The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 11, Access to the Kingdom of God
- ... Without any speaking, without any whispering, just by silently thinking, open consciousness. Because of the revelation of Jesus, this part is not difficult. You have his authority to back you up. It is the next part that presents difficulties, however, and with which you probably will have to contend within yourself until you reach the consciousness of it. That part has to do with the word is. It is a very angelic word, but for a long while you are going to call it a devil, because you will have difficulty with it. What does it mean? One thing it means is that God cannot do anything for you because God is already doing it, so there is nothing that God could begin today or tomorrow. It also means that you cannot bring God into the situation because God is already there where the situation appears to be. It means that you cannot attain harmony because the harmony of God is. The thing that occupies the mind and that you are expecting of God after your prayer or meditation already is. You cannot seek anything of God: you cannot seek forgiveness; you cannot seek supply; you cannot seek healing because of is. God is and God is from everlasting to everlasting. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God will be with you unto the end of the world. All is embodied in the word is. Then why are we going to God? Just for God's impartation of Himself, for the recognition of is, the recognition of as, letting the impartation come which, when it comes, never says, "I will do something for you." It says, "I am with you. I always have been with you; I always will be with you." There is no such thing as the past; there is no such things as the future: all is is. What about the particular sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation that confronts you? It confronts you only as an appearance or ignorance of is. In your realization of is, the picture begins to fade; the illusory appearance dies out. The law of God is functioning; the life of God is being. The law of God and the life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ccess to the Kingdom of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 7, Unconditioned Infinity
- 7) Unconditioned Infinity It is an accepted part of natural normal human living for us to look outside ourselves to others for our good, for those things which we already have embodied within our own being. All of our years on earth, we have thought of ourselves as human beings, finite and limited, limited by our education, environment, or finances; and because we have so thought of ourselves, we have brought forth the demonstration of limitation. If, however, we had known that we are one with the Father, not two, and that all that the Father has is embodied within us, we would then know that what we call our Self is that divine son of God who has been given dominion over all that is, and to whom the Father has given His own allness. Once we begin to realize that our real Self is not a personal limited self, a self limited to our personal sense of good, but rather that our Selfhood, our real being, is God, of which the human personality is but the outer form, or individual expression, then, through meditation, we learn to make contact with our divine Self. From the moment that we have contact with that divine Self, infinity begins to flow forth: immortality and eternality. SELF-CONTAINED BEING Because of our false education, we have accepted our human personality as our real self and have never looked within, but rather have looked outside, putting our faith in "princes": 1 in political preference, influence, or in the accident of birth. With the revelation of our true identity, we realize that the Self of us is God and, therefore, we can reach down into this Withinness and find ourselves one with the Vine, one with our divine Selfhood. The moment that contact is established, it is as if a voice said, "I am with you. I am going before you; I will be your bread, your meat, your wine; I will appear outwardly as your opportunity, as your companionship, as your home, as your safety, and as your security. I will do all things for you." Now we no longer look to parents, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Unconditioned Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:04- 161K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 10, Surrendering the Human Sense of Health Supply and Peace
- A Chapter Ten Surrendering the Human Sense of Health, Supply, and Peace lthough those of us on the spiritual path are to some extent the same persons we were when we first came to the study of spiritual wisdom, in some ways we have changed. We are now in a state of consciousness where we do not enjoy the same things we did before, nor are we understood by some members of our family and friends. As time goes on, this breach may widen until some members of our family become totally separated from us, and most of our friends will have gone their way. When that time comes, we either have no friends or we have made new friends on the spiritual path. When we are trying to live out from spiritual consciousness, we no longer see eye to eye with those deeply engrossed in material consciousness. They cannot understand us, and we cannot understand them. For example, at the first sign of a sniffle, some member of our family may say, "Oh, have you taken an aspirin?" Immediately, our inner response would be, "Now, what power would that have?" We forget that perhaps only a few months ago such appearances would have been all-power and fear might have arisen. Now we think, "I know those things