The Infinite Way: The New Horizon
- THE NEW HORIZON THE SENSE which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which produces the entire dream of human existence. It must be understood that there is no more reality to harmonious human existence than to discordant world conditions. It must be realized that the entire human scene is mesmeric suggestion, and we must rise above the desire for even good human conditions. Understand fully that suggestion, belief, or hypnotism is the substance, or fabric, of the whole mortal universe and that human conditions of both good and evil are dream pictures having no reality or permanence. Be willing for the harmonious as well as the inharmonious conditions of mortal existence to disappear from your experience in order that reality may be known and enjoyed and lived. Above this sense-life, there is a universe of Spirit governed by Love, peopled with children of God living in the household or temple of Truth. This world is real and permanent: Its substance is eternal Consciousness. In it there is no awareness of discords or even of temporary and material good. The first glimpse of Reality - of the Soul-realm - comes with the recognition and realization of the fact that all temporal conditions and experiences are products of self-hypnotism. With the realization that the entire human scene - its good as well as its evil - is illusion, come the first glimpse and taste of the world of God's creation and of the sons of God who inhabit the spiritual kingdom. Now, in this moment of uplifted consciousness, we are able, even though faintly, to see ourselves free of material, mortal, human, and legal laws. We behold ourselves separate and apart from the bondage of sense, and in a measure we glimpse the unlimited boundaries of eternal Life and of infinite Consciousness. The fetters of finite existence begin to fall away; the price tags begin to disappear. We no longer dwell in thought on human happiness or prosperity, nor is there ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...finite Way_ The New Horizon.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 77K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Seven Steps
- The Seven Steps THERE ARE SEVEN foundational steps necesssary to the understanding of spiritual existence, and it is helpful to try to understand the Truth in the following statements: 1. "Call no man your father upon the earth; for one is your Father, which is in heaven." When we catch even a small glimpse of this Truth, we start to see the meaning of preexistence and we can understand why it is that man was never born, and in fact that there never was a creation, but that all that is, is unfoldment within the Universal Consciousness, which is your individual consciousness. 2. "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof." By recognizing that everything that is, is a part of the Universal, is a possession of the Universal, and that everything that is in and of the Universal is forever expressing itself through the individual, we give up our sense of personal possession and start to draw from the Universal. 3. "The glory which I had with Thee before the world was" is still mine. Here we recognize that there is no power apart from God, and therefore nothing has ever happened to separate us from the glory, power, dominion, purity, and spirituality that was ours in the beginning. In one step we wipe out the belief of material consciousness. 4. "Greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." Now we are recognizing that Christ or the Word is greater than any condition or circumstance that may arise in the manifest world. 5. "I and my Father are one." That is, my consciousness is the divine, infinite, eternal, Universal Consciousness individually expressed. Life is life, Mind is mind. 6. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone." Only the consciousness that can see itself sinless, pure and perfect can see the harmony and wholeness of his neighbor, and under no circumstance must there be condemnation of self or another, because the Christ-Self, which is the only Self, must be seen as here and now. 7. " My grace is sufficient for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Goldsmith_ The Seven Steps.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 5, 1964, The Man Who Has His Being in Christ
- THE MAN WHO HAS HIS BEING IN CHRIST April 5, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE SERIES OF TAPES we are working with now is called "The Oahu-Maui Series" because some of the tapes have been made here at The Infinite Way Study Center, another message was made at The Kapiolani Center on Oahu, and still others were made on Maui. Those who have worked with this series should now find it easier to bring about that transition in themselves from the man of earth to that man who has his being in Christ. This entire series has to do with that subject. Part of the series is entitled "Between Two Worlds," and the two worlds revealed are the world that is made up, on one hand, of personal sense-man whose breath is in his nostrils, the natural man, the man of earth-and on the other hand, the Son of God, the man of spiritual discernment, the man of Christ-consciousness. We were born as the natural man, but we have been told that we must die as this man and be reborn of the spirit so that even our prayers will be "in spirit and in truth." Through this series you have learned that, as long as you are judging by what you see, hear, taste, touch, or smell, or even think, you are in the world of the creature, "the natural man (who) is not under the law of God, neither indeed can be." 1 Think what that means. As long as you are judging by appearances, as long as you are seeing good and evil, believing in good and evil, you are not under the law of God. Shocking as that may sound, you may as well accept it. When you make the transition to the man who lives by "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," 2 you are then forming no judgments, but rather you are creating a vacuum within yourself resulting in an attitude of listening so that divine judgement may be rendered. Then you will discover that you never hear or see good or evil, but that the man and the universe of God's creating is revealed to you. Remember that it is not that you are seeing many things and many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Who Has His Being in Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 88K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVIII, A Circle of Christhood
- CHAPTER XVIII A CIRCLE OF CHRISTHOOD Is it reasonable to expect that there can be a whole group of people in modern times so dedicated to the Christ-life that they will live by actual spiritual contact? Is it conceivable that a body of students or earnest aspirants on the spiritual path will evolve, who will seriously accept the hypothesis that they, of themselves, are nothing, but that God is all? Is it within the range of possibility that a group of people will appear on this earth, who have arrived at that point of realization where life is lived by the Spirit? Such a group would establish a pattern for the whole world. Always there have been isolated individuals who have achieved Christhood by grace, but at no period in the history of the world has it been either realized or maintained by a group. No one has been able to impart it to a group, because up to this moment no effective way of transmitting the Christ-consciousness to large numbers has been found-at least none that has been effective. It was imparted by Jesus to the twelve disciples, and out of the twelve only three or four were able to maintain it. It was taught to several students by Buddha, but only two of them understood it, and of Lao-Tze's disciples, only one was able to carry on. Today the wisdom of all ages is again coming to light in human consciousness: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." This teaching of oneness is the ancient secret of the mystics revealed throughout all time by every one of the great spiritual lights of the world. Every great religious teacher has caught this vision of oneness. This it is which enables us to unite in that selfsame realization that if I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, then, you are in me, and I am in you; and we are all one in the Father, united in one consciousness. Despite the diverse forms of religious worship and teaching prevalent today, men and women of whatever persuasion should be able to unite in this age-old wisdom of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...III, A Circle of Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 12, 1964, I and My Father Are One
- I AND MY FATHER ARE ONE April 12, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii OUR SUNDAY MORNING tapes are still on the subject of "Between Two Worlds," the world of material sense and the world of spiritual consciousness. You are reminded that there are two worlds, although one of these disappears in proportion as you attain the consciousness of the other one. As you die daily to "man whose breath is in his nostrils," you are being reborn into the Son of God. But here you must remember, and I say you must often remember and consciously remember that there are not actually two worlds. There is only one, the world of consciousness or spirit, but there is a false sense of that world which you entertain and that false sense constitutes the other world-the world of material sense. I spoke this morning of Dr. Loren Eiseley's article entitled "The Uncomplete Man," published in Harper's Magazine, March, 1964, in which he tells of a revelation he experienced on the nature of the body which corresponds to what we have been teaching for more than thirty years. In this article, Dr. Eiseley says that all evil is based upon the belief that we are man. In other words, we are not man, and even Scripture says: "Know ye not that you are Gods 1 . . . . even your body is the temple of God." 2 We are really spiritual, offspring of spirit, and that which constitutes our material sense of world is this belief that we are man. You will remember our exercise in which you stand slightly in back of yourself with the word I, and look down at the feet and realize: "These feet are not me, they are mine." You then go up to the knees, the hips, the waist, the chest, the shoulders, the neck, the head, up to the topmost hair of the head, always declaring: "This is not me, this is mine." Then, as you go up and down that body mentally, at the end of the exercise you realize: "I am not in this body, but there is an I separate and apart from body which is the owner of this body-and therefore the body in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...64, I and My Father Are One.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 21, Business
- ~ 21 ~ BUSINESS This is a word on business: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," 1 and the truth that you must know is that you are already free. All business is God's business regardless of its nature. The only food there is, is the "bread of life" which God alone serves; the only water is the "water of life" which freely flows from God to man, and the wine of inspiration which has its fount in heaven. God supplies all these to his children (receptive thoughts), that he may be fully expressed. Drop the weight of responsibility from your shoulders. "Stand ye still" and let love provide the customers, the volume, and the profits. Allow no thought of competition to enter. You are not dependent on material conditions for your business. The lie of mortal mind is that you are dependent on weather, prosperity, surroundings, or no competition for your success. On the contrary, these are human thoughts and they are the weights which must be put aside. We are told to "lay aside every weight . . . which doth so easily beset us." 2 Prepare thought for the day's business and mentally invite the world. Know that love fills all space, that every corner of your world is filled with divine ideas that express joy, gratitude, and love. Keep thought away from transactions. Just hold to the truth that Christ has invited all to "come unto me"-be served of him. Do not give or receive "treatments" for the success of business, but know constantly that divine intelligence is continually expressing itself in your business; that divine love is eternally being manifested in it; that mind produces all the needed activity; that love supplies the currency; that principle is forever expressing itself in harmonious, active, and complete business. Let no thought of conditions, weather, competition, enter to mar your faith and trust in the fact that truth is now expressed as your business. As a matter of fact, truth is your only business, the embodiment of harmony, complete ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 21, Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter II, The Purpose
- CHAPTER II THE PURPOSE The purpose of meditation is to attain divine grace. Once this grace has been attained in a measure, it takes over our experience and lives our life, performs those things which are given us to do, and makes the crooked places straight. We no longer live by bread alone, but by this inner grace. Satisfying relationships, abundant supply, successful business activity, and creative endeavor are the tangible effects of grace. First must come the inner grace before the things of this world can be added to us; but we can never receive the grace of God so long as we seek it for the purpose of demonstration, that is, seeking God in order to possess some person or thing, or to achieve some place. That is the reason meditation can never be used to demonstrate an automobile, more money, or a better position: meditation is for the purpose of realizing God. In meditation God is revealed as the life of individual being. God is the embodiment of all good. In achieving the experience of God, our good appears as whatever the need may be. We fail if we attempt to gain any thing separate and apart from God. God, Itself, is the good. Prayer or meditation for material things and persons cannot be answered by a God of Spirit. Such an objective defeats the purpose of meditation. Scripture tells us that the natural man receiveth not the things of God. Who is the natural man but the human being, the prodigal son, still deep in material consciousness, praying that his materiality may be made a little better, a little richer, a little more, or a little less? We pray to be stouter or we pray to be thinner; we pray to have more money, seldom to have less, although that might be a very spiritual prayer. The point is that we pray for an improvement or an increase of that very materiality of which God has no knowledge, and such prayer is not answered. Very often our human desires, if fulfilled, would leave us unsatisfied, because as human beings we do not possess the wisdom ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on_ Chapter II, The Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIX, The Still Small Voice
- CHAPTER XIX THE STILL SMALL VOICE The world has come to a place where it must go beyond power and beyond mind. Is there such a place? Is there a place where physical might and human thought are not power, and where safety, security, and peace are assured? In a moment of futility and frustration, when every reliance has been forsaken, the answer comes as the voice of God utters Itself, a V oice not in the blustering whirlwinds, nor in the awesome rumblings of the volcano, but a V oice so still that only in the Silence can it be heard, and there It thunders. When we hear that V oice, we need not concern ourselves about protection against bombs; we need not concern ourselves with depressions or recessions. One thing alone then concerns us: the ability to be still and let God manifest and express Himself as the still small V oice within us. Today, world conditions make our personal problems seem infinitesimal, but whether we are thinking in terms of individual, national, or international problems, basically there is only one problem-material and mental power as against My Spirit. There is only one enemy-the universal belief that material and mental force can control this world. The enemies confronting us today are not a threatened epidemic of disease, not a devastating condition of weather or climate, not impending economic disaster, nor destructive war: All these are but part and parcel of the belief in material and mental powers. But are material and mental powers, power, or is the still small V oice the only power? The answer is that there is no power in the visible world, and anything that exists in our mind as an objective thing is not power. Let us never fear an image in our mind whether that image is a person, a disease, or even a bomb. That still small V oice in the midst of us is mightier than all of these, and if we can become so silent that that V oice can utter Itself-even if only as a deep breath or a sense of peace or warmth-this earth will be filled with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIX, The Still Small Voice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 80K
Find Similar Documents