Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Basis of Understanding
- BASIS OF UNDERSTANDING "My kingdom is not of this world." "Cease ye from man whose breath is in his nostrils." "God is no respecter of persons." HERE WE leave behind old landmarks, but whether we will be glad to see them disappear depends on how firmly we grasp the new idea. We start out from a well-known city - a familiar state of consciousness. We know where we are - we know well the routine of affirmations, denials, formulas, set prayers given us by others to memorize and repeat. In our present state of unfolding consciousness we have lots of props upon which to lean. We can always fall back upon statements uttered by wise men of old and newer ones by men and women of our own time. We can even call upon that ancient cliché in times of trouble, "Leave it to God." There are well worn prayers and statements in the Bible; there are well known prayers and formulas in modern metaphysical writings. Yes, our present state of consciousness gives us much on which to lean. When, however, as now, we agree to leave old landmarks, we enter a state of consciousness with but few guide posts and even fewer aids. In this new land you will find yourself much alone with God. It will become necessary to make your direct contact with infinite Being - with the infinity of your own being. It will no longer help you to talk about God, pray up to God, lean on God, think about God; now you must become one with God; you must consciously "feel" your oneness and receive direct illumination, guidance. At first when you close your eyes in silence, there may be a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach as you realize that here you are - at last - alone with God and God nowhere yet in sight or hearing. It may be like swimming in an ocean and all of a sudden realizing that you have gone out of sight of land with no guide post to tell you which direction to head for. The first experience when you turn into the silence without words, thoughts or statements, can be very confusing and doubt ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure_ Basis of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 13, Know Thy Self
- CHAPTER 13 Know Thy Self WE HAVE concluded that the measure of Christ that is raised up in an individual is the measure of Christ loosed in consciousness to raise up others. Then if you have been lifted up by so much as a particle of spiritual light, you are carrying that particle out into the world. This means that any degree of sin, disease, lack, or limitation that touches your consciousness immediately starts to be dissolved, and others get healings. But I am afraid to tell you that it also means that anyone who comes into the orbit of your experience clinging to the desire to do evil is apt to find themselves getting ready for a funeral, because coming into contact with the Christ of your consciousness will do to them what it did unto Judas Iscariot. If Judas will not let go of his evil, he will be carried off with his evil. We have on earth-and I can testify to this, since I travel the entire earth- hundreds of thousands of people (and we come in contact with tens of thousands of them) who are desirous of losing not only their diseases but their sins, their false appetites, their resentments, their jealousies, their envying, their malice, their lust, their greed. And because of Christ loosed in consciousness, they are finding healing. Also, there are those in all parts of the world who still believe that it is perfectly all right to live by the sword. They do not know that in this age, they are going to hit up against the Christ and die by the sword. They do not realize that the weapon that they use against humanity is the weapon that will cut them down, and not in the far future but in the very near present. As we have already noted, there was a time when man's inhumanity to man could make men rich and powerful; but that time has passed, that time is gone. There is a sufficient amount of the Christ loosed in human consciousness, that as evil hits up against that Christ, the evil is destroyed and the individual is set free. Again: only where the individual is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 13, Know Thy Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 2, Creating A Vacuum For The Inflow Of The Spirit
- ~ 2 ~ CREATING A VACUUM FOR THE INFLOW OF THE SPIRIT PRAYER CAN NEVER BE ANSWERED unless there is a fitting preparation for prayer and unless the terms of prayer have been fulfilled. And there are terms. One of the terms is humility. Humility is the particular quality that admits God into our experience. True, as we develop spiritually, other qualities can make us more receptive and responsive to God, but one of the first qualities we must acquire is humility. TRUE HUMILITY Humanly our lives have been lived as if we of our own selves could accomplish wonders, as if we were sufficient unto ourselves, with all the wisdom, power, and strength necessary to go out and make or break this world. Too many of us have grown up with too much confidence and faith in our own powers and wisdom, and it is in this respect that the quality of humility must be developed in us. True humility is not self-depreciation, nor is it building an escape mechanism because of a faith in some unknown God or some unknown power. True humility understands that in the beginning God incarnated Itself * as our very being. God has imparted to us Its own nature and qualities. If we are loving, it is because there is a spark of God-love in us. If we are wise, it is because there is a spark of the infinite Wisdom in us. If we are well, it is because there is a spark of the divine Being in us. To understand our dependence upon the Infinite Invisible is the sense of humility that I ask you to ponder. It is not that you are less than another; it is not the sense of humility that bows down before some other human being: it is the humility that acknowledges a divine Grace, a divine Power, a supreme Being in operation. There is nothing of an enduring nature that man needs to pray for or about. That which is always has been, is now, and forever will be. Our praying will not bring it to pass one minute sooner than its time, nor would our cursing hold it back. That which God is doing God has been doing, and God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...or The Inflow Of The Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XIII, A New Concept of Supply
- This "giving away" has no relationship to amounts-to the number of dollars or of anything else: Giving has to do with the degree of givingness. It is the acknowledgment that supply is giving out, not gathering in. Giving need not necessarily begin with the giving of anything material, money or things-with giving anything. It may begin with the giving up of some things: the giving up of resentment, jealousy, and hate; the giving up of the desire to get recognition, reward, remuneration, gratitude, and cooperation. Simultaneously with this "giving up" will come the giving of patience, co-operation, love, and forgiveness. Give in the realization that it is not what you get that is your supply: It is what you give. It may be that you have been holding on too tightly to money. If so you will have to learn how to release it, and by turning it loose, set in motion the flow that inevitably returns to you. This is not to be construed as throwing money or any good thing away prodigally or ... Realize that God is infinite and that your supply is as infinite as God. And what about those who let their fruit stay on the tree, who do not pluck it? How quickly they learn that a tree can wither and give forth no more fruit: Only as you pluck the fruit and gather the blossoms from the flower bushes does the Life- force begin its work of multiplication, pushing out twice as much as before. Your supply becomes evident only in the proportion that you love your neighbor-give out love, give out forgiveness, give out co-operation-but give always without seeking a return. Only the gross materialist gives and then seeks a return. The true spiritual light gives out of the fullness of a heart of givingness, seeking no return. There is no need for any kind of a return: God is one's sufficient return. To understand this is to understand one of the major healing principles of The Infinite Way: Your consciousness of truth determines your supply, not a God somewhere, not a Christ somewhere, not a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...II, A New Concept of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 12, Truth Takes Over Your Life
- ... Let Thy love flow through me that I may be wise, loving, benevolent, just. This is somewhat like Solomon's prayer when he took over his high office, that he be given God's wisdom. As you surrender yourself to God's government, to the reign of God, to the spiritual center of man that man may be spiritually-inspired and God-endowed, you are in some measure dealing more wisely, kindly, lovingly, benevolently, and more justly with your neighbor-and more forgivingly with your enemy. And if I wish to be God-governed, I must be still. I must be still and let God's government take over. Yes, there are certain things I must do to prepare myself for God's government. I've learned this from the Master: not to expect God's government if I'm holding somebody in desire for revenge. If I'm holding somebody in hate, there's no way for God to break through my consciousness. The reason is- this comes to you at this stage of unfoldment-that God is love. But God is not a love out here that comes to me. God is a love that I let flow out from me. But since love means forgiveness, benevolence, cooperation, mutuality, sharing, giving, there is no love in me unless those qualities are being expressed. Therefore, to fit myself for God's government, which means the government of love, I must make myself an instrument through which love can flow. And so, step by step, we are strengthened until the day comes when we realize that now we can rest at will in God and let that Spirit that flows through us, that Robe that envelops us, be the prayer, the benediction, and the healing to our community and to the world. We become the light of the world as we bring ourselves to a state of consciousness in which we do not battle the errors of the world, but in which we become completely still and let the Spirit of God nullify and dissolve the pictures of sense. No longer will we struggle with error, but rest, relax, and bear witness to God functioning on earth as in heaven. Above all, we will never forget ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 12.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 64K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 16, Healing and Silence
- ~ 16 ~ HEALING AND SILENCE From the time a patient asks for help, the responsibility for the healing lies with the practitioner. It is the practitioner's responsibility to live, move, and have his being in and as divine Presence; and his life must be lived according to that standard. He must have grown into that state of consciousness in which he realizes his oneness with God in full measure, so that he does not look to person, place, or thing for anything and never permits such things as envy, jealousy, malice, or lust to enter his consciousness. We do not set ourselves up as healers of disease; we are followers of the spiritual way of life, in which, if you seek first the kingdom of God, all these other things will be added unto you. It is a most marvelous thing that a grain of this truth does so many wonders. Very often people who are not on the spiritual path can easily be healed by a practitioner. Nevertheless, even the Master found those he could not heal because of their unbelief. Many times he asked people if they believed that he could heal them. When he spoke of belief and faith, he really meant a belief and faith shown forth in actions. He knew how many are invited to the spiritual feast and how few come: they are too busy with other engagements. No Practitioner can take the responsibility for bringing about a healing if the patient is continually filling his mind with the pleasures and pursuits of this world. If the patient insists on listening to the radio or watching television from morning until night, or sitting at a card table or cocktail table, hour after hour, he is separating himself from his good, because, having ears, he cannot hear what Spirit is saying. He would not get a healing if it were sitting on his door-step, because he would not be at home. "Having eyes, ye see not, having ears, ye hear not." Certainly the patient does not hear or see if he is so busy with worldly things that he does not have time to listen for the voice of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 16, Healing and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 7, World Work For All Infinite Way Students
- ~ 7 ~ WORLD WORK FOR ALL INFINITE WAY STUDENTS Most persons in the world are confident that ultimately there will be a good world, and that either the evolution of human consciousness or just the passing of time will make it so. In this belief they are "barking up the wrong tree," because human consciousness is built on self-preservation as its first law, and therefore, the longer human consciousness evolves, the more ways it is going to find of preserving itself at somebody else's expense. As you well know, the world has not been saved in all these thousands of years; and if it is to be saved, it will not be by human consciousness evolving to the point of making bigger and better bombs or forming bigger and better organizations. No, if the world is to be saved, it will be by the activity of the Christ in human consciousness, and this activity will eventually erase human consciousness, so that no longer will self-preservation be the first law of human nature. Certainly all those on the spiritual path are discovering that they are experiencing fewer of the world's problems and that they are better enabled to meet those problems. But Infinite Way students who engage in prayer and meditation for themselves and for their families must go beyond their immediate circle and set aside a little time for the rest of the world. Probably some students may not have thought this important because they are so certain that the world is going to be saved. The world, however, is really a world made up of individuals, and just as each one of us could go on being a human being from the cradle to the grave and still die a human being, so, too, can the whole world go on the same way. It is because the activity of the Christ has touched our individual consciousness in some measure that we find ourselves to a degree free of the world's problems. It is only when a person has been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that he can even begin to approach the goal ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r All Infinite Way Students.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Gratitude
- Gratitude THE MEANING OF GRATITUDE IT HAS BEEN SAID that "By their works ye shall know them." This truth applies most aptly to Gratitude. Gratitude reflects itself in works. The higher the concept of Gratitude . . . the greater the works of the Being reflecting that Gratitude. The act of expressing Gratitude is in truth the act of recognizing and acknowledging (within yourself) the Source of all your good . . . which is God. It is impossible to express Gratitude without expressing Love, as they are both components of God and, therefore, inseparable from God. Gratitude is akin to Love. Gratitude, like Love, is God expressing Itself through man as man. It is impossible to love without expressing some degree of God through your consciousness, and so it is, also, with Gratitude. It is impossible to BE grateful without expressing some degree of God while you are BEING grateful, for Gratitude is of God . . . not of man. Gratitude has a meaning far beyond the word gratitude, itself, or even any idea connected with gratitude. It goes deep into the reality of being. Gratitude, as it is generally understood, of course, is an outpouring in appreciation for that which we have received. Gratitude SEEMS to express our appreciation for benefits received but, actually, such is not the Truth about Gratitude. The Truth about Gratitude is this . . . you cannot be grateful and you cannot be ungrateful. It does not lie within the power of any individual to be grateful or to express gratitude . . . nor does it lie within the power of anyone to withhold gratitude. GRATITUDE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MAN. Gratitude is one of the many phases or aspects of Love . . . and Love is God . . . therefore, Gratitude is really a form of God activity or God expression. It is, therefore, true that ONLY God can express Love . . . ONLY God can express Gratitude. We can only be the vehicles through which God pours Itself as Love or as Gratitude. GRATITUDE AS RELATED TO SUPPLY GRATITUDE IS CLOSELY AKIN to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Joel Goldsmith_ Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Fourth Dimension of Life
- The Fourth Dimension of Life WHEN THE MASTER, Christ Jesus, says, "I can of my own self do nothing, the Father within me doeth the works," when Paul says, "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"-they are revealing the Fourth Dimension of life in which you do not live "by bread alone," nor by personal will, effort or even personal wisdom. There comes a point in your experience when you are not solely you-but in which you are conscious of a Presence within. This point of transition comes when the Presence becomes real within you and takes over your life. From the moment of this transitional experience you do not again take any anxious thought for your life because there is always this IT-this Christ-or divine Presence, and IT brings to you the harmonies of your daily experience. In this transitional experience you pass from being merely a human being, thinking your own thoughts, planning your own life, arranging your own affairs to a place in Consciousness where you really and truly "feel" this inner Presence, and you then live as if you had stepped aside a little-say two or three inches to the side of yourself-and are watching your life being lived for you. If you, at that moment, are in the business world, you will find business coming to you that you were not personally responsible for-that is, you had made no personal effort to secure. If you are an author or composer, you will find ideas flowing, such ideas as you have never dreamed of, flowing to you from within- and you will know that you are not creating them, but they are given you by an inner Grace. If you are in Spiritual Work, the Healing or Teaching Ministry, you will find patients and students being led to you, and all will be spiritually healed and led by the Spirit. Thereby you would understand that "I live-yet not I, but Christ liveth my life. The Father worketh hitherto, and I work." At this point you become the instrument for the operation and activity of divine Consciousness. When the Master ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Fourth Dimension of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents