The Heart of Mysticism: May 1959, God-Realization Dissolves Material Sense
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY God-Realization Dissolves Material Sense THE human world is stumbling from one form of error into another, seldom if ever able to extricate itself from the web of its own weaving, but always rushing onward toward destruction. Those of spiritual enlightenment, however, who understand the nature of error will no longer battle or struggle against it; they will no longer try to find a cause for it; and, what is more important, they will no longer attempt to find a cure for it, because they will perceive that it is but the material and mental concept of the universe that is destroying man. It is not a material universe-there isn't one: It is the material concept and material sense of the universe that man entertains which is his destruction. Material sense always operates through the word "I." It never appears in any form other than "I": "I need this"; "I require that"; "I have this"; or, "I do not have that"; "I long for this"; or, "I miss that"-always the word "I" appears negatively to hold us in its grasp. Or it may appear positively and say, "Oh, yes, I am healthy," or, "I am wealthy," and then sooner or later we find that we are not that at all. In other words, the personal sense of "I," claiming either to be something, have something, or do something, or the personal sense of "I," claiming that it cannot do something or does not have something-this personal sense of "I" constitutes material sense. The personal sense of "I" is always under the necessity of acquiring, achieving, or attaining. Once this is perceived, it quickly appears that this personal sense is not a part of God's universe, never was, and never can be. We begin to understand that there is a spiritual Presence and a spiritual Power, and, in that perception, the personal sense of "I" is lost, and spiritual harmony begins to appear. To all appearances, we remain the same as we have always been, except often with improved health of body or improved condition of purse. Outwardly, we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on Dissolves Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 146K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 17, The Ever Present Christ
- ~ 17 ~ THE EVER PRESENT CHRIST There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and It does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you: you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...17, The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 2, Building The New Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ BUILDING THE NEW CONSCIOUSNESS Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate* The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding The New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 9, The Revelation of Spiritual Identity
- 9) The Revelation of Spiritual Identity The only reason the subject of spiritual healing is emphasized in our work is that the practice of this kind of healing deepens and enriches consciousness, and through this practice, the everyday problems of life touch us in a decidedly minor degree. But healing work is not the end or the object of our being on the spiritual path. Rather is it incidental to the major goal of attaining God-realization. Anyone who has had any experience in metaphysics must have observed that the life ambition of far too many students is to become either healthy or prosperous, but, at some time or other, these students must learn that lack is not as great a problem as it has been painted, nor is illness. In fact, both disease and lack may serve as incentives to drive us out of the physical and mental limitations with which we have bound ourselves. These limitations are brought about not because the mind and the body are evil or sick, but only because both mind and body have been conditioned by the belief in two powers. A mistake often made by students in their practice of spiritual healing, and one which has been pointed out in previous chapters, is to treat effects-headaches, storms, cancers, polio-denying them or in some way trying to handle them. Never make that mistake. Never under any circumstance treat heart disease, tuberculosis, or any disease of which you have ever heard, or any accident. These are only effects. If you could remove every one of them, the cause would still be there, and the cause is a belief in two powers, a belief in the carnal mind. If, at this moment, you could be made whole, nothing would stop you from becoming sick or poor again tomorrow, unless you, yourself, had come to the realization that the healing that had taken place was not one of lack or limitation, of fear, of sin or false appetites, of polio, cancer, blindness, or deafness: the healing was in being freed from the belief in two powers-good and evil. Once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Spiritual Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1955, Suggestions for Healing Work
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Suggestions for Healing Work DURING a trip around the world in 1954, I met with many men who are willing to agree that people with all types and forms of religious backgrounds and teachings, and every method of approach, can unite in the realization of two things: first, the realization of God as individual being; therefore, our conscious union with God, our oneness with the Source of all Good. Second: the prayers of the Church cannot heal. One such man is Brother Mandus, who, after a spiritual experience, found that he was a healer, and who heads the World Healing Crusade which operates in Protestant Churches of all denominations throughout England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Holland. Brother Mandus is convinced that once people know that there is a healing power in spiritual Truth they will no longer be satisfied merely listening to sermons, and that eventually it will become necessary for the ministers of the Churches to attain the healing consciousness which will enable them to "go, and do thou likewise." Fruitage of that already is seen in that many ministers are studying to attain this healing consciousness, and just recently the Church of England held a conference to which all the well-known healers were invited to participate in order that the Church might learn how healing is accomplished. Before our meeting last year, Brother Mandus had read the Infinite Way Writings and wrote me stating how thoroughly in accord he was with that teaching, and how closely it paralleled his own unfoldment. I answered his letter and a correspondence and friendship developed between us. After meeting him I came away with the feeling that Brother Mandus is a. state of realized consciousness-God-consciousness, Christ-consciousness; and that whatever healing he does is not through what he says or how he says it, but through the state of consciousness that he is. Although his Writings would seem strange to us, yet in between and behind it all you can see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...uggestions for Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Building the New Consciousness
- Building the New Consciousness Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the Presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate 1 The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding the New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 10, Surrendering the Human Sense of Health Supply and Peace
- A Chapter Ten Surrendering the Human Sense of Health, Supply, and Peace lthough those of us on the spiritual path are to some extent the same persons we were when we first came to the study of spiritual wisdom, in some ways we have changed. We are now in a state of consciousness where we do not enjoy the same things we did before, nor are we understood by some members of our family and friends. As time goes on, this breach may widen until some members of our family become totally separated from us, and most of our friends will have gone their way. When that time comes, we either have no friends or we have made new friends on the spiritual path. When we are trying to live out from spiritual consciousness, we no longer see eye to eye with those deeply engrossed in material consciousness. They cannot understand us, and we cannot understand them. For example, at the first sign of a sniffle, some member of our family may say, "Oh, have you taken an aspirin?" Immediately, our inner response would be, "Now, what power would that have?" We forget that perhaps only a few months ago such appearances would have been all-power and fear might have arisen. Now we think, "I know those things are effect. How can one effect touch another effect? I have access to the source." How ridiculous that must sound to those who still believe that God is all wrapped up in an aspirin tablet! In the same way, many of the things of this world that formerly troubled us, no longer bother us. Many of the things which we feared, we no longer fear. Many of the things which we enjoyed, we no longer enjoy. Discord, Not God-Created We came to a metaphysical teaching of one school or another with a specific problem, and we learned a very strange thing. We learned that we had to deny that we had it. In other words, here we were very sick and in pain, and we were told, "Oh, but you must deny that. You do not have it." It seemed ridiculous at first, but after a while we came to understand what our friends ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of Health Supply and Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents