Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 3, Easter, A Rising Out Of Material Sense
- ~ 3 ~ EASTER, A RISING OUT OF MATERIAL SENSE THE MAJOR PRINCIPLE OR REVELATION OF THE INFINITE WAY is that God is consciousness, and that infinite divine Consciousness forms Itself as individual being, as my individual consciousness and yours, not a portion of It, but all of It. Most persons have been taught that man begins from a seed, and they have been led to believe that there is something not quite spiritual about the whole idea of conception and birth. They have thought of creation as an act of man and woman, about which there has always lurked some feeling of wrongness, and in their sense of creation there is something wrong because it means that they are accepting man as a creator. But man is not a creator, and the belief that he is has given rise to the idea that man is brought forth in sin and in iniquity. The truth is that the activity of creation begins with the Spirit of God pouring into individual consciousness as love. That divine love pours from your consciousness into your mind and tangibly it brings unto you your own with whom you are one, and then the idea of love, union, and oneness comes forth as the creation of the next generation. There is nothing sinful, nothing evil, nothing finite, nothing mortal about it at all. It all has its beginning in conscious union with God. While there cannot be a material creation because God is the only creator and God is Spirit, a material sense of creation has been entertained, and that is where this whole feeling of sin or wrongness comes from. All human experience has its foundation in a material sense of a spiritual universe. What is called the immorality and delinquency of this age has its basis in that same material sense, because since our young people have not been taught to understand that their first duty every day is to establish their conscious oneness with the Source so that they are animated throughout the day and night by the Spirit, they have sought satisfaction on the level of mind and body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ising Out Of Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 3, Let There Be Light
- Chapter Three Let There Be Light Far too often, we hear the statement, "Nothing is impossible to God." Usually those who voice that mean, "Well, then, we will just let God do all of this for us; and since nothing is impossible to God, we have nothing further to do." It is true that nothing is impossible to God, but that is not going to be of any help to you or to me except in proportion as we can bring the presence of God into actual realization. In other words, it is not the infinite, all-nature of God that makes our demonstration: it is the degree of our realization of that presence of God. There was just as much of God in the world before the days of Jesus Christ; there was just as much of God in the world before the days of Moses. But what good did that do the Hebrews until there was a Moses to lead them out of their slavery? What good was all this infinite power of God until there was a Jesus to heal the sick, raise the dead, and feed the hungry? Spiritual healing was just as possible to the world throughout the past five thousand years as it is today, but of what avail was that to the world until Mrs. Eddy revealed that the presence of God is as available in this age as it was on the shores of Galilee? It is true that God is and that God is infinite all-power and it is true that nothing is impossible to God; but only men like Moses, Elijah, Isaiah, Jesus, John, and Paul, who attained the actual realization and demonstration of God, were able to do these mighty works of spiritual regeneration, spiritual healing, and spiritual supplying. This same condition exists today. Since the re-introduction of spiritual healing and spiritual living, there have been and there are now some of higher attained spiritual awareness than others, and thereby there are those who are doing greater works than others. The power of God is the same. The difference in demonstration is the difference in the degree of attained God-realization. Once we understand this, we will know that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 3, Let There Be Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 12, God Alone Is Power
- Chapter Twelve God Alone Is Power Out of depths of the silence, out of the infinite withinness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily life. Most persons in the world miss much of this harmony because they are seeking their good outside themselves. They believe that their good can come to them from somebody, from something, or from somewhere other than their consciousness. For thousands of years people have been seeking health, wealth, peace, safety, security out here in the world, thinking that these could come through men, organizations, or places. It is not true and never has been true. The kingdom of God which is the kingdom of Allness has to be found within individual being. If heretofore you have been expecting good to come to you, be willing this very minute to give up all thought of any good coming to you at any time from any place, person, situation, or condition in this world. The longer you expect good to come to you, the longer you will be waiting for it and the closer will come the realization that it is not going to come. It never has for anyone. It never will come to you. But if you can give up all thoughts, hopes, and desires of getting, receiving, or achieving good, and understand that you, yourself, are the place where God fulfills Himself, you will be that place where God flows through to all those who do not yet know their true identity. The Master Revealed Our True Identity At one time I was asked to speak with two ministers on the subject of meditation and, if possible, to help them with their practice of meditation. One of them asked, "Do you believe that in this short time we have together today you can teach us how to meditate?" I told them I could not answer that question until they answered a couple of other questions. Then I would be able to tell them very quickly whether or not they could achieve meditation and the fruits of meditation in such a short period. First of all, I asked, "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 12, God Alone Is Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 13, Questions and Answers - Revelation of Scripture - The Truth About Prayer
- ~ 13 ~ QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS REVELATION OF SCRIPTURE: THE TRUTH ABOUT PRAYER Happy to have a few questions on the table. We'll answer these first. Question: You don't mention the Lord's Prayer. How does it fit in? Answer: Please let me explain to those who do not know this: There is no part of the Infinite Way message which is mine, that I have ever thought up, or conceived in any way. Every principle that is in our writings and in our work has been given to me from an infinite source, and it does not represent my opinion, my belief, or my concept, separate and apart from the fact that it is mine because it was given to me. In the same way, every passage of scripture that has been spiritually interpreted in our writings has been given to me. Those for which I have not received spiritual interpretation, I have never included in my writings and never will until the interpretation is given to me. The Lord's Prayer is a passage about which I have never had any spiritual unfoldment or revelation. However, there is one part of it that is very much a part of our work because it is a confirmation of other scriptural passages which have been given to me, and which are included in the writings, and that is: "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." That I understand full well. Only that which I release can be released within me. Anything that I hold is held against me, but not by any God. It is a reflex action of my own state of consciousness. Therefore, any time that I am holding an individual in absolute, complete unforgiveness, I may rest assured that somewhere, somehow, sometime, I too will be held in unforgiveness, not necessarily by a person, but by my own erroneous clinging to the false sense of man. So I do know this: Whatever you release, you are released from. What you cling to is that which binds you. You are your own liberator. If you cannot accept spiritual principles as they have been revealed by the mystics, you cannot come into the fullness of mystical ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re - The Truth About Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 1, Meditation: Its Function and Purpose
- ... Eventually we learn that God is not in the whirlwind; God is not in the problem; God is not out here in the world: God is in the "still small voice," 14 the voice that comes to bring to us the assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 15 or "Son, My presence goes before thee to 'make the crooked places straight'." 16 Always there will come some inner assurance of God's presence. Forgiveness Removes the Barrier There are times when we begin a meditation of that kind, and then ... As long as we accept such superstitious beliefs, we cannot enter the kingdom of God. God does not punish and God does not reward. Jesus taught that God forgives even the woman taken in adultery, not after many years of punishment but now, right now in the instant when she seeks it, forgiveness is there: "Neither do I condemn thee." 20 To the thief on the cross the Master said, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." 21 The whole of the Master's teaching is forgiveness, not punishment. Some of us may have been taught that our troubles come to us through God, and that for some reason God has visited this affliction upon us. That is utter nonsense. The Master reveals that he came to do the will of God, and the will of God is forgiveness "seventy times seven," the healing of disease, the raising from the dead. So it may be a shock when we go into meditation and discover that we are still believing that God has visited death on a person or God has called ... We could not even love our mother under those conditions and certainly we could not love God. Love for God comes when we know that God is love and in Him there is no hate, no punishment, no unforgiveness. In Him there are no human qualities, but only the divine qualities of love, forgiveness, joy, raising up from sin, raising up from disease, raising up from death, never pushing us down. Then there comes a love in the heart, and we really can say that we love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n_ Its Function and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XII, Resist Not
- CHAPTER XII RESIST NOT To live the spiritual life means to live above the human sense of life, to live without recourse to human modes and means, that is, to live by the Christ. It means never to return evil for evil, never to pray or hope or wish or desire that another suffer for his offense-even his offense to us-never to desire to recoup our losses, which is the human way of life and, under our laws, legal. But legal or not, this is not the way of the Christ. True, if someone defrauds us, it is considered legitimate, proper, and right to sue him, but such procedure is not spiritual. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. MATTHEW 5:40 If someone were to counsel us, "I say to you, you must stop your lawsuits. If anybody wants to take your property, let him have it; if he wants your home, let him take it; if he takes your automobile, let him have it; and if he decides to come in and get your jewelry, let him have that too, and then look around and see if you cannot give him a few extra things in addition to what he already has taken," such advice would seem contrary to all reason. But that is what Jesus tells us to do in the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, and at this moment we have no way of knowing whether he was right or wrong. We have no way of knowing whether we might not benefit twice over by obeying that very command because most of us have not tried the resist-not-evil way of life; and moreover, until we have reached that state of consciousness, it would probably be very unwise for us to try it. At first thought, such a teaching might seem to mean that we are to let anybody and everybody walk all over us, defraud and take from us all that we have while we are just the sweet gentle things that permit ourselves to be walked on. But Jesus the Christ never meant that. What he meant was that we should not retaliate humanly, but he did not say what would happen spiritually if his advice were followed. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter XII, Resist Not.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 113K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 9, The Simplicity of the Healing Truth
- Chapter Nine The Simplicity of the Healing Truth The mystical approach to spiritual healing, as practiced in the Infinite Way, cannot be accomplished by anyone until the metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are so much a part of him that they have become like his flesh and bones. In other words, the mystical consciousness is developed through the metaphysical aspects of the Infinite Way, because in it there are consistent specific principles which develop consciousness. The Infinite Way does not teach one day that a person's wrong thinking produced his troubles and then the next day teach that his wrong thinking is not the cause. The metaphysical principles of the Infinite Way are completely consistent and are based on the truth that God is infinite consciousness and that man and the universe are this Consciousness formed and expressed. You See Your Concept of a Thing or a Person Since God is incorporeal Spirit, man and the universe are incorporeal, and just as you have never seen God with your eyes, and never will, neither have you ever seen man or this universe with your eyes. With your physical sense of sight you have never seen a tree, nor have you ever seen flowers as they are in the consciousness of God. All that you see with your eyes is a finite concept of God's creation built on the universal belief in two powers. That is why you see concepts that are sometimes bad and sometimes good, sometimes young and sometimes old, sometimes sick and sometimes well, sometimes alive and sometimes dead. But these are not creations of God. These are creations of man; they are man-made concepts. When a student looks at me, he does not see me: he sees a concept he has formed in his mind of me. On the other hand, if I should ask my neighbor to describe me, that student would not recognize me because that is not the me he has formed in his mind. If it were possible to speak to my mother, it would still be a different concept of me. None of these has ever seen the real ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...licity of the Healing Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXVII, Living Above the Pairs of Opposites
- CHAPTER XXVII LIVING ABOVE THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES From the time of the second-chapter-of-Genesis creation, man has lived in a world of two powers, fluctuating between good and evil, and often experiencing more of evil than of good. As he gains the concept of one power, and one alone, and perceives that there is neither a good power nor an evil power, he is no longer fascinated by either the good or the evil of human experience, and he becomes less identified with sensations that arise from one or the other. Man gradually learns to look upon evil without emotion, without attaching it to anyone, one might say almost without sympathy. He recognizes the nature of the appearance, and instead of accepting it as real, he accepts it as an appearance or as an illusory experience. This is not always easy to do, and it is far easier to see the illusory nature of an appearance of evil than it is to see the illusory nature of an appearance of good; but, easy or hard, the attitude must be attained and maintained that if the good is not of God, it will not be permanent, and therefore there is no use in rejoicing over it. It is obvious that this attitude takes a great deal of pleasure out of the human aspects of life, just as it takes a great deal of misery out of it, but it does replace those human emotions with an inner conviction that behind this visible scene there is a spiritual reality, and at any moment it can come into full view. When a call for help comes, our first and natural human reaction is the desire to change the evil appearance to a good one. If we are to succeed in spiritual living, however, we must very quickly bring to conscious awareness the truth that the object of a spiritual ministry is not to change disease into health, for health is only one of those temporary conditions that become disease tomorrow, next week, or next year, and not to decry the evil and try to bring about the good; but rather to turn away from the appearance and keep our gaze on the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...bove the Pairs of Opposites.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:05- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 11, Awakening to the Soul-Faculties
- ~ 11 ~ AWAKENING TO THE SOUL-FACULTIES WHEN we live as human beings with only our human faculties to draw upon, we present to the world and to each other a human selfhood: human qualities and human awareness. This human selfhood is always limited, always finite, consisting mostly of what we have learned through education, personal experience, environment, and prenatal influences. Hidden behind this personal self, however, is our real Self. There is another Being, another Something besides the physical and mental person. Paul called that Something the Christ, which really means the son of God, the spiritual identity of our being, the reality of us. The sense of separation from God that arose out of what is called the Fall of Man has resulted in our limited humanhood, in which we have only our own gifts or lack of them to live by, our education or lack of it, our home experience or lack of it, and a good environment or a lack of it. These are the things that govern the human being, and yet all the time there is dormant within every person this spiritual Selfhood called the Christ, spiritual consciousness, or Christ- consciousness. At some point in humanity's history, a stirring began within; and one here and one there found himself awakened inside through contemplation of the wonder of life. He found himself in possession of another dimension of life and saw something greater than his surroundings, greater than his own mind or brain, greater than his own wisdom. So he came into the awareness of the truth that there was dormant within him a Presence or spiritual faculty that, when awakened, enlightened him on things he could not possibly know merely through education or human knowledge. This spiritual faculty is aroused through meditation. Inner contemplation leads to an experience in consciousness where contemplation ceases, where we no longer think-not even on spiritual things-and thought seems to settle down into a stillness, a listening attitude, a hearing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ening to the Soul-Faculties.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 125K
Find Similar Documents