Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 5, God-Endowed Dominion
- ~ 5 ~ GOD-ENDOWED DOMINION The healing principles of the Infinite Way differ so radically from those found in other teachings that students who want to be successful in the practice of Infinite Way healing should work only from the standpoint of what has been given to them in this work. There are some teachings in which the practitioner endeavors to find the error that is causing the trouble and identify it with the patient. This practice is called "uncovering the error," and assumes that there is some erroneous thought in the patient, which is producing his particular disease. Early in my practice I discovered that this was not true. Evil does not originate in the patient's thought, although he may permit himself to become an outlet for it. All evil of any nature, whether it is sin, false appetite, disease, lack, or limitation, has its origin in the universal or carnal mind. The moment a practitioner knows this, he begins to set his patient free. Instead of pinning some error on to him and fastening it to him, he immediately realizes, "This does not have its origin in a person: it has its origin in the universal or carnal mind." Recognize the God in Everyone If I sit on a class or lecture platform in front of an audience, thinking that everyone in that group is the child of God with the mind of God and the Soul of God and that only God lives and works in and through him, what happens? Even though the members of the class or audience do not know that this silent realization of their true spiritual nature and origin is going on, they begin to respond to the truth about them. They do not know why, but they rejoice inwardly because I am seeing them as they are in their real nature, seeing their real Self, seeing behind the human masquerade. If, on the other hand, I were to sit on that platform and criticize the persons in the audience, resent or judge them after human standards, they would begin to twist and squirm and feel uncomfortable. Why? Because I would be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 5, God-Endowed Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 5, Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth
- Chapter Five Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth The purpose of a work such as the Infinite Way is to die to the "old man," 1 and to be reborn of the Spirit: not partially reborn, but wholly reborn, putting on a whole new consciousness, a whole new mind, that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 2 In the practical working out of this, the realization of the fullness of this Christ- consciousness may not be attained in a moment. That is because the Christ- consciousness is not attained through the acquiring of knowledge, not even acquiring a knowledge of truth. A person could know all the truth that has ever been revealed in all the philosophies and all the mystical writings known to man and still not have one single touch of Christ-consciousness. The Vessel Must Be Emptied of Self It is not any degree of human wisdom or any degree of human goodness that we may attain that brings forth the Christ. In fact, it might be far easier for some deep- dyed sinner to attain the Christ than for some very good person. The sinner is often well aware of his unworthiness. In his attitude of being "one of the least of these," 3 and understanding his own inadequacy, he has so emptied himself that he is ready to be filled with the Christ; whereas, as a rule, if a person is living a fairly good human life, he is likely to get the idea, "Hmm! I am good; I deserve to have this blessing. I really have worked hard for it and I deserve it." It does not come that way; it comes by Grace, and that Grace can come only in proportion as a person is emptied so that there is no self left to be good. As long as a person has a trace of a belief that he is good, deserving, or worthy, in that degree he is setting up a barrier for the entrance of the Christ. The Christ does not come while a vessel is already full of self and of a human being's goodness. The Christ comes when a person is so emptied of self that he has renounced not only the evil but also the good and has thus made himself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Off the Old Man and Rebirth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Practicing the Presence: Chapter V, Love Thy Neighbor
- ... If we are harboring within us personal animosity, or if we are indulging in national or religious hatred, prejudice, or bigotry, our prayers are worthless. We must go to God with clean hands in order to pray, and to approach God with clean hands, we must relinquish our animosities. Within ourselves, we must first of all pray the prayer of forgiveness for those who have offended us, since they know not what they do; and secondly, acknowledge within ourselves: "I stand in relationship to God as a son, and therefore, I stand in relationship to every man as a brother." When we have established that state of purity within ourselves, then we can ask the Father: Give me grace; give me understanding; give me peace; give me this day my daily bread-give me this day spiritual bread, spiritual understanding. Give me forgiveness, even for those harmless trespasses which I have unwittingly committed. The person who turns within for light, for grace, for understanding, and for forgiveness never fails in his prayers. The law of God is the law of love, the law of loving our enemies-not fearing them, not hating them, but loving them. No matter what an individual does to us, we are not to strike back. To resist evil, to retaliate, or to seek revenge is to acknowledge evil as reality. If we resist evil, if we refute ... Let us never accept a human being into our consciousness who needs healing, employing, or enriching because if we do, we are his enemy instead of his friend. If there is any man, woman, or child we believe to be sick, sinning, or dying, let us do no praying until we have made peace with that brother. The peace we must make with that brother is to ask forgiveness for making the mistake of sitting in judgment on any individual because everyone is God in expression. All is God manifested. God alone constitutes this universe; God constitutes the life, the mind, and the Soul of every individual. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against they neighbor" has a much broader ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter V, Love Thy Neighbor.