Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 2, The False & Right Sense of I
- ~ 2 ~ THE FALSE AND RIGHT SENSE OF I The Infinite Way reveals that God is infinite individual being and, therefore, God constitutes our being. Whatever is spiritual, eternal, and immortal in us is God-being. That which is mortal, human, and finite is not an expression of God but an illusion and cannot be raised up to the atmosphere of Christhood. It must "die," but that death is not what normally is thought of as death. It is the death of the false concept of God and man that has been built up throughout the years, which constitutes what may be called the human experience. As we "die daily" 1 to that human experience, we are reborn into the spiritual experience. Jesus acknowledged his sonship with the Father, and at the same time denied power to his humanhood when he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing." 2 Can we hope to do more than Jesus did and claim more for ourselves than he claimed? When he was called "Good Master," 3 Jesus even went so far as to deny that. "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 The truth is that God, the Father, appears individually as God, the son. If we were to say that we express God, we would be trying to have some power of our own. But this we do not have. God, being infinite, God alone can express Itself, and God expresses Itself as individual being. It is God expressing, not man expressing, and God expressing becomes you and me in our spiritual identity. God always is the presence and God always is the power. Never do we have power, never. All power is God-power as it flows forth from the Godhead, appearing as our individual capacity. If it were your capacity or mine, it would be limited, but because all capacity is God-capacity, it is infinite. Jesus understood his own nothingness and thus became the instrument through which the allness of God could appear. Potentially anyone who can sufficiently understand the nothingness of humanhood can in that degree show forth God's allness. THE TROUBLEMAKER ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he False & Right Sense of I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 26, 1963, Spiritual Love
- SPIRITUAL LOVE May 26, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel IN THE JULY Letter, you are going to have the first three of this series of talks, and in following letters there will be more. You will remember that we started with the unfoldment of God as infinite divine consciousness. Because this same God, this same infinite divine consciousness is individual consciousness, we therefore draw forth our good by "opening out a way for the imprisoned splendor to escape." We do this not from the consciousness in a holy temple, or a holy city, or a holy savior, but from our consciousness, from the divine consciousness which is your individual consciousness and mine. That is why meditation is the entire secret of harmonious spiritual living-because meditation is retiring into our innermost being, praying secretly within ourselves, and then letting spiritual good unfold. From this you catch a further glimpse that God never was a Jew, or a Christian, or a Mohammedan, or a Hindu-but rather that God is spirit and the spirit of God in you is the only God. Whether or not you were erroneously taught that you were a Christian, a V edantist, or a Buddhist, you have learned that it is absurd to have any racial or religious prejudice for the simple reason that we all have the one Father. "Call no man on earth your Father. There is but one Father, which is your Father and my Father." 1 We all have the same God and, fortunately for us, it is "closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." This understanding, and this alone, can make for the "Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man." Otherwise we live our lives on the basis of tolerance and, if you were ever tolerated by anybody, you would know what a terrible word that is. In all of the seventeen years that I have traveled with the message of The Infinite Way, only three men in the United States from the metaphysical world have come into spiritual fellowship with me. I have met only three with whom I could completely unite in spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ay 26, 1963, Spiritual Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 5, Judge Not According to the Appearance
- Chapter Five Judge Not According to the Appearance God is the creative principle of the universe. But could there be a God without a universe to which He could be a principle or a law? God is not an unexpressed God. God and Its infinite individuality exist and express simultaneously and instantaneously. I know of no other words to use to bring out the truth that I cannot exist except as I express. Take away expression and what do you have as I? Nothing. Has there ever been a time when there was a principle of mathematics but no 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Did the principle of mathematics suddenly decide to appear as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0? Or are the principles of mathematics and its number values simultaneous and instantaneous? Is there a principle of music without do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do or its equivalent in tone? Could there be a principle of music without musical values? If your answer is "Yes," there must have been a principle of music without anything to which it could be a principle. The principle of music is what sustains do, re, mi, fa, so, la, ti, do in their natural values, just as the principle of mathematics sustains to eternity the values of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0. But what would the principle of mathematics or music do without numbers and notes? Consciousness Is Conscious Of There is much misleading teaching today on the point that you and I do not exist, that only God exists. How could that possibly be true? Behind what I am saying is the consciousness that exists as the consciousness of that which exists. Consciousness does not exist as a blank. Consciousness exists conscious of. It could not be consciousness unless it were conscious of. This may sound like an intellectual analysis, but behind it is an intuitive knowledge that there is no awareness without something of which to be aware. Just as mathematics has its numbers and music its notes, so this principle of Life, which is also the principle of mathematics and music, has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...According to the Appearance.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1955, Immortality
- ... So let it be agreed in your consciousness that God is Life, but more than that, God is your life! "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." (Isa. 43:7.) "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God; wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." (Ezek. 18:32.) "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev. 4:11.) These scriptural passages clearly indicate that God created us for his own pleasure, and this is an eternal relationship. And so, as we witness ourselves and our friends advancing into more mature years, let us realize our function as an infant and as a child, as an adult, and see how progressive each step has been, and then look forward to the revelation of what the future years have in store through the Grace of God. Then, as we watch our friends pass from sight, let us rejoice that they have passed from one mansion into another. They have not died because of sin, because God never punishes sin. God is a God of love and forgiveness "until seventy times seven." Our transition is for the glory of God, and for the glory of the development of our individual Soul, and those of us who are approaching the middle years and beyond the middle years must learn to ask the Father, "What have you now for me to do?" Then, as other experiences come, open your vision and realize that just as the flowers bloom and seem to fade and then bloom again, so do we pass through many transitional experiences, but death is never known in any of these experiences. Death is our interpretation of what we are witnessing, but it is an observation based on ignorance. Those who have caught the first tiny glimpse of God understand that God is Life, and that God is Life Eternal-life without death, "for he is thy life, and the length of thy days." This can only come as you lift your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ April 1955, Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 1, A Message for the New Year
- T Chapter One A Message for the New Year his is the time of year when you wish all those with whom you come in contact a happy New Year. You should realize that in doing this you are not benefiting those to whom you wish this happy New Year, nor are you doing anything to bring them a happy New Year by your wishing them one. Under certain conditions, however, you, yourself, are benefiting by wishing other people a happy New Year, but you must know what those certain conditions are. No one can bring a happy or prosperous New Year to another or a joyous one. Only the individual can do that for himself. Determining Factors in Achieving a Happy New Year You can wish a person a happy New Year but it will do nothing for him. The only thing that will ensure a happy New Year for him is whether or not he is living in accord with loving the Lord, his God, with all his soul, all his heart, and all his mind, and loving his neighbor as himself. To the extent of his violation of that he cannot have the happy New Year that you might wish him and would like for him to have. You cannot give it to anyone. Only he, himself, can determine the degree of the happiness of the New Year, and he determines that by the degree of his loving God and his neighbor as himself. Those are the determining factors in whether or not he will have a happy New Year. But this must not stop you from wishing a person a happy New Year because in the degree that you are wishing for others a happy New Year, in that degree are you loving your neighbor as yourself, in that degree are you loving God, and in that degree are you fulfilling the terms that will ensure you, yourself, a happy and prosperous New Year. But there is one catch to it and this is the one for which you must watch. Embrace All Mankind in Your Good Wishes When you wish a person a happy New Year, be sure that in your mind you are not wishing him personally a happy New Year, but that you are including all mankind, recognizing that every person is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Message for the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 7, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 7 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT The readers of this book naturally represent varying states and stages of consciousness. Some may be widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of Christian Science or Unity, some from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches, and others may be practically beginners and know nothing about the spiritual approach to life. Therefore, it is difficult to reach these different thought patterns and expect all of them to understand the same things in the same way. For that reason, this chapter is devoted to bringing about an understanding of the language used in the Infinite Way. While I do not claim that the truth expressed in the Infinite Way has not at some time or other been included in the teachings of the great sages and seers, it must be recognized that this particular approach-the particular meaning of the truth or the purpose of this teaching-is probably different from almost any other teaching. The Infinite Way stands wholly and completely on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. There is no deviation from Jesus' teaching in one single particle, nor are we, in explaining or elucidating it, adding to it or taking from it in any way. It is accepted absolutely as it stands in the revelation of Jesus: I am life eternal; I am the way, the truth, and the light. I am the resurrection-not, I will be resurrected, not that there is some kind of a law of God which is going to act upon me, but I am the resurrection. I am the bread-not, I will be supplied with bread, but I am the bread; I am the water; I am the wine. When you stand on that, you stand on the revelation that you are infinite spiritual consciousness, infinite spiritual life itself, and being infinite, all inclusive and including within your own being every activity of Being. God Appears as Individual Being Those of you who are familiar with metaphysical teachings must realize that the Infinite Way is in contradistinction to most of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 5, 1963, The Nature of Spiritual Prayer
- THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL PRAYER August 5, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Center GOOD EVENING. In an age like the present one, which seems dedicated to destroying the value of the individual and turning him into a mass, a herd, a horde, and making the individual a nonentity, ours are activities dedicated wholly to revealing the identity and the dignity and the magnitude of the individual. The Infinite Way is one of these activities and has for its basis: "I and my Father are one 1 . . . The place whereon I stand is holy ground." 2 There are other activities which are beginning to assert the value and the dignity of the individual, but The Infinite Way is approaching the subject from the religious standpoint-not from the standpoint of a religion, but from the standpoint of religion itself. The knowledge of God reveals the infinite nature of individual man. Since "I and my Father are one . . . He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 3 That is how sacred the individual is. He is the showing forth of God; he is that place in consciousness where God shines through. This late in the 20th century, only mass hypnotism could hide from the world the tremendous scope of the life and the activity of Lao-Tzu of China, yet there are many people in the world who are aware of the fact that Lao-Tzu gave the world one of its great spiritual teachings. Likewise, there are few in the world who do not know the Buddha, and hundreds of millions throughout the world live by the words of the Buddha, and hundreds of millions live by the words of the Christ. Christ Jesus was only one Hebrew rabbi among many, yet he was remembered and revered because of his recognition of his individual Selfhood and of the power that conferred upon him. "My words shall not pass away," 4 not the words of the whole synagogue and not the words of the Roman emperors, but "my words"-the words of a simple Hebrew rabbi walking up and down the Holy Land. When we think of electric lights, phonographs, and moving pictures ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nature of Spiritual Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 15, 1964, Into the Mystical Consciousness
- INTO THE MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS February 15, 1964 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. Our 1963 work was to make the transition from metaphysical consciousness to mystical consciousness, and as you study the four tapes of the 1964 Honolulu Series and the papers so far, you will discover that we have been consciously making that transition and should either have made it by now or be right on the verge of attaining. There is one final step you can take that will help you complete your realization, and that is this: Look out of this window and select a tree or a group of trees, and behold that there is a law of life functioning in that tree-from the roots out to the fruit on the branches. Take it very slowly. Look down into the roots beneath the soil and you will soon agree that the roots are drawing unto themselves from the surrounding earth, food which has been formed of the rain that has fallen, sunshine, fertilization, and that out of these surroundings is sent up into the trunk of the tree and out into the branches all that is necessary, not only for the sustenance of the tree, but for the forming of the leaves, the blossoms, and the fruit. All of this is possible, not by virtue of the roots or the surrounding earth, but by virtue of an invisible life force acting in and through the tree or upon it, producing the effects that are probably visible through a high-powered glass. The miracle of this exercise is that you have been a beholder, but in no way have you had any part in what you beheld. You did not bring it about, you did not start it into action, you merely beheld, and by your beholding came into the awareness of that which has been taking place out there in those trees before we even came into this room. What is the miracle? You do not set God at work or to work; you do not bring the power of God into any situation. God was there before you, because of omnipresence. It makes no difference if you had a wrong thought this morning or if you committed a wrong deed ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 11, Breaking the Bonds of Humanhood
- ~ 11 ~ BREAKING THE BONDS OF HUMANHOOD The goal of all spiritual work is God-realization, arriving at a place where we are consciously aware that we are not living our own life, that there is a something, a transcendental presence, that has taken over, that goes before us, and that cares for us. Life eternal and divine harmony come to us in proportion as we know God aright. While this is the most difficult part of our spiritual journey, because it involves releasing every concept of God acquired throughout our lifetime, nevertheless, it has to be the first part of it. We have looked to our concepts of God to bless us, but concepts of God, regardless of how lofty they may be, cannot bless anyone. We can be spiritually blessed only as we come to know him as he is, and that knowing has no relationship whatsoever to any concept of God. It is useless to try to define or analyze God, or to seek to know what he is through the mind. If it were possible to embrace God in our mind, God would be smaller than our mind, and this he cannot be. One way in which we can begin to lose our concepts of God is through contemplation and meditation on the nature of God. Knowing the nature of God is quite different from knowing God itself, just as our individual nature is different from the essence that we really are. Our nature is the outward expression, or set of qualities which we possess, but we ourselves are greater than our qualities, that is, greater than our nature. We may have a kindly nature, a philanthropic nature, or a peaceful one, but that is not we ourselves: we are greater than these. Releasing Concepts of God God is far greater than what we can ever know of his nature. In order to be known, God has to be experienced, and while we can experience God through an awareness of his nature, he cannot be known with the mind or the intellect. The fact that we may have prayed to God, asking for something, is proof positive that we do not know the nature of God, for if we knew his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...king the Bonds of Humanhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 143K
Find Similar Documents