The Master Speaks: Chapter 4, Error
- ~ 4 ~ ERROR Our conscious oneness with God constitutes our oneness with all spiritual being and idea. Meditation should result in the consciousness of the presence of God. This conscious awareness of the presence of God is the foundation of our entire experience. Since God is infinite good, our being consciously one with God means that we are consciously one with infinite good. Then we do not have to try to get at- one with a good home, a good automobile, a good wife, a good friend, a good book, or a good teacher; we only have to realize at-one-ment with God, and God appears to us: God becomes visible and manifest to us as the good home, the good wife, the good automobile, or the good anything else that may be our need at the moment. When we try to help ourselves or others through spiritual realization, it is the Christ that does the work; it is the Christ that dispels the illusion; it is the Christ that operates as healer, reformer, supplier. But what is the Christ? The Christ is our individual consciousness when that consciousness has been released from its fear, hate, or love of error. Now let us put that into practical, usable form. Let us assume that there is a shadow on the wall. As we look at it, we can see that it is a shadow, and of course we do not hate it, or fear it, or love it. If I thought that that shadow were some kind of an evil presence, I might very well hate it or fear it; and if I thought it was a person, I might love it. Knowing it as shadow, however, I can neither hate, nor fear, nor love it: I look on it with complete indifference, knowing that its only existence is as shadow-virtually nothingness, without substance. When I am called upon for help and recognize that the problem, whether physical, mental, moral, or financial, has no more substance than that shadow-that it is not power, it is not presence, it is not reality-that attitude is what determines my healing ability. That constitutes my degree of Christhood. When I can face any form of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er Speaks_ Chapter 4, Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:26- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Eight, I Speaks
- CHAPTER EIGHT I SPEAKS Within each one of us there is a Presence, a something more real than anything we can know, with a vision beyond our vision. This it is that is living our life for us. Too often, however, because we are not aware of this Presence, we are determined to live our own life: to make our own decisions and to rely on our personal wisdom, judgment, or strength; but that is only because we have not yet come into the actual experience of This that is within us. Before this Presence makes Itself known to us, there usually comes a period in which we recognize that It exists. On the metaphysical and sometimes on the spiritual path, the student can believe this only because it is told to him by a teacher who has experienced It or because in the scriptural writings of the world he has read that It exists. In one way or another, regardless of how It is brought to our attention, there must come an awareness that there is a Presence within, a He that is greater than he that is in the world, a Spirit. With this knowledge comes the continuous recognition that It abides within us, that It walks beside us, that It is our vision, our guidance, and our direction. There must be an abiding in that truth until the experience comes to our conscious awareness. When It does, It speaks very much as we might imagine the Master speaking: "Fear not, I am with you. I will never leave you nor forsake you.1 I will be with you to the end of the world.2" It often speaks in the word I: "It is I; be not afraid,3" and It continually brings to our awareness the fact that we are not walking the earth alone. THE TREE INCLUDES ITS BRANCHES Sometimes we feel that when we acknowledge God in us, or the Christ indwelling, we are indulging duality or twoness, but this is not true. It cannot be explained logically any more than God can be explained, but the truth is that this I within us, this presence of God, does not make for duality because It is actually the Self of our being-not only the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I_ Chapter Eight, I Speaks.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 8, God Realized
- I Chapter Eight God Realized n meditation God reveals Itself to us and, in revealing Itself, It becomes the presence and power that takes over and governs our experience. If we think of going into meditation believing that it is going to overcome some problem or remove some obstacle, we defeat our purpose and prevent its activity. The reason we stress the nature of error is to remind ourselves that we are not seeking the realization of God for the purpose of overcoming error but, with an understanding that error has no power, we are turning within only for God-realization, and not for any purpose, that is, not to achieve anything. The only achievement is God- realization itself. To have a thought beyond that is to jeopardize our success. We do not go to God to get something as if God were withholding it and as if our going would persuade Him to loosen up. We go to God only for the experience of communion, to sit in the presence of God, to feel the hand of God, and to be touched with the Spirit by the grace of God. That is enough, and when that happens, the discords of human experience begin to fade. The Nature of Gratitude It is right for us to enjoy spiritual grace translated into terms of human harmony and peace, but we cannot gain them by going to God solely for that purpose. Students will often feel a greater sense of gratitude for the healing of some so-called serious problem than they will for the healing of some minor thing. In our work that is rank error because it does not lie within our power to heal a headache or a cancer. But a realization of the presence of God reveals harmony where there was discord. Therefore, what we achieve for those who turn to us for help is the realization of God's presence, and whether it removes a headache or a cancer is incidental. It will do whatever is necessary, and sometimes far more than we could ever dream about. It is more far reaching than the immediate object we may have in mind. To express gratitude in a different ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...om_ Chapter 8, God Realized.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter VIII, Henceforth Know We No Man After the Flesh
- CHAPTER VIII HENCEFORTH KNOW WE NO MAN AFTER THE FLESH The question may arise in your mind, "How can I stop thinking about and believing in good and evil?" Let me give you an example which may help to clarify this point. Look at your hand, and ask yourself, "Is it a good hand or is it a bad hand?" And if you carry out into practice what you have learned thus far, you will have to admit that your hand is neither good nor bad: It is just a hand, a piece of flesh and a bundle of bones. It has no power to act in or of itself: It cannot pet and it cannot punch; it cannot give and it cannot withhold. But you can move it; you can use it as an instrument for giving or withholding. You can do such things, but the hand cannot. The hand is but an instrument for your use. It can be used for various purposes: It can give generously and benevolently or steal unashamedly, but this hand cannot of itself do anything. There has to be something to move the hand. Since you govern your hand, you can empower it to do good or evil, and not only can you empower the hand but also the body, sometimes to do good and sometimes to do evil. However, when you have transcended mind and thought, it is then that both mind and body are governed and controlled by the I that is God, and this produces a mind, body, and daily experience which are neither good nor evil but spiritual. The secret again is in the attainment of the unconditioned mind through which the Soul functions as life and experience. The very moment you are willing to admit that this hand can of its own self do nothing, it is governed by the I, and from then on it becomes an instrument of God carrying with it only the power to bless, because you and I, of our own human selves, are no longer governing this hand: Now I am, and I is God. Turn now from consideration of your hand and take your whole body into your mind and realize this same truth: You do not have a good or a bad body, a young or an old body. Your body is merely so much flesh ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w We No Man After the Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXI, There Remaineth a Rest
- CHAPTER XXXI "THERE REMAINETH A REST" Of old it was taught that there should be one day of Sabbath each week, a day devoted to worshiping God and living in His word. In order to be immersed in the Spirit, this Sabbath was to be kept entirely free of all worldly cares and worries. The mystical meaning of Sabbath is a resting from power. All through the year and throughout our entire life, we resort to material and mental forces and powers, and the period in which we rest from the use of these forces, thereby experiencing the spiritual Presence, is in reality the only Sabbath there is. Ideally, there should be at least one entire day in the week set aside for such rest, but because of family duties and professional responsibilities that is often well-nigh impossible. Everyone can have a Sabbath during the day or night, however, even if it is only in ten-, fifteen-, or twenty-minute periods. Then, when an occasional day comes along completely free, there is the opportunity of living with the Bible and other spiritual writings, living in meditation, and thus experiencing a full and complete day of spiritual refreshment. A Sabbath is only truly a Sabbath if we do not permit the human world to come into that period. We must have one purpose alone: to seek the realization of His presence, His power, and His grace. When we emerge from these periods, usually we find that the "things" are added unto us: whatever knowledge we need to carry on our business, whatever physical strength or moral support. In The Infinite Way no provision is made for specific Sabbath periods such as any one day of the week or any one hour of the day, nor for rest homes, churches, monasteries, or retreats. In the light of spiritual revelation the Sabbath is not so much a specific day of the week as it is a specific state of consciousness. Any day of the week-Saturday, Sunday, Monday-any day can be a Sabbath. This very hour can be our spiritual Sabbath, and again tomorrow morning at six o'clock, if we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...XXI, There Remaineth a Rest.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 4, The True Demonstration
- Chapter Four The True Demonstration Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. . . For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:25,32,33 With many truth-students, the word "demonstration" has become a part of their vocabulary. They have come to believe that they have the right to health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, perfection, and satisfaction as the fruitage of their study. Too often, however, as the student continues in this work, he finds his attention fastened too much on the outer demonstration rather than on what produces the effect, that is, on what brings the demonstration into expression or manifestation. Basis of "Miracles" of Great Spiritual Leaders The Hebrews thought that the manna falling from the sky was the demonstration. In fact, they believed it so firmly that they rushed out to gather all the manna they could, not only for what they needed for the day but to store up for tomorrow, not realizing that the manna was not their demonstration. The demonstration was their consciousness of God's presence, the consciousness of the activity of God, the consciousness of God as fulfillment. Moses' entire demonstration was based on his realization of I Am. It was Moses' realization of I Am which produced the manna falling from the sky. The demonstration really was a realization of I Am: and the result of the demonstration was the manna. Throughout scripture many miracles such as the multiplication of loaves and fishes are recounted. Did the Master multiply loaves and fishes? No, he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing. 1 . . . The Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 2 But what is "the Father that dwelleth in me"? He referred to that Father later as the truth which is the Comforter, the spirit of truth, 3 the conscious ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 4, The True Demonstration.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents