Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 7, The Consciousness Of Omnipresence
- ~ 7 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OMNIPRESENCE WHEN WE COME TO A CERTAIN PLACE in our spiritual development, we wonder how there could be such a God as has been worshiped in the last four thousand years, whether the Hebrew God, the Christian God, or the Buddhist God. Through prayers to that God, wars have not been wiped out, nor has peace been brought to earth. Furthermore, whatever of longevity has been demonstrated in this last half century has come by way of the increased knowledge materia medica has attained through research, resulting in a better understanding of nutrition and sanitation. Today many ministers are willing to admit that a new concept of God must be presented to the people, because what has heretofore been presented has not been God but merely an image, and a false one at that. It is not easy to come to a place in consciousness where we are willing to acknowledge this and then ask ourselves, "What is God?" The question is: What is God, not who, because to think of God as who would be to substitute one false image for another. Think for a moment of Omnipresence, a Presence filling all space, a Presence right where we are, whether we make our bed in heaven, in hell, or whether we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death."1 What is that Presence that is Omnipresence and at the same time All-power and All-wisdom? What is It? What is this Presence that is always with us, whose pleasure it is to give us the kingdom, this Presence that knows our needs even before we do, that which goes before us to make our way straight, that which prepares mansions for us? What is It? As we turn these questions over and over in our mind without fear that there is any God that is going to punish us for such questioning, as we divest ourselves of faith in that which has never warranted our faith, we find that that Presence has not done all those things for us because we have not understood what It is and how It functions. We must empty out the vessel filled with all these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciousness Of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Four, Transition
- CHAPTER FOUR TRANSITION Those who are on the spiritual path do not die: they make a transition which is in no way related to what the world calls dying, because this transition is not an act of their own: it is an act of God and takes place by the grace of God. If you will look back on your own experience, you will gain a better understanding of this whole subject. You came into this world as an infant, and when you made the transition from infancy to childhood with an entirely different looking body, you did not die or pass on: you simply made a transition. Some years after that, you reached the age of puberty, and another change took place in your body, but it was not dying or passing on: it was merely a transitional stage into another phase of life. Then, as you reached your upper teens, you passed into still another phase of life, completely different from the twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year stage. All of life took on a different complexion because you had made a transition out of childhood. Dolls and toys no longer interested you, and even basketball, baseball, and football ceased to be the center of your world because the world outside the playground and the neighborhood movie stretched forth in ever-widening horizons. So you continued until one day you found yourself in truth, and when you became a serious truth-student, you found yourself in another world, a world in which bridge, golf, dancing, and the theater occupied a minor place in your life, and, in some cases, were left behind completely because now in this new life your attention was focused on God. It was a transition from "this world," the world to which Jesus referred when he said, "I have overcome the world." 1 There was no death about that transition, except a death to materiality or what Paul called "dying daily," dying daily to old modes of thought and reliances. There was a time in our experience when our primary concern was that we have a normal heart and normal blood pressure. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter Four, Transition.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 10, Rejecting Appearances and Concepts
- Chapter Ten Rejecting Appearances and Concepts It was not easy for the followers of the Masters to be told, "My kingdom is not of this world." The only world they knew was the world of Roman domination, the world of the synagogue and the temple, the world of the farm and trade. There was no hint in their teaching that there was any other world except the one to be found after death. That there could be another world, another kingdom here and now, was entirely outside the belief of the human being who lived out from the pairs of opposites. Jesus tried in many different ways to let his followers know about this kingdom. When he spoke of a bread and a meat the world knows not, he was speaking of the bread of a different kingdom, an entirely different consciousness. He spoke of living waters and the many mansions in the Father's house. Most of the Hebrews knew nothing about mansions. Most of them were hard workers and yet he told them, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."1 Where was that place? What did he mean? They were expecting Jesus to go to Jerusalem and overthrow not only the temple but Rome as well: They were expecting that he would overthrow one temporal kingdom and present them with another temporal government. But when he got there, he did not do any overthrowing. It is not too different today when on the one hand there are people who are trying to overthrow the temporal kingdom of communism, and, on the other hand, the communists are trying to overcome or overthrow the temporal kingdom of capitalism, both of them hoping to replace the form they oppose with some form they consider better. That is about as high as the human mind can reach: a better temporal kingdom or a healthier body. Man's Expansion into Outer Space Broke Limitations It is hard for a human being to go higher in consciousness than to think in terms other than that of a healthy body instead of a sick one, a young ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng Appearances and Concepts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 25, No Outlined Physical Form
- ~ 25 ~ NO OUTLINED PHYSICAL FORM We need to remember that man is not an outlined physical form, nor a finite being surrounded by limitations, but that man is an individual expression of God's being; expressing the infinite good, the eternal harmony, the allness of life, truth and love. As we dwell on the spiritual nature and character of man, leaving our so- called selfhood out of thought, our divine nature reveals itself in all forms of peace, harmony and perfection. We need to keep constantly in thought that spiritual man is complete and "has not a single quality underived from Deity." Man includes within his own consciousness the freedom and joy of God's being. Man does not sit around waiting to receive these from God, for man is the very expression of these qualities of God. All good is embraced in the divine consciousness which man reflects. This is-ness of good is the Christ, truth, revealing the omnipresence of that harmony which may at the moment appear to be absent or apart from us. Have no fear; trust the Christ as the "divine influence ever-present in human consciousness" which reveals our perfect being. Feel the peace and joy of God flooding your consciousness with his love and his life, and the light will appear. The question is frequently asked, "How may I know when a healing is complete?" To begin with, we must bear in mind that there can be no actual healing, because there is nothing to be healed. "Spirit is infinite; therefore spirit is all. There is no matter." 1 Spirit never needs healing. This is all you need to know. Regardless of appearances, "spirit is all" and spirit does not need healing. There is no "you" outside of mind, so you need no healing. Spirit being all, it is complete. Mind is all, and mind's work is forever complete. You need do no work about this, but you must accept the truth of the completeness of mind. You have no demonstration to make. All action and volition belong to God, and his demonstration (you) was complete from the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., No Outlined Physical Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1955, Protection
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Protection IN the material sense of life, the word "protection" brings up the thought of defense or armor, a hiding place from an enemy, or some sense of withdrawal from danger. In the mental sciences, protection refers to some thought or idea, or some form of prayer that would save one from injury or hurt from an outside source. In the use of the word "protection" thought is immediately drawn to the fact that existing somewhere is a destructive or harmful activity or presence or power, and that protection, by word or thought, is a means of finding security from this danger to one's self or one's affairs. In The Infinite Way we have learned that God is One: therefore, God is one power, and we live in that conscious One-ness. The moment the idea of God as One begins to dawn in consciousness we understand that in all this world there is no power and no presence from which we need protection. You will see this as you dwell on the word "Omnipresence," and realize that in this All-presence of Good you are completely alone with a divine harmony-a harmony which pervades and permeates consciousness, and is in itself the All-ness and the Only- ness of Good. Ponder this idea and meditate upon it, and note how the revelation and assurance comes to you, within your own being, that this is true: there is but One, and because of the nature of that One there is no outside influence for either good or evil. There is no presence or power to which to pray for any good that does not already exist as Omnipresence, right where you are. In your periods of communion note the assurance that comes with the realization that God alone is, and that God's Presence is infinite. There is no other power; there is no other Presence; there is no destructive or harmful influence in any person, place or thing; there is no evil in any condition. God could not be One and yet find an existence separate and apart from that One. God alone is being-think of that, God alone is Being. How ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism_ March 1955, Protection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1959, Freeing Ourselves From Universal Claims
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Freeing Ourselves from Universal Claims IN spiritual healing, there is always the temptation to try to improve the human scene. The first and normal reaction is to attempt to make a sick person well, to obtain employment for the unemployed, to bring supply to the needy, and happiness to the unhappy. Such persistent attempts at human betterment, however, usually result only in failure. Even though you perceive the significance of this point at this moment, you probably will find it difficult in giving a treatment to refrain from the temptation to desire to change the appearance into an opposite, better appearance. The desire to improve human conditions is natural to you and to me, and it was undoubtedly natural also to Jesus Christ, or he would not have had to go away forty days to renew himself, nor would he have had to leave his disciples every once in awhile for that same purpose, because the only renewal any of us ever needs is to break the mesmerism of appearances. That is the only reason we ever have to pray and commune with the Father; that is the only reason we ever have to go away to be still. There is no other reason. Furthermore, even though many of us are not mesmerized by most forms of error, some of us are still mesmerized in a large measure by good humanhood. The destructive and evil aspects of human-hood rarely tempt us now, but many of us are still tempted by its seemingly more desirable aspects, which in the final analysis are but the opposite of the evil humanhood and in the end can be just as destructive. Give Up All Attempts to Change the Human Picture So it is that, when we sit down to help others, one of our first realizations must be, "I am not trying to change sick matter into healthy matter; I am not trying to change a little matter into a lot of matter; I am not trying to make unhappy people happy. My aim in this meditation is to realize, behold, and demonstrate the Christ." In other words, our function is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elves From Universal Claims.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter One, I Stand at the Door
- ... You are safety to those who are in danger; you are healing and health to those who are sick; you are prosperity to those who are poor, not by virtue of yourself-of yourself you are nothing-but by the grace of God which is within, by the spirit of God that is upon you. You are ordained to heal the sick, to raise the dead, to help the poor by the spirit of God to which you have opened yourself. Then all those who reach out to your consciousness receive that same spiritual blessing in proportion to their receptivity. But how can they become more receptive to God, to the Christ, to this spiritual influence? How can you become more receptive? By increasing your givingness. Receptivity is attained only through giving, through pouring out from the center of your being, and the more you give, the more receptive you are to the grace, the presence, and the healing power of God. What you have to give is an individual matter. The question that comes to you then is, "How am I to give? Out of what? I have so little." And the answer is, "That is not true. You have much to give. You have the grace of God; you have all of God, for God has given you all of Himself." The Master has told us some of the things that can be given: forgiveness, prayer. Learn to give forgiveness over and over and over again to your friends and to your enemies. You can pray; you can pray for your enemies. This is another form of giving: praying that your enemies be released from penalties, praying that their consciousness be opened to the light, praying that their sins be forgiven them, even as you would have your sins forgiven you. Receptivity is the key to spiritual attainment, and receptivity is attained through givingness. If you have a little change or more than a little to give, give and share it where you will. Remember, however, that givingness is not only the giving of material things, but is your attitude of forgiving, benevolence, peace, and good will toward all men. This is the real givingness: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er One, I Stand at the Door.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 117K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXII, Address the World Silently with Peace
- ... How few of us realize the importance of the forgiving consciousness! Does not everyone carry with him the memory of some sin of omission or commission which, if he could, he would recall or undo? Do we not all have at least some small feeling of guilt? Are we not always hoping for our own forgiveness and trying to forgive ourselves, and often finding that very hard to do? That is why it is so necessary that each one of us develops the forgivingness side of his consciousness, so that everyone who ... What a blessing it is, when faced with a sense of guilt, to come into the presence of a person whose mind is not filled with criticism, judgment, and condemnation, but who understands, forgives and forgives, and whose gentleness is such that no thought enters his mind of any harsh nature! This is having that mind which was in Christ Jesus, and as we rise to that state of consciousness, everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls love. Forgiveness is an ... Silently and secretly, we shall find ourselves looking at every member of our household and rejoicing in the truth: "I know thee now who thou art. The life of God is your life; the Christ-life is your life"; and soon there will be changes in the mind and in the body of everyone around us. Now we are becoming the center from which this light is flowing, the center through which forgiveness, understanding, and truth will begin to pour. Then, as we read or learn of this mass hysteria, whether it is ... Once we can really see this, we become, not only the light unto our world, but the life unto our world. We resurrect our neighbor from the tomb of the belief that he has a life of his own and that it is in danger. We become the source of the peace that passes understanding; we become the source of forgiveness; we become the comforter, None of us was born just for the purpose of living threescore years and ten, twenty, or thirty, accomplishing something for ourselves or for our families, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e World Silently with Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 2, Teacher, Student & Teaching
- ... Only through the development of the spiritual consciousness exemplified by Jesus will all nations finally be enabled to put up their swords and turn them into ploughshares. You may wonder whether or not anyone can live up to a teaching as demanding as this, but it can be done-it can be done individually and collectively. You can begin now to live up to the Master's teaching by forgiving your enemy and by praying for those who persecute you; and if you, as an individual, can do this, the world can. One of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for your enemies. But forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being, remembering the terrible offense he has committed against you, and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. True forgiveness is the ability to see through his human appearance to the Divinity of his being and realize that in the Divinity of his being there has never been, and is not now, error of any nature. It is as if this person were to ask you for help, and in helping him you would have to behold him as he really is, as pure spiritual being. Every day we are called on to look upon all those toward whom we have any negative feeling as spiritual beings and practice this act of forgiveness. This means turning to the Christ of our own being, and there knowing that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal being, and all that appears as a mortal is but the Christ Itself incorrectly seen. Like forgiveness, praying for our enemies is one of the great laws of life and of the Bible. This does not mean that we are helpless before the enemy: It really means being able to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know that there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing at all to do with it. We are not dealing with appearances. We are dealing with the reality of being. Oneness, the Keynote The teaching is that you must individually contact God. God must become real and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Teacher, Student & Teaching.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 144K
Find Similar Documents