The Heart of Mysticism: March 1957, Understanding The Body
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Understanding the Body THE secret of life is right identification. Right identification changes your life the very moment that you have a conscious awareness of your true identity and begin to embody it, the very moment that you recognize and realize: I am life eternal. I do not have to get knowledge of eternal life from a book: A book will not make my life eternal. I do not have to go to man whose breath is in his nostrils to learn something that will give me more life, youth, or vitality. No, all that any book or any man can do for me is to teach me that I already am that which I am seeking. That which I am seeking, I am; all that God is, I am because "I and my Father are one." 1 The moment we realize: "I am life eternal; I am pure Spirit, pure consciousness," the question immediately arises, "But what about this body?" This is a mystery that has heretofore been unexplained. With the exception of the writings of The Infinite Way, there is no literature in the world which I have ever discovered that discusses this subject thoroughly. It is one of the deep mysteries of the philosophical and spiritual world. Attempting to arrive at a satisfactory understanding of this subject through the intellect is almost an impossibility, due to the fact that the subject of body deals with contradictions, not only the contradictions found in philosophical and spiritual literature, but contradictions in Scripture as well. Nobody who has tried to resolve these contradictions through the mind, that is, through the reasoning faculties or the intellect, has ever been able to come to any kind of a satisfactory conclusion. The explanation of this enigma came to light in my consciousness during a closed class, and it came flowing out by pure inspiration. I knew nothing about it until that minute when it poured out. I was not consciously aware even of having known all the passages of Scripture that came pouring out with it. It is this revelation that I would share with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...957, Understanding The Body.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 157K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding
- ~ 20 ~ TRUTH UNFOLDING We cannot have a consciousness of truth and a demonstration; nor can we have a consciousness of truth before the demonstration, nor the demonstration before the consciousness of truth. First, there must be the consciousness of truth, and then, with it, comes the demonstration, because all demonstration is truth itself made evident-the Infinite Invisible becomes visible; the Word becomes flesh. There is no time lapse, or space lapse, between the Word and the flesh. The Word becomes flesh instantaneously. Truth becomes demonstration instantaneously, because demonstration is truth manifested. Nothing takes place in our outer world except as the manifestation and expression of our consciousness, and if truth is not active in our consciousness, then our demonstration is not the activity of truth. If our thought remains barren of truth, no matter how fruitful in material things it may be, it cannot bring forth spiritual fruitage. If we sow to the flesh, we reap corruption. If we sow to the Spirit, we reap the fruitage of the Spirit. Let us remember this: Our individual consciousness actually is God consciousness; God is our only consciousness. Therefore, all demonstration, all manifestation, is God consciousness expressed. It takes our knowing of this truth, however, to make that evident. All harmony in our experience is the direct result of the activity of truth in our consciousness. This activity of truth does not consist merely in making statements of truth, or in vain repetitions of truth, or in repeated affirmations of truth. That is not the activity of truth in consciousness. The activity of truth in consciousness is an awareness of the truth of being. As we learn to dwell on God, on God in Its infinite forms and varieties, on God as omnipresent, and especially on God as individual consciousness-your consciousness and mine-then the infinity of God appears. The Infinite Way of life is actually an entrance into the fourth dimension of life, into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 20, Truth Unfolding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 1, A Message for the New Year
- T Chapter One A Message for the New Year his is the time of year when you wish all those with whom you come in contact a happy New Year. You should realize that in doing this you are not benefiting those to whom you wish this happy New Year, nor are you doing anything to bring them a happy New Year by your wishing them one. Under certain conditions, however, you, yourself, are benefiting by wishing other people a happy New Year, but you must know what those certain conditions are. No one can bring a happy or prosperous New Year to another or a joyous one. Only the individual can do that for himself. Determining Factors in Achieving a Happy New Year You can wish a person a happy New Year but it will do nothing for him. The only thing that will ensure a happy New Year for him is whether or not he is living in accord with loving the Lord, his God, with all his soul, all his heart, and all his mind, and loving his neighbor as himself. To the extent of his violation of that he cannot have the happy New Year that you might wish him and would like for him to have. You cannot give it to anyone. Only he, himself, can determine the degree of the happiness of the New Year, and he determines that by the degree of his loving God and his neighbor as himself. Those are the determining factors in whether or not he will have a happy New Year. But this must not stop you from wishing a person a happy New Year because in the degree that you are wishing for others a happy New Year, in that degree are you loving your neighbor as yourself, in that degree are you loving God, and in that degree are you fulfilling the terms that will ensure you, yourself, a happy and prosperous New Year. But there is one catch to it and this is the one for which you must watch. Embrace All Mankind in Your Good Wishes When you wish a person a happy New Year, be sure that in your mind you are not wishing him personally a happy New Year, but that you are including all mankind, recognizing that every person is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... A Message for the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 9, God Seeks Us
- ... It is only as the Word of God is entertained within us, dwelt upon and remembered that the spiritual activities and spiritual qualities are brought into expression in our lives. The Master, Christ Jesus, gave us the secret in the fifteenth chapter of John, in which He reveals our relationship to God-"I am the vine, ye are the branches, and my Father is the husbandman." He goes on to say that great joy and peace will be ours; no evil and no harm can come near us; there will be nothing to fear "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you. . . ." The practical working of this means that we are to take the Word of God into our consciousness, into our minds and into our thoughts, and many times throughout the day, quietly and silently and within our inner being, remind ourselves of this Word of God. There are many times when we believe that we have need of money or companionship or help from others, and humanly we do. Perhaps we feel that we need a greater sense of love in our homes and businesses, or a greater sense of forgiveness and understanding of those with whom we are associated. There is a simple way in which all these needs can be met, yet one which will enable us to do everything we are called upon to do without fear, without doubt and without anxiety. For today, let us take this Word of God into our consciousness: "My grace is sufficient for thee . . . our sufficiency is of God," and whenever a need becomes apparent or there seems to be a lack or limitation, remember that this is our assurance that Thy Grace is my sufficiency-in all things, and watch how our every need in the world of practical every-day affairs will be met through the realization of the great truth of this Word of God. "My grace is sufficient for thee," and as we take this spiritual truth into our thought and ponder it and meditate upon it several times a day, we are taking the Word of God into our Soul as if it were a seed, and we let this Word of God take root, and eventually flower forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 9, God Seeks Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 103K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIX, Beyond Time and Space
- CHAPTER XXIX BEYOND TIME AND SPACE As human beings we live in the past, the present, and the future. The past has been, and there is nothing more we can do about it; the future has not come, and there is nothing that a human being can do except wait to see what the future is going to do to him. On the spiritual path our whole attitude toward the past and the future is changed because we realize that we are building our future now. Whatever fills our consciousness this minute is the seed we are sowing, and it determines the type of fruitage we will have. If we are sowing to the flesh, we will reap a future of corruption; whereas, if we sow to the Spirit, we will reap in the future, life everlasting. In the absolute sense there is no future: the future is only a continuation of the present; it is an extension in time and space of the present; and it is safe to say that our future will be this present, whatever this present is, extended into time and space. Since life is consciousness, the seeds that we sow in our consciousness at any and every moment of the day will determine the nature of the crops that we will reap in that extension of the present which is called the future. There is no future separate and apart from this minute: the future is only this minute extending itself, and the nature of that future must be the nature of this minute extending itself. So, if we abide in the Word and let the Word abide in us now, we will reap richly, spiritually, divinely, and harmoniously. Man is continually sowing the seeds of his own future. Each minute of his life he is building tomorrow, and next year, and the year following, and even ensuring that there will be these years to come. We build our life in consciousness by the nature of that which occupies our thoughts. As we live this minute, this minute extends itself forward into time and space, carrying with it the quality with which we have imbued this minute. If constantly and consciously we are realizing that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...XXIX, Beyond Time and Space.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:03- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 8, Questions & Answers
- ... I would say that it had to do with your receptivity to truth, which is the highest form of treatment there is, but when we begin to work mentally and then call it God-healing, it is ludicrous. When we reach a state of receptivity, however, so that when any case comes, the ear is open, and the impartation comes like a flash, telling us how to work or what truth to reveal, then that is God- healing. Question: Then you think that was God healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. This, I call being divinely led, because it did not consist of sitting down and giving a treatment to a disease or a condition. I do not believe in that kind of treatment. Turn to God and let God show you the need of the moment. Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I told him that there is no injustice, that man is perfect? He would want to throw such words right back at me. But when one is led to tell him the story of Joseph and his brethren, then he might begin to understand the spiritual sense of forgiveness. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human being and his activity and seeing that there at the center of his being sits God, which at the moment is being misinterpreted. In all treatment, never do I permit myself to think a thought, to make a denial, or to affirm a truth. I take the attitude: "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. . . . 8 Be still, and know that I am God." 9 Take the attitude that this is God's universe; let God do something about it; be a witness to God in action. Then you are led to say the right thing, think the right thing, or do the right thing. That is how the book, The Letters, came into existence. Whenever letters came from patients out of town asking for help, no matter what the problem was, I would sit down and turn within and let the Father speak. Then I would write a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 123K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 7, A Lesson On Grace
- Chapter Seven A Lesson On Grace Many persons turn to truth primarily for the purpose of finding a way to solve their human problems and then proceed to measure their spiritual progress by how many problems they do not have. This is a false measuring rod, although there undoubtedly does come a time when the complete absence of problems may mean spiritual demonstration or harmony attained. Jesus attained that after the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Too many students, however, are trying to attain it before the crucifixion and before the demonstration of resurrection. It cannot be accomplished. It must be understood clearly that the demonstration over the beliefs of what we call the human or carnal mind must be made before complete liberation can be attained. It is always a cause for rejoicing, therefore, when we are presented with problems and are able to resolve them. There was a time when I dreamed of having $100,000. I wanted that amount because the income from it would make me independent, and then I could be a practitioner without any worries. The day I became a practitioner I had exactly $250 in the world, and no human way of getting any more. That has been my salvation because now when I speak about demonstrating supply, I am not speaking from some textbook I have read or even passed an examination on. I am speaking from the experience of having proved the principle of supply. When I speak about health, I am not speaking from the pages of a book that I have read. I am speaking out of personal experience. In 1921 I was given three months to live by physicians in St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and many years later I was given only a few hours to live. So twice I have come back from the experience of imminent death, and both times through spiritual demonstration. What I have not experienced myself, I have experienced in the lives of my patients and students. Almost every problem of human existence has come to my experience directly or indirectly, and in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, A Lesson On Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 7, Practicing Spiritual Truth
- It must be buried deep in your consciousness and nurtured, fed, tended, cared for, and allowed to take root, to grow, to blossom, and to fulfill itself as fruitage that you can share. Do not look out the next day expecting to see a full-grown, fruit-bearing tree. Keep these gems of Truth locked up within yourself and witness how they develop and expand and come forth as fruitage. The seeds of Truth that we take within our consciousness, live with, and practice over and over are our gratitude to God or to each other, our benevolences, forgiveness of our enemies, and praying for them. When these seeds of Truth come to fruition-when the Truth has been demonstrated within us -then we can begin to share the fruitage. The Truth has become a power to heal, to increase supply, and so forth. We have the example of the Master who kept Truth locked up within Himself until the age of thirty. During that time He did not try to preach or teach or heal. He just pondered these Truths within Himself, ... All- Power is of God, and All-Power is good. Too often we want to share the Truth we have with others when we see them in their distress. We feel that what we have could be so important to them that we rush out and try to share it with them. But when you are so tempted, please remember this principle of secrecy. Remember that you may gain your neighbor's goodwill but you will forfeit Divine Grace. Keep Truth within yourself until it has come to fruitage. Do not give forth the Truth that you know, but give forth only the fruitage: forgiveness, prayers, tithes. The secret is to keep it within you until it is so clearly established in you that you can share it freely and liberally. Practice Truth in Every Activity The trend of one's life can be changed within a year by studying, practicing, and living spiritual Truth. Practitioners can heal us once, twice, three times, even ten times and can feed us both spiritually and physically. But if we ourselves do not rise sufficiently in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Practicing Spiritual Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 2, Knowing the Unknowable
- ~ 2 ~ KNOWING THE UNKNOWABLE Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 2, Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents