Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 7, Freedom Through Grace
- ... It is through prayer that we must make our contact with God, and it is through the right understanding of prayer that the activity, the grace, the love, and the life of God are made manifest in our experience. This brings us to that particular phase or understanding of prayer which is called grace. We ourselves cannot bring forth the activity of grace, since grace is the gift and the activity of God. Self-Effacement Grace is something that expresses in us or through us. Grace is something that comes to us without our deserving It, without our being worthy of It. Grace is what happened to the thief on the cross, who certainly from no human standpoint was deserving of being taken into heaven that day. Yet the Master promised to do just that, showing that divine grace had not only wiped out the sins of the thief, but also all the punishment due for these sins. What was it that enabled that thief in just a short while to prepare himself for the experience of heaven, for the action of grace and forgiveness in his life? Humility. In his final moment of distress, he must have realized, "Why, I am nothing. I should have let this divine power flow through me, and none of the evil deeds would have been necessary." The thief on the cross must have recognized what a failure he had been. There is nothing more productive of progress in the spiritual universe than to acknowledge Jesus' statement, "I can of mine own self do nothing." 2 "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true." 3 Such an admission of his own inability to do might seem like failure, but he recognized there was that within him that could do all things: "The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 4 We make way for that divine power to come forth in proportion to our acknowledgment that we can do nothing, know nothing, heal nothing, supply nothing, be nothing, even be failures, but that we live, not of ourselves but the Christ lives our life. "I and my Father are one," 5 but the Father is greater ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Freedom Through Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 2, A Spiritual Way of Living
- ~ 2 ~ A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIVING Good Evening. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." The major secret of spiritual living is contained in this and many other passages. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee . . . Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace . . . Acknowledge him in all thy ways and lean not unto thine own understanding . . . If you abide in the word and let the word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. If you do not abide in the word and the word does not abide in you, you will be as a branch of the tree that is cut off and withereth." Such passages as these are to be found in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, as well as in every one of the Eastern scriptures. And the meaning is clear, since even the great Master could say, "I of my own self can do nothing; the Father within me, he doeth the works." How much more true must that be of us, that we can do nothing except God do it through us or in us or as us. "He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world . . . He performeth that which is given me to do." These are confirmations of the great revelation of all time that we are as nothing except in so far as we are led by the spirit of God, guided by the mind, the intelligence of God, empowered by the love of God, and have God's grace on every step of our journey. "I go to prepare a place for you." That presence goes before us to make the crooked places straight, that presence walks beside us, it comes behind as a rear guard. These bring to light the secret of spiritual living, without which we cannot prosper spiritually. Now, by human might and human will it is possible, if one is strong enough, to go out and battle the world to become a great success, without any assurance of course, that it will last forever and that one may not be pulled down in the end. But for one to go through life joyously, fearlessly, successfully, and harmoniously, it is absolutely necessary to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., A Spiritual Way of Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1959, Individual Responsibility
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Individual Responsibility WHEN children are no longer children, the responsibilities of adulthood fall upon their shoulders, and sometimes they come upon sad days because, even though they have reached the number of years which should be the measure of maturity, they are not always prepared for that responsibility. This is doubly true of truth- students. Very few of them are ready for the responsibilities of adulthood in truth, despite the fact that they may have been studying truth for ten, twenty, thirty, or forty years, because the number of years of study is no barometer of the spiritual maturity of a student. You face a great responsibility when you come to a place in consciousness where your every word becomes a law unto yourself. No longer can you consider yourself a truth-student and at the same time violate truth in your thinking or in your living. Such failure to live truth may not carry with it too severe a penalty as long as this truth is merely a mental process or as long as it is something you think and then mouth as meaningless platitudes. From the minute, however, that you grow up in truth and realize, "This is really true. I am the child of God; I am the offspring of God; God does constitute my being, and there is a Presence that goes before me to make the crooked places straight. I know now from watching my own life that there is an Influence in my life overshadowing me, that there is a Power over, above, and beyond anything human, physical, or mental"; from that moment you are really an adult in truth, and from then on you are obligated to live the words that you utter, or you will find truth to be a double-edged sword. Just as human freedom and individual liberty entail serious responsibilities, so does spiritual freedom. Far too many people still think of freedom or liberty as license, the freedom to do anything they want to do, not realizing that freedom really means the freedom to live so that all may enjoy liberty-the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Individual Responsibility.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 141K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1955, Higher Views of God Prayer and The Self
- ... In the beautiful words of the Psalmist, we read: "Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness." And so we come to another principle: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." It makes no difference if your neighbor is black, white or yellow, Hebrew, Christian or pagan-your neighbor is the self-same being: God expressed, God manifest in flesh. This is the beauty of holiness. This is knowing the truth about your neighbor; this is praying for your neighbor; this is forgiving your neighbor, even as you would have your neighbor forgive you. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Our Message is one of Love, and we are fulfilling the law of Love in our acknowledgment of the infinite nature of God, and the eternal nature of the Son of God. In our acknowledgment of Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Omniscience, we have acknowledged Divine Grace. We have acknowledged that the Grace of God is for us, for our neighbor, and for our enemy. In this acknowledgment we seek forgiveness of our errors of ignorance, and just as freely we forgive all others in this realization that this truth is the truth about everyone in heaven, on earth, or in hell. "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself . . . forgive and ye shall be forgiven . . .", and in this instant of realization we release all those who are holding themselves in bondage to false concepts of God, Law, Love and Life. We loose them and let them go, in the realization that all that is of God is Good-and what is there that is not of God? Oh! What a wonderful thing it is to know that there is nothing to go to God for! Conscious Union with God In order to enter into the mystical life one must master the ability to remain in the silence without thought, and this is the most difficult part of all spiritual living. In no way is this a cessation or repression of thought, nor an effort toward such: instead, it is attaining such deep ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of God Prayer and The Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:03- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1957, Bear Witness
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Bear Witness For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. Acts 22:15 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. John 1:6-8 We speak what we do know, and testify that we have seen. John 3:11 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31 And we are his witnesses of these things. Acts 5:32 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that we may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 IN a courtroom, a witness mounts the witness stand, not to interpret his observations, but simply to tell what he has seen. A witness bears witness to that which he has seen take place. At no point should a witness say, "I brought this about; I did this; or I helped this"; but rather, "This is what I saw, and I am repeating it as I saw it." That is what the Master meant by bearing witness to God. The Master bore witness to God's power. He claimed no power for himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . 1 the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works," 2 that is, "I bear witness to that which I see the Father do." In The Infinite Way, we do not use God. Instead we sit in quietness and stillness, watching God do the work. Then we can say, "I witnessed a healing; I witnessed the activity of God in human affairs; I did not do it; I had no part in it, but I bore witness to God performing His work." Let us suppose that a call for help comes to us. Can I give the help or can you give it? Those of us who have been the instruments for healing know the answer to that question: No human being can give that help. If God does not answer the call, it will not be answered. But you say, "God is not answering all the calls that go out to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... October 1957, Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 153K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 6, Not Appearances But Is
- Chapter Six Not Appearances But Is The Infinite Way1 clearly states that a problem cannot be met on the level of the problem. Ninety percent of the failures in healing arise from ignorance of the meaning of that statement. When, from every human standpoint, a person appears to be dying, the immediate thought would probably be, "What are we going to do to save his life?" When a person talks of unhappiness in his marriage, our first thought runs to "What can be done to make the marriage a happy one?" When a person is unemployed, immediately there comes to mind, "What can we think or know to bring employment to him?" All this is a barrier to success in healing because no Infinite Way student is a healer of disease or of sin, nor is he an employment agency or a marriage counselor. He does not meet a problem on the level of the problem, so no matter what the person says about his problem, the Infinite Way student is not hearing it, and certainly he is not answering it because that would put him in the realm of a counselor or doctor. No problem can ever be met on the level of the problem. The Fluctuating Nature of Humanhood The picture that confronts us is that there is sick humanhood and well humanhood, sinful humanhood and pure humanhood, living humanhood and dead humanhood, and the purpose of the medical and ministerial world is to take that bad or erroneous humanhood and put it over onto the good side. But that does not in any way enter into our ministry. The function of our ministry is to ignore everything that is being told us about sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, and politics, and to go down through the center, through what we call the middle path. We do not think in terms of what a wonderful society it would be if only all politicians were honest, if everybody were humanly well, or if everybody had a sufficient income. We have had periods in American history where, on the whole, conditions were very good. The country made tremendous progress; the standard ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 6, Not Appearances But Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 3, Spiritual Power Unveiled
- ... The protection that is necessary is not more or better bombs. I am not a pacifist and am not trying to stop anyone from manufacturing bombs. But the world will be saved by spiritual power alone, and spiritual power comes only through the consciousness of individuals. There has always been spiritual power; but until it comes through a Moses, an Elijah, a Jesus, a Paul, or anyone else who attains this understanding, it is not in evidence. Spiritual power will govern this earth through our individual consciousness in proportion to our not fearing the error and not using spiritual power against the error, just declaring within ourselves "Spiritual power." Someday we will have a body of people in this world touched by the Spirit; they will meet; and peace will be. Peace will come through the activity of the Spirit that is now abroad in the world, touching people of all lands. Those who have been touched by the Spirit are helping and can further help to awaken humanity to this touch of the Spirit by their prayers, by fulfilling acts of Grace- forgiveness, praying for the enemy-but above all, by an understanding of the nature of the Messiah. The Messiah taught, "My kingdom is not of this world." 17 "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." 18 Most people think of God as an almighty King; they even sing hymns to the almighty King, the King that goes out before them to slay their enemies, the King that conquers lands for them. The result has been that when conquerors have gone out with armies, there has always been a minister or priest to bless them, as if God sanctioned or could bless the conquering of other peoples. Armies and navies go out to slay, and somebody can always be found to say a prayer for them. All this is based on the erroneous ancient Hebrew teaching that God is an almighty King and that His function is to see that our enemies are slain and that we are victorious. We must always be victorious, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Spiritual Power Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents