The Infinite Way: Meditation
- MEDITATION TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue, meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems, but rather the contemplation of God and God-activities, the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God has created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period, he should turn his thought to God, consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and Its formations. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to receive spiritual understanding, we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living. There is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and the earning of a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on the greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, which is the temple of God, and there dwell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 70K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 10, When We Pray Amiss
- ... If the masses could know something about the world of the Spirit, some of them at least would begin to open their eyes and desire what we who have learned about a life of prayer have discovered. Prayer, to be answered prayer, must come from a heart that is purged of personal and selfish motives, a heart that has for its desire that all men may know God's grace. This prayer, silently spoken or thought, not only sets the one who prays free, but it sets mankind free. We can watch it in operation at the level of the family. We can use this silent, secret prayer in our household, confining ourselves to our immediate circle, and pray that God's grace be established. We embrace everyone in our consciousness until we have made peace with them and have attained an absolute conviction that we desire the grace of God to be their experience. When we begin to see the fruitage in that small circle, then we are ready to lift our vision and go out into the community, to the seat of our government, to cross borders and look each nation in the face, each religion, and make peace. Go thy way in peace. May God's grace be visited upon you. May you forever know the joy of living in His forgiveness and His love, peace, and prosperity. Prayer for God 's Government on Earth World prayer work is the most difficult of all because we must, first of all, surrender all concepts as to the solution we are seeking, never praying for a certain event or experience. And the reason this is difficult is that each one of us has decided whether it would be good to have a Republican administration or a Democratic administration and, in some cases, even a Socialistic or Communistic administration. And when we pray, we are praying for this, and there can be no success in such world work. Success comes only with the surrender of material or human desires, and the desire for God's government on earth: spiritual government, not just a different form of human government. God is Spirit, and the only prayer of a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vernment of Eden_Chapter 10.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 2, God
- ~ 2 ~ GOD "Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God." 1 Many have tried to "explain" God, but so far none (to my knowledge) have ever succeeded. God must be individually experienced. Because of generations of belief in material being we seem to be far removed from God, and only as we live in "prayer without ceasing," that is, dwelling on the thought of God, will it be possible for the experience, or revelation, of God to come to us. Most people either believe in, or believe that there is a God, but this is far from knowing, far from the assurance and the consciousness of the presence of God. Spiritual sense alone reveals it, and spiritual sense is developed through the conscious dwelling in thought of God, and what it is, and where we find it. We should also dwell on the subject: What is man? We are familiar with the statement from the Greek Temple, "Know thyself." Well, close your eyes, get quiet inside, and ask yourself: "What am I?" If arms, legs, head, and brain are not me but mine, who is this possessor of the body and mind? If I think, who and what is the thinker? These thoughts lead to the understanding of God. Do we think often enough of what the word "God" means to us? Not what it means to our friends or neighbors, but what it means to us! Man is the manifestation of God, and how can we know man until we know that of which he is constituted. The manifestation of God is not a mortal, a material being. God can be manifest only in its nature, character, and quality. Therefore, the attempt to heal or enrich a human cannot be the way to manifest God. As we dwell in thought on what the nature of divine being is, we behold man, the manifestation of divine being, and there we find the infinity, eternality, and harmony of our own being. "Therefore the world (mankind) knoweth us not, because it knew him (divine being) not." 2 God manifests itself as love, life, being; and man is that love, life, and being made manifest. "Ye shall know the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Early Years_ Chapter 2, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 6, A Wedding Talk
- ~ 6 ~ A WEDDING TALK * Human marriage itself, as we know it today, is not too successful, but it would be unnatural for it to be successful as it is known today because it is said that in marriage two become one, and that has been interpreted to mean that one or the other loses his identity and individuality; the wife even loses her name. Two becoming one does not mean the separation or the loss of individual identity or individuality, for this is an utter impossibility. An individual remains an individual, not only from birth to death, but actually long before birth until long, long after death. We never lose our individuality; we never lose our uniqueness. It is an impossibility for an individual to give up, to surrender, or to lose that which constitutes his being, and human marriage tries to make either the man or the woman submit himself or herself and surrender that which is most precious in the sight of God: his or her individual expression of God being. Each of us is individual, each of us has individual qualities, each of us has individual talents and gifts, and these are not to be surrendered in marriage. . . . In a spiritual marriage there is not bondage but freedom, but this is not true in human marriage. It is true in spiritual marriage, where both recognize that in marrying they are setting each other free. This is the only thing I have discovered in thirty years of this work that will make possible happy marriages, peaceful marriages, successful marriages: the ability to set the other free that each may live his own individual life, and yet share with each other without demanding. In human marriage a husband has certain rights and a wife has certain rights, but in a spiritual marriage this is not true. Neither husband nor wife has any rights: they have only the privilege of loving; they have only the privilege of sharing. They have the privilege of giving, but they have no right to demand anything of the other. We do not leave human experience while ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 6, A Wedding Talk.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 10, Incorporeality God Man Universe
- ~ 10 ~ INCORPOREALITY: GOD, MAN, AND UNIVERSE A person can rise to mystical consciousness only by the straight and narrow path, a path which has been known to every mystic throughout all the ages. It has been taught so many times that by now you might think we would all be established in the mystical consciousness. The truth is that the interest of the world has never yet been in attaining mystical consciousness, but only in attaining the fruits of it, what the Master called "the loaves and fishes." The world has always wanted peace, but not that which will produce peace. The world has always wanted prosperity, but not that which produces prosperity. That it wants to avoid. It wants health, but not that which will produce health. The world has been taught to pray, not for what would give peace, prosperity, and health, but for the peace, prosperity, and health themselves. There is no way to attain these through prayer. Every prayer, therefore, whether it has been a Hebrew prayer, a Christian, Hindu, Vedantic, or any other kind of prayer, has failed because it has been directed toward getting "loaves and fishes," the "things," instead of that which produces the things. Attain the Fabric, and the Form Follows All creation comes forth from a source, and if you have the source you can have the creation. But there is no way to get the creation separate and apart from the source of the creation. It is as if you set your mind on having a desk, and someone said to you, "But you must have a piece of wood before you can make a desk." "Oh, do not bother me with that; do not bother me with that! I want a desk." "I know, but-" "I want a desk." "But there is no such thing as a desk until you have the wood!" So, if you want a desk, you will have to go and get yourself a great big tree and then you can have, not only the desk, but you can have a chair, too, and you can have shelves. In other words, you must have the wood before you can have a desk, but just as many persons try to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rporeality God Man Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Prayer
- PRAYER SHALL I TELL YOU why there is so much lack of demonstration in metaphysical circles? It is because there is a dependence on statements of Truth - affirmations and denials - instead of an effort to make an actual contact or realization of God- being. Talk about God - Truth - wholeness - health will not do. Talk less. Pray more. What is prayer? Is it some word or message you send to God? No. Prayer is the Word of God which comes to you when you are silent enough, still enough, expectant enough to receive it. This Word of God which you receive in Silence becomes visible as health, harmony, success, peace, joy and dominion where all the world may see it. Until every one of us can report that we receive the Word of God continuously, that we can almost at will feel the divine Presence, there will be need of these reminders. From this point on, there is very little need of our learning more Truth. You already know what God is; what the Christ is; what man is; and you know the nature of error and how it claims to operate. At least you can pass an oral or written examination on these subjects and get no less than 100 per cent. Every one of us is intellectually clear on these major points of metaphysics. If any of you doubt your complete understanding of these metaphysical truths, then hurry up and get yourself letter perfect in them: God - Christ - man - error. The next step is prayer, or treatment. I prefer to think of treatment as a conscious realization, through argument, of the truth about God, Christ, man and error; and prayer as the spiritual consciousness of Truth through Silence. In other words, treatment would deal with the letter, or argument, leading up to realization, and prayer would be the pure Silence and receptivity to the spiritual consciousness of harmony. You understand, of course, that ordinarily in metaphysics treatment and prayer are synonymous, but that I have made this distinction for myself. To me, prayer is a state of receptivity in which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tation of Scripture_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 3, The Real Self