are effect. How can one effect touch another effect? I have access to the source." How ridiculous that must sound to those who still believe that God is all wrapped up in an aspirin tablet! In the same way, many of the things of this world that formerly troubled us, no longer bother us. Many of the things which we feared, we no longer fear. Many of the things which we enjoyed, we no longer enjoy. Discord, Not God-Created We came to a metaphysical teaching of one school or another with a specific problem, and we learned a very strange thing. We learned that we had to deny that we had it. In other words, here we were very sick and in pain, and we were told, "Oh, but you must deny that. You do not have it." It seemed ridiculous at first, but after a while we came to understand what our friends ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of Health Supply and Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS To know our true identity is to solve every problem of so-called human existence. Actually, we are not living a human existence. Our existence is spiritual and divine, but because we do not know our true identity, it has become filled with discord and inharmony. If I know that I am I, and that that I is infinite Being, there can never intrude a thought of lack, limitation, discord, inharmony, jealousy, malice, or lust. When I know that I am I, and that this I is the infinity, the allness of God's being made manifest, the Word made flesh, then only can I realize that I am Self-sustained and Self-maintained. Some day all of us will admit that I is Self-created: I, the very consciousness of my being, formed me before ever I was in the womb. I would not have been there at all if I, the divine consciousness of my being, had not been expressing Itself in just that way. I, the divine consciousness of my being, formed my body after its own image and likeness, as my vehicle of expression. I can no more be separated from my body than I can be separated from my life. My body is the form in which my life is appearing. My body is an expression of my identity. My parents did not create it. I created it. My consciousness created it and my consciousness is maintaining it now in its present form. If my consciousness were to change, my body would change. If my consciousness of supply were to change, my supply would change. Always, consciousness is forming its own body, its own image and likeness. My consciousness of home has made my home whatever it is. My consciousness of business, of a practice, of health, expresses as my home or business or practice, my health or my wealth. Those who understand this principle and who have seen some of the slums or ghettos of New York City will understand that only the state of consciousness of the people living in them created those ghettos. In the city of Chicago, where not too many years ago there were open plains, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 11, Awake Thou That Sleepest
- ... Just multiply the human relationship existing between almost any two persons, and then you will find of what the human world consists, and you will also know that there is no solution to these cleavages on the human plane because always one will be seeing what his rights are, and the other will be seeing his rights. One will be seeing his privileges, and the other will be seeing the other's duties, and so there is no coming together. The solution lies in spiritual means. As you begin to see that "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" is not a reality or an evil but an illusion, and that actually there stands the Christ, as you begin to understand the spiritual nature of individual being, you will begin to see a change in relationships, even if in the beginning it is only on the side of the one who has caught the first glimpse of spiritual light. Then you will find less antagonism, less greed, less anger, less fault-finding, and less of the negative qualities of humanhood. It would be an utter impossibility for one individual to live consistently in a consciousness of love and forgiveness and not have the other eventually respond in some measure-or be removed and leave room for someone else to come in, in harmony, in peace, with the new dimension, the Christ. When you see this universe from the standpoint of Christ as individual being, when you look through the appearance to the reality, letting every opinion, thought, and conviction stem from God, then the world will begin to come to you in this new dimension, perhaps not entirely because there still is plenty of hardened thought in the world, but that is not your concern. Your concern is that you begin, and since you and I are of the household of God, and we have caught a glimpse, at least, of true being, we are the ones who must do this in our own way. The truth is that we have no choice in the matter. We are the ones who must do it, and we are the ones who must continue to do it because of the measure of grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1, Awake Thou That Sleepest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 6, Building the Transcendental Consciousness
- Chapter Six Building the Transcendental Consciousness Illumination, the attainment of spiritual consciousness or that mind that was also in Christ Jesus, comes when there has been sufficient inner preparation. That preparation consists not only of regular meditation and of learning the letter of truth, but what is even more essential: the practice of it. The letter of truth itself does not do the work of producing harmony in our experience: it merely helps to bring about a change of consciousness. Living Out from the Principle of One Power Let me illustrate that. In our ordinary human state we are always fearing the power of evil in one way or another, fearing infection, contagion, age, lack, fearing tyrants, domination or those who dominate, or fearing the weather, storms, lightning, wild animals, beasts, and reptiles. In this divided state of consciousness where we have respect for the power of good and yet fear the power of evil, there is very little possibility of attaining illumination. But when we accept the spiritual principle that there is but one real Power and therefore we need not fear any negative or evil powers, we begin an actual practice of that way of living and whenever we are confronted with an erroneous appearance we consciously remember: There is but one power. I need not fear what man can do to me; I need not fear what mortal conditions can do to me; I need not fear what germs or animals can do to me; I need not fear what bullets or bombs can do to me because all power is spiritual power. There is but one power. We abide in that word of truth and let it abide in us, and gradually we begin to lose our fear of external forces and powers and come to a state of consciousness where even though we see or hear about them yet we know no fear of them. In the degree that we do not react to anything with fear or concern, we have attained some measure of illumination. That illumination is in proportion to our lack of fear of anything external. Since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1955, The Comforter
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Comforter "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" (I Cor. 3:16.) THE time is approaching when the world will be so filled with the conscious realization of the Presence of God that all evil or error will be dispelled by the very presence of man. The great secret of life is this: God is incarnated in man. God is manifest as man. God is in the midst of you-". . . the place where thou standest is holy ground." There is just as much of God in you, right where you are, as there would be if the heavens could open and God Itself come into you. If this were not true Jesus could not have healed, neither could the disciples nor the apostles, nor the metaphysical and spiritual practitioners of this day. You are divine, because the Spirit of God is manifest as your very being. God has embodied Itself as your Soul, Mind and Spirit. God, in Its essence, is invisible, God, in Its expression, is visible as you and as me. In the days of old the Hebrews thought the Messiah was a man, but the One whom they thought was the Messiah said, "Before Abraham was, I am." Messiah is the Spirit of God in man, and the Hebrews who prophesied the coming of the Messiah were absolutely correct, except that they put it in time and space. The Messiah does not come in time and space: It comes in consciousness. The Christ, or Messiah, is born when you recognize the Presence of the Spirit of God in you. Never is this external: always it is within you, but the effect is external. Love goes before you and is felt by all whom you touch. "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you . . . I will send him unto you." The Comforter is your divine state of consciousness; that area of your consciousness which is the Christ, the Spirit of Truth the Savior, the Messiah. All of this is within you, and the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sm_ May 1955, The Comforter.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 2, The One Great Demonstration
- ~ 2 ~ THE ONE GREAT DEMONSTRATION Learning the importance of meditation is one of the first requisites in the development of spiritual awareness. Regardless of our intellectual capabilities or the amount of reading or listening we may do, our spiritual capacity expands only in proportion to our ability to meditate. This spiritual awareness is developed in silence, not in thinking, in listening, or in reading. More of it can be developed in one minute of silence than in twenty-four hours of reading. For this reason, reading and studying are but tools which we use to enable us to reach that inner silence known as meditation. As we meditate and open this inner Soul or spiritual faculty, we shall not only understand things that we knew about and never before understood, but things that we may never even have heard of before. In the stillness and quiet of the silence, we are able to receive what cannot be heard through the ears. The more often we meditate-not the length of time in any one period, but the number of times in each twenty-four hours, even if each time be only one minute, or two or three-the more rapidly will our spiritual awareness be developed, and spiritual harmony brought into our experience. When our eyes are closed and we are in the darkness within, we find the entire kingdom of God there, ready to pour itself into our mind, our body, our home, our business, and even into our purse. With eyes closed, our attitude is one of receptivity as though we were inviting God to speak to us, or as though we were inviting the spirit to flow forth through us. Our part is to remember that the fullness of God is within us, and as we are still, the spirit makes itself manifest in our experience. Infinity Is the Measure of Our Being The first and greatest principle of The Infinite Way, the principle upon which its entire activity has been founded, is that God constitutes individual being, your being and mine. God is the mind of me, the life, the Soul, the spirit, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The One Great Demonstration.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 128K
Find Similar Documents