Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 17, God Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 17 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER ORIGINALLY WE CAME TO THE STUDY OF TRUTH for our own good. Most of us have come to this work because of some sin or disease or lack in our experiences. Probably some of you came seeking only God. But I think the experience of most practitioners is that they find that most come to this truth seeking for release from the cares and the ills of the world. I came that way. Most of the people I know have come that way. For awhile it is a very satisfying experience to learn that physical ills can be met through prayer or treatment, through spiritual power. It is a very thrilling thing to experience a healing, especially if materia medica has said that the disease is serious or fatal. Some of these healing experiences will never be forgotten by those who have had them. After the First World War, I was given the very pleasant news that I had less than three months to live, and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. There was no known healing agency, no known cure for my trouble. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then, they still have no cure for that particular disease. In three months, though, I was completely healed, so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921! I have had many other healings of that nature through spirit, and I have also witnessed thousands of healings. Many minor claims, true, but some very major ones also, according to materia medica. I don't have to rehearse all that for most of you, because probably everyone here has had some similar experience, either with disease or with sin. I have told this before, I don't know whether in these talks or not, but certainly in classes, that in 1928, just as I was sitting with a practitioner, all of the smoking habit, drinking habit, and card playing habit disappeared. These were not great vices, but errors according to our spiritual way of living. All of these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: The True Sense of the Universe
- THE TRUE SENSE OF THE UNIVERSE THE BELIEFS WE ENTERTAIN about the body constitute our sense of body. The truth about body is something entirely different from our concepts of it. The body itself is perfect. It is as immortal and eternal as Soul, God, which is the substance and Principle of the body. Your body - seen through the universal material beliefs of the world - was born, matures, ages and dies. This very body when correctly known, that is, spiritually discerned, is the very appearing of Soul-substance, Spirit-substance, eternal being. It is neither functional nor organic. What appears to us as functions and organs are our false finite concepts of the activity of Mind appearing as spiritual body or spiritual formation. As long as we entertain a material concept of body, we will have concern for it - we will cater to it - and find in it both pain and pleasure. As we continue to lift our concept of body until we gain the realization of what our body really is, we will find less and less of either pain or pleasure in it until we arrive at the state of consciousness where we realize the body as an impersonal vehicle or mode of expression. Every suggestion of discomfort or inharmony coming from the body must be met instantly with the understanding of the true nature of body as spiritual. Only as we understand that errors of sense exist merely as suggestion and false sense, can we find freedom from the pains and pleasures of the body. We are never correcting the body, its so-called organs or functions. We are correcting the false concept or sense of body. All we have said here about body is equally true about business, home, security, wealth. "My kingdom is not of this world." There is nothing of God, or reality, in the world we see, hear, taste, touch or smell. The failure of religion in this age is due to the lack of this vision. Theology is attempting to spiritualize a mortal concept of God - called man. This man and his universe is no part of God, because God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... True Sense of the Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 4, The Parenthesis
- Chapter Four The Parenthesis Throughout the writings it is pointed out that our function is not to improve humanhood: it is not to find an ideal companion for a person, an ideal home, or to make his body physically well. The Infinite Way has nothing to do with changing human conditions. The function of God is not to mend broken bones, to go out and get more dollars or automobiles, or to annihilate our enemies. As a matter of fact, whatever the nature or function of God is, already is. Our function is to leave "this world" because we have discovered that there is a "My kingdom" and "My kingdom" is not of "this world."1 That immediately sets up a whole new world for an individual. How do we leave this world? How do we stop taking thought for this world? The question is not how, but that it must be done. How it is done is an individual experience. I can tell about my own way of arriving at whatever stage of that process I have reached, but I cannot be sure that that is the way that will lead others to it. Beyond all question of doubt, as long as we are taking thought for what we eat, what we drink, or wherewithal we are clothed, we are not following the message of the Infinite Way. Such an idea pulls the foundation out from many students. It leaves them with nothing on which to stand, and that is the intent. "He hangeth the earth on nothing."2 If we have a single thought in our mind, we are going to cling to that thought. Any concept of God, any concept of what we expect of God, any concept of the fruitage we are looking for stands in the way of God's demonstration, because that is not opening oneself to the way or the will of God. Discovering God's Will Ever since we were born, we have been thwarting the will of God, doing everything our parents, teachers, or society told us, everything that good manners told us to do. How often have we turned to God and asked, "God, don't You have something to say about how my life should be lived? After all, You authored my life. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 4, The Parenthesis.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 16, Wholeness of Spirit
- ~ 16 ~ WHOLENESS OF SPIRIT AS LONG AS WE ARE SPEAKING TODAY, not about the parts of the spirit, but about the wholeness of the spirit, I want to sum up the entire subject by bringing forth, as much as I can, the subject of "the Christ." You will remember that we have used the term "the Christ," as the Christian term for the presence of God; and the Hebrew word "Immanuel," meaning the same thing. And we also referred to the Chinese word, "Tao," meaning the same thing. So we gained a sense of universality in this subject of the spirit of God, or presence of God, or what we in the Christian world term "the Christ." It is necessary that we understand the universality of the Christ, otherwise we get back into orthodox religion in which one church is better or nearer the kingdom of God than another church, or that belonging to this group or this sect or this organization in some way entitles us to benefits of God which our less fortunate brothers do not have. Now, in our enlightened state, that is really ridiculous. As a matter of fact, it isn't even honest, although the people who teach it are sincere in believing it since they were taught it as children when they had no defense against it. You know the old saying that if you are given a child up to five years of age, the world can take over after that because you have already indoctrinated the child with whatever teaching you wanted him to have. Anything that can be taught a child still in its earlier years, can, of course, be accepted by him with all sincerity and honesty even though it is the most vicious lie. There isn't any teaching in the world more harmful or more destructive to one's own soul than the belief that the Christ knows anything about a church or a religion or a creed or a sect or any particular group. It is sinful to believe that the Christ is not available to saint and to sinner-please remember that. The most difficult thing for people to believe is that the church did not teach them correctly when it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Wholeness of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 13, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 13 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING Spiritual healing is a delicate subject, easily misunderstood by those not having had much experience in healing without mental argument. Therefore, it is necessary that it be rightly presented. It is possible for everyone to learn that spiritual consciousness does the work. And spiritual consciousness is cultivated through study, communion, and practice. It is the result of living every moment in the conscious awareness of good as all, and through the recognition that there is no error. Spiritual healing shows that the impartation is always from mind to its idea, and this constitutes the Word of God, which is "quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword"; also, that the thoughts of man, the human thoughts, mental arguments, do not constitute that Word. Two things are important here: receptivity and reflection. As we become receptive to divine mind, through the stilling of the senses, divine impartations do come to us. Sometimes they are in thought original to ourselves, or, as the case may be, quotations from the Bible or other writings. Then, again there may be just a "feeling" or a sense of uplifted consciousness; a sense or awareness of rightness. When these divine ideas come to us, we reflect on them; we see them in their relation to the immediate problem. Mental argument is of itself not a healer, but it may serve to uplift thought to a point receptive to the right idea. Also, when argument is used (affirmations and denials), one should not consider the work complete, but "be still" and await the answer which never fails to come. Thus, the treatment is not the declaration, but the period after the declaration, when one is listening to "the still, small voice." The awareness, or consciousness of good that follows is the healer, the Christ, spiritual consciousness. It is important at some time in one's experience that we learn the part gratitude plays in having the correct sense of substance; to ascertain within ourselves ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1957, Gratitude
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Gratitude FEW people understand the nature of gratitude. Just what is gratitude? Are human beings capable of gratitude? Actually, we should not expect gratitude from a person, and if we do expect it, we shall be disappointed because gratitude is beyond the capacity of a human being. Many people believe that money and gratitude are synonymous, but in reality, they have no relationship to each other. There are times when money can be a symbol of gratitude, but it is a mistake to tie them together because gratitude goes far beyond money. For example, if we should ask a practitioner for help for a headache and attempted to express our gratitude in a monetary form, we might well believe that a nominal payment would be a sufficient expression of gratitude; but on the other hand, if we were healed of a cancer, we might feel that even if we took our last dollar and ran into debt besides, it would be a very small token of gratitude for such a healing. In both cases, we would be wrong, because gratitude for spiritual healing has no relationship at all to what has been healed. Spiritual healing can only come through a realization of God. It can only take place when an individual has so dedicated himself to spiritual living that he becomes a transparency through which God can act; and when the Spirit of God flows through an individual, that Spirit of God can heal the headache or the cancer. There should be no difference in the degree of gratitude in either case because our gratitude should not be merely for the healing of a headache or for the healing of a cancer. No, we should be grateful because we have been privileged to be a living witness to the fact that God is as available on earth today as He was two thousand years ago. How, then, can we be more grateful for the presence of God in one case than in another? The world at large does not have access to God because it has cut itself off from contact with God. Many people believe that if they go to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ November 1957, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 147K
Find Similar Documents