Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 11, Impersonalizing the Visible
- The hurt and harm they have done, whether to individuals or to nations, is so great that we would find it impossible of ourselves to be forgiving. Even if we could pay lip service and say that we forgive, in our hearts we know that it is not completely so. But again we have recourse to: "I can of mine own self do nothing." 1 I cannot forgive this experience, this person, or this event, but certainly I can pray that God forgive him. Even if I humanly do not have that capacity for forgiveness, at least I know enough to know that forgiveness is right and, therefore, let me pray: Father, forgive him, that he be not held in bondage to his offenses but that he be forgiven and that the spirit of Christ open his consciousness to truth, to reality, to the right. By impersonalizing good in every way, we make ourselves instruments or transparencies through which God can perform His functions. Once we have attained, even in a small measure, the ability to impersonalize good insofar as it concerns us, we then turn our ... TAPE RECORDED EXCERPTS Prepared by the Editor "Receptivity as Related to Givingness" "The question of receptivity comes up very often in this work: 'How can I become more receptive to God, to the Christ, to the spiritual influence?' The answer to that lies in increasing your givingness. Receptivity is attained only through giving. What you have to give is an individual matter with you. . . . "Receptivity is the secret of spiritual attainment and receptivity is attained through givingness. If we have a little change or more to give, let us share it where we will, but remember that the givingness of which we speak is not as material as it is spiritual. The real givingness must be forgiveness, benevolence, peace, goodwill toward men. This is the givingness: goodwill toward men, setting free, holding no one in condemnation. "Receptivity is the ability to perceive, to discern the spiritual good in man, the ability to discern the spiritual good that is embodied in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Impersonalizing the Visible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1958, The Practice of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Practice of Spiritual Healing To be successful in spiritual healing, it is necessary to come out and be separate -to adopt a clear principle from which there is no deviation. In order to be free and to free others, you yourself must know the nature of spiritual healing. The correct premise for healing is that God constitutes individual being, individual you and me; God constitutes your being and mine; and there is nothing which can defile that pure spiritual being. There is no cause save one: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." 1 Spiritual healing cannot be based on the fact that there is something to be removed and that, in order to remove it, you must find its cause and then get rid of its effect. Nowhere in the New Testament does the Master indicate that there is a mental cause for physical disease; nowhere does he say to anyone, "You are ill because of this, that, or the other thing"; nowhere does he say that you are being held in bondage to this error because of that error; nowhere does he say that there is a cause for disease. Rather he demonstrated irrefutably his firm conviction that disease is not a power: "Stretch forth thine hand. 2 . . . Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 3 . . . Lazarus, come forth." 4 Do these words indicate that sickness has a cause or that disease was created by God? Spiritual healing is an acknowledgment of God as the infinity of being, as the infinity of your being and mine. Anything unlike God which presents itself to us is merely a state of mesmerism, a suggestion coming to us for our acceptance or rejection. It makes no difference whether the suggestion comes in the form of a sin or a disease, of unemployment or lack, the treatment is the same-the recognition that we are not dealing with physical conditions, but that we are dealing purely with a state of hypnotism. When we realize that, a large percentage of our healing work is accomplished. Then, can it make any difference whether ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...actice of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: November 1957, Gratitude
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER Gratitude FEW people understand the nature of gratitude. Just what is gratitude? Are human beings capable of gratitude? Actually, we should not expect gratitude from a person, and if we do expect it, we shall be disappointed because gratitude is beyond the capacity of a human being. Many people believe that money and gratitude are synonymous, but in reality, they have no relationship to each other. There are times when money can be a symbol of gratitude, but it is a mistake to tie them together because gratitude goes far beyond money. For example, if we should ask a practitioner for help for a headache and attempted to express our gratitude in a monetary form, we might well believe that a nominal payment would be a sufficient expression of gratitude; but on the other hand, if we were healed of a cancer, we might feel that even if we took our last dollar and ran into debt besides, it would be a very small token of gratitude for such a healing. In both cases, we would be wrong, because gratitude for spiritual healing has no relationship at all to what has been healed. Spiritual healing can only come through a realization of God. It can only take place when an individual has so dedicated himself to spiritual living that he becomes a transparency through which God can act; and when the Spirit of God flows through an individual, that Spirit of God can heal the headache or the cancer. There should be no difference in the degree of gratitude in either case because our gratitude should not be merely for the healing of a headache or for the healing of a cancer. No, we should be grateful because we have been privileged to be a living witness to the fact that God is as available on earth today as He was two thousand years ago. How, then, can we be more grateful for the presence of God in one case than in another? The world at large does not have access to God because it has cut itself off from contact with God. Many people believe that if they go to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ November 1957, Gratitude.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:09- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Metaphysical Healing
