Living Now: Chapter 6, Mind Imbued with Truth
- ~ 6 ~ MIND IMBUED WITH TRUTH Mind is an instrument of awareness. Through the mind we can know and become aware of people, things, and ideas. With the mind we reason; with the mind we think. A human being can gain control of his mind if he is willing to study and practice to attain this mastery; and he can use his mind for a reasoning, a thinking, or a contemplative purpose. But it is the human being who is using his mind, and therefore, that mind must be an instrument or an effect: it cannot be a cause. There is an I behind the mind. There is an I who thinks through the mind and reasons with the mind. In other words, there is an I who uses the mind. Therefore, that I is greater than the mind. Through the instrumentality of the mind, we can think good thoughts or bad thoughts; we can perpetrate good deeds or bad deeds. Mind can be aware of good or of evil. If the mind is the creator of thought, however, and can create good thoughts as well as evil thoughts, then God certainly is not mind. How could mind be God if mind can be the instrument both of good and of evil? God is too pure to behold iniquity; God is light; in Him is no darkness at all; and when we penetrate beyond mind, we are in the realm of neither good nor evil: we are in the realm of pure Being. To have received illumination in any degree is to have revealed within our own being the truth that God is good-not good and evil: good! God is love-not love and hate, just love! God is life-not life and death, just life! God is one, and there is no duality in God, nor are there any pairs of opposites in Him. Once illumination is attained, we are living beyond the pairs of opposites in a consciousness of neither good nor evil. In that state of consciousness, we cannot be good and we cannot be evil: we can just be. The sun cannot be good or evil: it can just shine. If we are out in the sun for the proper length of time, the effect on us is good, but if we are out in it too long and get a severe sunburn, the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Mind Imbued with Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Nine, Individual Discovery of Truth
- ... Many people are living miserable lives because they are sitting around waiting for love to come to them; others are waiting for friendship to come to them; and still others are waiting for justice and mercy. They wait and wait; they beg and they plead; they even pray, but it does not come. And it never can come. There is only one way in which love, abundance, mercy, justice, and goodness can be demonstrated, and that is to express them-to let them flow out, to cast our bread upon the waters. Through meditation and then by actual demonstration, I learned that the fullness of the Godhead is within me. God has fulfilled Himself as my individual being, but I can only demonstrate this in proportion to my ability to live it. If I have but a few coins today and am willing to part with one or two of them, sharing them with someone who has still less, or if I have no coins at all but do have an awareness of my identity, and if I am willing to sit and pray and realize that truth for my fellow man-for my friends, for my neighbors, for my enemies- if that is all I have, I cast that bread upon the water. If I can find some way to be a friend, if I can find some way of expressing forgiveness, if I can find some way of being more just and more merciful, if I can accept the Messianic message, "He that hath seen me, hath seen the Father," 6 and if I begin, in any given moment, to act out that way of life by loving, sharing, forgiving, and co-operating, I have begun the demonstration of my harmony. Be assured of this: God has not created His own image and likeness and left it lacking for anything. The image and likeness of God, God's own manifestation of Its own being, does not have sufficient money and at the same time insufficient health, or abundant health and not enough money. The image and likeness of that I which I am, the infinite Spirit Itself in individual manifestation and expression, is the embodiment of all that God is. That recognition is a revelation of truth, but it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...dividual Discovery of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter I, What Is Spiritual Heating?
- CHAPTER I WHAT IS SPIRITUAL HEALING? The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be the instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody. Until the last century, healing had been considered largely the prerogative of the medical profession; but in recent years, so many churches have turned their attention to this subject that today the healing of mind, body, and personal relationships is beginning to be considered as much the function of the church as of the doctor's office. Churches are opening their doors to discussions of the possibility of healing through prayer and other means. Other organizations are being formed for the purpose of engaging in research and in promoting the study and practice of various forms of healing, ranging all the way from spiritual healing to psychological and psychic healing. More and more, spiritual healing is being discussed and practiced. It looks as if within the next half century or so, materia medica will have found a remedy for almost every physical disease now known, and there will then be little need of metaphysical practitioners as far as the healing of physical disease is concerned. That, however, will not solve life's problems; it will not solve the problems of the world because the world's problem is not really a problem of disease. Disease is only one of the many facets of inharmony and discord in life. Advances in medicine will not eliminate the need for spiritual healing because, even with 100 per cent success in physical healing, I do not believe that such healing will ever succeed in revealing man's Soul to him. That will be the function of the practitioner of spiritual healing. Man will find that even when all physical, mental, moral, or financial discords have been eliminated there will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... What Is Spiritual Heating_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 9, The Mind of Christ Jesus
- ~ 9 ~ THE MIND OF CHRIST JESUS Our task now will be the revelation of the consciousness of the statement, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 Throughout all recorded history, no such works were ever done as those of the Master and, yet, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing," 2 and again, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 It is agreed by all students of metaphysics that the mighty works were the direct activity of that mind which was in Christ Jesus and, according to his own word, that mind was not personal to Jesus, but was "my Father and your Father"-the universal mind or creative principle of all men. Thus, the mind of man is the creative principle of the universe. We, however, long taught to believe that our mind is personal to us, that therefore the mind of one individual differs in intelligence and understanding from another, have lost the consciousness of the infinity of mind, our mind. We can regain this true consciousness of mind only in the degree that we perceive the universality and oneness of mind. We often hear it said, "Oh, if Jesus were only on earth today." Whereas, we must realize that the mind which was in Christ Jesus, the consciousness which healed the sick, fed the multitudes, and raised the dead, is your mind and my mind, and in proportion as we gain spiritually this perception, will we do those works, "and even greater works." After the re-introduction of spiritual healing many mighty healing works were done. So much so, that great edifices were erected in gratitude for marvelous healings and works of reformation. Today we hear that healing work does not compare to the early days in the field of metaphysics, and yet we know that healings were not accomplished by person, but by principle; not by people, but by that mind which was in Christ Jesus. Is it not clear then that we need, more than anything else, to recapture the consciousness of the presence of that mind? Must we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...9, The Mind of Christ Jesus.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:43- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1958, Praying Aright
- ... The inner communion helps to purify us, but a little conscious effort toward controlling our grosser feelings also helps us to reach that deeper communion. Inner communion results in an outer activity of harmony and peace, but no one can live in that inner communion if he is violating such spiritual laws as those that have been revealed by Christ Jesus. No one can expect to live an inner life of communion with signs following if, at the same time, he is hating his fellow-man, entertaining prejudice or bigotry, indulging in miserliness, or withholding forgiveness, understanding, or cooperation. Inner communion under such circumstances is an impossibility. Establishing a Conscious Awareness of the Presence In the early morning hours, before the day's activities have begun, we must be sure that we have established ourselves in God's grace and that we are in the rhythm of God-consciousness. ... Then we can go about our day's work: We have prayed-we have prayed ourselves into the very kingdom of heaven; we have prayed ourselves into God's grace. It may be necessary at noon or in the afternoon or evening when the distresses of the day crowd in to re-establish this contact. Again we turn within. This time something of a quite different nature may come: "What have I against any man, and what has any man against me?" Immediately we begin inwardly to make peace: * God is love. God is forever loving; God's love is flowing through me to all this world. God's forgiveness touches everyone-the man born blind, the thief on the cross, the woman taken in adultery, the leper. God's grace is a state of forgiveness for everybody, and God's love and God's forgiveness flow through me to all the world. In this meditation, we have made peace with our brother, and now our prayer is fruitful. Again, that is only the first half of the prayer: The second half is sitting in the silence, receptive, responsive, waiting until the flow begins. Suddenly we are lifted up and we know that we are in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tember 1958, Praying Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: The Christ
- ... We realize that whatever of good comes to us is the direct result of our own understanding of the nature of our own being. Our understanding of spiritual life unfolds in proportion to our receptivity to Truth, not praying up to God, but letting God unfold and reveal Itself to us. This is the higher concept of prayer. It is achieved as we take a few minutes now and then during the day and evening to meditate, commune, listen. In quietness, we become a state of receptivity which opens the way for us to feel or become aware of the very presence of God. This feel, or awareness, is the activity of God, Truth, in our consciousness - it is the Christ, the Reality of us. Ordinarily we live in a world of sense and concern ourselves only with the objects of sense. This gives us our experiences of good and evil, pain and pleasure. As we, through our study and meditation, turn more to the mental side of life, we find that we develop higher thoughts and, therefore, we experience better conditions. As our mental qualities become more refined and we take on more patience, kindness, charitableness, and forgiveness, our human experiences reflect these qualities back to us. But let us not stop there. Higher even than the plane of body and mind, there is the realm of Soul, the kingdom of God. Here we find the reality of our being, our divine nature - not that body and mind are separate or apart from Soul, but that Soul is the deepest recess of our being. In the realm of Soul, we find complete tranquility, absolute peace, harmony, and dominion. Here we find neither good nor evil, pain nor pleasure - only the joy of being. We are in the world, but not of it because we no longer see the world of sense as it appears to be but, having awakened our spiritual sense, we "see him as he is" - we see through appearances to the Real. Heretofore, we have sought our happiness in the objective universe, in person, place, or thing. Now, through spiritual sense, Soul-sense, the whole world tends to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 5, The Function of the Christ in Us
- ... That is why these horrors could take place. They could not have taken place in the presence of Jesus Christ; they could not have taken place in the presence of Moses; they could not have taken place in the presence of Elijah. Where those men were, the presence of God was. Consider the world, its many sicknesses and the great suffering of many thousands today. Notice the much praying to God, even the trips to Lourdes, and how, under ordinary circumstances, if some doctor does not come along with a discovery or some appropriate procedure to cure these persons, they die. God does not save them. If some medicine or surgery is not discovered or administered, they die. Then notice the difference when those who are on the spiritual path are confronted with the same conditions and call for spiritual help. The spiritually endowed practitioner brings to a situation the actual presence of God, and where the presence of God is, there is liberty and there is healing. Wherever Jesus walked, there was healing, there was forgiveness of sin, and there was supplying. Wherever any spiritually minded practitioner exists, there must be healing. It does not mean that everyone gets healed, because frankly everyone is not receptive to spiritual healing. A Desire to Know God Makes for a Receptivity to Spiritual Healing To be receptive to spiritual healing means that there must be an innate desire for God, not just a great desire to be healed. There is no virtue in that. Everybody in the world wants to be well, so that he can work and take care of his family. The fertile ground for spiritual healing is in the individual who wants not merely to be healed-being healed is a natural desire-but who along with this says, "Of course, I want to be healed, but that is not my major problem. Above all things, I want to know God. Above all things, I must know God. I do not want to pass from this earth before I have come face to face with God. I want to know the secret behind this universe. I want to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...unction of the Christ in Us.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:23- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 9, The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible
- Chapter Nine The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible As we grow more and more proficient in meditation, we will become more quiet inside, so that eventually we can hear the still small voice, which is the object of meditation. God is not in the whirlwind or in the storm; God is not in disaster or disease; God is not in the troubles of the world. God is in the "still small voice," 1 and when "he uttered his voice, the earth melted." 2 When God speaks, our problems dissolve, whether they are physical, mental, moral, financial, or whatever they may be. When we hear the voice of God, our entire outer universe changes. The whole world becomes different after we have begun to receive impartations from within. God Must Be Realized The secret revealed in spiritual teaching is that God is not in the visible universe, except where God is realized. The Hebrew people were in slavery to Pharaoh for hundreds of years, and yet they prayed to God religiously and faithfully and to the best of their ability. But nothing changed their slavery; and God was nowhere visible in their experience. When Moses came face to face with God and heard the voice, however, not all of Pharaoh's armies could enslave the Hebrews any longer. Moses, even without armies, without arms, without weapons, was enabled to bring about the release of the Hebrew people from Pharaoh, in spite of his armies. That was possible because Moses was able to bring to bear the actual presence of God, not praying to a God, but actually bringing God's presence to earth in human consciousness. The Hebrew prophets at different times brought some measure of freedom to the Hebrew people, but the Hebrews of those days were somewhat in the same position that people of the world are today. No matter how many times they get their freedom, they go back into slavery in some form or other. It makes no difference whether we think we are in slavery or not, we have been for a long time and so has the world. Why? The same reason the Hebrews ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Kingdom Made Tangible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 12, Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience
- Chapter Twelve Christ-Consciousness As a Universal Experience The first coming of the Christ is the coming of the Christ to individual consciousness, the Christ expressed as Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Buddha, Lao-tzu, Jesus, John, Paul, and all who followed. With the evolution of consciousness, we are entering the period on earth which is referred to in scripture as the second coming of the Christ when that divine primal Consciousness will become the consciousness of all mankind, universally, and the new generation will not have to be taught metaphysics, mysticism, or religion, but will be born into it. That is about to take place. Up to now religion has been on an individual scale and has been taught with the hope of bringing individuals to spirituality. Then the next generation comes into being, and the people have to be taught all over again because they were born into the same belief in two powers. By the time they were brought to some measure of understanding, they died, and the next generation was born, and again they had to be taught. That is going to be ended. Even the children of the next generation will be born into spiritual consciousness because now that this consciousness is being revealed on earth, everyone who comes to earth will come into Christ-consciousness. Our Measure of Attained Spiritual Consciousness Becomes the Heritage of Future Generations Those of us on earth today and in times past were born into carnal consciousness because there was no other consciousness here. No matter of what religious persuasion we were, it was still a carnal consciousness, made up of good and evil, health and sickness, made up of the belief of a life-span of threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty. In other words, we were born into a material state of consciousness, even if it was what might be considered a perfect material state. What we are now establishing is spiritual consciousness on earth. Through our reading, study, meditation, and practice, we have entered ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s As a Universal Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 119K
Find Similar Documents