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:02- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 13, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 13 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is a delicate subject, easily misunderstood by those not having had much experience in healing without mental argument. Therefore, it is necessary that it be rightly presented. It is possible for everyone to learn that spiritual consciousness does the work. And spiritual consciousness is cultivated through study, communion, and practice. It is the result of living every moment in the conscious awareness of good as all, and through the recognition that there is no error. Spiritual healing shows that the impartation is always from mind to its idea, and this constitutes the Word of God, which is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"; also, that the thoughts of man, the human thoughts, mental arguments, do not constitute that Word. Two things are important here: receptivity and reflection. As we become receptive to divine mind, through the stilling of the senses, divine impartations do come to us. Sometimes they are in thought original to ourselves, or, as the case may be, quotations from the Bible or other writings. Then, again there may be just a "feeling" or a sense of uplifted consciousness; a sense or awareness of rightness. When these divine ideas come to us, we reflect on them; we see them in their relation to the immediate problem. Mental argument is of itself not a healer, but it may serve to uplift thought to a point receptive to the right idea. Also, when argument is used (affirmations and denials), one should not consider the work complete, but "be still" and await the answer which never fails to come. Thus, the treatment is not the declaration, but the period after the declaration, when one is listening to "the still, small voice." The awareness, or consciousness of good that follows is the healer, the Christ, spiritual consciousness. It is important at some time in one's experience that we learn the part gratitude plays in having the correct sense of substance; to ascertain within ourselves ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 1, Invisible Selfhood
- In other words, I, even as Jesus or even as Joel, am linked up with the invisible Selfhood so that the Selfhood of me is the Allness of me, and it is It which doeth the works. However, it is not an It out there, not an It up there; it is an It that is my very being. Therefore to come into the completeness, into the fulfillment, of the Christ experience is to know the nature of God aright-to know that you are not dealing with a figure that you have to beg from, plead with, worship, and fear; not one that you have to be afraid of, that you have to sacrifice to or for. Know this Truth: that you are dealing with Life itself, always in expression. You are dealing with pure Life, a Life-being that is too pure to hold you responsible for even the sins of omission or commission. Therefore release yourself from these complexes and realize that in the instant that you understand God as your true Being, you begin to purify your own consciousness so that the state of consciousness that enables you to do wrong no longer exists. In that there is the forgiveness, and only in that. While we have the capacity to repeat our sins, we are in the position the Master spoke of when He said, "Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." He recognized that even though He lifted up the sinner to a certain extent, they still had the capacity to go and sin again. They had not completely received the Mind that was in Christ Jesus, and that was a task that each individual had to do themselves. Any spiritual practitioner or teacher can forgive you your sins and release you from the penalty, but it only lasts a short time, because you still have the capacity to return to that same state of consciousness and to perform the same actions, or thoughts, or deeds. Dwell in this conscious realization of an indwelling Presence: "I can do all things through Christ"; "I can do all things through Christ which dwelleth in me. I can do all things through the indwelling Spirit." If it so be the Spirit ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Invisible Selfhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 10, The Consciousness of Truth Is the Healer
- ~ 10 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF TRUTH IS THE HEALER If all the people on earth could be brought to a spiritual experience, they probably would not care too much if they were healthy or sick, wealthy or poor. The Experience itself is enough without these added human things. The healing ministry is important, however, because when a person has experienced a spiritual healing it sets up a longing to go further than just being healed. It brings out in him a desire to know God, to live the spiritual life, and then in turn to be able to help others. There never has been and never will be a teaching that will enable anyone to heal. The letter of truth alone will never heal or reform anybody, but the letter of truth will provide a person with principles which, as they are incorporated into his consciousness, enable him to release himself from material sense and evolve into spiritual consciousness. It is spiritual consciousness that heals, the spiritual consciousness with which some few mystics have come into the world. Spiritual healing is accomplished through either the natural or developed spiritual consciousness of a person, and that spiritual consciousness is yours and mine when we no longer turn to God for healing or believe that there is a God withholding healing, a God who will do today what He was not doing yesterday. The degree of help you will be able to give anyone is dependent upon the truth that is embodied in your contemplative meditation or treatment which becomes realized consciousness, the very substance and essence of the healing. A person who has been active in the healing ministry for several years should be doing effective healing work. By the time he has worked with these principles day after day, and night after night, his whole consciousness becomes so imbued with truth that there is little of humanhood left. The practitioner who has worked with enough different types of cases comes to realize that the words he has used in his meditations or treatments ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness of Truth Is the Healer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 6, Living the Principle of Impersonalization
- ... In thinking of the episode of Sapphira and her husband, it is important to remember that it was not really Sapphira and her husband who held out their savings from God. It was the carnal mind. So, too, with us: it is not we who are evil. It is the carnal mind operating through us, and inasmuch as this carnal mind is not a person and has no person in whom, through whom, or upon whom to operate, it becomes a nothingness. When we impersonalize it and begin to understand that no person has done any evil unto us because there is no "us" separate from God-we have no Selfhood but the capital "S" Selfhood-and therefore no one has wronged or injured us, no one has aimed any evil at us, but at God, we will find that we have so impersonalized our own self and all others that any human error that is directed toward us will not strike us. Then if we remember, also, that those who aim evil in our direction are not really aiming it at all, but that they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating, we shall more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if we impersonalize evil and recognize that it has not been done unto us, it may turn around and strike back at the sender. If it did, it would probably be his fault in the sense of permitting himself to be used. We want to go higher, however, than being avenged or wreaking vengeance upon someone: we want to see those who do evil to us forgiven and released from whatever evil is holding them in its grasp. If there is any ingratitude directed toward us, or any lack of mercy or justice, we realize first of all our capital "S" Self and then realize that, because of that, this is not aimed at us at all: it is aimed at God. Furthermore, by realizing that it is never a person who is aiming evil in our direction, but that he is merely the innocent victim of the carnal mind, a victim of ignorance, we can truthfully repeat, "Father, forgive him, for he knows not what he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nciple of Impersonalization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 167K
Find Similar Documents