Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 1, The Atheism of Material Power
- ~ 1 ~ THE ATHEISM OF MATERIAL POWER FEAR grips humanity because fear, implanted in the mind of man, has made man forget God is the life of man and that life cannot be destroyed, not by a bomb or by the will of tyrants. Mesmeric world suggestion makes man think he has a life of his own and it can be lost. Humanly, this is true. Spiritually, under the Christ, it is not. The Master let his human life be taken, and then he proved that neither his life nor his body could be destroyed. Neither our individual life nor our body can be destroyed by human will or deed when we know the truth about life. In the London blitz during World War II, one couple agreed that because they had accepted God as their life, their safety, and their security, they would not build a bombproof shelter as had all their neighbors. Each evening when the blitz began and their neighbors went to their shelters, they volunteered for fire watch and walked up and down the streets. Not only were they not touched, but neither was their home, even though all around it there was great destruction. It did not come near their dwelling place for the simple reason that their dwelling place was not London, a house, or a bombproof shelter. Their dwelling place was God; they lived and moved and had their being in God. "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress." 1 Many persons believe that means God will send them a brick or cement fortress. It does not mean that at all. It means what it says, that it is God in whom "we live, and move, and have our being." 2 But the human race has cut itself off from that fortress of God by seeking safety and security in pieces of matter. BEING A DISCIPLE OF THE CHRIST The disciples of the Christ were imprisoned, but they walked out of prison with an angel ministering to them. 3 The disciple of the Christ, who does not believe safety, security, health, and harmony are to be found in pieces of matter, mounts the cross and rises out of the tomb. That individual, reborn of the Spirit, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Atheism of Material Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Eight, Meditation
- CHAPTER EIGHT MEDITATION Meditation is the way by which we attain the kingdom of God, and then life is lived by Grace. The ultimate of meditation is a state of complete silence within. The question naturally arises: For one who has not learned the art of inner silence, how is meditation accomplished? Certain it is that it is not a simple thing to achieve, because it is difficult to still the thinking mind. There is a way of meditating, however, which eventually will lead to a cessation of thought, leaving one in a sublime state of inner quiet. In this sacred and secret sanctuary of one's own being, only those thoughts which are of God enter. There are many ways of meditating, but it is important for the beginner to avoid trying to accomplish something beyond his immediate understanding. In order to meditate successfully and without having disturbing, extraneous thoughts intrude, the mode of contemplative meditation is simple and will lead the student, step by step, into higher forms of meditation. In contemplative meditation, the student transcends the desire to tell God anything or to ask God for anything. He contemplates the sun, moon, stars, and tides, and all growing and living things, remembering that the heavens and the earth are filled with everything of which man has need. He beholds all things as emanations of God, showing forth God's glory, God's law, and God's love for His children. In this quiet, peaceful state, the reassuring words of Scripture are fulfilled: "Thou wilt keep Him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee.... In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." When we are in a peaceful, quiet, reflective mood in the country, in the mountains, or by the sea, we become aware of the wonder and beauty of the earth. "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handy work." Often in the evening, out on the lanai, I contemplate the number and brilliance of the millions of stars overhead, noticing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter Eight, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Six, I Am the Vine
- What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could our own child do anything that would change our love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, how much more love is pouring forth from our heavenly Father! Can we accept the fact that God is love, not God is love if we behave in a certain way, or not just when we are worthy and deserving? Can we accept the fact that God is love, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did he at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did he ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did he, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in his ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration, or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: Since God is love, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn the electricity on or off and we can turn the water on or off, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. God is, and God is love in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider the principle: God is life. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. God is life. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, or a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words "I," "me," and "you" enter the picture, and we say my life or your life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Six, I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Spiritual Development
- ... The sky is not sitting on the mountain, and the illusion is not "out there" where it seems to be, but is your false sense of what you are beholding. You cannot get rid of the illusion; you must understand it as illusion, and see through it to ever-prevent Reality. Understand that all that appears is God- appearing, despite the illusory sense of it you may be momentarily entertaining, and even the illusion will be dispelled. Error is never personal. You must therefore never condemn a person, but see the error as impersonal, a part of universal mesmerism and no part of any individual. In this impersonalizing of error, you dispel it. One of the great laws of the Bible is, "Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you." (Matt. 5:44). Your understanding of the prayer of forgiveness is that it is the realization of oneness. To know that that which is appearing, as persecutor, hater, enemy in any form, is really the Christ itself, which finite sense has misinterpreted, will free you of any evil effects of hate, persecution and enmity. Never forget that there is in reality no sick person to heal, neither a sinner to reform - only the Christ-presence to be spiritually discerned. This is the true law of forgiveness. Thus we pray for our enemies. There is a prevalent belief that the thought of certain individuals or groups can harm you. You cannot be made to suffer from any belief other than your own acceptance of a selfhood apart from God. Those who entertain a belief in two minds or in a life that can be impaired or ended, or in a selfhood apart from God, suffer from that belief in proportion as the belief is accepted. This, too, can be healed in a moment by relinquishing the belief in two powers, and the belief in more than one Presence. The purpose of your study is, first, the improvement of humanhood - the improvement of health, wealth, harmony, companionship, home and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ture_ Spiritual Development.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:18- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 12, The Spiritual Christmas
- ~ 12 ~ THE SPIRITUAL CHRISTMAS In the account of the advent of the Christ in the Gospel according to St. Luke, the Christ was born in a manger because "there was no room for them in the inn." 1 There was no room in the inn, and so the Christ was born in the stable of the inn. Esoterically, the meaning of this is that the human consciousness, which is the place of enjoyment, comfort, and revelry, never has room for the Christ. When there is a sufficiency of supply, health, and the comforts of home life, rarely is there room in that consciousness for the Christ, and because of this human complacency, usually it is only when sickness, sin, or poverty is experienced that consciousness is ready to receive the revelation of the Christ. More often than not, it is the sick, the sinning, and the poor who are the seekers. Probably in the beginning they seek relief only from their evil, discordant, or unhappy conditions, but sooner or later they awaken to the fact that there is a deeper meaning to the activity of the Christ than merely the healing of the sick or even the raising of the dead. It is then that consciousness is opened to receive the spiritual Impulse. Within the consciousness of every person in the world, and in the consciousness of all those who have been here and of all those who have not yet come to this plane of existence, there is this spiritual Spark, that which is called the Christ, a Spark which is kindled only as man seeks for It and learns to turn within to find It. Isaiah Reveals the Christ In trying to understand the Christ, it is necessary to know Its function and the meaning of the kind of a life that is lived when the Christ is realized. More than any other Hebrew prophet, Isaiah caught the vision of the Christ, and from beginning to end the Book of Isaiah is replete with wisdom concerning the Christ: Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...12, The Spiritual Christmas.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1957, Supply
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Supply THERE is one aspect of the subject of spiritual living and spiritual healing, which puzzles every beginner in the work. Not only does it confuse the beginner, but it perplexes many people who have made some strides upon the spiritual path; and yet it is a subject which never enters the thought of those who are well advanced in spiritual awareness. That subject is supply. It puzzles everyone in the beginning, because not only is it a difficult subject to understand, but it is also difficult to see how it is related to the spiritual life. Supply is something the beginner is often overly eager to demonstrate, or, through lack of understanding, refuses to think about because to him it is not spiritual, and, therefore, unworthy of consideration by a serious student on the spiritual path. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, there is no higher subject in the whole kingdom of heaven, nor one more closely related to the entire spiritual life than that of supply. Sometimes, as the student progresses in his study and work, he tends to push the subject of supply away from him because now it would appear that his mind ought to be on something higher, something more noble, something more spiritual. For the student who is far along on the spiritual path, supply is no longer a matter of concern, because with an understanding of the subject comes a knowledge of what it is. It has become so much a part of consciousness that it requires no conscious thought. The beginner is confused about this subject because he believes that supply consists of money, property, investments, or business. These things are not supply: They are the products of supply; they are the visible evidence of supply-the out- picturing of supply. Supply is a spiritual subject, a deeply spiritual subject; it is the most spiritual subject you will ever encounter, because supply is the realization of God. It is an activity of truth which takes place ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ysticism_ July 1957, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 158K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1957, The Secret of The Healing Principle
- CHAPTER SIX: JUNE The Secret of the Healing Principle SPIRITUAL healing is based on an understanding of the spiritual principle of life. This principle is that God maintains and sustains the universe, including every person in it, in absolute integrity. Contrary to that teaching is the world of appearances, the dreamworld, a mesmeric world which has no law to support it, no substance to sustain it, and no continuity except such as we, in our ignorance, give it. Once this truth is perceived, you will have a healing principle which will stand, regardless of the nature of the problems that are brought to you. This does not mean that you will heal everybody or every condition, not because the principle is not adequate to meet every situation, but because the people involved are not yet ready to live this principle or to live by this principle; they are not ready to give up those things which would interfere with the demonstration of the principle. In other words, Jesus, himself, did not attempt to take the rich man into heaven. It was not because of the man's wealth, in and of itself, but because the man's faith, confidence, and hope were in his wealth; all his expectations and hopes in life were based on the amount of his possessions, and such a man cannot be lifted into spiritual consciousness. So it is that there are people seeking healing, but seeking only the healing of their pains and discords, not a spiritual healing which would transform their lives. This principle is so absolute, however, that given a fair opportunity with anybody who is at all receptive to the spiritual way of life, harmony will be brought into the experience of that person, and he will come into spiritual enlightenment. The Fabric of "This World" The principle which is the secret of all healing is an understanding of the nature of error. Error is never a person; it is never a thing; it is never a condition. Therefore, never take into your thought, or attempt to handle in thought, a person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...et of The Healing Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:04- 135K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Living the Life of Grace
- Living the Life of Grace God is infinite, and God manifests Itself in infinite forms and in infinite ways. God is consciousness, and we therefore become aware of all those things necessary to our unfoldment through an activity of consciousness. We see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, but these are all activities of consciousness manifested at different levels. Often in meditation it is possible to see visions or to hear the still small voice; and then there are times when the Presence makes itself known through the activity of smell, and even of touch. We may feel a touch on the shoulder, the head, or on the cheek. At other times, the fragrance of flowers may be noticed. There is no way to limit God and feel that He can appear in one way only. God can appear in any form, and probably we can understand that best by recalling that when Joan of Arc was asked, "Does God speak to you in French?" her reply was, "I do not know in what language God speaks, but I hear Him in French." Does God speak as perfume or odors, voices, or a touch? No! But we can comprehend God in these ways. That is our interpretation of God's presence. Let us learn to accept God in whatever way and in whatever form God may appear to us. How do we know that it is God? How do we know that it is not imagination? By the fruitage, by the results. When we are indulging in vain imaginings about our spiritual activities and spiritual work, it leaves us up in the air, dangling in space, with no tangible results. But when our experience is actually an experience of God, we can know it by its fruits, and the fruits of the Spirit are joy, peace, prosperity, health, harmony, and love. When the Presence announces Itself, there comes with It a sense of serenity, tranquility, a peace which may translate itself into form. Everything has form: even thought. All substance must have a form although not a form always visible to our human sense, and the higher we go in spiritual realization and unfoldment, the more we see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r_ Living the Life of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 119K
Find Similar Documents