Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 11, Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being
- Chapter Eleven Spiritual Vision Alone Reveals the I Am of Individual Being God is the central theme of the message of the Infinite Way, but God is probably the most misunderstood word in all languages. Often in my travels, strangers ask, "What do you do? What is your business?" And I have to tell them I have no business, that I just write. "Oh, novels? Fiction?" Always I am in the same predicament. It is a strange thing to say, but eventually I have to tell those who ask that I write about God. Then comes the question, "What is the title of your book?" This leads me to explain that there are about twenty published books and twenty-five more coming. "All on God?" "Yes, I never change the subject." That in itself is strange, but what makes it even more strange is that very few persons know what I mean when I say God. I seem to mean something different from what most of them imagine. I am sure, from my experience, that most persons not only believe in God, but to some extent they actually believe they know what God is. That, too, seems rather strange because as a rule after a year or two of study students of the Infinite Way tell me they have never known what God is and just now they are beginning to realize how difficult it is to understand the true meaning of God. It really is difficult because regardless of what you may think about God you are bound to be wrong. You cannot be right, and you never will be right. There never will be a time when you will be correct in what you think about God. As long as you are thinking about God, you are entertaining concepts about God. Those concepts are based on your previous experience, childhood religion, or on what someone has thought, said, or written. Until a person has been a serious student of that subject for many years, God rarely becomes an actual experience. Meeting God face to face is the final word on the subject of what God is. Opening the Soul-Center The main function of a teacher in the activity of the Infinite Way ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he I Am of Individual Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 11, Access to the Kingdom of God
- ... Without any speaking, without any whispering, just by silently thinking, open consciousness. Because of the revelation of Jesus, this part is not difficult. You have his authority to back you up. It is the next part that presents difficulties, however, and with which you probably will have to contend within yourself until you reach the consciousness of it. That part has to do with the word is. It is a very angelic word, but for a long while you are going to call it a devil, because you will have difficulty with it. What does it mean? One thing it means is that God cannot do anything for you because God is already doing it, so there is nothing that God could begin today or tomorrow. It also means that you cannot bring God into the situation because God is already there where the situation appears to be. It means that you cannot attain harmony because the harmony of God is. The thing that occupies the mind and that you are expecting of God after your prayer or meditation already is. You cannot seek anything of God: you cannot seek forgiveness; you cannot seek supply; you cannot seek healing because of is. God is and God is from everlasting to everlasting. God is the same yesterday, today, and forever. God will be with you unto the end of the world. All is embodied in the word is. Then why are we going to God? Just for God's impartation of Himself, for the recognition of is, the recognition of as, letting the impartation come which, when it comes, never says, "I will do something for you." It says, "I am with you. I always have been with you; I always will be with you." There is no such thing as the past; there is no such things as the future: all is is. What about the particular sin, disease, death, lack, or limitation that confronts you? It confronts you only as an appearance or ignorance of is. In your realization of is, the picture begins to fade; the illusory appearance dies out. The law of God is functioning; the life of God is being. The law of God and the life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ccess to the Kingdom of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:11- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1955, Meditation for Beginners
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Meditation for Beginners FEW people disbelieve in God. Most people are convinced that there is a God, or that there is a Divine Power of some sort, but they are not sure just what It is. There was a time when they were content to believe that there was a God in Heaven whom they would meet after death, but in this practical age, particularly, not many are satisfied with that kind of a God. In this present age, the cry is that in spite of all the great mechanical and material advancement in the world, very little progress has been made in the way of spiritual development and unfoldment. Actually, this is not true, because every bit of this mechanical and material development is really the outward expression of inward spiritual power. Our greatest inventors, discoverers and scientists have all been spiritually endowed men; men who have lived close to God, and who have had actual God-contact. Many of the greatest physicists of today are in complete agreement not only that God is a reality, but that God is evident in our human world. All through the ages there have been spiritually endowed men and women who have had conscious contact with God, who have known conscious union with God, and who have brought this Presence and Power into their actual experience. Always there has been a Lao Tse, a Buddha, a Jesus, a John, a Paul, but none of them ever had wide followings very far beyond their personal circle. None of them were ever widely known, nor their teachings widely practiced-not during their own times or for long periods thereafter. Every one of these great spiritual leaders is in agreement on these basic principles and teachings: Do unto others as you would have others do unto you; Thou shalt not kill; Thou shalt not steal; Thou shalt not commit adultery; Thou shalt have one God. They did not teach that we all be of the same race, color or creed-they taught the principles of live, let live; love, share, co-operate. If the several hundred million who ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...5, Meditation for Beginners.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 3, The Truth That Makes Free
- ~ 3 ~ THE TRUTH THAT MAKES FREE During the days of the early Hebrews, the high priests and rabbis were never permitted to divulge truth to the people, so there was a long period when no one had access to truth except the few who had attained a sufficient degree of spiritualized consciousness to be able to grasp it. Moses knew the truth, but because he believed that only those who had reached a high state of consciousness were prepared to understand and demonstrate it, he permitted it to be known only by those who had attained the rank of high priest. It was Jesus' conviction, however, that truth should be given to mankind; it should be revealed so that everyone would be free, because to know the truth does set one completely free of physical, mental, moral, and financial limitations. He, therefore, went out into Judea and taught in the synagogues, by the wayside, by the seaside, in the mountains, and in the plains-wherever two or more would gather together to hear him and he revealed the truth to them. Jesus was crucified for telling that truth, just as throughout all generations those who have dared to tell the truth have suffered crucifixion, if not always an outward crucifixion, at least a figurative one. Men of power are afraid to let the masses know about the truth. The authorities, whether ecclesiastical or political, cannot afford to permit the world to become enlightened because when men know the truth it makes them free and they can no longer be controlled. In order, therefore, to be sure that control is maintained over the people, it is necessary to keep them in ignorance of truth. When Christ Jesus revealed truth to his followers, evidently the truth registered with a few-only a very few, but nevertheless a few-and healing work was carried on for the next three centuries. But the principle of truth was again lost. There was dissension within the Christian movement: there was one faction headed by Paul who felt that truth should be made available to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Truth That Makes Free.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 1, Meditation: Its Function and Purpose
- ... Eventually we learn that God is not in the whirlwind; God is not in the problem; God is not out here in the world: God is in the "still small voice," 14 the voice that comes to bring to us the assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 15 or "Son, My presence goes before thee to 'make the crooked places straight'." 16 Always there will come some inner assurance of God's presence. Forgiveness Removes the Barrier There are times when we begin a meditation of that kind, and then ... As long as we accept such superstitious beliefs, we cannot enter the kingdom of God. God does not punish and God does not reward. Jesus taught that God forgives even the woman taken in adultery, not after many years of punishment but now, right now in the instant when she seeks it, forgiveness is there: "Neither do I condemn thee." 20 To the thief on the cross the Master said, "Today shalt thou be with me in paradise." 21 The whole of the Master's teaching is forgiveness, not punishment. Some of us may have been taught that our troubles come to us through God, and that for some reason God has visited this affliction upon us. That is utter nonsense. The Master reveals that he came to do the will of God, and the will of God is forgiveness "seventy times seven," the healing of disease, the raising from the dead. So it may be a shock when we go into meditation and discover that we are still believing that God has visited death on a person or God has called ... We could not even love our mother under those conditions and certainly we could not love God. Love for God comes when we know that God is love and in Him there is no hate, no punishment, no unforgiveness. In Him there are no human qualities, but only the divine qualities of love, forgiveness, joy, raising up from sin, raising up from disease, raising up from death, never pushing us down. Then there comes a love in the heart, and we really can say that we love the Lord our God with all our heart, with all our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n_ Its Function and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 11, Awakening to the Soul-Faculties
- ~ 11 ~ AWAKENING TO THE SOUL-FACULTIES WHEN we live as human beings with only our human faculties to draw upon, we present to the world and to each other a human selfhood: human qualities and human awareness. This human selfhood is always limited, always finite, consisting mostly of what we have learned through education, personal experience, environment, and prenatal influences. Hidden behind this personal self, however, is our real Self. There is another Being, another Something besides the physical and mental person. Paul called that Something the Christ, which really means the son of God, the spiritual identity of our being, the reality of us. The sense of separation from God that arose out of what is called the Fall of Man has resulted in our limited humanhood, in which we have only our own gifts or lack of them to live by, our education or lack of it, our home experience or lack of it, and a good environment or a lack of it. These are the things that govern the human being, and yet all the time there is dormant within every person this spiritual Selfhood called the Christ, spiritual consciousness, or Christ- consciousness. At some point in humanity's history, a stirring began within; and one here and one there found himself awakened inside through contemplation of the wonder of life. He found himself in possession of another dimension of life and saw something greater than his surroundings, greater than his own mind or brain, greater than his own wisdom. So he came into the awareness of the truth that there was dormant within him a Presence or spiritual faculty that, when awakened, enlightened him on things he could not possibly know merely through education or human knowledge. This spiritual faculty is aroused through meditation. Inner contemplation leads to an experience in consciousness where contemplation ceases, where we no longer think-not even on spiritual things-and thought seems to settle down into a stillness, a listening attitude, a hearing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ening to the Soul-Faculties.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1959, Spiritual Power in Human Affairs
- ... It is for this reason that, even though two thousand years have elapsed since prayer and an approach to the one true God were properly taught, man still finds himself in the position of witnessing, in World War I, World War II, and the Korean War, men gathering together in churches to pray to God for the success of their side, to pray to God to kill all their enemies but not their own boys; men sending chaplains to war to pray for their side that they may be uninjured, not sick and not dead, while they send their own sons to wipe out the enemy, an enemy who has ministers of the same churches praying for this very same thing. This may not seem incongruous to you, but if you could look out with spiritual eyes at the lamentable sight of one man praying for the destruction of another, you would humbly sink to your knees, begging forgiveness that you might ever have been guilty of asking God to give you protection at the expense of a fellow being. Prayer today is about on the same level, on ... Scripture states specifically that if you go to the altar to pray and there remember that any man has aught against you, get up and leave the altar, first make peace with your fellow man, and then return to the altar and pray. Then you will find that your prayers are fulfilled. How do we make this peace? We cannot walk around the world extending our hands to the people in the north, south, east, or west, who at the moment may be our enemies, but we can get up from the altar and go into a quiet spot in our own home and there pray the prayer of forgiveness: Father, forgive them; they do not know what they do. Father, open the eyes and the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind, whether on our side of the border or on the other, whether on our side of the color line or on the other. Open the minds and the hearts and the souls of mankind to Thy presence and to Thy grace. Then go back to the altar and see how effective prayer can be. At sixteen and a half years of age, it was my good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tual Power in Human Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 145K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 3, Letting God Reveal Itself
- ... For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: Wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 9 In any moment, turn and seek the realization of God's continuous love and realize that in Him there never has been criticism, judgment, or condemnation. The Master, Christ Jesus, knew this probably better than any man. When asked by his disciples, "Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents? . . . Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents." 10 "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 11 Jesus above all men knew that we must forgive seventy times seven, and he knew that God's forgiveness is seventy times seventy times seven. In other words, God's forgiveness is endless. Why? Because God does not hold us in condemnation, criticism, or judgment. "Who made me a judge or a divider over you?" 12 All Erroneous Acts, a World-Mesmerism So if there are past sins, drop the penalty for them in this moment and realize they are as dead as yesterday. They can never live again unless you ... When we learn enough of love so that we can hold each other in this sacred relationship, then we will be able to go out and begin to take in our fellow man in our community life, family life, national life, and ultimately international life. The day must come when God's love will cover the earth through you and through me. In this consciousness of love there is neither Jew nor Gentile: there is only the child of God, the spiritual son, the divine revelation of God's government. Once a year the Hebrews have a Day of Atonement. On that day they seek God's forgiveness and they believe that all their sins of the past year are forgiven and that they start out with a new slate absolutely clean. The Roman Catholics have more than one Day of Atonement because every time they go to their priest for confession they are forgiven their sins and they start out anew. We do not have any such consolation because we start out with the understanding that God does not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Letting God Reveal Itself.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 121K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents