1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 1, Welcome the New Year
- ~ 1 ~ WELCOME THE NEW YEAR The world enters what it calls a New Year. There is nothing new in it-only repetition, and many people enter the New Year with fear and trembling, yet wishing and hoping for better lives and conditions. For students of The Infinite Way the question is: How shall we approach the New Year? First of all, let us be faithful to our spiritual heritage as Children of God, and continually remember, "Now therefore, ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God." This means that we understand God as the principle, law, substance and activity of all being and of the universe itself; that thereby, we recognize the spiritual government of man and the universe; that we acknowledge Spirit as the only Power, and Soul as the only Presence. Starting with God as the creative and sustaining principle of all that is, we recognize and acknowledge that "the government shall be upon his shoulder," and therefore, all government, rule and dominion is spiritual, intelligent, loving and perfect. We will clothe ourselves in the realization that God is the Mind, Soul, Spirit and Law unto all spiritual being, and that mortality-which is but mythical existence-is forever without form, and is void. Understanding that error, regardless of its form or name, is not power or law, we will meet whatever human sense brings to the world with the realization that it comes only as suggestion or mirage-without power, or dominion, or control over man or the universe. We will meet lust, greed, mad ambition, stupidity, ignorance and fear as without form or power, since these do not emanate from the One Infinite Invisible. We will know that material force in any form is no more powerful or destructive than mental force, since both represent the nothingness of human belief. We will neither hate nor fear error in any form, since we understand all error as the absence of intelligence, law or power. Regardless of what human ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 1, Welcome the New Year.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 89K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 3, Prayer
- ~ 3 ~ PRAYER Success in prayer comes only when we understand the purpose and nature of prayer. The centuries of believing that God sends gifts, and that God bestows those things for which we pray, has been the barrier to fruitful prayer. God is the gift we must be seeking. God is the substance of all form, and to pray for something or some condition as though it were apart from God, or something to be bestowed by God, is the very sense of separation which holds off our good. God cannot give health-God is the only health. God cannot send food and raiment, since God is the Bread, the Meat, the Robe. God does not give peace, security and safety-God is the only Peace, the true Security, the Fortress and the Tower. The Scriptures of the entire world say, "Seek Me." Seek not what ye shall eat or drink, but seek rather the Kingdom of God. Every mystic, seer, prophet, savior and revelator has revealed the secret of fruitful prayer, and yet, generation after generation, the world has prayed for things and conditions. We are entering upon the spiritual era of mankind when peace and plenty shall cover the land, even as mother-love enfolds the babe. The secret of life may be known through an understanding of the nature of God, since this understanding alone reveals the nature of true prayer-and prayer alone is the means of communion with God. To seek God as men usually seek Him is as futile as the worldly search for the Holy Grail or the pot of gold at the foot of the rainbow. The attempt to reach God through the prayers men have learned is impossible, since true prayer is not an activity of the mind, and therefore is completely outside the realm of words or thoughts. The secret of successful prayer is the understanding that prayer is the activity of the Soul and not of the mind. Prayers, recited, read, or thought by the human mind do not rise higher than their source, and any effect, even a seeming good, is but the effect of one mind upon another-a mental suggestion which has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letters_ Chapter 3, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 86K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Prayer
- Prayer YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled, a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide or heal, is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer; and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us, and therefore we watch for the person or position through which it is to come. We may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being and therefore we are eternal and harmonious. God is Life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the Mind of the individual and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the Life, Mind, Body and Substance of individual being, therefore nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being-of the infinite nature and character of our only being-this, too, is prayer. In this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 21, 1963, The Adjustment Must be Made Within Your Consciousness-A Lesson in Secrecy
- THE ADJUSTMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS-A LESSON IN SECRECY September 21, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. I would like to speak today about healing work. The minute you become aware of discords and inharmonies in any form, on the street or in the newspapers or in your family life, you begin to reach out for the healing ministry. You may not know how, but you are alerted, and from then on you will become aware of discords in the form of sins, diseases, lacks, inequalities, injustices and these are bound to annoy you. They cannot help but annoy you now, because you know something can be done about the errors and the inharmonies and the discords that you are witnessing. The question then arises, "Do I know enough to be able to help in this situation?" Actually, it is usually in this way that you are ultimately led into the activity of spiritual healing. In other words, you are becoming very much aware of the sins and the diseases and the deaths and the lacks and the inequalities and the injustices, and as students you long to be able to do something about it. I am speaking only to those students who have had the experience of witnessing the errors and discords in the world and then being puzzled about what to do about it. That is the beginning of the spiritual awakening. Until then, no matter how much a person is seeking truth, there is no spiritual awakening because the individual is only seeking a solution to his own problems. From the moment that a student becomes concerned about what he sees on the street or what he reads in the newspapers and wants to know what to do about it, at that moment the real spiritual progress begins. It is wise at that point to try to specifically do something about the errors of which you become aware, but it is important to remember that you are not to do anything outwardly, but you have to do something silently within your own consciousness. It might be compared to the experience of walking through a school ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...usness--A Lesson in Secrecy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 107K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Infinite Way: Chapter - Introduction, Introduction
- O INTRODUCTION ne of the greatest spiritual teachers who ever walked this earth has told us that man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Throughout every age there have been men and women of discernment who have discovered that this is true. Some have left a testament of their discovery in the scriptures of the world-a record of courage, strength, and inspiration, a revelation of unfolding consciousness. The experience of these illumined men and women is a constant reminder that we do not live merely by work, food, and rest, but that there is another factor that enters life which is far more important than any of these human activities. This factor is the "word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." The Word becomes the living waters. It is our protection, our safety, our security. As we go about our tasks and duties, even though we may go through deep waters and be tried in the fire of experience, the waters will not overflow us and the flames will not kindle upon us, if the Word of God is in us and with us. It is our meat, our water, and our Bread of Life, our staff on which to lean. But the Word must be more than a quotation from a book. It must come alive within us; it must be a vital, living force. Its essence or substance must become part of our own consciousness, no longer words, but the Word. Then it lives and functions for us eternally. What is there about a Bible that is holy? Is it the binding, the paper, the print, or the words? Not one of these is sacred. The only thing in the entire Bible that is power is the Word of God. And where do we find that? In a book? No, for then it would be necessary merely to buy the book to have the Word of God. Millions of people buy the Bible every year, but how many of these people have the Word of God? Most of them have some words printed in a book. The world has missed the mark by reading the Bible as a historical or literary work. As long as it remains print in a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Introduction, Introduction.pdf
Modified: 2018-10-09 20:05:05- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Development
- ... The sky is not sitting on the mountain, and the illusion is not "out there" where it seems to be, but is your false sense of what you are beholding. You cannot get rid of the illusion; you must understand it as illusion, and see through it to ever-prevent Reality. Understand that all that appears is God- appearing, despite the illusory sense of it you may be momentarily entertaining, and even the illusion will be dispelled. Error is never personal. You must therefore never condemn a person, but see the error as impersonal, a part of universal mesmerism and no part of any individual. In this impersonalizing of error, you dispel it. One of the great laws of the Bible is, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." (Matt. 5:44). Your understanding of the prayer of forgiveness is that it is the realization of oneness. To know that that which is appearing, as persecutor, hater, enemy in any form, is really the Christ itself, which finite sense has misinterpreted, will free you of any evil effects of hate, persecution and enmity. Never forget that there is in reality no sick person to heal, neither a sinner to reform - only the Christ-presence to be spiritually discerned. This is the true law of forgiveness. Thus we pray for our enemies. There is a prevalent belief that the thought of certain individuals or groups can harm you. You cannot be made to suffer from any belief other than your own acceptance of a selfhood apart from God. Those who entertain a belief in two minds or in a life that can be impaired or ended, or in a selfhood apart from God, suffer from that belief in proportion as the belief is accepted. This, too, can be healed in a moment by relinquishing the belief in two powers, and the belief in more than one Presence. The purpose of your study is, first, the improvement of humanhood - the improvement of health, wealth, harmony, companionship, home and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ture_ Spiritual Development.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 4, Reality
- ~ 4 ~ REALITY Christian Science understands all evil to be illusion and, necessarily, it declares human good equally without reality. It reveals that physical health is as much a belief as sickness. Likewise, material wealth is but the opposite belief of poverty. In order, then, that we do not vacillate between the beliefs of health and sickness, wealth and poverty, friendship and friendlessness, it becomes necessary that we come into the understanding of spiritual reality. Obviously we cannot measure our progress spiritward in terms of days or years of physical freedom or amount of dollars income. The measure of our progress is determined by the degree of our understanding of spiritual values. The natural result of our spiritual progress is a greater degree of harmony in what appears as our human affairs, but when this harmony is the result of spiritual realization we find no fluctuation and no vacillation. This spiritual, or real state of being, is exemplified in the Scriptures in such passages as, "And there shall be no night there," 1 and the revelation of light appearing although the sun was not yet created: "Let there be light: and there was light." 2 Again in the appearance of crops before the seed is planted. In these passages we find good appearing without dependence on material aid or accompaniment. Job says, "and hangeth the earth upon nothing," 3 again indicating spiritual power dependent on nothing tangible to human sense. Jesus fed the multitudes with a few loaves and fishes, and this so-called miracle has never been explained, nor will it ever be to human sense. That spiritual sense comprehends and can duplicate it we know, because of the frequency with which this is done by the spiritually illumined of all ages. Moses fed the multitudes and provided water; Elijah provided food and healed even death, as did the Master Christian. Every real spiritual healing that takes place today is further proof, if proof were needed, that there is a realm of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 4, Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Prayer
- PRAYER "YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled or a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide, or heal is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer, and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us; and, therefore, we watch for the person or position through which it is to come; or we may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being; and, therefore, we are eternal and harmonious. God is life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the consciousness of the individual, and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you, and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the life, mind, body, and substance of individual being; therefore, nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being - of the infinite nature and character of our only being - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 93K
Find Similar Documents