- METAPHYSICAL HEALING HEALINGS ARE always in proportion to our understanding of the truth about God, man, idea, body. Healing has nothing to do with someone "out there" called a patient. When anyone asks for spiritual help or healing, that ends his part in what follows until he acknowledges his so-called healing. We are not concerned with the so-called patient, the claim, the cause of the illness or its nature, nor with his sins or fears. We are now concerned only with the truth of being - the truth of God, man, idea, body. The activity of this truth in our consciousness is the Christ, the Savior, or healing influence. Failure to heal is the result of much misknowledge of the truth about God, man, idea, and body, and this misknowledge stems primarily from orthodox religious beliefs which have not been rooted out of our thought. Few realize to what extent they are blinded by superstitious orthodoxy. There is only one answer to the question, "What is God?" and that answer is, "I AM." God is the mind and the life of the individual. Any mental hedging or inner reservation on this subject will result in ultimate failure. There is but one universal I whether it is being spoken by Jesus Christ or John Smith. When Jesus revealed, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me," he was revealing a universal truth or principle. There must be no quibbling about this. You either understand this truth or you do not - and if you do not, there is no need for you to seek any further reason for failure to heal. The revelation of Jesus the Christ is clear. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." Unless you can accept this as a principle and therefore as the truth about you and about every individual, you have no foundation upon which to stand. The truth is that God is the mind and life of the individual. God is the only I. Next comes the question, "What is man?" and the answer is that man is idea, body, manifestation. My body is idea, or manifestation. Likewise my business, home, wealth, - ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Way_ Metaphysical Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 7, God
- ~ 7 ~ GOD When we say, "I am God," or "I am a law unto my universe," we are not saying that a human being is God, or that a mortal is spiritual. Never forget that it would be nonsense to try to spiritualize mortal man, or to make God out of a human being. That has been one of the mistakes of religion throughout the ages- setting apart some individual and making him God, taking some person, some human being, and making of him a God. The truth is that only God is God; but God is the individuality and the identity, and the reality of each one of us when we have overcome our sense of humanhood. Often when you see people who work from the standpoint of "I am," you will find them confused, walking around saying, "I am God." They are the very people who are apt to be walking around with an empty purse, a diseased body, or a pair of eyeglasses, and yet they continue to say, "I am God." You can see how ridiculous that is, because that is not God at all. I am God. That I is a universal, infinite, omnipresent Being, and It is the reality of your being and of mine when the human sense of self has been overcome. You do not lift the human sense up and make it immortal or spiritual. That is the reason treatments that say, "You are spiritual," or "You are perfect," or "You are rich," are of so little value. Such statements are not true at all. If they were true, you would not find it necessary to repeat them. Can you imagine Rockefeller or a Carnegie or any man of recognized wealth, walking around saying, "I am rich?" And you almost never hear a healthy person say, "I am healthy." When you make these affirmations, it is because you believe you are the opposite; you are trying to fool yourself into believing that you are something that you really are not. When you simply repeat the words, "I am God," that is not true; but when you hear those words within you, that is Truth. That is God announcing Itself as the reality of your being. When you hear a voice saying, "Know ye not that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ster Speaks_ Chapter 7, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 5, Evolving States of Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ EVOLVING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS There is an invisible substance or essence called Consciousness, which can be experienced, but never defined or analyzed. It has a meaning beyond that found in any dictionary, a meaning that we can comprehend only through our spiritual awareness or powers of discernment. Consciousness is not only eternal and omnipresent but It is our individual consciousness or awareness, the substance, cause, and law of individual being. That Consciousness is so infinite that It fills all space, not merely on earth, beneath the earth, and in heaven, but It is the consciousness of the entire universe, from everlasting to everlasting, without beginning and without end: unconditioned, eternal, immortal Being. This unconditioned Consciousness functioned in Its fullness in the beginning. We were the expression of that functioning, and our experience was wholly pure, immortal, and eternal. There was no sin in it, no disease, no death, no lack, and no limitation. It was a pure state of spiritual being. At some time in the history of mankind, man lost his divine heritage, that is, he became unaware of it. It is described in Scripture as the Adamic experience. Adam and Eve, symbolic figures, represent the human race which accepted a belief in two powers, a power of good and a power of evil, and by accepting that belief they were driven out of the Garden of Eden and became separated from their Source, God-consciousness. That is the belief, but nothing really can separate anyone from infinite divine harmony. As a result of the sense of separation that sprang up, symbolized by Adam and Eve being cast out of the Garden of Eden, we find a mortal concept being entertained in the form of two sons. These two sons were the mortal concepts of the human race-one good and one evil. With that concept, the human race went deep down into degradation, into the lowest form of human life, even cannibalism in some places, with murder a natural accompaniment of this low ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing States of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 2, Barriers to Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ BARRIERS TO SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT As human beings we all want or need something, and it is the desire for that something that blocks our spiritual development. It is the desire or need for something apart from God that sets up within us a sense of separation from Him, or leads us to believe that we could be satisfied with something other than the presence and power of God. The very desire for something good, something as good as to be of service, is a barrier to spiritual development for we have no right to want anything, even to want to do good. We have only one right: to want to know God. Then, if God places us in some form of service-teaching, healing, nursing, painting, writing plays or books, or whatever it may be-we perform our work with joy and gladness because we are permitting ourselves to be transparencies through which God can shine. But for us to desire to do any of these things would be to glorify ourselves, and that is wrong. It is difficult to live the spiritual life because in the human picture we are continuously desiring something-to be something, to do something, to benefit or to bless someone-and that is the barrier to spiritual development. The dissolving of the barrier comes with the relinquishment of our desires, wants, wishes, or outlining, so that we can go to God pure, not asking for supply, companionship, or to be of service, but asking only that God's grace be established in us, that God envelop and permeate us, that we may come to know Him aright, realize our oneness with Him, and thereby become consciously one with the creative Principle of our being. That is all. We, then, have no further needs, no further wants, no further desires. The Fruitage of Conscious Oneness with God To live in conscious union with God draws to us all that is necessary to fulfill our experience as long as we do not outline what that experience is to be or desire it to unfold in some particular way. That union with God, acting through us, forces us into the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers to Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 134K
Find Similar Documents