The Thunder of Silence: Chapter I, The Two Covenants
- CHAPTER I THE TWO COVENANTS For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. . . . But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. GALATIANS 4:22-24, 26 In our humanhood, we are sons of the bondwoman, in subjection to the flesh and its claims, in bondage to the things, thoughts, and activities of the flesh, whether it be this flesh of the body or the flesh called money or other forms of human living. Living in and through the flesh as the offspring of the bondwoman, we are under the laws of matter, the laws of economics, and the laws of race, religion, and nationality-under the covenant "which gendereth to bondage." The other covenant is that of our spiritual adoption, which comes through a conscious activity within our own consciousness and at a time when we are prepared for that transition, because the transition from humanhood to spiritual sonship is made only by Grace. When a person says that he would like to be a child of God and be free of the burdens of the flesh, usually he does not really mean it. What he means is that he would like to be free of the burdens of the flesh, but retain the pleasures and the profits of the flesh. It is for this reason that as human beings we cannot choose to be children of God. But there does come a time in the consciousness of every one of us-with some now and with some many lifetimes from now-when, through an inner Grace, we are able and willing not only to be rid of the ills of the flesh, but also of the pleasures and profits of the flesh, and to become acquainted with our spiritual identity or Selfhood, with that new creature-not the old one made healthy, not the old one made honorable, but a new creature which is born of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter I, The Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter IV, Who Told You?
- CHAPTER IV WHO TOLD YOU? The world can never rise above the idea of using one power over another and into the realm of no power until the mystery of Genesis is solved. In this first book of the Bible, are found two completely contradictory and conflicting records of creation: The first chapter is obviously the work of a mystic who had achieved complete union with God and who saw that this entire universe is Consciousness appearing as form; whereas subsequent chapters contain an account of the creation of mind. The first record of creation is a revelation of the activity of Consciousness in all its purity and eternality. It recounts the unfolding of a spiritual universe where there is light before there is a sun or a moon, where the crops are in the ground before the seeds are planted, and where there is man before there is woman. That which is formed of Consciousness is never born: It is merely an emanation of Consciousness, which not only has no beginning but has no ending because as long as there is Consciousness, there is Consciousness formed. When Consciousness appears as form, it can appear as a seed or as a completely developed tree without ever having gone through any process of growth. Consciousness, or Soul, which we call God, reveals and expresses Itself as a spiritual universe in which there is no conception and no birth. In other words, creation is the immaculate conception of God revealing Itself as individual identity, an identity expressing as human, animal, vegetable, and mineral forms; so that in reality, God, Consciousness, is the very essence and substance of the earth -even of what appears as stones, rocks, sand, and soil-just as that same Consciousness is the substance of our true identity. In Genesis, we learn that God created Adam and Eve and placed them in the Garden of Eden in the midst of perfection and harmony, surrounded only by goodness, love, and beauty. Joy and harmony reigned there until into that Eden came something that destroyed it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter IV, Who Told You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:37- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 11, Attain That Mind
- ~ 11 ~ ATTAIN THAT MIND Life is much like a play, unfolding from the first to the last acts, in which the leading characters go through all manner of trials, temptations and troubles before reaching the happy ending. In this world we shall have these experiences of seeming good or bad, up or down, well or sick, rich or poor, but in the attainment of the "Mind that was in Christ Jesus," we shall have life everlasting. The story of every major prophet is one of illumination after struggles. Joseph accepted his delivery into slavery as an act of God. Elijah finally realized that through every step of his banishment God was present, seeing him through. Moses accepted the deliverance of the Hebrews as an act of God, and had proof of the Presence every step of the long, hard journey. So must we, regardless of our world experiences, and even though we go through the trials of Moses, Elijah, Jesus, Paul and John, understand and realize that the Divine Presence overshadows and accompanies us every step of our way. Having touched this spiritual Hem, having made the contact, we are never alone, never forsaken, never permitted to fail. There is always the last act: the attainment of the Mind of Christ. If we recognize this truth we are living by Grace, and we let the reasoning, thinking, planning mind relax as we recognize our good as the gift of God, as Divine Ever-Presence. Should we experience any human sense of discord, keep watching for the angel of the Lord, the Christ, the Father within, and listen for the still, small V oice. It will never leave us nor forsake us. It is our permanent dispensation. Human existence before the awakening is life cut off from its Source-an accidental hit or miss affair with anything as possibilities, and most things as probabilities. Yet, even then, there is a Presence lurking in the background, only awaiting the right moment to emerge as the very Christ of our being, as our individual salvation. As students of Truth we come to the study for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Attain That Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:55- 110K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 3, "Now I See"
