Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Business
- Business Business always seems to be dependent on certain conditions, circumstances and seasons, or on the good will of other persons. In the human picture business is affected by weather, finances, changing modes and fads, but turning from this picture we find that in reality business is the continuous activity of Principle; that this activity is infinite and harmonious, and that it is maintained and sustained by Principle itself. Christian metaphysics, revealing the spiritual nature of business, aids us to lift our thoughts regarding all commercial activity to the place where the true idea of business is apprehended. Every idea, and your business is an idea of Mind, is supported by the animating Principle of the idea. "When an idea begins to work in thought, it furnishes all that is necessary for its equipment, establishment and nourishment." -Adam Dickey BUSINESS IS AN INFINITE activity, is forever without limit, and is never dependent on person, place or thing. Right where you are, business is. It is a result of and resident in individual consciousness, because individual consciousness is the universal Consciousness individually expressed. If we go about our tasks doing those things that lie nearest at hand, with faith that there is an ever-present, invisible power which the Hebrews call Emmanuel, or "God with us," and which Christians call the Christ, our work will always bear fruit. This omnipresent and omnipotent power is the Presence of God prospering all right endeavor. It is only the degree in which we believe that it is either some personal effort of our own or another's, or that it is the good will of humans that prospers us, that causes apparent failure or lessening of fruitful activity. The prophet Isaiah clearly reminds us to "cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" The point to remember is that at all times, and in all places, there is an invisible and omnipotent power acting to support every right ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Joel Goldsmith_ Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 9, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 9 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT NOW I WANT TO EXPLAIN that for tonight at least, I would like you to be very indulgent and very patient while we do a little adjusting. This is the first class I have ever had where we represent such varying states of consciousness. Because of that I want to make a little explanation and then bring together the adjustment of thought. Some here are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of the Christian Science viewpoint; some are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches; others are almost beginners in metaphysical work and the spiritual approach to life. So, when I talk I am reaching three different thought patterns and expecting all those three to understand the same thing in the same way and it can't be done. For that reason I think this evening should be devoted to bringing about a sort of equalization to see if everybody tonight, after a week of being together, can see what the approach is; then from here on, for everyone to understand the language we use and all that it means. For that reason I would like to start this evening off with questions-questions from you to me and, if necessary, some from me to you. We will see if we can, by means of these questions, answer some of the differences that may exist. One reason for all of this is that I doubt there is any teaching now current that parallels this one. I don't mean by that, that there is any truth we are expressing or voicing that isn't included in all teaching; I don't mean that. I mean that the particular approach, the particular meaning of the truth or use of the truth or the purpose of the teaching is probably different from almost any other teaching in the metaphysical field. To begin with, I will explain this. On the positive side, which is the side of right identification, we are standing wholly on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. We are not deviating from that in any ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 9, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 16, The Robe
- ~ 16 ~ THE ROBE As an initiate, you will wear the 'robe' of your 'degree' and carry the title of Initiate, leaving behind your family name, and your family and friends as well. Having pledged your allegiance to God and to the service of God, you have no other allegiance, obligations, or responsibilities. Having been accepted into the ministry of the spirit, you are released from the duties and works of the earth. In human existence, a man accepted into military service exchanges civilian clothes for a uniform, and gives up his name for a number. As a military man, he has but one obligation or duty, and that is obedience to orders. In return for this obligation of obedience, the man who wears a uniform drops all care and responsibility for his own support. Even the support of his family comes from the military treasury. Food, clothing, housing, reading materials, amusement, vacations: all these are provided for him. The soldier takes thought for only one thing: obedience to orders. All else is given to him and provided for him. In his obedience to orders, he forsakes family and community: mother, sister, brother, wife, and children, to obey the call and fulfill his duty of obedience. In the spiritual life, the initiate has been called to the service and life of the Master. Immediately, he is divested of the clothing of the earthly world and given the robe of his degree. He renounces family ties and obligations, civil duties and activities to be of the household of God, in service to the Most High. From this moment, the initiate is relieved of all responsibility for his personal care and support. No temporal power takes over this function. Now the infinite invisible which has called him provides all things. You now stand as the initiate, called to the service in the household of God, and you may look neither to man nor other temporal source for your care. Even as your spiritual meat, bread, wine, and water are supplied to you from the infinite resources of your Soul, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nets_ Chapter 16, The Robe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 60K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Sense of Truth
