Seek Ye First: Chapter 5, Illumination through Meditation
- ... You will live in that realization, letting all these other things be added, because the illumined mind really is the substance of fulfillment at every level of our existence, even on the most practical level. That mind was practical enough to multiply loaves and fishes for the Master; that mind was practical enough to bring forth manna for Moses, and water, and open out a way through the wilderness for him. That mind was so practical for Elijah that he was fed, even in the wilderness, sometimes by birds bringing food to him. That mind that was in Christ Jesus is the most practical mind there is in all the world. There were miracles of healing, of forgiveness of sin, of supply, of freedom, of peace that came to everyone who touched not only the Master, but many of his disciples and some of the apostles. The most practical way of life that has ever been known is found in attaining that mind. Resist the Temptation To Change the Human Picture The way of attainment is through meditation. ... He left it with God to destroy whatever was not right, but in doing so neither the woman nor the man was destroyed. The only thing that was destroyed was the sin, and it was not a thing. When you take yourself to God, God eliminates everything that is not right, and yet God does not destroy anything, because there is nothing about us that is not right that exists as a thing or as a person. When the Master seemingly destroyed the fig tree, he was illustrating a principle of the spiritual life. When a person who is indulging human evil seeks forgiveness, repentance, or a turning from the evil, the spirit of God cleanses, purifies, and removes from him not only the evil, but the possibilities of evil and the punishment of evil, so though his sins were scarlet, they are white as snow. 19 When the Christ touches an individual who wishes to continue in the evil, however, that individual can be destroyed-but not by God. He destroys himself by holding himself up against that presence and power ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...mination through Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 4, Reality
- ~ 4 ~ REALITY Christian Science understands all evil to be illusion and, necessarily, it declares human good equally without reality. It reveals that physical health is as much a belief as sickness. Likewise, material wealth is but the opposite belief of poverty. In order, then, that we do not vacillate between the beliefs of health and sickness, wealth and poverty, friendship and friendlessness, it becomes necessary that we come into the understanding of spiritual reality. Obviously we cannot measure our progress spiritward in terms of days or years of physical freedom or amount of dollars income. The measure of our progress is determined by the degree of our understanding of spiritual values. The natural result of our spiritual progress is a greater degree of harmony in what appears as our human affairs, but when this harmony is the result of spiritual realization we find no fluctuation and no vacillation. This spiritual, or real state of being, is exemplified in the Scriptures in such passages as, "And there shall be no night there," 1 and the revelation of light appearing although the sun was not yet created: "Let there be light: and there was light." 2 Again in the appearance of crops before the seed is planted. In these passages we find good appearing without dependence on material aid or accompaniment. Job says, "and hangeth the earth upon nothing," 3 again indicating spiritual power dependent on nothing tangible to human sense. Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, and this so-called miracle has never been explained, nor will it ever be to human sense. That spiritual sense comprehends and can duplicate it we know, because of the frequency with which this is done by the spiritually illumined of all ages. Moses fed the multitudes and provided water; Elijah provided food and healed even death, as did the Master Christian. Every real spiritual healing that takes place today is further proof, if proof were needed, that there is a realm of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 4, Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 20, Purifying the Mind
- ~ 20 ~ PURIFYING THE MIND Good evening. As far as I can remember, this is the first class I have ever conducted about which I can truthfully say I'm sorry to see come to a close tonight. Saturday night has usually been the most glorious night in the world for me, and after Saturday night I could dance in the streets. There is a very definite reason for feeling this way tonight. I believe that for the first time in all the classwork that's been going on since 1947, the principles of the Infinite Way have been understood. I have never felt that way before. You see, truth is universal. In mystical truth there is no such thing as an original idea. But the major principles of the Infinite Way, the healing principles, are an unfoldment that have never before appeared in religious literature of any nature, whether mystical, orthodox, or metaphysical. I have never been able to convey that before because students were either listening to me through their Christian Science background, their Unity background, or their mental science background, and so they were not able to clearly understand and grasp these specific principles. I know that if these principles had been practiced and demonstrated by our students, we would have practitioners in every city in the world. The only reason we haven't is because these specific principles have not been grasped, have not been understood and practiced, and therefore could not be demonstrated. Now I don't say this in a complaining sense because it is perfectly natural. Every one of us have received teachings which we more or less accepted as divine authority. It makes no difference how mistaken those teachings may be, we find it impossible to dislodge them from our thought, our conditioned mind. In every message that embraces either mental or spiritual healing, we address the individual, and in doing this we personalize error. You either call the patients by their name, or you address them as "you," and you seek to uncover the error in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 20, Purifying the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Spiritual Illumination
- SPIRITUAL ILLUMINATION SPIRITUAL ILLUMINATION enables us to discern the spiritual reality where the human concept appears to be. Spiritual sense discerns the reality of that which is appearing as concept. The development of spiritual consciousness begins with our first realization that what we are beholding through the senses of sight, hearing, taste, touch, and smell is not the reality of things. Disregarding appearances entirely, the first ray of spiritual illumination brings us hints of the divine, the eternal and immortal. This in turn makes the appearance even less real to us, thereby admitting even greater illumination. Our progress Spiritward is in proportion to the illumination which enables us to behold more and more of Reality. Because the human scene is entirely a misconception through misperception, any thought of helping, healing, correcting, or changing the material picture must be relinquished in order that we may see the ever-present Reality. Spiritual illumination comes to us in a measure with our first investigation of truth. We believe that we are seeking good, or truth; whereas the light has begun to shine in our consciousness compelling us to take the steps we have since taken. Every increase of our spiritual understanding was more light appearing and dispelling the darkness of sense. This inflow of illumination will continue until we come to the full realization of our true identity as "the light of the world." Without illumination, we struggle with the forces of the world; we labor for a living; we struggle to maintain our place and position; we compete for riches or honors. Often we war with our own friends and even find ourselves at war with ourselves. There is no security in personal possessions even after the battle to acquire them has been won. Illumination first brings peace, then confidence and assurance; it brings rest from the world's contests, and then all good flows to us through Grace. We see now that we do not live by acquiring, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Spiritual Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 90K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 8, Special Lesson on Healing Work
- Chapter Eight Special Lesson on Healing Work Those who have not spent considerable time practicing spiritual principles will at times forget them, and thereby delay their experience of good. And what is it they will forget? They will forget that they are not to look to one another for anything, and that includes husbands and wives, parents and children. The very earliest time possible in the morning, we open ourselves to God's grace and consciously realize that we live, not by might or by power, but by the spirit. We live, not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God; neither do we live by the favor of individuals, or the good will of individuals; nor do we live by our place or position in life. We live by the grace of God. Our Good Flows From the Center of Our Being If we are to live in the mystical consciousness, we must abide in the realization that our expectancy is always and only from the spiritual source within us. We must abide in the truth that "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," 1 and then be careful not to look to a person, a thing, an organization, or a relationship for it. When we thoroughly understand and realize this oneness, as if there were only one person in the world, God appearing as individual being, our good must flow from within us, not to us from anyone, but from us and through us. Our good may come to us through people, but there is no law that says it has to. There is no law or rule that says we must derive our income from our work. Within us must be the complete realization that our manna can fall from the sky or, if necessary, ravens can bring us food. Our supply can come through a thousand different directions. Therefore, we need not look to anyone. Of course, there must always be that sense of gratitude to those through whom it comes, but not the feeling that it comes from them: it comes through them; but it comes from the center of our being. I is infinite, and there is nothing and no one outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cial Lesson on Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 11, Awakening to the Soul-Faculties
- ~ 11 ~ AWAKENING TO THE SOUL-FACULTIES WHEN we live as human beings with only our human faculties to draw upon, we present to the world and to each other a human selfhood: human qualities and human awareness. This human selfhood is always limited, always finite, consisting mostly of what we have learned through education, personal experience, environment, and prenatal influences. Hidden behind this personal self, however, is our real Self. There is another Being, another Something besides the physical and mental person. Paul called that Something the Christ, which really means the son of God, the spiritual identity of our being, the reality of us. The sense of separation from God that arose out of what is called the Fall of Man has resulted in our limited humanhood, in which we have only our own gifts or lack of them to live by, our education or lack of it, our home experience or lack of it, and a good environment or a lack of it. These are the things that govern the human being, and yet all the time there is dormant within every person this spiritual Selfhood called the Christ, spiritual consciousness, or Christ- consciousness. At some point in humanity's history, a stirring began within; and one here and one there found himself awakened inside through contemplation of the wonder of life. He found himself in possession of another dimension of life and saw something greater than his surroundings, greater than his own mind or brain, greater than his own wisdom. So he came into the awareness of the truth that there was dormant within him a Presence or spiritual faculty that, when awakened, enlightened him on things he could not possibly know merely through education or human knowledge. This spiritual faculty is aroused through meditation. Inner contemplation leads to an experience in consciousness where contemplation ceases, where we no longer think-not even on spiritual things-and thought seems to settle down into a stillness, a listening attitude, a hearing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ening to the Soul-Faculties.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 125K
Find Similar Documents