- Chapter Three "Now I See" Until the importance of knowing God aright is understood there is little use of attempting to learn anything further. Knowing God means not merely knowing God intellectually, that is, through the mind, but so well that a person could almost say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see."1 To understand the nature of God, the three words omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence need to be indelibly impressed on consciousness, for without the fullest understanding of their meaning, a student can never approach God. Serious students might benefit greatly by looking up the meaning of these three words in an unabridged dictionary so as to get a more comprehensive understanding of them. Omniscience Hymns are sung to the all-wise God, and people are always claiming that God is the all-knowing. But what happens the next minute? They tell God they have a pain; they tell God the rent is due or that they need employment. In that instant they deny God, just as much as if they were to say, "I do not believe there is an all-knowing God." If they knew God to be the all-knowing, would they ever go to God with any problem? Would they ever go to God to try to influence Him in their behalf? No, once a student grasps the nature of God as omniscience, he can never again reach up to God or even dream of asking God for peace on earth or for anything else. Students of the Infinite Way should spend a great deal of time working with the principle of God as omniscience. This principle cannot be learned in two weeks, two months, or two years. How long it will take students to come to the point where they never are tempted to tell God anything, to try to influence God, or to let God know about the problem, I do not know. Eventually you as a student must get to the place where this is so much a part of your consciousness that when anyone asks you to pray for him to attain some end, inwardly you would be laughing and thinking: What do you mean by "pray for you"? Shall I tell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ges_ Chapter 3, _Now I See_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 122K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXX, God Made This World for Men and Women
- CHAPTER XXX GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR MEN AND WOMEN Man is a prisoner of his mind. He is locked up inside his mind just as a little chick is locked up inside the egg. If it could look around inside the shell, it would see only darkness; it might even feel a sense of hunger and find no food there, and certainly, above all things, no companionship. In this lone, tightly locked up shell, that little chick must wonder what it has to live for. There is nothing for it to be happy about, but on the other hand, there is also nothing to be unhappy about: it has never known the world so it does not know what it is missing. All it knows is what it is experiencing while locked up inside the shell, and yet it does not even know that it is locked up inside its shell. As far as the chick is concerned, it might stay on there forever, living in that darkness. It might even find enough food in the shell to keep it alive. It would not really be living: it would be existing, and of itself it could no nothing about it. There it is, and it looks as if there it is doomed to be. But fortunately for these little chicks, there is something beyond themselves, there is something that causes a chick to peck at the shell, and to keep pecking and pecking at it until it breaks a hole in it and sees some light. Imagine what goes on in a little chick's mind when it begins to catch a ray of light from outside, and realizes that there is something out there that it has not seen, something it has not felt, some place it has not been. It keeps pecking away, and pecking away. It knows nothing about an outside world; it has no desire to get out; and probably left to itself, it would be satisfied with the comfort of the shell in which it is enfolded; but there is a something that eventually compels the chick to break open that shell and come outside, and find a great big world in which to go looking for food, and other chicks with which to play. In the first six hours that that chick is out of the shell, it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his World for Men and Women.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 2, Building a Consciousness of Grace
- ... Peace is a state of Grace, and it functions in that moment when you are demanding nothing of another, when you are realizing that God's grace is your sufficiency in all things and that there is a sufficiency of God's grace omnipresent to meet the need of this and of every moment. In that realization, you free every person, and he can feel that you have freed him. He is at peace with you because the only reason for a lack of peace is fear, the fear of what the other person may want of you. Individually and collectively, nationally and internationally, that is the one fear, and the only antidote is the realization: I have a hidden manna. I have a hidden source of supply that is not dependent on "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." 11 It is not dependent on anyone's good will. * New Light on Forgiveness People are at war within their own families-not over money particularly or over land, but because there is nearly always something that one is demanding of another that is causing a breach. The healing can take place only in release, and you can release every person only when that state of Grace has come to you and you realize that you no longer need power. Your oneness with God is your assurance of omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, and because of that you can release anybody and everybody. This might be called forgiving, but it is a far better way of dealing with the whole subject of forgiveness than the traditional approach. To forgive is difficult because forgiveness has always implied the forgiving of an actual wrong done, which in some way one is supposed to forget. This is rather difficult to do. It is far easier to forgive if you can see that the reason that you think a wrong has been done to you is because you were expecting something from someone, and you had no right to expect anything from anybody. So in the beginning it was your fault; you brought it on yourself. You expected something of someone; therefore, that person did to you what you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng a Consciousness of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 9, The Argument or Treatment
- ~ 9 ~ THE ARGUMENT OR TREATMENT If the teacher of spiritual wisdom could sit and hear in the silence and then let the divine Consciousness impart the truth to his students, there would be little possibility of any misunderstanding, but because words cloak the real meaning, it is necessary for the student to discern the meaning between the lines. As you know, I myself do not use affirmations and denials, and I disapprove heartily of their use in this work. Such things as reciting any statement, however scientific it may appear to be, twenty-five or a hundred times, or repeating the Lord's Prayer ten times, or affirming, "Every day prosperity is making me rich," are decidedly no part of the Infinite Way. That statement needs clarification, however, because the argument is used in this work and is that part of the work which I call treatment. Most of the time, you may use very little treatment, but on the other hand, there are occasions when you may use a great deal of treatment. Ordinarily in the course of the day when a call for help comes over the telephone or by letter, very little in the way of treatment should be necessary because the state of consciousness in which the practitioner or teacher lives and which he maintains should be sufficient to meet all needs. It must be realized that the call for help has nothing to do with a person; it is just suggestion. Most healings are brought about through nothing more nor less than some such statement as, "I will be with you," or, "I will take care of it," or, "I am standing by," but back of those statements is the consciousness of truth, spoken or unspoken. It must be understood, of course, that I means God. When a practitioner assures the patient, "I am standing by," he means that God is standing by and, therefore, his patient is in the best hands in the world. However, it would be very dangerous if the practitioner made such a statement merely as a human being, because, as a human being, the practitioner can do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Argument or Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 6, The Armor of Oneness
- CHAPTER 6 THE ARMOR OF ONENESS The foundation of all Truth teachings-whether it is Christian Science, Unity, New Thought, or The Infinite Way-is that we live and move and have our being in God. All of them agree on that point. Some orthodox traditions may teach that we will live in God at some future time, but Truth movements agree that now we are the children of God, now we are in the secret place of the Most High, now we live and move and have our being in God. But Truth teachings (whether organized or unorganized) cannot make us live as if we were living and moving and having our being in God; they can do something for us only in the proportion that we permit it. I would like to tell you about a minister and his wife, both of them very serious Truth students, whom I met in London. In World War II during the German blitz of London, those who could were building bomb shelters in their gardens. But these two people had dedicated their lives to the understanding that they lived in God and that their lives took place in the secret place of the Most High; therefore, how could any form of discord or inharmony come nigh their dwelling place? They decided to have nothing to do with bomb shelters, but to serve as fire wardens in their neighborhood during actual bombings. Their neighborhood, situated between the largest London airport and a major railway, was constantly bombarded. Not a single night went by that their section of the city was not bombed. The airport and railway were often severely damaged and each time had to be repaired so that the railroad and air force could resume operations. The bomb shelter of one of their neighbors received a direct hit, and the whole family was wiped out. Through out this entire time, the minister and his wife were never even scratched and not a window of their home was blown out! To human sense, this was indeed one of the miracles of the war. But to this couple, it was the most natural thing in the world because they lived in God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, The Armor of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 101K
Find Similar Documents