The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1957, Your Names are Written in Heaven
- ... Now I can say to you that the prophecy, if such it was, has come true: This is the year of fulfilment for the message of The Infinite Way. Jesus gave the world this Messianic message: There is a transcendental Presence and Power within the consciousness of every individual on earth, and this spiritual Presence and Power he called "the Father within"-your Father and my Father. He taught and proved that this spiritual Presence and Power heals the sick, unstops the ears of the deaf, opens the eyes of the blind, feeds the hungry, raises the dead, and gives spiritual illumination, so that the enlightened live not only by bread, but by an inner meat, an inner wine, an inner water, an inner bread of life which Jesus revealed as the grace of God. In other words, the grace of God, the activity of God's presence and power in us, is our daily bread, our supply, our activity, our wisdom, and our immortality. Throughout his three-year ministry, he proved every single point of this teaching by healing the sick, bringing forgiveness to the sinner, demonstrating supply, and revealing immortality. The disciples and apostles, and later their students, were able to prove the omnipresence of the Spirit of God in man and Its redemptive power; they broke the mesmeric Adam-dream and revealed that "henceforth know we no man after the flesh." In other words, no longer shall we believe in a good human being or a bad human being, but in the understanding of this spiritual Presence, we shall know all men as the Sons of God or offspring of God, the spiritual heirs of God- the Christ. This teaching was lost when men began to observe ceremonies and rites, arguing and disagreeing about the form of worship and eventually dividing into numerous sects, each with its own form of worship, ceremony, and creed. Attention was focused on the form rather than on the Spirit, and the essence was lost. In this past century, it was again revealed to the world that there is a Power always present and available ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Names are Written in Heaven.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Meditation
- MEDITATION TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue, meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems, but rather the contemplation of God and God-activities, the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God has created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period, he should turn his thought to God, consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and Its formations. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to receive spiritual understanding, we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living. There is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and the earning of a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on the greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, which is the temple of God, and there dwell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 70K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Wisdoms of the Infinite Way
- WISDOMS OF THE INFINITE WAY BEGIN YOUR spiritual life with the understanding that all conflicts must be settled within your consciousness. There is never a conflict with person or condition, but rather a false concept mentally entertained about person, thing, circumstance, or condition. Therefore, make the correction within yourself, rather than attempting to change anyone or anything in the without. Acknowledge God as the substance, law, cause, and activity of all that is, and immediately refrain from meddling physically or mentally in the without. Get back inside yourself, and there resolve all appearances. When living out from the center of Being, you are untouched by the thoughts, opinions, laws, and theories of the world. Nothing acts upon you because you do not react to the world of appearances. In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know IS, and let that which truly IS. define Itself. To live spiritually is to know that all is; then do not name, label, define, or judge what is. Be content to know IS, and let what IS. reveal Its being, nature, and character to you. Prayer is the inner vision of harmony. This vision is attained by giving up the desire to change or improve anyone or anything. Never seek anything or any condition in prayer. Let harmony define and reveal itself. Let your prayer be letting the IS. appear. Prayer is an awareness of that which IS. by "seeing" it - not making it so. To pray is to become aware of the harmony without a mental effort on your part. Prayer is the absence of desire in the recognition of IS. Spiritual wisdom reveals the deep, clear, cool well of contentment within you through your recognition of IS. Be sure that your prayer is not an attempt to influence God. Be sure that your prayer is not a desire to improve God's universe. Be at peace: God IS. Rest in the deep, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Wisdoms of the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:16- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Contemplative Meditation
- Contemplative Meditation The entire harmony of your life and the success of the activities of your life depend upon your remembrance and practice of meditation. A meditation should be directed toward the realization of oneness with God. You should not be thinking of any desired demonstration or of any desired good in your life, of any particular person, circumstance, or condition. Your entire attention should be given to the realization of God, always bearing in mind that the kingdom of God is within you, neither lo here nor lo there, but within you. You will never find it by looking for it in any place other than within your own being. Once you realize that what you are seeking is within, you will give your entire attention, thought, and activity to that point within you: not within your body, but within your consciousness. Do not think of any part of your body, of any organ or function of the body: think only of some point within your consciousness and remember that somewhere within you there is a point of contact, a point wherein you and your Father become consciously one. You and your Father are already one, but that relationship of oneness is of no benefit to you until there is a conscious realization of it. There are far too many students who, because they have been taught that "I and my Father are one" 1 and that they are children of God, believe that this is all that is necessary to bring harmony into their experience. This is not true. There must be an actual contact; there must be an actual experience of oneness. Something must take place within them that brings the assurance that they have realized the Presence. Let Each Meditation Be an Individual Experience This awareness of having made a contact may take any number of forms. At times when this contact is made, it is followed by a deep breath, or there may be an awareness of receiving an impression as if some message were being given to you, or there may even be the still small voice that sometimes is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r_ Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:17- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter II, Release God
- CHAPTER II RELEASE GOD Only the very courageous can embark on the spiritual journey, and only those of great strength and vision can hope to continue on this Path. Nearly twenty centuries ago, the Master made it clear that the way is straight and narrow and few there be that enter. That this is true is borne out by the fact that up to the present time very few have been able to remain on the spiritual path and continue to go forward. It is not easy to surmount superstition, ignorance, and fear, and, despite prejudice and previous failures, to set forth in search of new horizons. We cannot adopt new ideas while still clinging to the outworn beliefs of the past: we must be willing to relinquish our old concepts. That is where the courage comes in, and the daring. It takes courage to leave behind that which has proved to be unsatisfactory in our experience. It takes courage to look at ourselves objectively and ask: Have I sincerely worshiped God? Have I in some measure lived up to my convictions about God? When we turn to the search for God, we should be bold enough to ask ourselves: Am I satisfied with such answers to prayers as have been given to the world? Do I believe that such truth as has been revealed is all the truth there is, or am I seeking for something yet unknown except to those few mystics who have experienced the truth, tried to impart their knowledge, failed, and gone on their way? Man's heritage is spiritual freedom, and if the revelation of Jesus Christ has taught us nothing else, it is that we are entitled to live in the full freedom of the Spirit as children of God, not as prisoners of the mind and body. Freedom is not a condition of mind or of body: freedom is a condition of the Soul. If we do not find our freedom in Soul, we will find only limitation and bondage in our experience. Freedom cannot be given to a nation or to a race of people: freedom must first be realized in individual being, and then some measure of that freedom can be shared with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ty_ Chapter II, Release God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 135K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Contemplative Meditation with Scripture
- Contemplative Meditation with Scripture CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION is the preparatory step before pure meditation without words or thoughts, and its main purpose is to keep the mind stayed on God-to acknowledge Him in all our ways-so that in quietness and in confidence we may "be still, and know that I am God." 1 We know that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 Therefore, only in contemplative meditation, conscious of scriptural truth, can we prepare ourselves to attain our divine sonship or the Buddha mind. It is promised: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." 3 In other words, if we abide in the Word and if we let the Word abide in us, we will bear fruit richly. Thus contemplating truth, we attain the gift of discernment through which we attain that truth which the "natural man" cannot know. This is affirmed in the Bhagavad-Gita. "See Me! Thou canst not! nor, with human eyes, Arjuna! Therefore I give thee sense divine. Have other eyes, new light! And look! This is My glory unveiled to mortal sight!" 4 To meditate properly-to develop the ability to practice meditation-it is necessary to understand certain spiritual principles of life. Unless a meditation has in it a conscious awareness of a spiritual principle, it will not be beneficial. It can in fact lead to just a mental stillness in which there is no spiritual fruitage or "signs following." Therefore, you must not only know why you are meditating, but you must know specific principles to take into your meditation. Let us take the major principle of life upon which a harmonious existence can be experienced: I am I. Declare this to yourself, because it is indisputable. You are not someone else: you are yourself! "I am I." In the great lesson on supply taught in Chapter 17 of 1 Kings, when Elijah asked the poor widow to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meditation with Scripture.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Meditation
- Meditation TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems but rather the contemplation of God and God activities, and the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period he should turn his thought to God, and consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and its formations, and of Mind and its infinite manifestation. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the Mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to the reception of spiritual understanding we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living, and there is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and earning a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Joel Goldsmith_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 71K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 10, The Invisible Meat Unknown to the World
- ... Sharing the Infinity Within Many people fail to be helped through spiritual means because while looking to the Spirit they are at the same time a house divided against themselves, seeking their good in material ways and thinking that God is just going to help along a little bit. It is not much different from the orthodox believers who pray to God for their health and then hire half a dozen doctors to help God along. As fast as possible, we must give up resorting to material means, whether it is borrowing money, begging for it, or just expecting that because someone close to us has it that he owes it to us or should give or share it with us. We must die to our materialistic sense as rapidly as possible and lean more and more heavily on the truth that we are joint-heirs with God. Since each one of us has the same inheritance, each of us can look to his source, but this can be only if we have brought God down from heaven and placed Him in the midst of us, realizing that we can open out a way to release the infinity within by beginning to share: share our prayers, share our forgiveness, share our love, share our possessions, share anything; draw out from within; and the greater the lack seems to be, pour out that much more. Suggestion Fails Because an Immunity Is Built Up In metaphysics where mental treatments are used, there is another reason for delayed healings and sometimes failure to heal. In the beginning, metaphysical work was on a mental plane; none of it was spiritual. It is sad to think that in the early days words like "God" and "Christ" were used in their literature, when what those metaphysicians were talking about was their own mind and thoughts. They honestly believed that their mind was God and that thought was power. That error of floundering around, believing that the mind was God and that thought is power cost the world seventy-five years of spiritual unfoldment. In those days, even though the words "God," "Christ," "Spirit," and "prayer," were used, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meat Unknown to the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents