Conscious Union with God: Chapter 4, The Nature of Error
- ~ 4 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR God is all, but nevertheless, every day and almost every hour of every day we are faced with error in some form, and if we are to be free of these errors, it is necessary for us to understand the nature of error. Eventually in our meditation, we will become so consciously one with God that error will never come near us; it will fade away automatically even as we approach it. Until that time, however, let us not hesitate or fear to talk about the nature of error and what to do about it when we see evidences of it. Everyone, regardless of what branch of metaphysics he has studied, has accepted, if only intellectually, the unreal nature of error. Therefore, in the working out of problems it becomes necessary for us to gain as much understanding as possible of the unreal nature of error so that it can be met and dissolved instantaneously. Error Is Never a Person, Place, Thing, or Condition Always when error appears to us, it appears as a person, place, thing, or condition. It may appear as disease, that is, as some kind of a localized condition, and that is what fools us. We go to work on the condition, and thereby make it a reality. Error never appears as error: It always appears in some form that will ensnare the unwary. If error would only appear as error, all of us would be free. If it would only say to us, "Steal a diamond ring," or, "Commit adultery," we would be so safe from it, because we would never succumb to such temptations. But it never appears in such ways. It always appears as a brilliant diamond attracting us, as a strong, handsome man or a beautiful, alluring woman tempting us. And we do not realize that that apparently desirable form is error. All that we see is the beautiful form that error has assumed, that error appears to be, that error appears as. The metaphysician who is wise and alert, however, will not only recognize that error always appears as person, place, thing, or condition, but that good also appears as person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 7, Teaching the Message
- ~ 7 ~ TEACHING THE MESSAGE FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE who are having the experience of imparting some of this to patients or students, I want to speak for a little while on what we may call teaching The Infinite Way and Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture. By that I don't mean class teaching. By the time that any of you are conducting a class on it, we will have a special class to bring that type of work to a focus. What I mean though, is that if you have a patient or someone coming to you and you are trying to bring about a healing and at the same time introduce them to the subject of spiritual truth from this standpoint, I want to give you some hints along the way. The first thing that must be brought out to the one who either has little or no metaphysics, or the one who is coming from some other school of metaphysics into this, is of course our meaning of terms like "soul," "Christ," and the difference between prayer and treatment. You know that in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture I have made it clear that to my sense, treatment and prayer are not synonymous. Treatment refers to the letter of truth, the statements of truth that we may make to ourselves as reminders of the truth of being. Treatment may be our conscious realization, through either the spoken word or through silent thought, meditation, introspection, of the truths of being. But prayer would only begin when we had completed thinking or making statements or reviewing thoughts or ideas. In other words, in our work the main point is that there is not God and men; probably this approach is unique in that. You cannot give a treatment to men, because in this approach we haven't any men separate and apart from God. Therefore, what the metaphysical world terms men we term God and man, or God appearing as man. Therefore it would be an impossibility for a practitioner to give a treatment to a man or a woman or a child if he understands clearly that all there is appearing as man, woman or child, is God-the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 7, Teaching the Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 115K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Deep Silence of My Peace
- The Deep Silence of My Peace "MY PEACE I GIVE unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you," but My peace, a peace to which you must cling even when the turmoil which disturbs the outer world comes into your world to bring about either doubt or fear of those things or conditions that exist in the world. If you really want to attain a sense of peace, learn to drop all thought or concern for whatever it is that is disturbing in the outer picture. Now, it is not easy for me to write this any more than it is easy for you to read it, but the desire in the hearts of most of us right now is for some solution to an outer problem, a problem of human existence, to something that is disturbing us in the world of health or wealth. Most of us are concerned about something in our human affairs, and we are seeking a solution to it. There is nothing wrong with that; the solution must appear because harmony must appear, but we will fail to find the solution as long as we are concerned with the problem and the solution of the problem. We can have the answer to that problem here and now if we can sufficiently drop our concern for it in the realization of this "My peace," that is, the Christ- peace. This is Jesus speaking: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth"-not the peace of physical health or material wealth, not the satisfaction of personal desires, but something far transcending these, something that, when we experience it, wipes out entirely the need for human demonstration. That is what we want to achieve here and now. Right now we must, and many of us can, drop this concern, lose concern for whatever it is, whatever the nature of it may be, that we brought with us when we turned to these words. We cannot do this humanly by telling it to get out or "get . . . behind me, Satan," but we can open our consciousness at this minute to a realization of "My peace." Watch this as it flows through your consciousness; watch as you open yourself, even with the question: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Deep Silence of My Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 7, 1963, Our Goal: That Mind Which Was Also In Jesus Christ
- OUR GOAL: THAT MIND WHICH WAS ALSO IN CHRIST JESUS September 7, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. The papers we have done since August 16 are definitely of a different nature, and I am asking our teachers and practitioners to give class sessions on them to their students and patients. The nature of these papers would make it necessary for any of us to study them seriously in order to assimilate them. However, for those who are not teachers or practitioners, be assured that additional lessons on them would be very valuable in order to grasp the nature of these papers. Whenever I read the one of August 24, I cannot really believe it myself, and I read it two or three or four times a day. As a matter of fact I find it difficult to send out a copy without reading it again. I am sure that, if the message in the paper of August 24 could really be conveyed, our students would be home. Then, of course, there are those of August 31 and September 2. They are really beautiful, and I would not like to see them treated as if they were just papers, because it would deprive the students of the depth of consciousness that is revealed in them. Of course, there are the two new series of tapes which represent the fruitage of this year at home, which will undoubtedly be the study material for all of our students for a long time to come. At the present moment I believe we are going to discontinue our Saturday and Sunday sessions on the last Saturday or Sunday of this month. If we do not do this, neither the papers or the tapes are going to be properly assimilated because I believe that the fruitage of our year's work here for 1963 is propelling us into something that has not yet fully revealed itself. Not only has the telephone not stopped ringing, but the mail is increasing faster than we can have it typed. Therefore, I think we should be able to get away somewhere early in October to be beholders and see what it is that God has in store. Since these messages really point to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ch Was Also In Jesus Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 12, Fishers of Men
- ~ 12 ~ "FISHERS OF MEN" In spiritual literature and in Scripture, there are many references which might indicate to you that you must change your way of life or you must do something in order to earn the grace of God. Remember what I say to you now: The responsibility is not on your shoulders, nor is it on any other person's shoulders. Therefore, I ask you to refrain from all indulgence in criticism or judgment of everyone in the world, and more particularly judgment, criticism, condemnation, and belittling of yourself and your own understanding because the responsibility to improve yourself is not on your shoulders; it is on the shoulders of the Christ. Rest more in the realization of the Christ as that which is leading, guiding, and directing you. Never believe that the saints and sages and seers of the world, by some great act of their own will, became saints, sages, and seers, because it is not true. Even in this age, we have seen enough of the beloved spiritual lights- teachers, leaders, practitioners-to know that they, by their own will or grace, never gave up their personal sense of life to become spiritual teachers or leaders, but rather that the grace of God pulled them out of the business world or out of their housekeeping duties, and made of them "fishers of men." The Master walked the hillside and as he chose each disciple, his promise was, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." 1 Perhaps you think that there were men of high understanding because they obeyed. No, they had no power not to obey. They had no more power to resist the Master than you and I have right now. When the Master says, "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men," you will obey. You have already obeyed in the sacrifice of time, money, effort, study, and meditation that you are making. You have already shown that you have no capacity to resist the activity of the Christ in your consciousness, even if you had the will or the desire, which, of course, you do not have. But ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 12, Fishers of Men.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 14, I the Lord Have Called Thee
- ~ 14 ~ "I THE LORD HAVE CALLED THEE" Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the Lord's hand double for all her sins. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain: And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:1-5: 10, 11 Do you see that the conviction that has to come to each one of us is that because the he, the it, the I of our being is the power, not one of us can fail? Do you see how there is no way for us to gain confidence or to lose fear until that moment of transition when we inwardly sense that he has that power, and because he has that power, we cannot fail? Do you see how this brings out, not only a sense of humility, it brings out the realization-not a quotation in a book, but the realization-that there is a "he." Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Isaiah 40:28-30 Even the young, who depend on their muscles, who depend on their vitality or their youth, even they will come face to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...I the Lord Have Called Thee.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Joseph
- JOSEPH IN GENESIS we now come to the glorious story of Joseph, which includes the experience with his brethren. For our purpose, spiritual interpretation, we understand that Joseph is that state of consciousness which is a developing or unfolding consciousness. As it unfolds, it reveals increasing vitality, substance and understanding. The Metaphysical Bible Dictionary of Unity says of Joseph: "Jehovah shall increase; he shall increase progressively." That really is the progressive unfoldment of consciousness. As the story of Joseph unfolds, it reveals progressive steppingstones from potential good to a really advanced state of good humanhood, and then finally the awareness of spiritual life and substance. Joseph is our own ideal state of spiritual consciousness; it is that part of us which is pure Spirit - the embodiment of spiritual substance and wisdom. The many phases of being, found in individual consciousness, imply that there are other qualities in our consciousness besides this pure one, and those qualities are represented by the brothers of Joseph and by his coat of many colors. This coat of many colors is supposed to be a very desirable thing, which has come to him as a reward or token of his goodness. I have seen this differently. To me this coat of many colors represents the many contradictory qualities in Joseph's thought. Joseph is a dreamer - yet the evil experiences which befell him outwardly, could only come as the result of inner conflicts and discords. Remember, Joseph is a progressive unfoldment of good, therefore, it must have progressed from something less than its later unfolded purity. These conflicting and contradictory thoughts are likewise externalized subjectively as his brethren. Joseph, we read, goes down into Egypt; and you remember that Egypt is a place of darkness, sense consciousness, mortal mind, material experiences. Here is proof that along with the qualities of the dreamer, there are those other qualities outwardly pictured as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tation of Scripture_ Joseph.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 93K
Find Similar Documents