- ~ 3 ~ THE REAL SELF Whatever of truth we have is mind expressing itself, and mind always places itself where it can best serve mankind. "Christ, or the spiritual idea, appeared to human consciousness as the man Jesus." 1 This Christ is the healer. It appears to human consciousness as man or woman, but it is, nevertheless, the Christ, or spiritual idea, regardless of appearances. "Judge not according to the appearance." 2 Do you see? All that I have or am is mind appearing to human consciousness as a person. This is true of all, and the recognition of this truth is your Christ and my Christ. Error claims to appear as a sick, poor, dying, sinning, ungrateful person, but it is neither person, place, nor thing; it is illusion, claim, or belief, regardless of whatever form it may seem to assume. Man is never the belief or the claimant. Therefore, man has never had a belief. That which appears as man is Christ, and is joyous, successful, harmonious, incorporeal, eternal, immortal, universal. It is not so much the thoughts you think that will have healing power, but what ideas of mind you can become receptive to. This is the Word of God, and it will do all that you expect of it. In other words, sit quietly and listen to the "still, small voice," knowing that mind will reveal a truth which will cause even the dead to rise. The necessary truth to bring this about is within your consciousness. It is the "Father within"; in fact, this truth is your consciousness-the consciousness that "constructs a better body" as you trust it. In Jesus' parable of the servants and the talents given them by their master, he says, "For unto every one that hath shall be given and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." 3 And so it is with us, until we utilize every bit of truth we possess, we will lose even that which we believe we have. Also, from him that hath much is expected. You have learned much of truth, and if you lay it aside it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 3, The Real Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XV, As We Forgive
- Over and over again Jesus extols the virtues of forgiveness. Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy ... One of the most important lessons for all of us to learn is that there is no room in the spiritual life for the return of evil for evil-there is no room for anything but a life of forgiveness. From the moment of waking in the ... That night, however, as I was meditating, all of a sudden the word forgiveness flashed into my mind. The first thought that came to me was, "Am I completely purged? Am I entertaining anything in my thought regarding anyone or ... And so I wondered if I had been completely forgiven and purged of any offenses of which I might have been guilty. There is a secret about forgiveness: There is not anything or anybody that can forgive us. Therefore, there is ... Just let us suppose for a moment that we could carry on a conversation with God about our faults. We confess our fault and we seek forgiveness, and to all this God says, "What? Forgiveness to do it all over again?" "Oh, no, God, it will never happen again. It couldn't ... Then we can go back again and ask for forgiveness. This time, God says, "I don't even know who you are any more. I don't see anything wrong in you to forgive." That is the true idea of forgiveness. There really is no God to forgive. When the state of consciousness that could be guilty of resentment, anger, jealousy, malice, or whatever it may have been "dies," there not ... If I have, forgiveness is complete; and if I have not, there must be a continual dying until I have realized my Self-completeness in God. I may not be able to praise myself and declare that I am pure, but this much I can do: I can turn and with an open heart forgive every offense that has ever been aimed at me or mine-at me personally, at my family, community, nation, and the world-and entertain a complete and full sense of forgiveness." With ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter XV, As We Forgive.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Real Teacher
- The Real Teacher THE HUMAN MIND is not a teacher. It is not capable of teaching because it cannot convey Truth, since the Truth is not in it. The impartation of Truth from one individual to another is not the activity of the human mind. Some of the teaching in the field of metaphysics is nothing more than the transference of intellectually perceived truths from one so-called mind to another, because they who teach have not themselves advanced far enough in the understanding of Spirit and its activities. This accounts for the fewness of the students that are capable of healing. When Truth is properly taught, the student heals at once. Divine Mind is the only Teacher, as the impartation of Truth is the activity of divine Mind. This action embodies the power of the Christ. Christ Jesus' teaching so imbued his disciples with the spirit of Love that they healed through the power of their own consciousness. It was healing without effort, or Christ healing. This same healing gift is being bestowed on individuals today by the teachers who are living in the understanding of the Christ consciousness. However, it necessitates living the Christ. These teachers have forsaken ambition and have lost any desire they may have had to occupy positions of high temporal power. They have lost the personal sense of selfhood and have gained the impersonal Christ. This reveals the true nature of teaching. Through no personal effort, or intellectuality, contact with them results in an uplifted state of consciousness in which Truth reveals itself to the student. From the "Mind which was also in Christ Jesus" come impartations of Truth to the student. Their source and power is directly from God, universal divine Mind. Christ consciousness is that state of being which is ever aware of the Allness of good. It is "the Light in which there is no darkness"-no awareness of evil, of sin, disease, or of any other discord. This is an impersonal consciousness, although individually manifested by those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ The Real Teacher.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 62K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents