The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 12, Mind and Its Idea One
- ~ 12 ~ MIND AND ITS IDEA ONE Mind and its idea, life and its expression, these are one, inseparable and indivisible. The continuity of life is maintained by infinite and eternal law, or principle. The Son of God is forever one with the Father. That which God has created is forever manifested. In other words, life cannot be deprived of its manifestation; spirit cannot lose its formations, mind cannot be separated from its ideas; love always expresses itself, and the varied expressions of love are eternal and immortal. This is true of God and man, of God and his activity. God, life, truth, love, harmony, perfection, all these are infinite in being and in manifestation. Error, evil, disease are appearances without entity or identity, without presence or power, without law, action, volition, or continuity. Having no law to enforce them, they have no being; having no cause or creator, they do not exist as effect. Infinite life, its activity and harmony are eternally expressed as God's manifested being-man and the universe. There is not a single element of error, discord, or fear in either God or his son, in mind or its idea, in spirit or its formations, in life or its expressions. This is the law of life and the law of mind-the ever-operating law of good. It reveals the reality of being, dispelling the false appearances of sense. This is the law unto you. The basic premise of Christian Science is that God is infinite being and that man is that being expressed in all its perfection and harmony. Therefore, a sick, sinning, evil, unkind, ungenerous man has no existence anywhere at any time, and the belief that there is such a man must be overcome in your thought. "Man is the expression of God's being" 1 -"God is infinite, therefore ever present, and there is no other power nor presence." 2 It follows, then, that you are being called upon to refute the testimony of the senses and to behold "in Science the perfect man . . . where sinning mortal man appears to mortals." 3 This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 12, Mind and Its Idea One.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Metaphysical Healing
- Metaphysical Healing HEALINGS ARE ALWAYS in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends their part in what follows until they acknowledge their so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being-the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, Saviour or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much mis-knowledge of the truth of God, man, idea, body, and this mis-knowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, What is God? and the answer is I AM. God is the Mind, the Life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I, whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal Truth or Principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not-and if you do not there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle, therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the Mind and Life of the individual. God is the only "I." Next comes the question, What is man? and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth-these exist as idea or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...smith_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 3, The Christ Ministry
- Jesus said unto His disciples: Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matthew 11:5) That is the will of God for man! Never let anyone tell you that God's will for man is not good! Never let anyone tell you that it is God's will that you be punished for any sin that you have committed. The Master's ministry was one of healing and forgiveness. He forgave the woman taken in adultery and the thief on the ... He taught that we must not pray until we have established peace with our fellowman. In other words, when you acknowledge that you love your neighbor as yourself, you are asking God's Grace not only for yourself, not only for your friends, but for all those who are reaching toward spiritual realization, whether they be friends or enemies. Christ's ministry was one of forgiveness. He condemned no man. It is not God's will that people be punished for their sins, but that they be forgiven. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11) He that is without sin among you, let him cast the ... Each group within a community had a priest who would call them together twice a year. He would line them up in front of him and ask each one, "Have you had any trouble with anyone in this group in the past six months?" If the answer was, "Yes," he would instruct, "Make peace now. Begin forgiving him or asking for his forgiveness!" And then, "Have you entertained any jealousy or animosity? Begin now by asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" And, "Have you had lust or animality toward anyone? Start now asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" Thus, each person was compelled to purge himself and herself of these negative human emotions. They were then told, "Now the peace of God can begin to flow in your minds and bodies. Without this, you are blocking entrance to the Divine Grace." Is it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 3, The Christ Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VII, The Sacred Word
- CHAPTER VII THE SACRED WORD I AM THAT I AM: EXODUS 3:14 I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. JOHN 6:35 Before Abraham was, I am. JOHN 8:58 I am the light of the world. JOHN 9:5 I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. JOHN 14:6 I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. JOHN 11:25 I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. HEBREWS 28:20 Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. MATTHEW 28:20 In an attempt to fathom the mystery of God, to explain what can never be explained, and to encompass what can never be encompassed, man has used words. But words can never explain God. There can never be a word that is God. Not even the word God is God, nor the words Mind, Soul, Spirit, or Truth, for all these are effects objective to the person voicing them. There are no synonyms for God in absolute truth. Those that we use are really only attributes descriptive of God. Soul is an attribute of the purity of God; Spirit describes God's incorporeality; love, mind, principle, and law are facets of God- being; but none of these is really God. When we are done with all these words, we are no closer to God than we were before: we have not found God. And so, we go on to another word, and another word, and another word. Finally, we realize that we cannot find God in a word, in any word out here. Ultimately, we come back to the one word which holds the secret of the ages-I. I is neither objective nor subjective, and that I is the I that I am, the Knower. It is the Knower and the known, that which knows and that which is known; and I am both: I am He. If all the words that we use as synonyms for God really were God, the room in which we are sitting and repeating those words would be aflame with illumination, and there would be no disease or discord in it. But all we are doing when we repeat these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VII, The Sacred Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 6, Building the Transcendental Consciousness
- Chapter Six Building the Transcendental Consciousness Illumination, the attainment of spiritual consciousness or that mind that was also in Christ Jesus, comes when there has been sufficient inner preparation. That preparation consists not only of regular meditation and of learning the letter of truth, but what is even more essential: the practice of it. The letter of truth itself does not do the work of producing harmony in our experience: it merely helps to bring about a change of consciousness. Living Out from the Principle of One Power Let me illustrate that. In our ordinary human state we are always fearing the power of evil in one way or another, fearing infection, contagion, age, lack, fearing tyrants, domination or those who dominate, or fearing the weather, storms, lightning, wild animals, beasts, and reptiles. In this divided state of consciousness where we have respect for the power of good and yet fear the power of evil, there is very little possibility of attaining illumination. But when we accept the spiritual principle that there is but one real Power and therefore we need not fear any negative or evil powers, we begin an actual practice of that way of living and whenever we are confronted with an erroneous appearance we consciously remember: There is but one power. I need not fear what man can do to me; I need not fear what mortal conditions can do to me; I need not fear what germs or animals can do to me; I need not fear what bullets or bombs can do to me because all power is spiritual power. There is but one power. We abide in that word of truth and let it abide in us, and gradually we begin to lose our fear of external forces and powers and come to a state of consciousness where even though we see or hear about them yet we know no fear of them. In the degree that we do not react to anything with fear or concern, we have attained some measure of illumination. That illumination is in proportion to our lack of fear of anything external. Since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents