Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Two, Attaining the God-Experience
- CHAPTER TWO ATTAINING THE GOD-EXPERIENCE We must understand that the message of The Infinite Way is not to give the world a new teaching, but to give the world an experience. The Infinite Way is actually a God-experience, a Christ-experience. The Infinite Way is not its writings, lectures, or classes. These are the instruments leading us to The Infinite Way, but The Infinite Way itself is the God-experience. It became very clear to a serious student one day, while meditating upon the subject of the desert and water, that talking about water or thinking about it would not quench his thirst. Not even seeing or touching water would satisfy. Only by drinking, and thus experiencing water, is thirst quenched. Almost from the beginning, I have realized that no matter what truth, or how much truth, we know, truth is not a healing agency. What we know of truth is merely a step leading to a certain state of consciousness, and that state of consciousness is the healing agency. When one does not know the correct letter of truth, it is very difficult to acquire the spirit or consciousness that leads to the actual God-experience. So the earnest reading and study of the letter of truth are steps to opening consciousness to a final experience; and when that experience takes place, harmonious living is quickly revealed and manifest. It is essential that we understand the nature of God. Unless we know the nature of God, there is no way of knowing the nature of true prayer, because prayer is the avenue leading to God, and it is through prayer that we make our contact with God. It is through prayer and communion that we have the God-experience. If we pray and our prayers are not answered, we can be assured, as James said, that it is because we have been praying amiss. If we have been praying, that is, knowing the truth, and have not arrived at the demonstration of harmony in our experience, we might just as well be honest with ourselves and admit, "I have been praying amiss; I have not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ttaining the God-Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 10, The Consciousness of Truth Is the Healer
- ~ 10 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF TRUTH IS THE HEALER If all the people on earth could be brought to a spiritual experience, they probably would not care too much if they were healthy or sick, wealthy or poor. The Experience itself is enough without these added human things. The healing ministry is important, however, because when a person has experienced a spiritual healing it sets up a longing to go further than just being healed. It brings out in him a desire to know God, to live the spiritual life, and then in turn to be able to help others. There never has been and never will be a teaching that will enable anyone to heal. The letter of truth alone will never heal or reform anybody, but the letter of truth will provide a person with principles which, as they are incorporated into his consciousness, enable him to release himself from material sense and evolve into spiritual consciousness. It is spiritual consciousness that heals, the spiritual consciousness with which some few mystics have come into the world. Spiritual healing is accomplished through either the natural or developed spiritual consciousness of a person, and that spiritual consciousness is yours and mine when we no longer turn to God for healing or believe that there is a God withholding healing, a God who will do today what He was not doing yesterday. The degree of help you will be able to give anyone is dependent upon the truth that is embodied in your contemplative meditation or treatment which becomes realized consciousness, the very substance and essence of the healing. A person who has been active in the healing ministry for several years should be doing effective healing work. By the time he has worked with these principles day after day, and night after night, his whole consciousness becomes so imbued with truth that there is little of humanhood left. The practitioner who has worked with enough different types of cases comes to realize that the words he has used in his meditations or treatments ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ness of Truth Is the Healer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 2, The Spiritual Goal
- Chapter Two The Spiritual Goal On the spiritual path, we have a definite goal, a specific place to reach. That goal is not the gaining of good health, better morals, more abundant supply, satisfying companionship, or a beautiful home. These are the added things that come with the attainment of the goal. If we had these other things and did not attain our real goal, we would still have nothing but baubles and bangles, nothing but shadows. When we have attained our goal, we have all the added things as the fruitage, including permanent harmony, permanent peace, permanent health, and permanent abundance. The Experience, Not Words The first step is reaching the awareness of the presence of God. It is not the final one: it is the first one. We may intellectually agree that God is omnipresence, that the kingdom of God is within us, or that Christ dwells within us. This can in no way be considered the attainment of the goal. That is merely making a statement about it, merely affirming something that we hope eventually to experience. Our goal, however, is not the declaration and not the intellectual knowledge that there is an indwelling Christ: our goal is the actual experience of the Christ. We can talk about food forever and starve; we can talk about water forever and thirst. We must have the experience of eating and drinking in order to be satisfied. So talking about truth, voicing truth, or hearing messages of truth may be very well in its place, but it is not a very satisfactory place. We begin to know satisfaction only when we experience the Christ. Then we, too, can echo Paul's statement: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." 1 The ultimate goal is conscious union with God, but that goal is reached by comparatively few persons. Regardless of the efforts they may make, they are, for the most part, preparing themselves for that ultimate experience in some future life. There have not been many in the recorded history of the world who have attained ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 2, The Spiritual Goal.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 11, Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness
- Chapter Eleven Self-Purification, the Way to the Mystical Consciousness Throughout the history of the world, there have been some few hundred persons who by the grace of God have received spiritual illumination to a sufficient extent for them to be considered mystics. There also have been a few thousand persons or possibly tens of thousands who by the grace of God have received a touch of the Spirit but, because they did not understand or grasp the meaning or significance of it when it came, could never again regain it or have the experience repeated. These represent one of the saddest elements of society. It is not necessary for a person to go through life without illumination however, because with an understanding of the truth of being and a consistent living with the principles, the spiritual centers are opened, and it is possible for anyone who earnestly turns to a spiritual teaching to receive a tremendous measure of light. The degree of that illumination varies with the individual and with the use he makes of it after he receives it. Impersonalization Illumination is possible only in proportion to our realization of the nature of God as omnipresence and infinity, thereby enabling us to look upon any and every form of discord not as a condition or a person but as a mental imposition, a malpractice, a temptation, a state of hypnotism, a nothingness. It is virtually impossible to receive spiritual light or illumination and to attain the heights possible through meditation when the mind is divided against itself. If we entertain the belief that God can do something to or for something or somebody, our mind is a house divided against itself. As long as we entertain a belief in two powers, illumination is impossible because that is the barrier that separates us from being that man who has his being in Christ. We think of each other as having certain qualities, some good and some bad, some spiritual and some material. That is the barrier. We cannot deny that some of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... the Mystical Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents