Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 9, Meditation on Nonpower
- Chapter Nine Meditation on Nonpower The normal, natural thing for human beings to do is to think of the way in which they would like good to unfold, but this often proves to be a barrier to receiving their good. Whenever possible, a person must stop thinking in terms of some form of good and return to the idea of omnipresence. One way in which it is possible to turn away from seeking forms of good is to close your eyes and notice that there is a black void in front of you, an emptiness. Begin to realize that right there in that black emptiness is the presence of God. I am looking into this immense space which is filled with God. The kingdom of God is within me, and I am opening out a way for the glory of that kingdom to escape. But the space which you see with your eyes closed may not always be a black space. Sometimes it is a bright light; sometimes colors come into it. It really makes no difference, however, whether it is a white light, a rainbow of colors, or a deep black. You are looking into it with closed eyes and realizing that it is the infinity of God within you and without, filling all space. The infinity of my good is here within. The infinite substance, law, life, and activity of my good are here where I am. Out of this silent Infinite Invisible, my good appears each day, each hour of each day, in whatever form may be necessary. I do not know what my good should be an hour from now. I do not know where it should take place; I do not know what form my good should assume; but I do know that right here where I am, right here in this great silence in which I am, my good is. Just as the Spirit is working silently all night to bring daylight in the morning, just as this great Silence is working invisibly to bring forth leaves and buds and blossoms on the trees, so this Light, Life, or Presence is working silently to bring forth my good. I am contemplating God in the midst of me, keeping my mind stayed on God, on this all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Meditation on Nonpower.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Seven, Impersonalizing Error
- CHAPTER SEVEN IMPERSONALIZING ERROR There have been hundreds of mystics in the history of the world who have been lifted so high in consciousness that they have realized I, and yet many of them were never able to round out a happy, healthy, or successful life, nor did they ever raise up a body of students capable of revealing to the world the divine harmony that is here for everyone. Why was this? Why, when they had reached such great heights, were they still plagued with the discords of this world? The reason is that they never grasped the importance and significance of the nature of error. Without an understanding of the nature of error, this world is not going to be any different in the next generation than it has been in this one. We all know that there have been many revelations of I, but we also know that these revelations have not saved the world. The revelation of the nature of error in combination with the revelation of I, however, can and will. AN UNDERSTANDING OF THE NONPOWER OF EFFECT IS ESSENTIAL It is true that the nature of error was taught in some degree in the early years of metaphysical teaching and healing, but the real significance of the principle of the nothingness and nonpower of disease was not understood. It was believed that mind, which was made synonymous with God, was the power that healed the disease - in short, that God was the power that removed it. However, if you accept the truth that God is omnipotent, you most logically follow that with, "Well, then, nothing but God is power." That must mean the powerlessness of anything and everything that is appearing to you as power, whether it is person, thing, circumstance, or condition. You can then look at it objectively and realize how impossible it would be for it to be a power or have a power, if God is omnipresent and omnipotent, the only presence and the only power. The more aware you become of the nature of God as omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, the more aware you become of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...even, Impersonalizing Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 12, Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs
- 12) Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs For the most part, those who have been interested in a metaphysical or spiritual approach to life have thought almost entirely in terms of what it would do for them. They have been primarily interested in whether it would heal them or their families, prosper them, or perhaps be the means of their finding some happiness, a home, or better health. I know that you realize that those days are past. It really is not going to make any great difference whether we are sick or well, rich or poor, happy or unhappy if the world does not stay in one piece. This, therefore, is the time when it should be comparatively easy to follow the Master and take no thought for our life because suddenly our life as an individual entity is of secondary importance. The thing that is of greatest importance now is the life of this world. We can very well accept the fact that if the world and its people survive we too will survive, but if they do not, what difference would it make if we were able to demonstrate our health and supply and the rest of the world were not around to help us enjoy it? Today everyone who is embarked on a spiritual way of life should have a concern far greater than the demonstration of his own daily harmony, and that concern should be for the survival of the entire world. The question now is: Is there a principle of life, a spiritual principle, that will govern the world? Is there a principle which can now be relied upon to prevent the destruction of civilization and the extermination of mankind? There can be no question but that an individual can rise so high above the immediate circumstances on earth as to make himself immune to the disasters of this world, but if that is all that is concerning him, he may find the world a lonesome place to be. This is the age in which everyone who is seriously on this Path should forget his own problems and be willing to lose his life, if need be, in the search for, and the demonstration ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rinciples and World Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 160K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 3, The Truth That Makes Free
- ~ 3 ~ THE TRUTH THAT MAKES FREE During the days of the early Hebrews, the high priests and rabbis were never permitted to divulge truth to the people, so there was a long period when no one had access to truth except the few who had attained a sufficient degree of spiritualized consciousness to be able to grasp it. Moses knew the truth, but because he believed that only those who had reached a high state of consciousness were prepared to understand and demonstrate it, he permitted it to be known only by those who had attained the rank of high priest. It was Jesus' conviction, however, that truth should be given to mankind; it should be revealed so that everyone would be free, because to know the truth does set one completely free of physical, mental, moral, and financial limitations. He, therefore, went out into Judea and taught in the synagogues, by the wayside, by the seaside, in the mountains, and in the plains-wherever two or more would gather together to hear him and he revealed the truth to them. Jesus was crucified for telling that truth, just as throughout all generations those who have dared to tell the truth have suffered crucifixion, if not always an outward crucifixion, at least a figurative one. Men of power are afraid to let the masses know about the truth. The authorities, whether ecclesiastical or political, cannot afford to permit the world to become enlightened because when men know the truth it makes them free and they can no longer be controlled. In order, therefore, to be sure that control is maintained over the people, it is necessary to keep them in ignorance of truth. When Christ Jesus revealed truth to his followers, evidently the truth registered with a few-only a very few, but nevertheless a few-and healing work was carried on for the next three centuries. But the principle of truth was again lost. There was dissension within the Christian movement: there was one faction headed by Paul who felt that truth should be made available to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Truth That Makes Free.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 2, Teacher, Student & Teaching
- ... Only through the development of the spiritual consciousness exemplified by Jesus will all nations finally be enabled to put up their swords and turn them into ploughshares. You may wonder whether or not anyone can live up to a teaching as demanding as this, but it can be done-it can be done individually and collectively. You can begin now to live up to the Master's teaching by forgiving your enemy and by praying for those who persecute you; and if you, as an individual, can do this, the world can. One of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for your enemies. But forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being, remembering the terrible offense he has committed against you, and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. True forgiveness is the ability to see through his human appearance to the Divinity of his being and realize that in the Divinity of his being there has never been, and is not now, error of any nature. It is as if this person were to ask you for help, and in helping him you would have to behold him as he really is, as pure spiritual being. Every day we are called on to look upon all those toward whom we have any negative feeling as spiritual beings and practice this act of forgiveness. This means turning to the Christ of our own being, and there knowing that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal being, and all that appears as a mortal is but the Christ Itself incorrectly seen. Like forgiveness, praying for our enemies is one of the great laws of life and of the Bible. This does not mean that we are helpless before the enemy: It really means being able to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know that there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing at all to do with it. We are not dealing with appearances. We are dealing with the reality of being. Oneness, the Keynote The teaching is that you must individually contact God. God must become real and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Teacher, Student & Teaching.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 144K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 2, The Genesis Of Identity
- II the genesis of identity T HERE ARE TWO levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level, as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek- consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter-of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor, we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom, we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It is raised up, lifts man to Its level, and then, instead of "man whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the Son of God, that "man who has his being in Christ." 2 The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of earth-the creature, the mortal, the viper-and the divine Presence within individual consciousness, which, when recognized and released, changes man from the man of earth to the Son of God. We speak of God as the creative principle of this entire universe, including man. But actually, that brings up a picture in your mind of a God that created something at some time, and as long as you hold to that belief, you cannot rightly understand the nature of God, for God has never created any thing at any time. Any such belief puts God in time and space, and with a beginning, and that takes away God's eternality and immortality. I ask you rather, see God as an Infinite Invisible, appearing as this universe, rather than as starting it, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 2.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents