The Infinite Way: The New Horizon
- THE NEW HORIZON THE SENSE which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which produces the entire dream of human existence. It must be understood that there is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. It must be realized that the entire human scene is mesmeric suggestion, and we must rise above the desire for even good human conditions. Understand fully that suggestion, belief, or hypnotism is the substance, or fabric, of the whole mortal universe and that human conditions of both good and evil are dream pictures having no reality or permanence. Be willing for the harmonious as well as the inharmonious conditions of mortal existence to disappear from your experience in order that reality may be known and enjoyed and lived. Above this sense-life, there is a universe of Spirit governed by Love, peopled with children of God living in the household or temple of Truth. This world is real and permanent: Its substance is eternal Consciousness. In it there is no awareness of discords or even of temporary and material good. The first glimpse of Reality - of the Soul-realm - comes with the recognition and realization of the fact that all temporal conditions and experiences are products of self-hypnotism. With the realization that the entire human scene - its good as well as its evil - is illusion, come the first glimpse and taste of the world of God's creation and of the sons of God who inhabit the spiritual kingdom. Now, in this moment of uplifted consciousness, we are able, even though faintly, to see ourselves free of material, mortal, human, and legal laws. We behold ourselves separate and apart from the bondage of sense, and in a measure we glimpse the unlimited boundaries of eternal Life and of infinite Consciousness. The fetters of finite existence begin to fall away; the price tags begin to disappear. We no longer dwell in thought on human happiness or prosperity, nor is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...finite Way_ The New Horizon.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 24, 1963, The Inner Life
- THE INNER LIFE March 24, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THE MASTER SPEAKS ABOUT PRAYING in secret, of going into the inner sanctuary, not to be seen of men. He speaks also about giving our benevolences in secret, not to attract attention to ourselves as though we needed the praise of men. Both these principles are especially important in The Infinite Way. Outwardly we must not seem to be more righteous, we must not seem to be different from our next door neighbor, and yet in our inner life we must be so different that you would think we are people of two different worlds. Unlike this world, we can no longer indulge in prejudice, bias, bigotry, revenge, or the ambitions. Why? Because these are barriers to spiritual progress, and the main barrier to spiritual progress lies in the personal sense of the word I. Whenever we say "I am healthy, I am wealthy, I am grateful, I am loving, I am forgiving," we are indulging in personal sense which is the barrier to our reaching our ultimate goal. Everyone on the spiritual path-and the path may be of any name or nature-has the same goal: to reach the place described by Paul, "I live yet not I, Christ liveth my life," and ultimately to reach the high point of realization announced by the Master, "Thou seeth me, thou seeth the Father that sent me." 1 Let us forget the second revelation for now and let us go back to the first one, "I live yet not I, Christ liveth my life." 2 Do you not see that Christ is not "living my life" if I live by personal sense, by jealousies, bigotries, hatreds, revenge, animosities? No, all those human qualities leave no place for the Christ to live. Suppose we have a human ambition of any name or nature, what chance would Christ have to live our lives? What chance would Christ have to live our lives if we look out at this world with personal sense, with judgement or criticism as to religion, race or color, or if in any way we try to make others subservient to us? No, this is the meaning of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch 24, 1963, The Inner Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 12, 1964, I and My Father Are One
- I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE April 12, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii OUR SUNDAY MORNING tapes are still on the subject of "Between Two Worlds," the world of material sense and the world of spiritual consciousness. You are reminded that there are two worlds, although one of these disappears in proportion as you attain the consciousness of the other one. As you die daily to "man whose breath is in his nostrils," you are being reborn into the Son of God. But here you must remember, and I say you must often remember and consciously remember that there are not actually two worlds. There is only one, the world of consciousness or spirit, but there is a false sense of that world which you entertain and that false sense constitutes the other world-the world of material sense. I spoke this morning of Dr. Loren Eiseley's article entitled "The Uncomplete Man," published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1964, in which he tells of a revelation he experienced on the nature of the body which corresponds to what we have been teaching for more than thirty years. In this article, Dr. Eiseley says that all evil is based upon the belief that we are man. In other words, we are not man, and even Scripture says: "Know ye not that you are Gods 1 . . . . even your body is the temple of God." 2 We are really spiritual, offspring of spirit, and that which constitutes our material sense of world is this belief that we are man. You will remember our exercise in which you stand slightly in back of yourself with the word I, and look down at the feet and realize: "These feet are not me, they are mine." You then go up to the knees, the hips, the waist, the chest, the shoulders, the neck, the head, up to the topmost hair of the head, always declaring: "This is not me, this is mine." Then, as you go up and down that body mentally, at the end of the exercise you realize: "I am not in this body, but there is an I separate and apart from body which is the owner of this body-and therefore the body in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...64, I and My Father Are One.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 10, Love Seeketh Not Her Own
- ~ 10 ~ LOVE SEEKETH NOT HER OWN Love has in it no desire for return or recompense, so if what you do has in it any desire for reward, recognition, or gratitude, it becomes trade, not love. When two persons who say they love each other take the attitude, "You do this, and I'll do that," that is not love. That is trade. Love is what a person feels and does without a single trace of hope or desire for reward. The best way to explain it is to think of what you do for your children. You certainly have no thought of doing for them, hoping for their gratitude. No, you do for your children because that is your function as parents. If you could extend that same attitude to all, you might very well find you would wipe all discord out of your human relationships. Does not the discord come because you expect something in return for what you do? In that expectation you are violating spiritual law. Everything that you are entitled to in life must come from God, not from man- everything. It should be your privilege and joy to do every job that is given you to the best of your ability, not for the reward, not for recognition, not for gratitude, but because the job is to be done, and the only way you can fulfill yourself is to do it to the best of your ability. Your reward, your compensation, and your life's harmony come from God, not from man. So if anyone withholds gratitude, recognition, or reward, he is not cheating you. He is cheating himself. Gratitude is one of the great attributes of love, and a person who is not filled with gratitude is devoid of love which means that he is devoid of God. A person who is not grateful, is not cooperative, or who does not share is never cheating the other person. He is cheating only himself. As far as you and I are concerned, what we do should be done for the fulfillment of God as ourselves. An employee who goes into his place of business, forgets about the boss, forgets about the amount of his salary, and does his job to the utmost of his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, Love Seeketh Not Her Own.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 69K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 4, Progressive Unfoldment
- W Chapter Four Progressive Unfoldment hen you first embark on a spiritual or religious way of life, questions regarding the meaning and use of certain words will inevitably arise. You cannot speak without using words and as you know from consulting any unabridged dictionary, the same word may have many meanings and sometimes not even similar meanings, depending on how it is used. When it comes to religious terminology, this is even more true because people of many different religions use the same words, such as a word like "God", and they believe in that God. But if you were to ask a Roman Catholic about God, you would have one answer, from a Protestant another answer, from a Hebrew still another, from a Vedantist a quite different one, and those following the teachings of Shankara or Zen Buddhism would give even other meanings for God. Yet they all use the word God, and it means something different to each one. In metaphysics the word "Christ" has a different meaning from its meaning in orthodoxy, and the word "prayer" is hardly recognizable from its dictionary meaning. Prayer to most people is a petition to God for something. To other people it is an affirmation of truth. To still others it is wordless but with inner thought, and then to others it is wordless and without thought. So prayer has different meanings for different persons. This is true of every question that has been raised in regard to the Bible. As you study the various approaches to truth, you will find that the teachers use the same words, but that each approach gives to those words its own special meaning. So it is in the Infinite Way. We do not always agree with others on the meaning of words, and others do not agree with us. That is understandable. The main thing is that we ourselves understand what we mean when we use certain words, statements, thoughts, or truths. Affirmations of Truth or Reminders? Affirmations are sometimes used in truth-teachings, that is, a repetition of the same statement ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 4, Progressive Unfoldment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 5, 1964, The Man Who Has His Being in Christ
- THE MAN WHO HAS HIS BEING IN CHRIST April 5, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE SERIES OF TAPES we are working with now is called "The Oahu-Maui Series" because some of the tapes have been made here at The Infinite Way Study Center, another message was made at The Kapiolani Center on Oahu, and still others were made on Maui. Those who have worked with this series should now find it easier to bring about that transition in themselves from the man of earth to that man who has his being in Christ. This entire series has to do with that subject. Part of the series is entitled "Between Two Worlds," and the two worlds revealed are the world that is made up, on one hand, of personal sense-man whose breath is in his nostrils, the natural man, the man of earth-and on the other hand, the Son of God, the man of spiritual discernment, the man of Christ-consciousness. We were born as the natural man, but we have been told that we must die as this man and be reborn of the spirit so that even our prayers will be "in spirit and in truth." Through this series you have learned that, as long as you are judging by what you see, hear, taste, touch, or smell, or even think, you are in the world of the creature, "the natural man (who) is not under the law of God, neither indeed can be." 1 Think what that means. As long as you are judging by appearances, as long as you are seeing good and evil, believing in good and evil, you are not under the law of God. Shocking as that may sound, you may as well accept it. When you make the transition to the man who lives by "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," 2 you are then forming no judgments, but rather you are creating a vacuum within yourself resulting in an attitude of listening so that divine judgement may be rendered. Then you will discover that you never hear or see good or evil, but that the man and the universe of God's creating is revealed to you. Remember that it is not that you are seeing many things and many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Who Has His Being in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 88K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 22, 1964, The Bread You Cast Upon the Waters
- THE BREAD YOU CAST ON THE WATERS March 22, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii PROBABLY ONE OF THE GREATEST revelations of The Infinite Way is this: No amount of truth can benefit you, no matter how profound it is. You are benefitted only by your realization and your utilization of truth. Truth will not set you free. "Ye shall know the truth," and this means know. In the same way, every effort you make towards acquiring truth brings truth nearer home to you. I try to tell students not to depend on my books and not to depend on my tapes, because in and of themselves they have no effect. I have seen this happen in the lives of thousands of people who have read the books and heard the tapes. On the other hand, with hundreds of students I have witnessed a wonderful effect. What is the difference? Do you practice it? I know of people who receive gifts of books and write to me and say: "I have read your book and it is beautiful!" The effort you put into acquiring truth determines what you will get from it. "The bread you cast on the waters is the bread that will return unto you." 1 I never want to see an Infinite Way student turned away for lack of money, but neither do I want to see students continued in charity, because it will not demonstrate the principle of The Infinite Way. The Infinite Way is very clear that the secret of supply is giving, and I am not talking only about money. You do not get from The Infinite Way what you do not give. In our capitalistic days anyone could be successful by working hard enough, because life gives back what you put into it. In The Infinite Way I have witnessed so many people listening to lectures, reading books, going to classes, and accomplishing nothing. Why? Because they put nothing into it. I know that the whole secret of life is outpouring. This is true in any branch of life, whether you are studying an academic subject or whether you are studying a spiritual subject. Throughout my Infinite Way experience I have tried to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ad You Cast Upon the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 15, A Great Secret
- ... Since God Is from everlasting to everlasting, the nature of God must be eternity, infinity. There could be nothing in the nature of God that would shorten the life of man or the universe; therefore the life of man must be eternal and immortal. So right here you have no punishment -because all of our sins and diseases and deaths are supposed to be due to punishment. All our accidents, all the evils that befall us, are supposed to be due to punishment of one nature or another. "God's will" it is called-"God's will" that an airplane collapses with a hundred people on board, "God's will" that a steamship burns at sea or hits an iceberg. Do you not see that this was not in the original teaching of Jesus Christ? Do you not see that if you go back to the Gospels, you cannot find that God destroys life for any reason, since Jesus' mission was to raise the dead, to do the works of God, to show forth eternal life? His mission was to heal the sick and even to forgive the sinners. So God could not have provided both a punishment for sinners and forgiveness at the same time. Therefore if you go back to the basic teaching of Jesus Christ, you will discover that there is no punishment through God, no reward through God, and that it is "As you sow, so shall you reap." Of course, when you turn to the Oriental teachings where they have karma, you will also discover that it is your sowing that results in your reaping, and your reaping goes on until the sowing changes. If you can catch solidly and firmly this revelation in The Thunder of Silence and actually bear witness to the fact or come to a conviction within yourself, and can leave God right out of your calculations, out of your thinking, as far as your rewards and punishments are concerned, or your health or sickness, or your life and death-see if you cannot grasp this principle that "As ye sow, so shall ye reap." Then make the acknowledgment, "Regardless of where I am in life, regardless of what experience I may now be having: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 15, A Great Secret.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 97K
Find Similar Documents