The Mystical I: Chapter Four, "I Am the Way"
- CHAPTER FOUR "I AM THE WAY" One of the most important statements in the New Testament is the passage, "I am the way."1 The incorrect interpretation of these few words has kept the world in spiritual darkness for seventeen hundred years. On his understanding of that one passage hinges man's spiritual darkness or his spiritual enlightenment. That same passage of scripture correctly interpreted, however, can set the world free, but to accomplish this there must be the "ten righteous men" to show forth the correct understanding of the passage by their fruitage. The fruitage of spiritual enlightenment is freedom, peace, abundance-all that the Master meant to convey when he said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."2 When you personalize these words of Jesus and believe that they refer to a person, you are in spiritual darkness. Did not Jesus say, "I can of mine own self do nothing3. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"4? Think of the degree of spiritual ignorance in which a person lives when he worships and prays to someone who frankly, openly, and honestly declares, "I can of mine own self do nothing. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"! Rightly interpreted, the words "I am the way" mean what they say. The way, the truth, and the life more abundant are to be found in I-the I that I am, the I that you are, for you have been told that you and your Father are one. It is in that oneness that you find spiritual freedom, spiritual harmony, and spiritual grace, a life "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit."5 I is the way, and that way reveals that "I and my Father are one6. . . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee7. . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."8 It is in this word I that you find the entire secret of the spiritual message given to the world by Christ Jesus, a message that is destined to set men free and break from them all shackles and all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter Four, _I Am the Way_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IX, This Is a Spiritual Universe
- CHAPTER IX THIS IS A SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE Several years ago when I was on my way to South Africa, I stopped off for a day in the Belgian Congo, and after the man in charge of the bookings and his assistant had taken care of all my tickets, made whatever examinations were necessary, and weighed my luggage, I called a little native boy to carry my three bags out to the plane which I was boarding for Johannesburg. This was such a small air station that I could see the boy as he walked out of the gate onto the field with one large piece of baggage in each hand and a small piece under his arm. A few minutes later he returned without any baggage and I said to him questioningly, "O.K.?" to which he replied, "O.K." When I arrived in Johannesburg the next morning, there was only the one tiny little piece of baggage waiting for me, and the other two large pieces were missing. Immediately, the personnel of this tremendously big and active airport at Johannesburg began searching for my baggage, but they did not find it in the enclosure nor was it with the crew's baggage; and furthermore when they sent someone to search the plane, there was no baggage there, either. The person in charge of the airline said that he would immediately contact the station in the Belgian Congo and would soon have an answer for me, so there was nothing for me to do but go to my hotel. The Infinite Way students in Johannesburg had arranged for me to visit Krueger National Park, so after buying some necessary clothing, we started out on our three-day trek through this fabulous wild-animal preserve with the full expectation of picking up my baggage when we returned. But upon our return no baggage had as yet been found. The only explanation the airline had to offer was that somebody must have stolen it, and that that somebody must have been the little native boy and a confederate because the last time the bags were seen was when he had picked them up and carried them out onto the field. The absurdity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his Is a Spiritual Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 14, 1963, Removing the Veil
- REMOVING THE VEIL July 14, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Almost everybody comes to the study of The Infinite Way for the "loaves and fishes." Only rarely does anyone come to learn the truth of life; but sooner or later those who remain in this message are forced into making a decision: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve," God or demonstration-seeking God or seeking through God to get more and better human good. As we seek and discover the kingdom of God, things are "added unto us" on the spiritual path, but by then we are no longer interested in the things. We learn that Moses put a veil on truth and Jesus Christ removed it; but remember if Moses placed a veil on truth it must have been unveiled when it came into his possession or awareness, and of course it was. Truth had been revealed in Egypt, and because of this Egypt knew centuries of great prosperity and experienced the discovery of great natural laws. Moses received his earliest training in Egypt and, while he did not receive truth there, eventually he was turned in the right direction so that truth could be revealed to him at the right moment. Because it was revealed, it enabled him to be the means through which the Hebrews were taken out of slavery and brought into the promised land. He veiled the truth from the people, perhaps because of some early experience in trying to reveal it, or because his Egyptian training had convinced him that truth should be veiled. Many Hebrew prophets between Moses and Jesus discovered the truth, but there is no known record of any of them, with the possible exception of Isaiah, making an effort to reveal to the people the secret. Jesus removed the veil and he was crucified for it. Authority, whether in the church or in the government, did not rest well if the people knew the truth. That condition does not exist at the present time; the church today is as eager to know the truth as the people are. It is very much aware that at the moment it has not found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...14, 1963, Removing the Veil.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 6, The New Name
- ~ 6 ~ THE NEW NAME "To him that overcometh"-more especially to him who overcomes that desire to seek and to search in the outer realm-"will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth." 1 What is that name? Christ. No more are you Jones, Brown, or Smith; no more are you "man, whose breath is in his nostrils;" 2 no more are you a man seeking good; no more are you a prodigal, separate and apart from the Father's house. Now your name is Christ. Is there anything for the Christ to receive? Or is the Christ that which feeds and heals the multitudes, that which restores and resurrects, that which is, in and of itself, the kingdom of all harmony? A new name you receive: no longer man. But would you tell your friends that you are the Christ? No! Never voice such things as "I am God," "I am spiritual," "I am the Christ," or "I am the son of God." Do not ever do that! It would not be true. It would be just the same as going around and saying, "I am honest; I am moral; I am good." You could hardly do that, and if you did, I am afraid your neighbors might suspect you. And they would certainly have every right to suspect you if you ever said, "I am the Christ." Only once or twice did the Master reveal his true identity. He was very, very careful about that. Even when Pilate asked him, "Art thou the King of the Jews?" Jesus' answer was, "Thou sayest." 3 He did not say it! All life is a matter of choices. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." 4 If you choose, you can remain "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." If you choose, you can continue your search for good, your search for supply, your search for eternality and for immortality. You can continue your search for peace, and sometime or other you may stumble upon it or it may be brought to you. Or you can give up your search this very moment: you can give up your desire for good; you can give up all expectation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 6, The New Name.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 9, Becoming Instruments Of Grace Through Reconciliation
- ~ 9 ~ BECOMING INSTRUMENTS OF GRACE THROUGH RECONCILIATION OUR INDIVIDUAL FULFILLMENT comes about in proportion as we become consciously one with our Source, and that oneness is expressed in our relationship with one another. Since the one Consciousness is the life of all being, we are automatically one with all spiritual being, whether appearing as person, animal, vegetable, or mineral. "If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 . . . Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." 2 In our service or devotion to man, we are expressing our love for God and acknowledging the oneness of God and man, and not only praying for ourselves and our friends, but praying for our enemies and, thereby, making friends of the enemy. Living in what the Master called "this world," 3 we are a state of total limitation and believe that our lives are being maintained and sustained by our own efforts or our own wisdom, not realizing that we are a part of one another. Just as every branch is a part of the trunk of the tree, so are we a part of the Vine, the Christ, and that Vine, or Christ, is one with the Father. Everyone on this earth is a contributing agency to the whole and, invisible to human sight, is the Vine that is the Christ, one with the Father, drawing unto himself individually all that the Father is and all that the Father has. We can relax and rest in the assurance of divine Grace because now we know that a Grace is operating universally, a Grace that begins with the Source and flows through our individual consciousness as through an invisible vine, maintaining and sustaining the Soul, mind, and body. As human beings, we are like the Prodigal Son who separated himself from his father's house and began to use up his substance, none of which was being renewed. Only after it had all been used up did he ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race Through Reconciliation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 4, Meditation: The Key to The Ministry Within
- That is the realization I came to. For many years I did not know how to bring God into individual experience- how to bring the comfort and the healing that the Master promised, the raising of the dead that the Master promised, the forgiveness of sin that the Master promised, the life eternal that the Master promised. These were only words in a book! Then there came to me the experience that brought with it the actual realization that the presence of God ... So in our work we say that we do not heal, but we can pray-the prayer of forgiveness, the prayer of releasing our enemies. Then we can listen until God utters His V oice within us. When the V oice within us speaks, the healing or the harmony or the peace takes place. We are merely the instruments through which God's Grace flows; we are not the healers. But let me assure you that only those who attain a consciousness of God's Presence, who attain the ability to be still and hear that V oice, can become instruments. The spiritual life is sometimes called the "withinness"-the interior life, the inner life, the inner kingdom. The Master sometimes refers to it as "My Kingdom which is not of this world." My Kingdom is an inner kingdom. Remember that Christ indwells; therefore, the Christ Kingdom is within you. So if you want to receive forgiveness for your sins, do not look for forgiveness anywhere externally, but seek it from the Kingdom of God, the Christ Kingdom, which is within you. If you are seeking healing, even while you are accepting the help of the consciousness of ... The Christ ministry-the Christ healing ministry, the Christ forgiving ministry, the Christ raising-of-the-dead ministry, the Christ feeding ministry-is within you. Therefore I give it to you as a principle on which the entire Infinite Way teaching is based. You must turn to the Christ ministry for healing, for salvation, for forgiveness, for food, housing, and transportation, for healing of sin, disease, death. You must turn to the Christ ministry, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Key to The Ministry Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 11, Teacher and Student On the Path
- Chapter Eleven Teacher and Student On the Path It has been said that whatever a person keeps his mind fastened upon, that eventually he tends to become. What he desires, what he seeks, what he wants with all his heart and soul, he draws to himself. To a certain extent that is true on the human plane, but in the spiritual world, it is an absolute principle. It is true that desire is prayer. That does not mean, however, desire for a home, desire for health, or desire for an automobile: it means a desire for God, a desire for truth, for spiritual realization, a desire that the hunger of the heart be satisfied. Spiritual desire is really a deep form of prayer: it is to hunger and thirst after God. Find Your Path Each one must determine the message that is right for him and who his teacher is. Do not think for a moment that everyone is going to derive the same measure of benefit from any and every teaching or teacher. There are some persons who respond naturally to the mystical teaching of the Infinite Way. That then becomes their path, and once they determine that this is their way, it is up to them to give it the utmost devotion that they have. For others, this may not be their path. That is why I am happy that in the Infinite Way we have never been led to form any kind of an organization; I do not want anybody held to this Way by membership. Everybody must feel free. If this message is not for you, keep on searching and seeking until you find the one that is. Do not think because somebody you know has had a beautiful healing in the Infinite Way or has benefitted from it that it necessarily means it is for you. Each one must have his teaching and his teacher, something to which he responds. Until he finds it, he must continue to search. When he finds it, something within him says, "This is my way." After that, he abandons all others and gives himself wholeheartedly to the one. As he continues to do this, he discovers that something from the beginning has been building ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...her and Student On the Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 9, Meditation on Nonpower
- Chapter Nine Meditation on Nonpower The normal, natural thing for human beings to do is to think of the way in which they would like good to unfold, but this often proves to be a barrier to receiving their good. Whenever possible, a person must stop thinking in terms of some form of good and return to the idea of omnipresence. One way in which it is possible to turn away from seeking forms of good is to close your eyes and notice that there is a black void in front of you, an emptiness. Begin to realize that right there in that black emptiness is the presence of God. I am looking into this immense space which is filled with God. The kingdom of God is within me, and I am opening out a way for the glory of that kingdom to escape. But the space which you see with your eyes closed may not always be a black space. Sometimes it is a bright light; sometimes colors come into it. It really makes no difference, however, whether it is a white light, a rainbow of colors, or a deep black. You are looking into it with closed eyes and realizing that it is the infinity of God within you and without, filling all space. The infinity of my good is here within. The infinite substance, law, life, and activity of my good are here where I am. Out of this silent Infinite Invisible, my good appears each day, each hour of each day, in whatever form may be necessary. I do not know what my good should be an hour from now. I do not know where it should take place; I do not know what form my good should assume; but I do know that right here where I am, right here in this great silence in which I am, my good is. Just as the Spirit is working silently all night to bring daylight in the morning, just as this great Silence is working invisibly to bring forth leaves and buds and blossoms on the trees, so this Light, Life, or Presence is working silently to bring forth my good. I am contemplating God in the midst of me, keeping my mind stayed on God, on this all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Meditation on Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 118K
Find Similar Documents