at all from the message of The Infinite Way is not up to us; it is strictly a matter of your own consciousness. You either recognize, receive, and respond to this message, or you do not. There is no power in the message itself, the power is in your consciousness. If the power were in the message itself, the entire world could be saved. We have been offered a gift of ten million dollars to put this message on television across the whole of the United States, but I cannot accept the gift because I do not believe the message in and of itself has that power. Only the consciousness of the individual is power, and whether a message meets your need depends upon whether or not you are receptive or responsive to it. In the same way we could take the music of Beethoven, Brahms, or Bach, or the literature of Shakespeare. They are masterpieces, but does the world enjoy them? No, only those persons in the world can enjoy them who are responsive to that level of consciousness. To others these masters have no value. We have great religious masters-Gautama the Buddha, Nanak, Christ Jesus-and we have many modern mystics from the 12th century to the present. You will notice that they are not saving the world, but they are contributing towards saving thousands of individuals who can receive them. You who may be young students of The Infinite Way will certainly find us pleasant to associate with, although we are disciplinarians. We have no rules set down for the conduct of others, but we are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne 16, 1963, I--That Is All.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 120K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 1, Individual Unfoldment of Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ INDIVIDUAL UNFOLDMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS The primary mission of The Infinite Way is inner unfoldment, the revelation of truth from within our own being. The written word is the least important part of this work; that which is not written or spoken is the greater teaching. Human teachers are but temporary helps on the way. Only from within comes the illumination which makes it possible for some to heal and to be able to teach that "the kingdom of God is within you" 1 and that you are the fulfillment of God. The real teacher receives inspiration and illumination and is able to impart these only because he has the realization that "I can of mine own self do nothing 2 . . . the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 3 Therefore, this "Father within" comes as an impersonal presence to awaken the receptive thought to the divinity of the individual. "And they shall be all taught of God." 4 My conscious oneness with God makes me one with all those who are able to receive the Word at this level of consciousness. Your conscious oneness with God makes you receptive and responsive to all truth. Wherever there is a receptive thought, God speaks. Wherever spiritual being is manifested, God is present. Since God manifests and expresses its own being as you, you are as infinite as God-not just a little portion of God. God does not divide itself, but manifests, expresses, reveals, unfolds, and discloses itself as you and as me. It is a state of Christ-consciousness in which God speaks, God moves, God acts. When I speak or write about the letter of truth, that is the least part of the activity which is going on in my consciousness. Always, as a teacher of truth, my consciousness is alert and awake and transcends anything concerning the letter of truth which I might impart. That consciousness, which is the divinity of my being, is also the divinity of your being; it is the divine consciousness of you and is arousing you to an awareness of its own divine qualities, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfoldment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 14, I the Lord Have Called Thee
- ~ 14 ~ "I THE LORD HAVE CALLED THEE" Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:1-5: 10, 11 Do you see that the conviction that has to come to each one of us is that because the he, the it, the I of our being is the power, not one of us can fail? Do you see how there is no way for us to gain confidence or to lose fear until that moment of transition when we inwardly sense that he has that power, and because he has that power, we cannot fail? Do you see how this brings out, not only a sense of humility, it brings out the realization-not a quotation in a book, but the realization-that there is a "he." Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Isaiah 40:28-30 Even the young, who depend on their muscles, who depend on their vitality or their youth, even they will come face to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I the Lord Have Called Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 15, A Great Secret
- ... Since God Is from everlasting to everlasting, the nature of God must be eternity, infinity. There could be nothing in the nature of God that would shorten the life of man or the universe; therefore the life of man must be eternal and immortal. So right here you have no punishment -because all of our sins and diseases and deaths are supposed to be due to punishment. All our accidents, all the evils that befall us, are supposed to be due to punishment of one nature or another. "God's will" it is called-"God's will" that an airplane collapses with a hundred people on board, "God's will" that a steamship burns at sea or hits an iceberg. Do you not see that this was not in the original teaching of Jesus Christ? Do you not see that if you go back to the Gospels, you cannot find that God destroys life for any reason, since Jesus' mission was to raise the dead, to do the works of God, to show forth eternal life? His mission was to heal the sick and even to forgive the sinners. So God could not have provided both a punishment for sinners and forgiveness at the same time. Therefore if you go back to the basic teaching of Jesus Christ, you will discover that there is no punishment through God, no reward through God, and that it is "As you sow, so shall you reap." Of course, when you turn to the Oriental teachings where they have karma, you will also discover that it is your sowing that results in your reaping, and your reaping goes on until the sowing changes. If you can catch solidly and firmly this revelation in The Thunder of Silence and actually bear witness to the fact or come to a conviction within yourself, and can leave God right out of your calculations, out of your thinking, as far as your rewards and punishments are concerned, or your health or sickness, or your life and death-see if you cannot grasp this principle that "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." Then make the acknowledgment, "Regardless of where I am in life, regardless of what experience I may now be having: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 15, A Great Secret.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 17, The Power of Truth
