The GIft of Love: Chapter 3, Love Thy Neighbor
- ~ 3 ~ LOVE THY NEIGHBOR In order to love our neighbor as ourselves, we have to move out of the human sense of love into the Divine. To be very honest, not many persons are really able to love human beings. The ones we do love supremely and those in whom we put our faith and trust sometimes fail us. To love our neighbor as ourselves, therefore, does not mean that we are to love the human race with all its failings. This would not be loving our neighbor as ourselves. This would be being blind. When I look at a person, I must not look at his outer human appearance and love that. I must look through him and realize that in the midst of him God is, and that God is living his life. I see in him the image and likeness of God, the presence of God, the glory of God. If I accepted what I see with my eyes, I would be disappointed in far too many persons. But I look through the appearance they present and acknowledge: In you is the child of God; in you dwells the Christ of God. In your true being, God is your life, God is your soul, God is your mind. It does not matter how evil the person may appear to be. I look through that to the divinity which is at the center of his being and say to myself, "I love you as I love my Self, because my Self is your Self. God's Self is my Self and God's Self is your Self. There is only one spiritual Self." In this way I am crediting God with having given expression only to His own spiritual image and likeness which is forever perfect, and I love that image and likeness as my Self. I find nothing in him to forgive, because I see nothing in him but his spiritual selfhood. I find nothing in him to excuse, nothing to judge, nothing to criticize, nothing to condemn. I am not dealing with a human being: I am dealing with the image and likeness of God which is his true selfhood. As we love God and our neighbor in this way, we remove ourselves from the human sense of law and bring ourselves under Grace. As long as I hold a person under the law of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 3, Love Thy Neighbor.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 12, The Realm of God
- CHAPTER 12 The Realm of God CAN YOU imagine what it means to break the limitations of personal selfhood in this realization when I say "I"? I am talking about a Kingdom of God, a Realm of God, that is within me, which is my inner spiritual selfhood, and out of this I flows infinite capacity, infinite substance, infinite abundance, infinite wisdom, infinite love. Now what happens in this and no other way that has ever been discovered or revealed to man, is that we break what the Orientals call karmic law, and also what in Christian teaching is called "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." Please remember that as human beings we are born into the law of "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." If you are good, goodness comes back to you, and in the degree that you are not good, something of an ungood nature comes back to you. In the Bible, back in the days of Moses and even before, it was erroneously taught that it is God that rewards you and God that punishes you. Of course, the Hebrews accepted this for generations and generations, and then finally the Christians took over that teaching and they too have made a point of it-that God rewards you and God punishes you. But there isn't a word of Truth in the entire teaching. All of the good that comes into your experience as a human is a direct result of your own good: "as ye sow, so shall ye reap." All of the evil that comes into your experience comes back as a direct result either of the evil you have sown or the ignorance of Truth that you have accepted. It has nothing to do with God, because "God is too pure to behold iniquity." I can also assure you of this: in the entire Kingdom of God, there is neither reward nor punishment. In the entire Kingdom of God there is no evil. In the entire Kingdom of God, there is no giving and there is no withholding-for you must understand that if there were giving, there would first have to be withholding. In other words, if there were any such thing as the sun giving light, it would indicate that at ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 12, The Realm of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 30, War
- ~ 30 ~ WAR Of all the so-called errors on earth, war is the belief most likely to ensnare the Christian Scientist into accepting an illusion as reality. The reason for this is that there always seem to be two sides; one on the right side defending "democracy," "modern society," "Christianity," "freedom," while the other, on the wrong side, would destroy these precious gifts from God to man (which gifts, it would seem, God is not able to preserve without the help of defenders). I am not referring exclusively to either of the "World Wars" because these same conditions have existed in all wars throughout the ages. Christian Scientists cannot say, "A thousand shall fall at thy (my) side, and ten thousand at thy (my) right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee (me)," 1 unless they see through the snare of a right side and a wrong side and realize that there is no such condition as right and wrong because there is no war, no error, no sin, disease or death: God is all; God is omnipresent; God is the only life and being, and in this life which is one there can be no conflicting forces, energies, or desires. Christian Science teachers and practitioners throughout the world, daily assure their students and their patients that there is no disease; that the appearance of such is but the false testimony of human sense; that they are not to fear error nor believe in its reality or power. They are taught and they teach that God is the only mind. Shall they not be consistent and remember that, as this divine mind is the universal mind, and therefore the mind of individual being, there is no lack of intelligence and love in this mind and therefore these qualities of love, intelligence, harmony and peace are the actual and only states of being here and now, regardless of human testimony to the contrary. Only in the degree that we, as disciples of truth and love, maintain in our consciousness this truth of being, shall we be lifted up so as to "draw all men unto me," and thereby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...arly Years_ Chapter 30, War.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 14, A Word to the Wise
- ~ 14 ~ A WORD TO THE WISE ALL ERROR IS HYPNOTISM claiming to operate as your own thinking. As soon as you realize the error is not your thinking or that of your patient, you separate yourself from the suggestion and you become free. The act of recognizing the error-regardless of its form-as universal hypnotism or mesmeric suggestion claiming to act as your own thought or thinking, is the release. Only while the error is unrecognized as suggestion or imposed hypnotism, do you remain in the sin, disease or lack. Every claim of the body governing or controlling you, every belief of limitation, every appearance of sin or disease, lack or death, is but hypnotism claiming to act as your thinking. The realization of this truth is your remedy. Every claim or suggestion of mortality, even good mortality, must be handled in this way. These human appearances when seen as the activity of mesmerism must now be traced back to the one mind and understood as the finite sense of mind-life and mind's formation. This reversal of the picture and reinterpretation completes the treatment and reveals divine harmony where error seemed to be. To be a practitioner or teacher, you must in some measure have been released from this universal hypnotism so that you stand in back of this world as it were, and "see" with the un-hypnotized mind which is God. In this illumined consciousness it is evident that mesmerism, seen and recognized, is not power; it never was real power, but operated as both presence and power until detected and cast out through the realization of the Self as the all-power. Remember that hypnotism always appears as person, thing, or condition, circumstance or place. The wise practitioner is always able to see behind the false, finite appearance because he is beholding with the unfettered mind which is God. This is summed up for us in The Infinite Way, as follows: "The sense which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 14, A Word to the Wise.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 6, The Light Breaking Through
- ~ 6 ~ THE LIGHT BREAKING THROUGH Primal, original Consciousness is pure, infinite, harmonious, and all-good; and this is the consciousness of individual being. When we cut ourselves off or are cut off from that infinite divine Consciousness and come to have a mind and a life of our own, separate from God, we are no longer under the law of God. Life then becomes a matter of chance, a statistic: sometimes good and sometimes evil, but more often evil than good. The only hope for a restoration to harmony is to return to the Father's house and be united again consciously with God. Fortunately, this does not depend upon us. It is not our human efforts that bring us back to God. It is the grace of God breaking through. I hope that none of us will ever think that we brought ourselves to a spiritual teaching or that we are responsible for remaining on the spiritual path or for any spiritual progress in our life. This would destroy all our chances for real progress. If we think of the millions of people on earth who from almost any standpoint are as good or better than we are and who are not on the Path, but are surely entitled to be on the spiritual path as much as we are, it must be clear that we have not come this far because we deserve it or because we have chosen God. To believe that we of ourselves have chosen a spiritual pathway would be egotism in its final stage. No, God has chosen us. The finger of God has touched us, not because we have earned it, deserved it, or are better than the rest of mankind, but for reasons which go back long before our present experience on earth, reasons that have to do with evolving consciousness which always comes to fruition in its own time. "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you. . . . I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." 1 As we evolve from state to state of consciousness, at last we return to where we were in the beginning with all the glory we had with God before the human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Light Breaking Through.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 87K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 10, 1964, Three Lost Secrets
- THREE LOST SECRETS January 10, 1964 GOOD EVENING. For your meditation will you please ponder this: You have not come here to hear me, nor to receive a message from me. You have come here to be instructed by the spirit that is within you, to hear the still small voice that is within you, and my part is merely that you may be lifted up to the point of spiritual apprehension or spiritual discernment-not discernment of what I say but discernment of what is revealed within you. It is possible that something may come through my lips that may be the message that you will receive, but do not be surprised if you hear something tonight and discover later that I never said it-if you are not here to see or hear a man but to receive the grace of God. Because if two or more of us unite in this meditation, we will be lifted up to that point of spiritual discernment; then the voice can speak, either through my lips or it may speak directly through your consciousness. I would like to talk tonight about three lost secrets. They are not lost in the sense that they have been lost to consciousness, but they have been lost from mankind. The only reason you have them in active form today is through revelation because, although they exist as written words, they are passed over as if they were not major factors-and they are sadly misinterpreted. Let us take first, secrecy. Secrecy is one of the lost principles of life. What we call benevolence or charity or brotherly love is the second lost secret and, through these, we will come to the third. You must remember that there are two major forms of life, just as there are two major forms of religious life. One form is that which you meet in all religions; it is the religion of the Old Testament, the moral law, the Ten Commandments. It is the Old Testament teaching of "love the lord thy God" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" -to which has been added ceremonies, rituals and rites. This, you might say, is a beginning form of religion, ideally ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, 1964, Three Lost Secrets.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 16, The Robe
- ~ 16 ~ THE ROBE As an initiate, you will wear the 'robe' of your 'degree' and carry the title of Initiate, leaving behind your family name, and your family and friends as well. Having pledged your allegiance to God and to the service of God, you have no other allegiance, obligations, or responsibilities. Having been accepted into the ministry of the spirit, you are released from the duties and works of the earth. In human existence, a man accepted into military service exchanges civilian clothes for a uniform, and gives up his name for a number. As a military man, he has but one obligation or duty, and that is obedience to orders. In return for this obligation of obedience, the man who wears a uniform drops all care and responsibility for his own support. Even the support of his family comes from the military treasury. Food, clothing, housing, reading materials, amusement, vacations: all these are provided for him. The soldier takes thought for only one thing: obedience to orders. All else is given to him and provided for him. In his obedience to orders, he forsakes family and community: mother, sister, brother, wife, and children, to obey the call and fulfill his duty of obedience. In the spiritual life, the initiate has been called to the service and life of the Master. Immediately, he is divested of the clothing of the earthly world and given the robe of his degree. He renounces family ties and obligations, civil duties and activities to be of the household of God, in service to the Most High. From this moment, the initiate is relieved of all responsibility for his personal care and support. No temporal power takes over this function. Now the infinite invisible which has called him provides all things. You now stand as the initiate, called to the service in the household of God, and you may look neither to man nor other temporal source for your care. Even as your spiritual meat, bread, wine, and water are supplied to you from the infinite resources of your Soul, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nets_ Chapter 16, The Robe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 60K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 27, Malpractice
- ~ 27 ~ MALPRACTICE I want to digress today in order to clear up a couple of misunderstandings, which are continually causing difficulties to working Scientists. There is a very prevalent belief that hate, envy, jealousy, etc., coming at us through the thoughts of others, can cause physical distress, sickness, or even death. In other words, it is believed that the evil thoughts of others can adversely affect us. It must be thoroughly understood that this is not so. Thoughts of others, even when directed at us, ignorantly or maliciously, have no power to harm us. Nothing from without can enter that "defileth, . . . or maketh a lie." "Christian Science translates mind, God, to mortals. It is the infinite calculus defining the line, plane, space, and fourth dimension of spirit. It absolutely refutes the amalgamation, transmigration, absorption, or annihilation of individuality. It shows the impossibility of transmitting human ills, or evil, from one individual to another; that all true thoughts revolve in God's orbits; they come from God and return to him,-and untruths belong not to his creation, therefore these are null and void." 1 "What can there be besides infinity? Nothing! Therefore the Science of Good calls evil nothing. Here is where Christian Science sticks to its text and other systems of religion abandon their own logic. Here also is found the pith of the basal statement, the cardinal point in Christian Science, that matter and evil (including all inharmony, sin, disease, death) are unreal." 2 "What is the cardinal point of the difference in my metaphysical system? This: that by knowing the unreality of disease, sin, and death, you demonstrate the allness of God. This difference wholly separates my system from all others. The reality of these so- called existences I deny, because they are not to be found in God, and this system is built on Him as the sole cause." 3 "Animal magnetism, hypnotism, etc., are disarmed by the practitioner who excludes from his own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rs_ Chapter 27, Malpractice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 83K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 7, The Nature of God
- ... If we hope to achieve the actual experience of God-realization, the very first thing we have to do on the spiritual path is not to accept some ancient concept of God, but to realize that God that has been revealed as love. We must accept the God of love, the God that does not punish, and even if we deserve punishment, the God who would hasten to forgive us. "Your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of these things, and it is his good pleasure to give them to you." That must include forgiveness. So you see, unless you come to realize that just as God is pouring out the sun, moon, and stars, the tides, the times, and the weather, so God is pouring forth ... Thou makest me to lie down in green pastures. Oh, the mind is so still, so calm, so peaceful in those assurances. The mind is only stirred when it begins to reach up to God to get something, to want something, desire something, or fear something. Stop fearing God. If there are any of you who still fear God, stop it. Stop it. God knows more about love, care, forgiveness, in one second than the best mother that ever lived knew in a whole lifetime. And if mothers can love and forgive and care and be tender, try to imagine what the nature of God is. God is love and nothing enters that consciousness that "defileth or maketh a lie." There is no punishment in it. ... God is love, and in him there is no death, there is no vengeance, there is no hate, there is no punishment. Just think of the crimes men have committed against humanity. Then ask yourself if you really believe God would hold them in eternal damnation or punishment. Not one second longer than it would take them to realize their wrongs and ask forgiveness. Oh, no! No! Understand God as life, a life which can't end for any reason, not even for sin, or for accident, or for disease. Life can't end because God is life, and God is the life of you and the life of me. We fear disease because we fear that it will end in death, and it does because of our fears. We know ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, The Nature of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 10, Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself
- Chapter Ten Educating the Human Mind Out of Itself A spiritual teaching can never be known or taught through or by the human mind. Only a person who has attained some measure of that mind that was in Christ Jesus, the ability to discern spiritually, can teach spiritually. Then his teaching ultimates in lifting up the consciousness of the individual, raising up the son of God, and developing spiritual discernment in the student. If a person had all the knowledge of truth that is in all the Infinite Way books, he would still find himself without spiritual power, unless in the study or reading of the books his spiritual discernment had been developed. Since spiritual truth is the very opposite of what might be called common sense or intelligence in the human world, obviously, imparting spiritual wisdom is difficult and, if not clearly understood, impossible. The first thing that must be understood is what a teacher is trying to accomplish. And what is he trying to accomplish but to educate the human mind out of itself? Good and Evil, Determined by Our Conditioning The human mind is made up of certain laws, theories, and convictions that have been inherent in it for generations, and which are inherited at birth. One of these is the belief in good and evil. The human mind is convinced of the existence of good and evil and decides for itself what is good and what is evil. Interestingly enough, what is good in one place may be evil in another place. What is evil in one place may be good in another. Furthermore, what is evil to one person can be good to another. You may have a beautiful garden of roses which to you is magnificent, God's perfect expression, but another person may become ill with rose fever from being in that garden with the roses. To some persons, animals, cats, and dogs may be the most loving creatures of God, but another person is made miserable and sneezes all day and all night after being in their presence. To one, the dog or the cat becomes evil, and to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Human Mind Out of Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 123K
Find Similar Documents