Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 3, The Nature of Spiritual Discernment
- ... No Destruction in God's Creation God never created a destructive law. In reality there is no such thing as a law of disease or a law of death. To attain our freedom from these means to attain the power of spiritual discernment, so that we can see the nature of God's law, and in the presence of that power of discernment, the material sense of law evaporates. All the evils of this world are man-created, that is, they are mind-created. They are the creation of that which is called the Lord God, or law. It is the mistaken belief that this law, or Lord God, was God that has resulted in the slavery of the entire world-physical, mental, moral, and financial slavery-and all because the ancient Hebrew Scriptures that spoke of God and a Lord God were interpreted as if both terms meant God, and they do not. The Lord God is the law, and this law is done away with in Christ. Sooner or later the world will realize that the law and God are not the same. The law has to do with as-ye-sow-so-shall-ye-reap, but there is no such law in God. In God there is forgiveness seventy times seven. In God there is not as-ye- sow-so-shall-ye-reap, and it serves you right. Rather, there is, "'Neither do I condemn thee,'6 I forgive thee. I do not judge or condemn thee. I set thee free." So all that has been accepted as the good and evil of God is an error. Only those who realize the nature of God as immortal Being can understand that there can be no destruction in God or the creation of God: no beginning to it, no ending to it. It is a state of immortality. Spiritual Healing, an Activity of Spiritual Discernment Since we were born into the human mind with its belief in good and evil and into the belief that there are God-laws of good and evil, we cannot rise above them except by a conscious act of our consciousness, consciously withdrawing good and evil from this world and its people, and then saying, "Father, I know not how to pray; I know not how to judge; I know not how to understand; I know not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 5, The World Of Material Sense & The World Of Spiritual Discernment
- ~ 5 ~ THE WORLD OF MATERIAL SENSE AND THE WORLD OF SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT WHEN THE MASTER SAID, "My kingdom is not of this world,"1 he implied that there are two worlds. And yet the truth is that there is only one world. God made all that was made, and anything that God did not make was not made. Since God is Spirit, the only world is a spiritual world, and the only man is spiritual man. Then what did the Master mean when he said that his kingdom was not of this world? And what do we mean when we speak of the two worlds as taught in The Infinite Way? First of all, we mean that there is only one world, and it is spiritual. The other world is the materialistic concept that we entertain of the spiritual world; it is not really a world any more than the world of the insane is a real world. The world of the insane is a world lived within the mind, an imaginary world they have conceived. It has no external existence, any more than does the materialistic concept of world that we all accept have an existence separate and apart from mind. The proof of that is that through the development of spiritual discernment we are able to see the world as it is, to see the materialistic concept evaporate and in its place behold a world of harmony. The human being lives in a world of material sense, and this means that he measures life in terms of amounts, weights, and degrees. He ascribes power to germs: good power to some germs and evil power to others. He ascribes powers of good to some individuals and powers of evil to other individuals. He is always conferring power upon someone or something. His entire human experience is made up of a combination of good and evil; he gives power to all kinds of things external to himself. Practically everything good comes from someone else or something else, and practically everything evil comes from some other person or some other thing. He is either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely does he acknowledge that he has dominion and live out from ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ld Of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 2, Unfolding Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING CONSCIOUSNESS THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF OUR CLASS YESTERDAY, a continuity of unfolding consciousness. We are taking up where we left off, and, as a matter of fact, carrying right on as we will for the rest of the week. When John was in prison he sent word to Jesus: "Art thou he that should come? 1 Is this the promised Messiah?" And Jesus did not tell him that he had been authorized or ordained, or had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and show John the things you have seen, that the sick are healed." 2 Our only authority for the work we are doing is its result, and that result must be healing, the healing of the problems of human existence! The work of healing through the spirit is never the healing of a body; never the healing of a physical condition. That is the result, but it is not the work. The work is the spiritualizing of consciousness. The work is spiritualizing consciousness, spiritualizing thought, opening consciousness to the receptivity of God. That is the work in healing. In the presence of God there are no problems, and so when you are standing, actually standing, in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, you have no sins or diseases to overcome. Of all of Jesus' statements, the greatest is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God . . . and all these other things shall be added unto you." 3 Now the kingdom of God, the realm of God, is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the kingdom and when you are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of this world, of heaven and of earth, are added unto you. The subject of healing work is a very interesting one and there are many approaches to this practice, but I can only speak of that which has revealed itself to me. Healing work is accomplished entirely through silence! The treatments, so called, of oral explanation or the written word, are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary, most often ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Unfolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 15, 1964, Into the Mystical Consciousness
- INTO THE MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS February 15, 1964 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. Our 1963 work was to make the transition from metaphysical consciousness to mystical consciousness, and as you study the four tapes of the 1964 Honolulu Series and the papers so far, you will discover that we have been consciously making that transition and should either have made it by now or be right on the verge of attaining. There is one final step you can take that will help you complete your realization, and that is this: Look out of this window and select a tree or a group of trees, and behold that there is a law of life functioning in that tree-from the roots out to the fruit on the branches. Take it very slowly. Look down into the roots beneath the soil and you will soon agree that the roots are drawing unto themselves from the surrounding earth, food which has been formed of the rain that has fallen, sunshine, fertilization, and that out of these surroundings is sent up into the trunk of the tree and out into the branches all that is necessary, not only for the sustenance of the tree, but for the forming of the leaves, the blossoms, and the fruit. All of this is possible, not by virtue of the roots or the surrounding earth, but by virtue of an invisible life force acting in and through the tree or upon it, producing the effects that are probably visible through a high-powered glass. The miracle of this exercise is that you have been a beholder, but in no way have you had any part in what you beheld. You did not bring it about, you did not start it into action, you merely beheld, and by your beholding came into the awareness of that which has been taking place out there in those trees before we even came into this room. What is the miracle? You do not set God at work or to work; you do not bring the power of God into any situation. God was there before you, because of omnipresence. It makes no difference if you had a wrong thought this morning or if you committed a wrong deed ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 113K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 10, The Invisible Meat Unknown to the World
- ... Sharing the Infinity Within Many people fail to be helped through spiritual means because while looking to the Spirit they are at the same time a house divided against themselves, seeking their good in material ways and thinking that God is just going to help along a little bit. It is not much different from the orthodox believers who pray to God for their health and then hire half a dozen doctors to help God along. As fast as possible, we must give up resorting to material means, whether it is borrowing money, begging for it, or just expecting that because someone close to us has it that he owes it to us or should give or share it with us. We must die to our materialistic sense as rapidly as possible and lean more and more heavily on the truth that we are joint-heirs with God. Since each one of us has the same inheritance, each of us can look to his source, but this can be only if we have brought God down from heaven and placed Him in the midst of us, realizing that we can open out a way to release the infinity within by beginning to share: share our prayers, share our forgiveness, share our love, share our possessions, share anything; draw out from within; and the greater the lack seems to be, pour out that much more. Suggestion Fails Because an Immunity Is Built Up In metaphysics where mental treatments are used, there is another reason for delayed healings and sometimes failure to heal. In the beginning, metaphysical work was on a mental plane; none of it was spiritual. It is sad to think that in the early days words like "God" and "Christ" were used in their literature, when what those metaphysicians were talking about was their own mind and thoughts. They honestly believed that their mind was God and that thought was power. That error of floundering around, believing that the mind was God and that thought is power cost the world seventy-five years of spiritual unfoldment. In those days, even though the words "God," "Christ," "Spirit," and "prayer," were used, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meat Unknown to the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 9, From Humanhood to Divinity
- Chapter Nine From Humanhood to Divinity The Old Testament and the New Testament together make up what the world knows as the Christian Bible, and this might lead one to think that the whole of the Old Testament is the same in its religious teaching as is the New Testament, or that in the Bible there is to be found only one teaching. This is not true. In the Old Testament, which of course stands firmly on the teaching of Moses and the Hebrew prophets, the law is set forth. This law is the foundation for that state of our consciousness which may be called the Hebraic state, and while we are in the Hebraic state of consciousness, it is necessary to have that law. The Law Let us not think, however, that that is the same teaching as Christianity, or that it represents what Jesus Christ came to give this world. It does not, "for the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." 1 The Christian way of life is a life by grace, not a life by law. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, we do not honor our mother and father because of obedience to one of the Ten Commandments: we honor our mother and father because we have accepted the teaching of love-thy-neighbor-as-thyself, and our mother and father are just as much a neighbor as the person down the street. It would be difficult to exclude our mother and father from our love; but, on the other hand, it should be equally difficult to exclude the neighbor down the street or across the boundary. What do we have when we live under the law? We have a Sabbath, one day that must be kept holy. In the Christian Church, this is still observed, even though it is a different Sabbath Day from that observed in the traditional Hebrew synagogue. But anyone who sets aside any day of the week as holy or accepts one day of the week as more holy than another has not yet discerned the teaching of Jesus Christ. There are 365 holy days in every year, except Leap Year, and then there are 366 holy days. If that is not true, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... From Humanhood to Divinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 2, A Spiritual Way of Living
- ~ 2 ~ A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIVING Good Evening. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." The major secret of spiritual living is contained in this and many other passages. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee . . . Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace . . . Acknowledge him in all thy ways and lean not unto thine own understanding . . . If you abide in the word and let the word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. If you do not abide in the word and the word does not abide in you, you will be as a branch of the tree that is cut off and withereth." Such passages as these are to be found in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, as well as in every one of the Eastern scriptures. And the meaning is clear, since even the great Master could say, "I of my own self can do nothing; the Father within me, he doeth the works." How much more true must that be of us, that we can do nothing except God do it through us or in us or as us. "He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world . . . He performeth that which is given me to do." These are confirmations of the great revelation of all time that we are as nothing except in so far as we are led by the spirit of God, guided by the mind, the intelligence of God, empowered by the love of God, and have God's grace on every step of our journey. "I go to prepare a place for you." That presence goes before us to make the crooked places straight, that presence walks beside us, it comes behind as a rear guard. These bring to light the secret of spiritual living, without which we cannot prosper spiritually. Now, by human might and human will it is possible, if one is strong enough, to go out and battle the world to become a great success, without any assurance of course, that it will last forever and that one may not be pulled down in the end. But for one to go through life joyously, fearlessly, successfully, and harmoniously, it is absolutely necessary to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., A Spiritual Way of Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 137K
Find Similar Documents