Seek Ye First: Chapter 6, Steps to Union with God
- Those who may not believe it in this particular age may have believed it in some previous time, but by now they have outgrown it. Individual Consciousness Is Evolving Out of Spiritual Ignorance How great must be the transition in consciousness from the state of ignorance that believed God is responsible for mankind's ills to the state of consciousness where the teaching that God is too pure to behold iniquity is accepted, that God does not hold sinners in condemnation for their sins, or punish them, but that He sent His only begotten Son to earth to teach the forgiveness of sins, the overcoming of sin, and the destruction of sin! The teaching of Jesus Christ wipes out much of the teaching of the ancient Hebrew scripture, but remember that there are people on this earth today who are still living in the spiritual darkness of ancient times. When you realize that, you will understand why it takes some persons ten ... Praying for health, praying for wealth, praying for supply, praying for home, or praying for companionship is the surest way to lose it. But when you take no thought for those things in your life and pray only for the recognition, realization, and demonstration of conscious oneness with God, you awake and find that all things have been added unto you. The most difficult part of this entire path is giving up the habit and the desire to pray for things and conditions. A person wonders what would happen if he stopped praying for supply. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for all the thousands of years of spiritual ignorance that have been absorbed and assimilated. Far better would it be to pray for forgiveness for acts-conscious and unconscious acts-that have violated his spiritual integrity, even though they may not have violated the laws of the land. Much more profitable is it to pray that he be forgiven in proportion as he forgives. Once the idea is clear to you that praying for things is the materialistic sense of life, because it is praying ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 6, Steps to Union with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:10- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 1, Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude
- Chapter One Lift Yourself to a Spiritual Altitude Everybody is seeking a way out of human limitation, human failure, and human conditions, all the difficulties of human life. We, that is, those who have any degree of social awareness or social sensitivity are not only seeking a way out of lack and limitation for ourselves; we are seeking a way out of lack and limitation for all the nations that do not have abundance. We are not only seeking a way out of ill health for ourselves, we are seeking to find health and harmony for all the peoples of the world. We are not only seeking to find peace in our individual lives, we are also seeking to find peace for all peoples on the face of the earth. When I say, "we," I am speaking of all of us, in this work or out, in orthodox religions or unorthodox religions, and of those who have no religion. Every thinking person is seeking a way out of human difficulties and out of human limitation, not only for themselves, but for all the world. This concern has been going on for many, many centuries, and the wonder is that in all these centuries a way has not been found to take us out of these difficulties, these problems, and these human miseries. When we look around to investigate what means are being used to overcome world difficulties, we find that these means are usually on a material level. We have been trying to meet the needs of the world by means of all the material resources of the universe, by means of invention, science, and discovery. It is a turning to whatever exists in the material realm. Attempts to Solve Problems by Supernatural Means There are a few who turn to some particular concept of God and fare no better than those who resort only to material means. We may wonder at that until through research we discover that when the world was sparsely populated with only a few native tribes here and there on different continents and islands, and living without any religion, as the problems of human living became acute and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elf to a Spiritual Altitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 11, Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being
- Chapter Eleven Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being God is the central theme of the message of the Infinite Way, but God is probably the most misunderstood word in all languages. Often in my travels, strangers ask, "What do you do? What is your business?" And I have to tell them I have no business, that I just write. "Oh, novels? Fiction?" Always I am in the same predicament. It is a strange thing to say, but eventually I have to tell those who ask that I write about God. Then comes the question, "What is the title of your book?" This leads me to explain that there are about twenty published books and twenty-five more coming. "All on God?" "Yes, I never change the subject." That in itself is strange, but what makes it even more strange is that very few persons know what I mean when I say God. I seem to mean something different from what most of them imagine. I am sure, from my experience, that most persons not only believe in God, but to some extent they actually believe they know what God is. That, too, seems rather strange because as a rule after a year or two of study students of the Infinite Way tell me they have never known what God is and just now they are beginning to realize how difficult it is to understand the true meaning of God. It really is difficult because regardless of what you may think about God you are bound to be wrong. You cannot be right, and you never will be right. There never will be a time when you will be correct in what you think about God. As long as you are thinking about God, you are entertaining concepts about God. Those concepts are based on your previous experience, childhood religion, or on what someone has thought, said, or written. Until a person has been a serious student of that subject for many years, God rarely becomes an actual experience. Meeting God face to face is the final word on the subject of what God is. Opening the Soul-Center The main function of a teacher in the activity of the Infinite Way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he I Am of Individual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 11, The Infinite Way of Life
- Chapter Eleven The Infinite Way of Life The Infinite Way is a way of life to which we are led at some time in our experience. It is a way that cannot be told to any person: he has to seek it; he has to want it. Since all of us are at different states and stages of consciousness, not one of us can be ready for every message at every moment. So it is that there is always a moment in your life or mine when we are ready for this particular way of life. The purpose of the Infinite Way is to bring about a transition in consciousness from a material sense of life to a spiritual consciousness of life. In this work a transition is made out of the world of material and mental powers to a state of consciousness where there is no power. Spiritual power is really not a power in the sense of doing anything to anything or anyone, or being used for any purpose whatsoever. Assume Control over Your Mind In the material sense of life, matter and material power in its many forms, down to and even beyond the atom, can be used. As we advance, we come to a place in consciousness where we can use mental powers and can control what goes into our mind or what comes out of our mind if we so desire. Most persons are not only at the mercy of material powers and forces, however, but unfortunately they have not learned how to control what goes into the mind and what goes out from it. When they find one of the metaphysical movements, they learn that they have jurisdiction over the mind. They can choose not only to read spiritual or metaphysical literature, but they can also choose to refuse to entertain the fear-thoughts of this world. By accepting their dominion they can refuse admittance to anything undesirable. It is you, individually, who must, at some time or other, refuse any longer to be a victim of universal beliefs, of the malpractice of the world or the domination of the minds of men, refuse to be taken in by false advertising or by the millions of unseen and unheard thoughts that travel ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, The Infinite Way of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:15- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 6, The Middle Path
- Chapter Six The Middle Path Most persons are praying to God and turning to the Christ to have their nets filled with fish instead of following the Master's teaching to leave their nets. Leave all! Do not seek companionship; seek My companionship and see what happens. There is a new dimension, another plane of consciousness, in which a person does not seek human good, human companionship, or human supply, in which he does not seek anything of a human nature. Rather he seeks to forsake his dependence on things as well as his dependence on mother, father, sister, or brother. Then he gains the spiritual sense of parenthood, childhood, husbandhood, wifehood, and spiritual wholeness. Spiritual Regeneration Is the Goal of Infinite Way Work Let us assume that someone who is ill has asked for help. With that call for help, you are being presented with a human being, at the moment ill and aging. Even if he is only sixteen years of age, he is aging. In traditional metaphysical practice the idea is to make this person well. If he tells you that he has a temperature of 104 degrees, and calls up later to say that it has gone down to 102, you breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Isn't that fine?" An hour later he calls and tells you that it is 98.6. Ah, that's perfect! The next person may call because he has burned himself and is in pain, but when an hour later there is not even a scar where the burn was, again comes that sigh of relief. The call may come that another person is dying, and the doctor's prognosis is that he will be gone in three hours, but three hours after the call for help the patient is sitting up, drinking orange juice. Again comes that sense of "How wonderful!" That is all based on the fact that John Jones was dying, but now he is alive. As a matter of fact he may be so alive that he goes to work the next day and is run over by a trolley car. In the early years of my practice I had two experiences similar to that. After years of being under a doctor's care, a man ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 6, The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 14, Overcoming Mesmeric Sense
- ~ 14 ~ OVERCOMING MESMERIC SENSE Now I'm going to explain a mystery, and if it shocks some of you don't hesitate to pray about the subject within yourself. Don't go to anyone and ask them to explain it. Certainly don't complain to anybody because I said it; but take it into your own inner sanctuary and ask God for light on this subject. You know there are pilgrimages to Lourdes, and that out of every hundred- thousand people who go there only fifteen are certified as being healed. You know there isn't a day, an hour, that churches, synagogues, and temples aren't open where prayers are uttered for the sick. And you know what would be happening if materia medica weren't right on the job! Haven't you wondered why all of these prayers to God have not healed the sick? Haven't many of you prayed to God for your children or your parents or your wives or husbands, and wondered why you didn't get an answer? Then let it be clear to you now that God knows nothing of disease and therefore has no possible way of healing it. God would first have to know you were sick before God could heal you, and if God knew you were sick and did nothing about it until you prayed, what kind of a God would you have? In other words, humanity experiences a complete separation between God and man "whose breath is in his nostrils." If there weren't such a complete sense of separation between God and humanity, humanity wouldn't be sick, sinning, dying, aging, or decrepit. You can't believe for a moment that if God were on the field such things would be happening in the lives of millions. Do you, any one of you, actually believe that God knew there were seven million Jews being burnt up in ovens? Do you really believe that God knew that? Is there one of you who does not know how sincerely the Hebrew people prayed to their God, how earnest they were in their devotions? But they were burnt up! Do you know that seven hundred thousand Hebrews lived in the city of Amsterdam before the last war and only ten ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Overcoming Mesmeric Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 4, Treatment - Its Meaning and Purpose
- ~ 4 ~ TREATMENT: ITS MEANING AND PURPOSE Good Morning. Sunday morning on Maui-one of those beautiful days Maui knows how to make! We have done an important work this week. If these tapes are properly studied they can prove to be the most important work you have undertaken in the message of the Infinite Way, but this depends on what you put into it. You won't get more out of these tapes than you put in because all these tapes have are words, and the words only take on importance as they become imbued in your consciousness and their meaning is realized. You may have to listen to these tapes many, many times before you begin to get the meaning that I put into them. That meaning is the direct result of thirty years of this work. They are important, that I'll tell you-and why? Because they deal with the subject of treatment. Why is the subject of treatment important, when it is a word that is never heard in the religious world? To understand that, you have to understand the purpose of treatment. The purpose of treatment, metaphysically understood, is the development of spiritual consciousness. Treatment isn't aimed at healing diseases or at getting supply; treatment isn't aimed at making better relationships. Treatment has one specific purpose, and that is developing spiritual consciousness. Now let me illustrate exactly how this is accomplished. In the material state of consciousness into which we were born, the greatest reality is matter and material force. That's what we fear the most and that's what we love the most. We love it most in forms of money, jewelry, property, and investments, and we fear it most in the forms of bullets, poisons, and germs. Matter in one form or another is the subject of our love, of our hate, and of our fear. In another sense, matter is something we use in the form of material force, whether it is water power or electrical power, to attain good in one way or another. But we also use material force for destructive purposes, to kill or to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t - Its Meaning and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1958, The Object of Our Search
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Object of Our Search GOD does not enter the affairs of men except through individual consciousness. As we open our consciousness to the activity of God, the sleeping Christ within is gradually awakened until there is a point of transition in which the Christ takes over completely. From that moment, we live in the atmosphere of God: God is now living our life. Until that transition has been made, however, the responsibility is upon our shoulders. Even though the presence and activity of God have been brought into our experience to such an extent that there are miracle-healings, that does not always mean that there will be no further discords and that we shall have complete harmony forever. In the early stages of our student days, or discipleship, when we begin to enjoy the blessings which are the fruits of the Spirit, there is often a tendency to revert to our human mode of living: We become enmeshed in human concerns and anxieties, engrossed in human pleasures, and thereby shut ourselves off from the activity of God, until, in some trying moment, we reach out and re-establish that contact. We have not become sufficiently stabilized in the consciousness of God to remain steadfast in it, but return again and again to our human ways of living and thinking. This swinging of the pendulum backward and forward continues until, sooner or later, we awaken to the fact that we have been seesawing between Spirit and "this world," experiencing healings followed by discords and then more healings and more discords. This finally leads to a realization of the need for a more consistent preoccupation with the things of God and the necessity of daily meditation. As we continue along the spiritual path, we find that instead of giving thirty minutes a day to the realization of God, eventually we are dwelling in God for four, five, and six hours of the day, and experiencing the fruits of the Spirit in the form of greater harmony and less discord. After weeks and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Object of Our Search.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1956, Spiritual Illumination - The Way of Harmony
- CHAPTER NINE: SEPTEMBER Spiritual Illumination: The Way of Harmony THERE is one reason for the individual and collective discords of this world- only one reason why anyone is sinful, sick, or poor; only one reason why nations contend and wage war against each other. That reason is material sense- limitation, finiteness, the belief that matter is a reality, and that matter constitutes all there is to the world. Material sense would have us believe we have a physical body that has only so many years to function. Material sense says that the world contains so many square miles of land and so many dollars, and four billion people are struggling to divide it. It is material sense that makes one desire what another possesses, to the extent that men are willing to steal and cheat and even kill to obtain it. The foundation of our spiritual work is set forth in the following quotation from The Infinite Way 1 Illumination dissolves all material ties and binds men together with the golden chains of spiritual understanding; it acknowledges only the leadership of the Christ; it has no ritual or rule but the divine, impersonal universal Love; no other worship than the inner Flame that is ever lit at the shrine of Spirit. This union is the free state of spiritual brotherhood. The only restraint is the discipline of Soul, therefore we know liberty without license; we are a united universe without physical limits; a divine service to God without ceremony or creed. The illumined walk without fear-by Grace. Such illumined spiritual consciousness reveals that we need nothing of each other, because "All things that the Father hath are mine." The nations of the world will heartily agree that this is a beautiful, idealistic, and much to be desired theory, but not for one moment will they believe it to be practical. The practicality and usability of the Christ teaching never will be known, or understood, or demonstrated by man whose breath is in his nostrils, because, to him, the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nation - The Way of Harmony.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 4, Error
- ~ 4 ~ ERROR Our conscious oneness with God constitutes our oneness with all spiritual being and idea. Meditation should result in the consciousness of the presence of God. This conscious awareness of the presence of God is the foundation of our entire experience. Since God is infinite good, our being consciously one with God means that we are consciously one with infinite good. Then we do not have to try to get at- one with a good home, a good automobile, a good wife, a good friend, a good book, or a good teacher; we only have to realize at-one-ment with God, and God appears to us: God becomes visible and manifest to us as the good home, the good wife, the good automobile, or the good anything else that may be our need at the moment. When we try to help ourselves or others through spiritual realization, it is the Christ that does the work; it is the Christ that dispels the illusion; it is the Christ that operates as healer, reformer, supplier. But what is the Christ? The Christ is our individual consciousness when that consciousness has been released from its fear, hate, or love of error. Now let us put that into practical, usable form. Let us assume that there is a shadow on the wall. As we look at it, we can see that it is a shadow, and of course we do not hate it, or fear it, or love it. If I thought that that shadow were some kind of an evil presence, I might very well hate it or fear it; and if I thought it was a person, I might love it. Knowing it as shadow, however, I can neither hate, nor fear, nor love it: I look on it with complete indifference, knowing that its only existence is as shadow-virtually nothingness, without substance. When I am called upon for help and recognize that the problem, whether physical, mental, moral, or financial, has no more substance than that shadow-that it is not power, it is not presence, it is not reality-that attitude is what determines my healing ability. That constitutes my degree of Christhood. When I can face any form of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Speaks_ Chapter 4, Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 125K
Find Similar Documents