Consciousness Transformed: December 29, 1963, Into the New Year
- INTO THE NEW YEAR December 29, 1963 GOOD MORNING. In meditating this morning, we will bear in mind that the subject is of course the New Year. We are looking into a new year. We are still back here in 1963, but we are at the tail end of it and we are looking into 1964, and then waiting to see if the prophecies will come true. There is a better way: Let us look into 1964 and, with our inner ears open and our inner eyes open, receive light, wisdom, and guidance for this that we are looking into. In other words, in order that we have a higher wisdom than human wisdom, a higher protection than bombs, a higher guidance than human prophecy, the only place from which all this can come is from the kingdom of God within you, individually as well as collectively. The kingdom of God is within you and it can reveal 1964 to you far better than any of our prophets can prophesy. It can give you a wisdom with which to live the year. It really can illumine and inspire your wisdom in lifting it up into a higher measure. So, for the next fifteen minutes, we are going to look straight ahead into 1964 and let the spirit illumine it, not plan it, illumine it. Then, as you keep up this program each day and certainly preferably early in the morning, you will find that whatever illumination comes to you through this experience will be revealed to you each day. You will have a guidance and a protection from within you. We will start now looking into 1964 without any wishes or hopes, just with the realization that whatever is to be in 1964 is to be determined by this spirit of God within us.
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...29, 1963, Into the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 58K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIX, The Still Small Voice
- CHAPTER XIX THE STILL SMALL VOICE The world has come to a place where it must go beyond power and beyond mind. Is there such a place? Is there a place where physical might and human thought are not power, and where safety, security, and peace are assured? In a moment of futility and frustration, when every reliance has been forsaken, the answer comes as the voice of God utters Itself, a V oice not in the blustering whirlwinds, nor in the awesome rumblings of the volcano, but a V oice so still that only in the Silence can it be heard, and there It thunders. When we hear that V oice, we need not concern ourselves about protection against bombs; we need not concern ourselves with depressions or recessions. One thing alone then concerns us: the ability to be still and let God manifest and express Himself as the still small V oice within us. Today, world conditions make our personal problems seem infinitesimal, but whether we are thinking in terms of individual, national, or international problems, basically there is only one problem-material and mental power as against My Spirit. There is only one enemy-the universal belief that material and mental force can control this world. The enemies confronting us today are not a threatened epidemic of disease, not a devastating condition of weather or climate, not impending economic disaster, nor destructive war: All these are but part and parcel of the belief in material and mental powers. But are material and mental powers, power, or is the still small V oice the only power? The answer is that there is no power in the visible world, and anything that exists in our mind as an objective thing is not power. Let us never fear an image in our mind whether that image is a person, a disease, or even a bomb. That still small V oice in the midst of us is mightier than all of these, and if we can become so silent that that V oice can utter Itself-even if only as a deep breath or a sense of peace or warmth-this earth will be filled with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIX, The Still Small Voice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 80K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 2, Life of the Soul
- ~ 2 ~ LIFE OF THE SOUL There are two foundations upon which to build a House of Life; rock or sand. The house built upon rock is sturdy and enduring: a fortress, a refuge, a haven of peace. The "rock" is the constant recognition of the Presence of God, and this recognition is attained through the faculty known as Soul. The house built upon sand is always in danger of collapse. Living out from the level of the material senses, which shift and change as often as do the sands, is to live in constant peril of having the whole structure crumble about us. Living out from the level of the human mind, which is nothing more nor less than a state of hypnotism, is the source of anguish, repetition and failure. There is only one Mind, Divine Mind, infinitely manifest, but those who are ignorant of this try to limit the Mind within the mesmeric boundaries of the five physical senses. The human mind, which can only think in terms of good and evil, beginnings and endings, is the sandy foundation, the false premise. Those who seek solely in the outer senses are continually in a turmoil of unhappiness, restlessness and indecision. The mind must seek ever more and ever different plots, jingles and jangles, which quickly become stale and frustrating. It is living at this level of mind which compels them to force the creation and stimulation of pleasure, satisfaction and supply, and because these are always artificial, they are not lasting or real, and must be repeated again and again, until they no longer satisfy or profit. Living at the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces and scenes. There is never a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest, relaxation, satisfaction or completeness. Until one reviews all this in his thought and realizes the continuous mental effort and strife there has been to attain a peace and satisfaction that has never come, one cannot change from the merry-go-round of the mind to the joyous realm of the Soul. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Life of the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 82K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 17, 1963, God Constitutes My Consciousness
- GOD CONSTITUTES MY CONSCIOUSNESS February 17, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US MAKE A MOVE that separates us from most of the metaphysical world. As humans we have our supply in money, or the representation of money, and we find health in the body. If the heart beats so many times, if the assimilation acts according to this rule, if the elimination acts according to that rule, then we have health. We associate intelligence with the brain and we find our life in breathing. Take away our breathing and we have no life, or we find our life in the functioning of the heart. When you come to our work, what you are really doing is making a transition, so that your healing work is never in correcting what is wrong in the body or the mind or the pocketbook. I think it is in The Infinite Way that you will find, "You cannot meet a problem on the level of the problem." So, if you are faced with a problem, if you try to do something to that problem, you would not succeed. You first have to move outside the realm of the problem in order to find harmony. We find our harmony in spirit, and you might call this the point of demarcation or separation. We find our harmony in spirit, in consciousness. Since God is consciousness, and since God is supply, we find our supply in God or in consciousness. In the same way, since God is health, we find our health in God or in consciousness. Even the Bible knew this, that "God is the health of your countenance." 1 Yes, health must be found not in the body but in consciousness- then the body expresses health. Likewise with supply. You must leave the realm of the mental and material and find yourself elevated to consciousness. We have to find our health, we have to find our supply, we have to find our intelligence in consciousness; even our longevity we must find in consciousness. If we try to perpetuate ourselves by patching up the body, the results would be temporary. Medically it is possible to change sickness to health and, if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...onstitutes My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 21, Business
- ~ 21 ~ BUSINESS This is a word on business: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," 1 and the truth that you must know is that you are already free. All business is God's business regardless of its nature. The only food there is, is the "bread of life" which God alone serves; the only water is the "water of life" which freely flows from God to man, and the wine of inspiration which has its fount in heaven. God supplies all these to his children (receptive thoughts), that he may be fully expressed. Drop the weight of responsibility from your shoulders. "Stand ye still" and let love provide the customers, the volume, and the profits. Allow no thought of competition to enter. You are not dependent on material conditions for your business. The lie of mortal mind is that you are dependent on weather, prosperity, surroundings, or no competition for your success. On the contrary, these are human thoughts and they are the weights which must be put aside. We are told to "lay aside every weight . . . which doth so easily beset us." 2 Prepare thought for the day's business and mentally invite the world. Know that love fills all space, that every corner of your world is filled with divine ideas that express joy, gratitude, and love. Keep thought away from transactions. Just hold to the truth that Christ has invited all to "come unto me"-be served of him. Do not give or receive "treatments" for the success of business, but know constantly that divine intelligence is continually expressing itself in your business; that divine love is eternally being manifested in it; that mind produces all the needed activity; that love supplies the currency; that principle is forever expressing itself in harmonious, active, and complete business. Let no thought of conditions, weather, competition, enter to mar your faith and trust in the fact that truth is now expressed as your business. As a matter of fact, truth is your only business, the embodiment of harmony, complete ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 21, Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Business
- Business Business always seems to be dependent on certain conditions, circumstances and seasons, or on the good will of other persons. In the human picture business is affected by weather, finances, changing modes and fads, but turning from this picture we find that in reality business is the continuous activity of Principle; that this activity is infinite and harmonious, and that it is maintained and sustained by Principle itself. Christian metaphysics, revealing the spiritual nature of business, aids us to lift our thoughts regarding all commercial activity to the place where the true idea of business is apprehended. Every idea, and your business is an idea of Mind, is supported by the animating Principle of the idea. "When an idea begins to work in thought, it furnishes all that is necessary for its equipment, establishment and nourishment." -Adam Dickey BUSINESS IS AN INFINITE activity, is forever without limit, and is never dependent on person, place or thing. Right where you are, business is. It is a result of and resident in individual consciousness, because individual consciousness is the universal Consciousness individually expressed. If we go about our tasks doing those things that lie nearest at hand, with faith that there is an ever-present, invisible power which the Hebrews call Emmanuel, or "God with us," and which Christians call the Christ, our work will always bear fruit. This omnipresent and omnipotent power is the Presence of God prospering all right endeavor. It is only the degree in which we believe that it is either some personal effort of our own or another's, or that it is the good will of humans that prospers us, that causes apparent failure or lessening of fruitful activity. The prophet Isaiah clearly reminds us to "cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" The point to remember is that at all times, and in all places, there is an invisible and omnipotent power acting to support every right ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Joel Goldsmith_ Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 10, "ChooseYou"
- ~ 10 ~ "CHOOSE YOU" ONLY THAT FUNCTIONS IN YOUR LIFE which functions as an activity of your consciousness. In your humanhood, before you come to know the truth, what is operating in your consciousness is a combination of things: beliefs, theories, inhibitions, ignorance, prenatal influences, and the superstitions of your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents. They have been impressed upon your consciousness from the time of your birth and operate in your consciousness to make your life whatever it is. If you were born or have come into a very good and harmonious life or if your experience is discordant, unpleasant, or evil, you are the beneficiary or the victim of these influences. You, yourself, have not been master of your life; you, yourself, have had no control over your life. There is nothing you can do about the past except forget it. There is a great deal, however, that you can do about the present and the future. You have the power of determining the rightness and harmony of your life or of putting up with its discords and inharmonies; you have the right to make a choice whether you will let prenatal influences, early environmental and personal experiences dominate your life or whether you will now change and begin to know the truth, and let the truth make you free. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve," 1 God or mammon. This is not merely a quotation: this is a command, and it requires action. "Ye cannot serve God and mammon." 2 You are commanded to make a choice. What choice? Whether you will serve God or mammon. But how can you choose unless you know the difference between serving God and serving mammon? Will you serve "this world" or "My kingdom [which] is not of this world?" 3 Will you live in "this world" or "My kingdom?" It does not mean leaving one place for another place; it does not mean dying in order to go to heaven. The Master prayed "not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 10, _Choose You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 12, Prayer & Receptivity
- ~ 12 ~ PRAYER AND RECEPTIVITY NOW, THE KIND OF TREATMENT we have been talking about is legitimate, only do not stop there; do not let anybody on this path stop there because you haven't yet prayed! All you have done is give yourself a treatment. All you have done is to mentally reassure yourself that the appearances aren't real, but you haven't yet felt the Christ. And what we are interested in is Christ-healing. What we are interested in is the actual Father within-the Christ that liveth in me-the actual awareness of the presence and power of God, dispelling the illusion of sense. We are not satisfied with anything less than that! Therefore, if you give yourself a treatment-again I repeat: never give a treatment to a patient or to a condition-give yourself a treatment to refute the appearance or the person. Then sit there in the silence with that ear of expectancy and let the answer come. Many times it will not be necessary for some of you to go that far; most of the time you will not find it necessary to use that argument. You can take a step higher than that. That step is, when a claim of any kind presents itself to you, whether your own or someone else's, you can take the attitude of sitting down and finding the center of your own being. How you do that, of course, is something else again. I can't give you a process. You may take the word God or Christ or truth, and keep it in your thought and always bring your thought back to that, keeping it up until that awareness comes. That is even higher than using the argument, and you can do it if you are keeping yourself in a spiritual condition. Don't think you can do it if you are coming down continuously to this mortal level of living and indulging all this sense business with horrible movies and disgraceful novels and all that kind of stuff that the rabble fills time and mind with. Don't think you can give part of your time to that and at the same time be in a state of spiritual consciousness where you won't need ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 12, Prayer & Receptivity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 2, 1963, True Prayer-The Experience of God
- ... To come to this place in consciousness means that a great part of your spiritual journey is behind you, because you cannot attain this lightly, easily or quickly. You have been led up to this, as you will discover when others come to you for spiritual wisdom. You will learn that it is not an easy matter to say to them: "We are not going to God to have your fever reduced, and we are not going to God to get increased supply," for the answer you will receive is: "What then is the use of going to God?" When you have arrived at the place where you can accept such a statement, you have arrived at the place where you have given up human aspirations for spiritual revelations. We do not become ascetics. In giving up the world it is not in the mistaken sense of asceticism in which, by depriving ourselves of everything pleasant, we believe we are pleasing God. On the contrary, be assured that God is only pleased in our joys-in our fruitage. We know this from Christ Jesus, who was sent to earth to "do the will of the Father," and the will of the Father is that we have health and happiness and forgiveness of sins and life eternal. There is no asceticism in the Master's teachings. He took only their sins-never did he take from anyone any form of good. Once you stop seeking in your prayers "what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink and wherewithal ye shall be clothed," you will find they are being added unto you. "Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things," 18 only I must not seek sufficiency, I must seek grace. For thousands of years men have prayed for an end of war, for an end of injustice, for an end of slavery, and disease. All of these human conditions are still going on, and those that are not going on have not been overcome by prayer but by men. Many diseases have been overcome and lost from the world because of medical and surgical discoveries, but you recognize the fact that Christ Jesus revealed that this could be accomplished without human aid. So we are not to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ayer--The Experience of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents