Practicing the Presence: Chapter VIII, The Rhythm of God
- ... Sometimes, when we are faced with frustrating or disturbing circumstances, we may wonder how we can praise God, but if we are awake in spiritual sonship, we can always find ways to acknowledge God. This continuous practice of the Presence, acknowledging God in all our ways, providing ample periods for sitting in the silence, and waiting for an inner feeling that the Spirit of God is moving, makes God the governing, maintaining, and sustaining principle of our entire experience. The real prayer of spiritual understanding is a prayer that God's gift of Himself may be given to us. Infinity is within us at this and at every moment: all spiritual wisdom, all divine grace, eternality, and immortality-all of these are embodied within us at this and at every single moment. Let us begin to show forth this infinity. How? Begin to pour. Search around in your spiritual house, your consciousness, and see if you cannot find some biblical passage, some mite of love to express to someone, or a few drops of forgiveness. Find something in your house. Begin to let the few drops of oil you find there flow silently, secretly, and sacredly. Keep them flowing, and as you do, be receptive to what is unfolded from within. Do not attempt to make up statements or thoughts. Wait patiently in a relaxed state of receptivity for them to come to you. Soon a second idea will be added to the original thought. Contemplate both of them. Dwell upon their meaning; dwell upon their possible effect in your life or in the life of another. As you ponder these two ideas, sometimes gently, sometimes explosively, a third thought comes, something which you had not thought about before. And where are these ideas coming from? From within you. Remember they have always been there, but now you are letting them out. Within that Withinness is the storehouse that is your individual storehouse, yet it is infinite because it is God. The kingdom of God is within you, and in meditation you are drawing on it. If there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter VIII, The Rhythm of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:03- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 3, Neither Good nor Evil
- CHAPTER 3 Neither Good nor Evil EDEN REPRESENTS our spiritual domain. Now what threw us out of that? What threw us out into what the Master called this world? It is just as plain as anyone can read. The knowledge of good and evil: that's what did it. Now as we approach our healing work, we have no knowledge of good and evil. We have no knowledge of evil to be removed or risen above. Because so much of humanhood remains in us, we still recognize that we have before us the appearance of good and evil-the appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, and limitation. As long as we are faced with that, we can't be absolute and just say, "Oh, God is All; there is no error." You can't do that. You have to sit down and let God say it to you. He uttereth His Voice and the earth melteth. When you hear the still, small V oice, or when you feel that Stirring within you, that divine Presence within you, you may be assured of this: whatever appearance of sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation is before you will melt away. Don't think for a minute that you can ever be so smart as to bring it about. Never believe that because you could go out of here and say, "Oh, there is neither good nor evil," it would work miracles in your life. You must begin; and remember how Jesus said to pray: sacredly and silently. And I hope you are not going to be enough of a show-off to go out and tell this to anybody. If you do, you are only doing it to show off; you have no good motive. The only pure motive is to live spiritually and be a blessing to your fellow man, and you'll never do that by going out and telling this to anyone. You have got to live with this for a year until you demonstrate it. You've got to live with this and prove it within yourself, until it becomes so self-evident that the world sees it in you. Now remember, if you are ever tempted to tell this to anyone, you are just trying to be a show-off, and you're going to lose what you got. You're going to lose the possibility of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 3, Neither Good nor Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 3, The Real Self
- ~ 3 ~ THE REAL SELF Whatever of truth we have is mind expressing itself, and mind always places itself where it can best serve mankind. "Christ, or the spiritual idea, appeared to human consciousness as the man Jesus." 1 This Christ is the healer. It appears to human consciousness as man or woman, but it is, nevertheless, the Christ, or spiritual idea, regardless of appearances. "Judge not according to the appearance." 2 Do you see? All that I have or am is mind appearing to human consciousness as a person. This is true of all, and the recognition of this truth is your Christ and my Christ. Error claims to appear as a sick, poor, dying, sinning, ungrateful person, but it is neither person, place, nor thing; it is illusion, claim, or belief, regardless of whatever form it may seem to assume. Man is never the belief or the claimant. Therefore, man has never had a belief. That which appears as man is Christ, and is joyous, successful, harmonious, incorporeal, eternal, immortal, universal. It is not so much the thoughts you think that will have healing power, but what ideas of mind you can become receptive to. This is the Word of God, and it will do all that you expect of it. In other words, sit quietly and listen to the "still, small voice," knowing that mind will reveal a truth which will cause even the dead to rise. The necessary truth to bring this about is within your consciousness. It is the "Father within"; in fact, this truth is your consciousness-the consciousness that "constructs a better body" as you trust it. In Jesus' parable of the servants and the talents given them by their master, he says, "For unto every one that hath shall be given and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath." 3 And so it is with us, until we utilize every bit of truth we possess, we will lose even that which we believe we have. Also, from him that hath much is expected. You have learned much of truth, and if you lay it aside it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 3, The Real Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1958, Break The Fetters That Bind You
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Break the Fetters that Bind You MANY of the difficulties and struggles in our experience come because we are living on different planes of consciousness, sometimes on one and sometimes on another, and often these planes are in conflict one with another. On one plane we are physical beings with minds, the body being the dominant factor; on another plane we are mental beings with bodies, that is, we are a mind and a body, and the body is governed by the mind. It may be governed by a conscious activity of mind or it may be by an involuntary activity of mind. In recent months, there have been many accounts in magazines and newspapers of the experiments which have been conducted in the area of subliminal perception through the medium of television and the motion picture. In the first experiments, which were held inside a moving picture theatre, the audience was instructed to go into the lobby during the intermission to buy popcorn and coca cola. Even though they did not know such a suggestion had been given to them, because the slide had been flashed across the screen so rapidly that it was invisible to the eyes and, therefore, did not register consciously in the mind, the majority of those in the theatre were impelled to obey this suggestion. Whether or not they wanted the popcorn or coca cola made no difference. The impulsion was so strong that they felt compelled to go out and buy it, giving their good money for something they may not have wanted and otherwise would not have bought. It was not necessary for them to be aware of the suggestion, to see or to hear it, and there was no knowledge that it was even being made. If a person is not alert, he will obey such subtly given instructions because this technique is not aimed at the conscious mind; it is aimed at the subconscious. These experiments show the extent to which the body obeys the dictates of the mind. On the human level of consciousness, that is exactly what happens. The body is subject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...k The Fetters That Bind You.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 136K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XI, The Nature of Spiritual Power
- CHAPTER XI THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL POWER The development of spiritual consciousness is possible when we learn that there is only one power. If we can rise in spiritual vision to the apprehension of the one truth that God is, that God is infinite and omnipotent, and therefore nothing else or nobody else is power, that is enough. This is spiritual discernment. To the world, there are great powers and little powers, but he who is anchored in spiritual consciousness knows that no weapon that is formed against him shall prosper. If we accepted that literally, we would believe that there is a deadly weapon that could prosper except that God in some way is going to save us from it. To the uninitiated, that passage would indicate, "I have an enemy who has a deadly atomic bomb, and I know what it can do to me, but fortunately God says that no weapon that is formed against me shall prosper, and therefore I am now immune, and this deadly weapon can no longer harm me." But the weapon does do harm when it is let loose in the world. And this is because people do not understand the real meaning of no weapon having power over them. The truth is that no deadly weapon has power because Life is God; and God has never made anything to destroy His own immortality and eternality. God is our life: we are eternal and immortal. If we look out at this life through our mind, we are subject to every manner of deadly weapon: germs, bullets, bombs, and so many other things we need not rehearse them. Even an automobile on the road can be a very deadly weapon, and, above all, the calendar is so deadly that all we have to do is to keep looking at it for threescore years and ten, and then any day we are due for extinction. But the deadliest weapon of all is the mind of man that believes in two powers, and therefore accepts a mind of its own in which evil is a power. Neither bullet-proof vests nor bomb-proof shelters can save us from that weapon. Only in the understanding that we are life eternal, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Nature of Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:00- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 3, The Truth That Makes Free
- ~ 3 ~ THE TRUTH THAT MAKES FREE During the days of the early Hebrews, the high priests and rabbis were never permitted to divulge truth to the people, so there was a long period when no one had access to truth except the few who had attained a sufficient degree of spiritualized consciousness to be able to grasp it. Moses knew the truth, but because he believed that only those who had reached a high state of consciousness were prepared to understand and demonstrate it, he permitted it to be known only by those who had attained the rank of high priest. It was Jesus' conviction, however, that truth should be given to mankind; it should be revealed so that everyone would be free, because to know the truth does set one completely free of physical, mental, moral, and financial limitations. He, therefore, went out into Judea and taught in the synagogues, by the wayside, by the seaside, in the mountains, and in the plains-wherever two or more would gather together to hear him and he revealed the truth to them. Jesus was crucified for telling that truth, just as throughout all generations those who have dared to tell the truth have suffered crucifixion, if not always an outward crucifixion, at least a figurative one. Men of power are afraid to let the masses know about the truth. The authorities, whether ecclesiastical or political, cannot afford to permit the world to become enlightened because when men know the truth it makes them free and they can no longer be controlled. In order, therefore, to be sure that control is maintained over the people, it is necessary to keep them in ignorance of truth. When Christ Jesus revealed truth to his followers, evidently the truth registered with a few-only a very few, but nevertheless a few-and healing work was carried on for the next three centuries. But the principle of truth was again lost. There was dissension within the Christian movement: there was one faction headed by Paul who felt that truth should be made available to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Truth That Makes Free.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 3, The Nature of Spiritual Discernment
- ... No Destruction in God's Creation God never created a destructive law. In reality there is no such thing as a law of disease or a law of death. To attain our freedom from these means to attain the power of spiritual discernment, so that we can see the nature of God's law, and in the presence of that power of discernment, the material sense of law evaporates. All the evils of this world are man-created, that is, they are mind-created. They are the creation of that which is called the Lord God, or law. It is the mistaken belief that this law, or Lord God, was God that has resulted in the slavery of the entire world-physical, mental, moral, and financial slavery-and all because the ancient Hebrew Scriptures that spoke of God and a Lord God were interpreted as if both terms meant God, and they do not. The Lord God is the law, and this law is done away with in Christ. Sooner or later the world will realize that the law and God are not the same. The law has to do with as-ye-sow-so-shall-ye-reap, but there is no such law in God. In God there is forgiveness seventy times seven. In God there is not as-ye- sow-so-shall-ye-reap, and it serves you right. Rather, there is, "'Neither do I condemn thee,'6 I forgive thee. I do not judge or condemn thee. I set thee free." So all that has been accepted as the good and evil of God is an error. Only those who realize the nature of God as immortal Being can understand that there can be no destruction in God or the creation of God: no beginning to it, no ending to it. It is a state of immortality. Spiritual Healing, an Activity of Spiritual Discernment Since we were born into the human mind with its belief in good and evil and into the belief that there are God-laws of good and evil, we cannot rise above them except by a conscious act of our consciousness, consciously withdrawing good and evil from this world and its people, and then saying, "Father, I know not how to pray; I know not how to judge; I know not how to understand; I know not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...re of Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 1, Governed By God Or Goverened By Man
- I governed by god or governed by man? E VERY FOUR YEARS, as attention in the United States is focused upon the selection of the President and Vice President of the United States, Infinite Way students are reminded of how important it is to realize that "the government is on His shoulders." 1 The "ten righteous men," 2 those who know this truth, can play a significant role in bringing to pass God's government on earth as it is in heaven. An election is an opportunity for citizens to exercise the franchise and vote for the candidates of their choice. To vote intelligently and fulfill his responsibility as a citizen, every voter should be thoroughly familiar with the issues and know how each candidate stands on these issues, not only in terms of what he says but in terms of his record. It is the responsibility of an informed citizenry, and Infinite Way students should fall into that category. Over and above that, and even more important, is the meditation or spiritual work in which each student engages to the end, that citizens are not swayed by the carnal mind and the highly charged emotional promotional activities characteristic of a typical presidential campaign. Each student should realize that the universal human mind, with its lust for power, greed, and self-seeking, is not power in the realized presence of God; that this election, as an activity for the preservation of freedom, is taking place within the one Consciousness, which is Intelligence and Love, and that only I votes. That I is the divine Consciousness, individualized. It is guided by a wisdom beyond human understanding and is, therefore, unerring in Its judgment. The Foundation of Freedom No one can guarantee you, as American citizens, freedom, except yourselves. And if you study the issues of your political life to such an extent and with such a clarity of thought that you can go to the polls and vote intelligently, that freedom will continue. And if not, be assured of this: If you allow the mesmerism ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 1.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 81K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1957, Tithing with Melchisedeo
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Tithing with Melchisedec THE scriptural record of the birth of Christ Jesus is the account of a little child, born to a very insignificant couple with no status in the world, a Jewish carpenter and his wife, who are on their way to Jerusalem to bring tithes for the annual celebration at the temple. If you read this story with the eyes of the world, you will miss its real importance. Here are two obscure and unknown people to whom a child is born, and yet instantly something unusual takes place: Wise men come to pay homage to that child, and they come bringing their choicest gifts. From every direction, people come, all of them bringing gifts in recognition of That to which they are paying homage. Neither Mary nor Joseph made any effort to attract such attention to themselves, and certainly the baby could do nothing but lie there, perhaps crying a little and sleeping a great deal more. Yet, without a single effort, people came from near and far to bring their offerings, their worship, and their adoration. No infant of itself is of such importance as to attract that amount of attention. Usually only parents, grandparents, brothers, or sisters are drawn to an infant. Then what was it that drew unto this particular baby the wise men and worshippers from great distances except that which this babe represented? Something was present in this child and that Something was the Christ. It was not the child, itself, which brought such adoration to it, but the Christ of which this child was the embodiment. There is a Presence and a Power which human beings can never explain and which human beings can never see. Only wise men, those of an illumined state of consciousness, can perceive spiritual entity embodied in a little child. Only those gifted with spiritual wisdom could know or be drawn to that spiritual light. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled. . . . And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, Tithing with Melchisedeo.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 152K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1958, The Practice of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Practice of Spiritual Healing To be successful in spiritual healing, it is necessary to come out and be separate -to adopt a clear principle from which there is no deviation. In order to be free and to free others, you yourself must know the nature of spiritual healing. The correct premise for healing is that God constitutes individual being, individual you and me; God constitutes your being and mine; and there is nothing which can defile that pure spiritual being. There is no cause save one: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." 1 Spiritual healing cannot be based on the fact that there is something to be removed and that, in order to remove it, you must find its cause and then get rid of its effect. Nowhere in the New Testament does the Master indicate that there is a mental cause for physical disease; nowhere does he say to anyone, "You are ill because of this, that, or the other thing"; nowhere does he say that you are being held in bondage to this error because of that error; nowhere does he say that there is a cause for disease. Rather he demonstrated irrefutably his firm conviction that disease is not a power: "Stretch forth thine hand. 2 . . . Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 3 . . . Lazarus, come forth." 4 Do these words indicate that sickness has a cause or that disease was created by God? Spiritual healing is an acknowledgment of God as the infinity of being, as the infinity of your being and mine. Anything unlike God which presents itself to us is merely a state of mesmerism, a suggestion coming to us for our acceptance or rejection. It makes no difference whether the suggestion comes in the form of a sin or a disease, of unemployment or lack, the treatment is the same-the recognition that we are not dealing with physical conditions, but that we are dealing purely with a state of hypnotism. When we realize that, a large percentage of our healing work is accomplished. Then, can it make any difference whether ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...actice of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 150K
Find Similar Documents