Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 11, Spiritual Supply
- ~ 11 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY IN THE METAPHYSICAL WORLD, it is common practice to try to demonstrate supply, companionship, home, or transportation. In a mystical message such as The Infinite Way, however, this is an incorrect basis from which to work because a person is then working from the premise of I-have-not. That is virtually sin; it is acknowledging a sense of separation from God, from good, from completeness and infinity. We do not go outside our consciousness to demonstrate anything because the infinite divine Consciousness is our individual consciousness and embodies infinity. Therefore, we have nothing to do with drawing supply to us, but rather with drawing the indwelling supply forth from us. As long as we are living in a material sense of world, we will think of supply as purely material, which always consists of something external to us to be acquired: money, a home, automobiles. But in the real world of Spirit, supply is not external to us, nor is it ever to be acquired, attained, or sought after, because in the spiritual realm supply is what I am: I am the bread; I am the meat; I am the water. With no thought whatsoever of anyone or anything in the external realm, we turn within and commune with our inner being and abide in the realization of a completeness inherent in our Self. When we understand that, we can look at everyone and see how wholly independent each one is of the other because of the principle of Self- completeness. The one Life is caring for us and drawing unto us all that is necessary for our fulfillment. This Self-completeness which we are and which supplies us so abundantly is not really for us: it is poured into and through us as fruitage to be shared. Before we can begin to share, however, we must rise out of the material sense of life that thinks it must get. We do not have to acquire, strive, or struggle: we only have to stand still in the realization of Self-completeness and Self- containment. THE UNIVERSAL NATURE OF SUPPLY "I and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 12, The Message of the Bible
- Chapter Twelve The Message of the Bible The state of consciousness you are, the elevation of consciousness you attain, this determines what manner of life you lead. It determines whether you live the life of a grub-worm, of a slave, or a free man, or the life of a spiritual entity. It all depends upon what your state of consciousness is. In one state of consciousness, you could very well have been a slave and had everybody ordering you about. But as, through Grace, a higher realization came, you asserted your dominion and became a free man-still human, but free. As greater light came and your consciousness changed, you realized, "I am not merely a free man. I am a spiritual man. I have God-given strength, God-given dominion, and God-given freedom." Eventually you will reach the place in consciousness where Jesus was when he said, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Jesus had not always been at that stage. At one time he was at the state of other Hebrew rabbis in the temple, but he grew until he came to the passage where he read from the book of Isaiah and said, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. . . . This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." 2 With that, he realized, "Why, no, I'm not going to stand on a platform just reading out of a book." So he stepped down from that platform and went out into the world, not as a temple rabbi but as a world rabbi. Later, all that passed from him, and he was no longer a rabbi: he was a Master. So it is that one day you are addressed as housewife or businessman, then one day as a practitioner, and later as teacher. If you keep ascending in consciousness, one day you will be addressed as Master. It all depends on your state of consciousness. If you have advanced to this point, you are already ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, The Message of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Treatment
- TREATMENT NO ONE has a personal message. There is no such thing as a messenger of God. God is His own messenger and He appears to human consciousness at that moment's demonstration. He has appeared as many great thinkers and always in the way that you, as a human person, can comprehend. Every one of us, whether in the business or professional world or any of the arts is trusted with a doctrine not our own. Originality of ideas is not ours; it is God, individual Mind. There is a fullness and completeness awaiting each person. We are here as the presence of God, fulfilling God's destiny. Every one is an individualization of the infinity of God. No one can be without opportunity. One of the greatest lessons in this connection is found in the Bible, I Kings 19. Elijah, the only prophet not slain, has fled for his life and is hiding in a cave. The hopelessness of the situation seems to overwhelm Elijah. Here he is the only prophet of God left; his people have forsaken the covenant and have thrown down the altars. To Elijah there certainly seemed to be no opportunity left for him but to die. But in turning to God, what were his instructions? "Go, return on thy way . . . I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." So it is with each one of us. There is never a lack of opportunity when it is seen as God's opportunity of presenting Himself to the "seven thousand" that He has saved out for Himself. Then there is no need for envy, jealousy, rivalry or competition, because there is an infinity of good which God has saved out for Himself. The moment you present God, the audience is universal. We learn to let good, let Mind, assume its responsibilities. As we learn to listen for that still, small voice, we, too, will be led to where our work, recognition and compensation are to be found. Cultivate the consciousness of the presence of God every moment. Until you begin to see God in every form ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ion of Scripture_ Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 9, The Mind of Christ Jesus
- ~ 9 ~ THE MIND OF CHRIST JESUS Our task now will be the revelation of the consciousness of the statement, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 Throughout all recorded history, no such works were ever done as those of the Master and, yet, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing," 2 and again, "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." 3 It is agreed by all students of metaphysics that the mighty works were the direct activity of that mind which was in Christ Jesus and, according to his own word, that mind was not personal to Jesus, but was "my Father and your Father"-the universal mind or creative principle of all men. Thus, the mind of man is the creative principle of the universe. We, however, long taught to believe that our mind is personal to us, that therefore the mind of one individual differs in intelligence and understanding from another, have lost the consciousness of the infinity of mind, our mind. We can regain this true consciousness of mind only in the degree that we perceive the universality and oneness of mind. We often hear it said, "Oh, if Jesus were only on earth today." Whereas, we must realize that the mind which was in Christ Jesus, the consciousness which healed the sick, fed the multitudes, and raised the dead, is your mind and my mind, and in proportion as we gain spiritually this perception, will we do those works, "and even greater works." After the re-introduction of spiritual healing many mighty healing works were done. So much so, that great edifices were erected in gratitude for marvelous healings and works of reformation. Today we hear that healing work does not compare to the early days in the field of metaphysics, and yet we know that healings were not accomplished by person, but by principle; not by people, but by that mind which was in Christ Jesus. Is it not clear then that we need, more than anything else, to recapture the consciousness of the presence of that mind? Must we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...9, The Mind of Christ Jesus.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:43- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 11, The Fourth-Dimensional Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ THE FOURTH-DIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS Working and living with a message such as The Infinite Way and being on a path of this nature, there comes a time when a transition is made from living a normal human life in which we make decisions and accept responsibilities to one in which we become aware that we are not alone, but that there is Something else. Whatever it may be or however the experience comes to us, we have a feeling that Somebody or Something is very close to us, governing our life. We find ourselves going in directions that we had not thought about or planned, and perhaps doing a work that we had never before dreamed of. There is always an awareness of the Presence going before us to "make the crooked places straight," 1 walking beside us as protection or behind us as a rear guard. Whether we feel It as a Presence or as Something very personal will probably vary with each one of us. To me, It is always a Presence or a Spirit, and not often but sometimes when It speaks to me, It is an audible voice. Most of the time, however, It is just an awareness. After enough years had gone by in my life, it was certainly clear to me that I was not a writer, and yet a book came forth, out of which the whole activity of The Infinite Way was born. So it must be evident that there is Something that gave me this message, these principles, and that brought forth publishers and money enough to carry The Infinite Way around the world. That Something is behind the message of The Infinite Way, and I am merely the instrument through which It is functioning. Eventually, Spirit makes Itself evident to all those who work faithfully with these spiritual principles. It does not duplicate through them the work of The Infinite Way because that would not be intelligent. But It has been responsible for the editing of these writings and for raising up teachers, who have felt the Spirit to the extent that they also are but instruments through which the Spirit is projecting The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h-Dimensional Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 23, 1963, The Source
- THE SOURCE June 23, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARTS, the professions, the business world, of all religions, colors and creeds, must eventually understand that the power of life that flows in them has no art, no profession, no business, no religion-and yet it produces the very intelligence and inspiration in every activity of our human lives. Artists, sculptors, painters, composers all acknowledge one source of inspiration. When you stop to think of the French or the Germans or the Russians or the Asians or the Occidentals or the whites or the blacks, you must know that the source of inspiration is one; and, when you have it, it reveals itself in whatever your particular activity may be. Let me illustrate: A man had an orchard of apple trees, all very fine apples and expensive on the market. But he had one tree from which he could derive no revenue, because the apples of this particular tree were of an inferior grade and were therefore unsalable. One year the idea came to him, "Why not graft onto that tree the limbs of some of the very good apples." He did, and shortly this tree was also producing good apples. In other words, the life that was giving expression to the apples was one life. You have witnessed this in so many different experiences. Whether it is music or art or writing, there is a source of inspiration. In the religious world this source is called God, but it need not be called God because by any other name it would be the same source of inspiration. Some call it, religiously, the Christ. In the philosophies, and especially in mystical teachings, there are many different names for the source of inspiration or the source of power or the source of life. The first step that every one of us must know is that this source exists. You will not find this difficult as you notice the rhythm of the seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the tides, two times two always being four, like always begetting like. You know, of course, that there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ June 23, 1963, The Source.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Oneness
- ONENESS SPIRITUAL INTERPRETATION of Scripture reveals that there is but one God, one Power, one Presence - and that one good; that evil, therefore, can exist only as illusion or mirage. It further reveals that that God, Presence, Power, is not something separate or apart from me, but rather, is the reality and substance of my very being. "I am He." Viewing Niagara Falls from the front, we wonder that it does not run dry. Seeing it from another direction, we see behind Niagara Falls the great Lake Erie. Now we realize that Niagara is but a name given to Lake Erie where the great Lake tumbles over the Falls. What appears as Niagara is really Lake Erie at the place of the Falls; thus Niagara Falls and Lake Erie are really one and not two. "I and my Father are one." I am that place where God becomes individualized and evident as me. Emerson shows forth his recognition of this Truth in the first paragraph of his Essay, "History": "There is one mind common to all individual men. Every man is an inlet to the same and to all of the same. He that is once admitted to the right of reason is made a free man of the whole estate. What Plato has thought, he may think; what a Saint has felt, he may feel; what at any time has befallen any man, he can understand. Who hath access to this universal mind is a party to all that is or can be done, for this is the only and sovereign agent." And in his poem Emerson writes: "I am the owner of the sphere, Of the seven stars and the solar year, Of Caesar's hand and Plato's brain, Of Lord Christ's heart and Shakespeare's strain." Deep within your inner being there is an invisible Presence which has been felt by the prophets and seers of all ages. Moses felt it in his bosom when shepherding on the hills. Elijah and Elisha communed with it within themselves and performed miracles. It gave power and vision to Isaiah and Jeremiah, Joel, Jacob and all the line of Hebrew leaders. Every man has this divine Presence deep within himself. The Jews call ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Scripture_ Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1955, Immortality
- ... So let it be agreed in your consciousness that God is Life, but more than that, God is your life! "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." (Isa. 43:7.) "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God; wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." (Ezek. 18:32.) "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." (Rev. 4:11.) These scriptural passages clearly indicate that God created us for his own pleasure, and this is an eternal relationship. And so, as we witness ourselves and our friends advancing into more mature years, let us realize our function as an infant and as a child, as an adult, and see how progressive each step has been, and then look forward to the revelation of what the future years have in store through the Grace of God. Then, as we watch our friends pass from sight, let us rejoice that they have passed from one mansion into another. They have not died because of sin, because God never punishes sin. God is a God of love and forgiveness "until seventy times seven." Our transition is for the glory of God, and for the glory of the development of our individual Soul, and those of us who are approaching the middle years and beyond the middle years must learn to ask the Father, "What have you now for me to do?" Then, as other experiences come, open your vision and realize that just as the flowers bloom and seem to fade and then bloom again, so do we pass through many transitional experiences, but death is never known in any of these experiences. Death is our interpretation of what we are witnessing, but it is an observation based on ignorance. Those who have caught the first tiny glimpse of God understand that God is Life, and that God is Life Eternal-life without death, "for he is thy life, and the length of thy days." This can only come as you lift your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ April 1955, Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 126K
Find Similar Documents