- SPIRITUAL SENSE OF TRUTH Psm. 127:1 - "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it. " REGARDLESS OF the human effort we put into any enterprise, if it is not backed by spiritual awareness, all we can expect from it is limited fruitage. There is a vast difference between statements of truth and Truth itself. A statement of truth is what you declare; Truth itself is what is imparted to you from within your being. Statements of truth are read in books; Truth itself is what you discern between the lines. Shankara, probably 800 B.C., wrote: "If the supreme truth remains unknown, the study of scripture is fruitless; the study of the letter alone is useless; the Spirit must be sought out by intuition." The human mind claims to be a builder, to be a power, claims that it can do things for us. For generations the world has gone on trying to build humanly, and all it has accomplished is limitation. To insure the safety, security and prosperity of our existence, we have to come into the consciousness - the conscious awareness - of the presence of God. Without this awareness, it is just as erroneous to make statements like, "God will help me; God is everpresent and does help me," as it is to forget to make those statements. The statements themselves have no power. The human mind making such statements does not even believe in them. There must be an actual awareness of the presence of God. This must be felt within your own being. "I can of mine own self do nothing" is as high a declaration as can be made. It shows forth the absolute nothingness of even a great man like Jesus. "My doctrine is not mine, but His that sent me"-"The Father within me, He doeth the works"-"Except the Lord build the house"-there must be an actual consciousness of the presence of this infinite divine spiritual Power acting within or really as your being. In Acts 1:21 to 26, we come to a place where Judas has committed suicide and a successor is going to be appointed to fill his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e_ Spiritual Sense of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VI, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- CHAPTER VI DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Treatment is a technique employed to lift consciousness to such an elevation that a contact with God is established which permits spiritual power to flow into human activity. It is a recognition of spiritual truth, the purpose of which is to reveal an already existing state of divine harmony. This realization on the part of the person giving the treatment reveals the spiritual identity of the one who has asked for healing so that he can be seen as he spiritually is in God's image and likeness. As has been pointed out, anyone who practices spiritual healing must rise above the level of appearances-above the discords of corporeal sense, of personal sense-to a higher plane of consciousness where there is no person to be healed and where there is room only for the Spirit of God. Treatment is necessary only because a belief of humanhood has become ingrained in individual consciousness. This humanhood, or personal sense, cannot be overcome by trying to be good or by trying to think good thoughts, because any such attempt would merely be a shift from bad humanhood to good humanhood. Such a shift is, of course, desirable humanly, and naturally nearly everybody in the human picture comes eventually to see that human good is better than human evil and desires to be good rather than evil. That, however, is not spiritual demonstration, but only a step forward in human evolution. Real spiritual progress begins when a person is no longer preoccupied with either human good or evil, health or disease, wealth or poverty, but is able to penetrate beyond these to the Christhood which is his spiritual identity. Through such spiritual vision, that which has heretofore been identified as error, or evil, normally and naturally disappears because it is no part of spiritual consciousness. Jesus demonstrated this spiritual consciousness again and again. Although he spoke to his followers in terms of their experience-"Martha, thou art . . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 17, Letter and Spirit of Truth
- ~ 17 ~ LETTER AND SPIRIT OF TRUTH The world is always presenting to us pictures of sin, disease, discord, lack, and limitation. Ignorance of the truth of being causes us to accept these pictures at face value, instead of translating them back into terms of God's actual creation. Only the study of truth reveals that these pictures are but false concepts of reality; that underlying these false views of life, there is the universe of God's creating. We know now that it is sacrilegious to claim that there is a God, an infinite power, and that there is discord too. It just does not make sense. Either there is God, infinite and eternal, universal and impartial, and therefore only perfection; or there is no God, and chaos, confusion, and lack of control are actualities. Assuming God, one must be logical and assume a universe intelligently and lovingly and harmoniously governed, controlled, maintained, and sustained. Then where do these pictures and evidences of discord come from? They emanate from thousands of years of accumulated beliefs in a selfhood apart from God. These beliefs constitute a state of deception or mesmerism through which we see and experience that which has no actual or externalized existence, namely an illusion. A hypnotized person may be made to chase a dog-a non-existent dog- but one which in the mesmerized state seems real. We can never remove the dog from the scene because he isn't there. But when we can convey to the hypnotized man that the dog exists only as illusion, he awakens from his dream. In the degree that you and I see that all corporeal existence (even so-called healthy corporeal existence) is but an illusion of human or mesmeric sense, we too awaken from the beliefs in a selfhood apart from God. God is your life, your mind, your being, the substance of your body, and therefore, you are actually entirely spiritual. All that appears as material is the illusion or false sense of self, produced by the age-old and universal aggregation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letter and Spirit of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1956, The Demonstration of God
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER The Demonstration of God NOTHING from outside your own being can be added to you. All truth abides within you. You are Self-complete in God. There are, no doubt, many ways or methods of coming into an awareness of spiritual truth. For instance, if one were to retire from the world, spending months or perhaps years in unceasing meditation and prayer, gradually the truth would come forth and announce itself, and ultimately all the truth that has been disclosed since the dawn of civilization would be realized. But such a somber and ascetic approach is by no means necessary, for even in this modern day of worldly pressures and demands it is possible to come into this realization without leaving one's human surroundings and interests. One such way is by means of a devoted and consecrated study of spiritual wisdom, and, more especially, through contact with the consciousness of an illumined and enlightened teacher. Throughout the ages such a method or system of teaching has been in operation, whereby teachers with some measure of spiritual enlightenment are enabled to open the consciousness of those who seek them out. In reality, such a teacher does not impart truth at all, but, in much the same way as the sunlight opens the bud into the flower, he merely opens the closed door so that the truth already embodied within the consciousness of the student can flow forth into visible and tangible manifestation. This was the significance of the Master's words: "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." In proportion as he himself has received some measure of spiritual insight and realization, a teacher can draw others up to that level of consciousness. The reason an individual becomes a student of spiritual truth in the first place, devoting his time and effort to studying and attending lectures and classes, is because something he has read or heard strikes a responsive chord, and inwardly he has a feeling that this is not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Demonstration of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Reality of Spirit
- Reality of Spirit The most important part of our work is finding the answer to the question, What is God? So long as we think of God as some kind of a super-man sitting on a cloud or a man on a cross or some unknown and mysterious being, we do not bring even a small amount of spiritual power into our experience. Gratitude, appreciation, and recognition are a natural part of spiritual revelation and realization. Nevertheless, we might repeat over and over, "Thank you, Father" from now until dooms-day; but unless we actually understand what God is, who It is, and what It is we are thanking, and why we are thanking It, such outward expression is of little value. What is It that we are acknowledging; what is It we are thinking about; what is It we are seeking as the source and foundation of our unfoldment? God-but what is God? For thousands of years God has been considered as something separate and apart from us. Today, however, we are no longer willing to accept a far-off God, because we have come to understand that God is the Soul of our being; God is the Mind, the Spirit, the very Substance of which we are formed. God is the center of our being. God is the infinite consciousness of our being. Our "Thank you, Father" is, therefore, not only an expression of gratitude, but it is a recognition and realization that the Father, or God, is the divine consciousness of our very own being. The value of that recognition is that whatever we find to be true of God is universally true. It is true of us and it is true about every individual, everywhere, and at all times. "His mercy endureth forever." 1 This truth is universal and eternal throughout all generations. Whether we are thinking of people who. to our human sense of things, have passed on or whether we are thinking of people who are now on earth or those who are yet to come, remember this: God is their very own consciousness and they are always under divine protection, divine guidance, and divine illumination. We have no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h Reader_ Reality of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 132K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 2, Reality of Spirit
- ~ 2 ~ REALITY OF SPIRIT The most important part of our work is finding the answer to the question, What is God? So long as we think of God as some kind of a super-man sitting on a cloud or a man on a cross or some unknown and mysterious being, we do not bring even a small amount of spiritual power into our experience. Gratitude, appreciation, and recognition are a natural part of spiritual revelation and realization. Nevertheless, we might repeat over and over, "Thank you, Father" from now until doomsday; but unless we actually understand what God is, who It is, and what It is we are thanking, and why we are thanking It, such outward expression is of little value. What is It that we are acknowledging; what is It we are thinking about; what is It we are seeking as the source and foundation of our unfoldment? God-but what is God? For thousands of years God has been considered as something separate and apart from us. Today, however, we are no longer willing to accept a far-off God, because we have come to understand that God is the Soul of our being; God is the Mind, the Spirit, the very Substance of which we are formed. God is the center of our being. God is the infinite consciousness of our being. Our "Thank you, Father" is, therefore, not only an expression of gratitude, but it is a recognition and realization that the Father, or God, is the divine consciousness of our very own being. The value of that recognition is that whatever we find to be true of God is universally true. It is true of us and it is true about every individual, everywhere, and at all times. "His mercy endureth forever." 1 This truth is universal and eternal throughout all generations. Whether we are thinking of people who, to our human sense of things, have passed on or whether we are thinking of people who are now on earth or those who are yet to come, remember this: God is their very own consciousness and they are always under divine protection, divine guidance, and divine illumination. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Reality of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IX, This Is a Spiritual Universe
- CHAPTER IX THIS IS A SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE Several years ago when I was on my way to South Africa, I stopped off for a day in the Belgian Congo, and after the man in charge of the bookings and his assistant had taken care of all my tickets, made whatever examinations were necessary, and weighed my luggage, I called a little native boy to carry my three bags out to the plane which I was boarding for Johannesburg. This was such a small air station that I could see the boy as he walked out of the gate onto the field with one large piece of baggage in each hand and a small piece under his arm. A few minutes later he returned without any baggage and I said to him questioningly, "O.K.?" to which he replied, "O.K." When I arrived in Johannesburg the next morning, there was only the one tiny little piece of baggage waiting for me, and the other two large pieces were missing. Immediately, the personnel of this tremendously big and active airport at Johannesburg began searching for my baggage, but they did not find it in the enclosure nor was it with the crew's baggage; and furthermore when they sent someone to search the plane, there was no baggage there, either. The person in charge of the airline said that he would immediately contact the station in the Belgian Congo and would soon have an answer for me, so there was nothing for me to do but go to my hotel. The Infinite Way students in Johannesburg had arranged for me to visit Krueger National Park, so after buying some necessary clothing, we started out on our three-day trek through this fabulous wild-animal preserve with the full expectation of picking up my baggage when we returned. But upon our return no baggage had as yet been found. The only explanation the airline had to offer was that somebody must have stolen it, and that that somebody must have been the little native boy and a confederate because the last time the bags were seen was when he had picked them up and carried them out onto the field. The absurdity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his Is a Spiritual Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:38- 110K
Find Similar Documents