God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 2, Building The New Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ BUILDING THE NEW CONSCIOUSNESS Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate* The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding The New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 10, The Widening Circle Of Prayer
- ... We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with him and attained an absolute conviction that our desire is that the grace of God be his experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace: "Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and in His love, peace, and prosperity." We can then go back to the altar, leave our gift, and pray: Father, forgive me as I have forgiven those who have offended me. Father, may Thy grace he upon me as I have visited Thy grace upon them. I have prayed only that my sins be forgiven me as I have forgiven the sins of others. I pray only that Thy grace be upon me in proportion as I desire It to be upon those others. All this is done silently, secretly, sacredly, and for one purpose: that God's grace be established on earth. Is there a better way of establishing God's kingdom on earth? Can we for a moment believe that the Christ-kingdom will ever come without love, without forgiveness, without withdrawing condemnation and criticism? Is there anyone so much above judgment, criticism, or condemnation that he thinks God's grace should come to him and not to all mankind? Among those who have realized even a tiny measure of God's grace, there is the realization: "I do not claim to have attained, not fully; but I am forgetting the sins which are past and am looking to the full demonstration of Christhood." If we recognize that for ourselves, we have to acknowledge that even if they have not yet attained their spiritual perfection, every man, woman, and child would like to forget their sins and open their souls to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Widening Circle Of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 7, Planting and Cultivating The Seed
- ~ 7 ~ PLANTING AND CULTIVATING THE SEED WITH THE CONTINUED PRACTICE of the presence of God comes a steady lessening of personal responsibility. An inner quiet, a peace, and a joy develop which make contemplative meditation easier. The practice of the Presence begins to remold your entire consciousness so that instead of your living your own life or being dependent on your own wisdom, education, or physical strength, you are now drawing on this untapped invisible Source which is available to every person in the degree that he knows the truth. Throughout the day as you acknowledge that regardless of the name or nature of your problem there is a He within you greater than any problem that faces you, you relax in Him. Eventually the day comes when you can say, "I am not living my own life. I am living, yes, but I am not striving or struggling: Christ is living my life, this Spirit of God in me, this spiritual Presence." There is an awareness of Something. Practicing the presence of God leads to meditation, and meditation leads to the actual contact with God and an inner assurance of His presence. Then you are praying the prayer that enables you to be in the inner sanctuary within yourself and there tabernacle with God. THE INVISIBLE LIFE-FORCE IN OPERATION Think for a moment of a garden. To bring forth fruitage, seeds must be planted. You may keep the seeds stored away for days, weeks, months, or years, and nothing happens to them. But the moment you place those seeds in the ground and provide them with the necessary rain, sun, air, and temperature, something happens. The seed breaks open, takes root, sends shoots up through the ground, and eventually becomes a plant or tree, bearing flowers or fruit. The point is that something happened to that seed when it was placed in its natural environment, the ground. If you could look down into the ground, using the most powerful of magnifying glasses and time-photography, you would observe the seed breaking open, but you could ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng and Cultivating The Seed.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Building the New Consciousness
- Building the New Consciousness Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the Presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate 1 The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding the New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XII, Resist Not
- CHAPTER XII RESIST NOT To live the spiritual life means to live above the human sense of life, to live without recourse to human modes and means, that is, to live by the Christ. It means never to return evil for evil, never to pray or hope or wish or desire that another suffer for his offense-even his offense to us-never to desire to recoup our losses, which is the human way of life and, under our laws, legal. But legal or not, this is not the way of the Christ. True, if someone defrauds us, it is considered legitimate, proper, and right to sue him, but such procedure is not spiritual. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. MATTHEW 5:40 If someone were to counsel us, "I say to you, you must stop your lawsuits. If anybody wants to take your property, let him have it; if he wants your home, let him take it; if he takes your automobile, let him have it; and if he decides to come in and get your jewelry, let him have that too, and then look around and see if you cannot give him a few extra things in addition to what he already has taken," such advice would seem contrary to all reason. But that is what Jesus tells us to do in the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, and at this moment we have no way of knowing whether he was right or wrong. We have no way of knowing whether we might not benefit twice over by obeying that very command because most of us have not tried the resist-not-evil way of life; and moreover, until we have reached that state of consciousness, it would probably be very unwise for us to try it. At first thought, such a teaching might seem to mean that we are to let anybody and everybody walk all over us, defraud and take from us all that we have while we are just the sweet gentle things that permit ourselves to be walked on. But Jesus the Christ never meant that. What he meant was that we should not retaliate humanly, but he did not say what would happen spiritually if his advice were followed. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter XII, Resist Not.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 113K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 5, Carriers of the Divine Message
- ~ 5 ~ CARRIERS OF THE DIVINE MESSAGE EVERY WORD THAT IS SPOKEN and every moment of silence are the same thread of continuity of spiritual Consciousness expressing Itself. But while It expresses Itself in words and in thoughts, Its most powerful mode of expression is silence. Our thoughts and words are very weak substitutes for the real teaching, which comes through the silent and still activity of our Soul and is best apprehended in silence. Truth is not new. It is as ancient as the ancient of days. The Christ has been made manifest throughout all time in various forms and has appeared as many different people. They stalk through our minds, these people of the past, leaving in our minds the impressions of their thoughts and acts, their desires and aims, their hopes and their faith, and ofttimes their accomplishments and failures. They relive the history of the ages for us, telling and retelling the struggles of mankind, its comedy and its drama. The philosophy and the religion of all eras pass by as in review, and we watch them go from the freedom of inspired thought to their imprisonment in organization and human interpretation. We follow the flight of the universal Light as It inspires the meditations and prayers of Buddha, Shankara, Jesus, John and Paul; we see Its illumination touch the consciousness of these inspired souls; and again we witness the sad spectacle of this Light being chained by men in personalities. What is this Light men seek to personify? Why does not man push aside the veil covering his eyes that he may behold the impersonal Savior and Physician? Purifier of the individual soul and healer of the personal body, glorious Light of all ages-nameless, formless, universal, impersonal-O man, enlarge your vision and behold It here and now. It walks beside you by day and sits by your side at night; on your journey It travels as Guide and Protector; in your work It serves to inspire and direct. Open your consciousness, now, and let this Presence in. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...riers of the Divine Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 107K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 12, The Religion of Mysticism
- ... In living the truly Christ life, the spiritual or mystical life, the motivating and guiding impulse of our experience must be that of love. We must develop ourselves to the point where we hold no one in judgment, and where we entertain no feeling of separation from our fellow-man. This does not mean that we will not have individual opinions, nor does it mean that we will agree with some teaching which our intelligence cannot accept. It does not mean giving up our individuality, or our sense of right or wrong, but it does mean that by giving up our sense of judgment we permit each man to go his own way and to follow his own convictions. But we must love him just the same, seeing that the basic spiritual principle is God. In other words, despite any disagreement on the human level of life let us understand, within ourselves, that we are one in Christ, regardless of race, color, national, political or religious affiliations or convictions. Whatever we or others do that does not conform to this standard must not bring forth criticism, judgment or condemnation, but in every case forgiveness. As the Master might have said, "Neither do I condemn thee nor sit in judgment upon thee-who made me a judge over anyone?" So by closing our eyes to the physical appearance we can agree that, spiritually, we are one with each other; we are one with every individual on the face of the globe because of our Sonship in God, our Brotherhood in Christ. In that consciousness of love in which there is neither judgment, criticism nor fear, all sense of opposition to error fades, and in fading, all discord fades with it because discord is nothing more nor less than a false sense entertained within our own being. This false sense is not one for which we are necessarily responsible, because every one who has ever been born is a victim of universal belief until, through some activity of his own consciousness, he begins to understand that God is the creative principle of his being. He begins to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Religion of Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 122K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXIII, The Inner Universe
- ... Therefore, an infinity of supply lies within you, but if you let your vision stray outside to the husband or wife who may seem to be the channel, to the position, the business, or the securities that may seem to be the avenue, you may be lost, for everyone on earth has found sometime or other that all outside reliances collapse. Whether you think of supply in terms of a supply of love, of home and companionship, a supply of opportunity and recognition, a supply of money, compensation, or reward, the supply is within you and must flow out from you, and you must live your realization of its omnipresence by beginning with a penny, if necessary, and giving it to some impersonal purpose. Supply is omnipresent within you; supply will never leave you, nor forsake you. You can never go any place where supply is not. You carry it with you just as you carry your integrity, your loyalty, and your fidelity. You cannot leave it behind because supply is spiritual: it is your awareness of God in the midst of you to be proved by beginning at once to give, share, and express it. If necessary, you have to give forgiveness: you have to sit down and search your thought and see what or whom there is on the face of the globe that you are holding in condemnation, criticism, or judgment, and forgive it or them. Forgive, forgive. God is infinite being, and God is the infinity of your individual being. Demonstrate this, prove it. Begin, in whatever way is open to you at this second, to let God's grace flow out from you. Do not pray that God's grace come to you: open out a way to let God's grace flow from you. There is a Presence within you that goes before you to "make the crooked places straight." Your realization of It releases It. There is a cement within you that cements your relationships with everybody in the whole world: your realization of that releases it. This world is governed from within. This world, this outer world, is governed from within. No flower blooms except by virtue of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXXIII, The Inner Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 10, The Mission of the Messiah
- ~ 10 ~ THE MISSION OF THE MESSIAH For centuries, the Hebrews had watched eagerly for the coming of the promised Messiah. They were, of course, practically slaves of Caesar and were not too happy even with their church administration which was holding them under too tight a bond, so they had been scanning the skies for years for this new Messiah. They thought that with his coming they would be free of many of the tithes required of them by the church and of the taxes they were paying to Caesar, because the financial drain on them had grown to be a serious problem. So naturally their expectancy was that, when the Messiah came, he would certainly dethrone Caesar and give them the Holy Land in which to live as a free people. Political freedom probably was uppermost in their minds, because then Palestine would become a political entity, free of the domination of Rome, and they would be a free people economically, politically, and nationally. There is every indication that that is what they were expecting of their Messiah, but when Jesus came he did not give them the material freedom which they sought. In answer to all the requests and demands as to when this long awaited freedom would be given them, he answered, "My kingdom is not of this world." 1 To free the Hebrews politically, economically, or nationally was not his mission, and that is perhaps the reason they rejected him. If Jesus had offered to lead an army against Caesar, they would probably have accepted him as their Messiah and their king. But that was impossible because that was not the nature of his mission. His ministry was a spiritual one, and what he was offering them was spiritual freedom, freedom from every kind of materiality. If the Hebrews had been able to accept this, it would have freed them from Caesar and from all the other bonds, because when people are spiritually free, they are physically and mentally free; but their vision did not go that far. They could not accept a Messiah with that kind of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Mission of the Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 14, 1963, There Is Only One God Consciousness
- ... It is given to all those students who have been with The Infinite Way writings and recordings for enough years that the letter of truth is established within them and they can enter the period of opening their consciousness to the experience. For years you have read that The Infinite Way is not a message, it is an experience, but today you must realize that the time to demonstrate the experience is here for you. This is not so for beginning students; they may have to go through a period of preparation. However, it will not be as long as your period of preparation for this reason: The degree of your attainment lessens the period of their preparing. Each one of you could take that word I and ask yourself: "Is there anything to me except conscious awareness?" In the physical realm you are conscious of your body and you are conscious of the body of others. You are conscious of the body of ocean and the body of stars, and you are aware of the body of edifices. Then you go up higher into the mental realm and find that you are aware of brotherly love, justice, mercy, benevolence, forgiveness, and you are aware of the ideas and ideals. Why not take the next step and realize: "I can be aware of the things of God because there is an area of my consciousness which is the child of God, otherwise I could not unfold it or disclose it." Do not be impatient. The Way is straight and narrow but, knowing there is a part of you that is the child of God, you can afford to be patient. There is an area of divinity incorporated in your consciousness; there is an area of your consciousness which is heaven; there is an area of your consciousness in which an angel dwells. It must be loosed, it must be released, it must ascend. Pay no attention to the mistakes of your humanhood because this will keep you out of the kingdom of heaven. Remember that you are trying to reach your divinity, that which never had humanhood. The Master revealed: "The kingdom of God is within you." 4 The realm of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Only One God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 112K
Find Similar Documents