- CHAPTER 17 The Power of Truth WE ARE all brothers and sisters, we are One, and we are one Family. All that my Father hath is yours, the same as all that my Father hath is mine-because it is the same Father speaking to the same Son, which you are and which I am. The moment I see that this is your relationship, do you not realize there is a bond between us? I did not establish that bond nor did you. God established that bond. However, I recognize it and have brought myself into obedience to it and to oneness with it, and now this Law of the Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of man is in operation in my life. By my perceiving this, not only my attitude to you changes, but your attitude to me changes. Remember, I am speaking of everyone in this world. So even when I go out into the world of strangers, into the hotels, into the airports, into the publishing market, into the business world or any other, just think what happens in my recognition that all these people are offspring of God-my brothers and my sisters. I have this feeling toward them, and can you not see what feeling must come back to me? It is better than an insurance policy, I promise you; much better. This is because the love that is poured out must come back. It has to; it's continuously like "bread cast upon the waters": it goes out, true, but the next tide brings it back. So it is that this love that is poured out-and you must see the nature of this love-is a love that is Truth, really. This Truth I am pouring out in the recognition of you as my brother or my sister, child of my Father. It compels me to treat you honorably. It compels me not to act towards you in any manner that I wouldn't act towards a member of my household. It compels me because you are of my household. The fact that we live under different roofs has nothing to do with it. Lots of my family live under different roofs. It doesn't change our relationship. Now, this very love that I am pouring out, this very Truth of being, you can ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 17, The Power of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 18, Gratitude - A Spiritual Interpretation of Holidays
- ~ 18 ~ GRATITUDE: A SPIRITUAL INTERPRETATION OF HOLIDAYS Question: Will you speak on the subject of holidays, how they are to be interpreted and observed from a spiritual standpoint, as for instance, Thanksgiving? Of course this would include Christmas, or the Fourth of July, or the Presidents' birthdays. Answer: This is really a beautiful experience. The Master prayed that the disciples be left in the world, but not of it. And as you know, this has been my vision right from the beginning: the word made flesh-not to leave this world but to be right in it, not subject to its false laws, but rather to open ourselves to reality and watch that reality become evident in visible form. How we understand and observe these holidays is part of that vision. We realize of course, that Thanksgiving originated with the Pilgrims when they came to this land. They faced seeming lack and stress, yet they met their needs in many different ways. And they offered thanks. Actually, we don't know whether that really happened in the way that has been passed on to us because the Thanksgiving holiday came into existence after even their grandchildren were gone. So, we do not know whether Thanksgiving actually was celebrated by the Pilgrims or whether it was a later invention ascribed to them. But it really makes no difference because the idea itself is good. They were in this cold, barren country surrounded by warring Indians, and yet, through all of their hardships, their daily needs were met. It is logical to believe that a time came when someone would remind them of how much they had to be thankful for, and there may have been a ceremony and then later it was incorporated as a national holiday. You know, as far as we are concerned today, we have very little feeling about the Pilgrims and how they celebrated their Thanksgiving. Today, the holiday is an opportunity for us to remember that we, too, have much for which to be thankful. It is really an opportunity for a sabbath day, a day of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Interpretation of Holidays.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 16, Healing and Silence
- ~ 16 ~ HEALING AND SILENCE From the time a patient asks for help, the responsibility for the healing lies with the practitioner. It is the practitioner's responsibility to live, move, and have his being in and as divine Presence; and his life must be lived according to that standard. He must have grown into that state of consciousness in which he realizes his oneness with God in full measure, so that he does not look to person, place, or thing for anything and never permits such things as envy, jealousy, malice, or lust to enter his consciousness. We do not set ourselves up as healers of disease; we are followers of the spiritual way of life, in which, if you seek first the kingdom of God, all these other things will be added unto you. It is a most marvelous thing that a grain of this truth does so many wonders. Very often people who are not on the spiritual path can easily be healed by a practitioner. Nevertheless, even the Master found those he could not heal because of their unbelief. Many times he asked people if they believed that he could heal them. When he spoke of belief and faith, he really meant a belief and faith shown forth in actions. He knew how many are invited to the spiritual feast and how few come: they are too busy with other engagements. No Practitioner can take the responsibility for bringing about a healing if the patient is continually filling his mind with the pleasures and pursuits of this world. If the patient insists on listening to the radio or watching television from morning until night, or sitting at a card table or cocktail table, hour after hour, he is separating himself from his good, because, having ears, he cannot hear what Spirit is saying. He would not get a healing if it were sitting on his door-step, because he would not be at home. "Having eyes, ye see not, having ears, ye hear not." Certainly the patient does not hear or see if he is so busy with worldly things that he does not have time to listen for the voice of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Healing and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IV, Who Told You?
- CHAPTER IV WHO TOLD YOU? The world can never rise above the idea of using one power over another and into the realm of no power until the mystery of Genesis is solved. In this first book of the Bible, are found two completely contradictory and conflicting records of creation: The first chapter is obviously the work of a mystic who had achieved complete union with God and who saw that this entire universe is Consciousness appearing as form; whereas subsequent chapters contain an account of the creation of mind. The first record of creation is a revelation of the activity of Consciousness in all its purity and eternality. It recounts the unfolding of a spiritual universe where there is light before there is a sun or a moon, where the crops are in the ground before the seeds are planted, and where there is man before there is woman. That which is formed of Consciousness is never born: It is merely an emanation of Consciousness, which not only has no beginning but has no ending because as long as there is Consciousness, there is Consciousness formed. When Consciousness appears as form, it can appear as a seed or as a completely developed tree without ever having gone through any process of growth. Consciousness, or Soul, which we call God, reveals and expresses Itself as a spiritual universe in which there is no conception and no birth. In other words, creation is the immaculate conception of God revealing Itself as individual identity, an identity expressing as human, animal, vegetable, and mineral forms; so that in reality, God, Consciousness, is the very essence and substance of the earth -even of what appears as stones, rocks, sand, and soil-just as that same Consciousness is the substance of our true identity. In Genesis, we learn that God created Adam and Eve and placed them in the Garden of Eden in the midst of perfection and harmony, surrounded only by goodness, love, and beauty. Joy and harmony reigned there until into that Eden came something that destroyed it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter IV, Who Told You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 103K
Find Similar Documents